Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not in the cycling sections, but lidl have mechanic's trays in at the moment for €2.50, which are very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

not in the cycling sections, but lidl have mechanic's trays in at the moment for €2.50, which are very useful.

They're very cheapy compared to others I have (I'm a car mechanic) but for using the odd time at home they'll be a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'll grab one of those work stands for sure, any know if the sunglasses are any use?
    Functionally at least.

Glasses are good. Definitely worth €4

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

3 bikestands left at coolock lidl at 9am, didn't ask if they've any in the back. Must be popular ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

There was at least 10 left in Lidl Ballycullen this morning. I got one and a couple of pairs of the glasses. I was tempted to get a pump but bottled it, I have a decent Joe Blow pump but it's nearly 10 years old now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Got a haul!
    Work stand, 2 glasses, rechargeable lamps, bike cleaner and chain lube.

Still 3 work stands left when in left. Lidl Belgard.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

no bike stands in lidl cabra or finglas. Anyone see them near to these?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No bike stands in Terenure last night, although I wasn't looking for one.
    Got the foot pump and gloves though, plenty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

no bike stands in lidl cabra or finglas. Anyone see them near to these?

None in Walkinstown, plenty of lights, gloves, panniers, Glasses and pumps.
    I'll be passing greenhills road later, I'll pop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi 15 April
    Cycling specials - unknown offers yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Still no update on offers
    Here is what Aldi LU & Aldi ES suggest might show up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

zell12 wrote: »
    Still no update on offers
    Here is what Aldi LU & Aldi ES suggest might show up :D
    What the feck is this supposed to be?

LW7as3f.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

'magnetised pocket light' i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I've noticed aldi and lidl have really reduced the range of stuff they have in the cycling specials over the past 2-3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Have to be honest, nothing I ever bought there (for the bike) has lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've noticed aldi and lidl have really reduced the range of stuff they have in the cycling specials over the past 2-3 years

I think this is the same across all their specials. I only noticed because of regularly buying stuff in baby events, previously they would have up to 20 items but nowadays it's more like 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think this is the same across all their specials.
    I'd agree. The reality is that people have realised that they're often only the price and quality that you can get online at any time, plus a lot of the in demand items people have now. It's rare enough to hear of queues for specials these days, where as it was definitely "a thing" 5 or 10 years ago.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Have to be honest, nothing I ever bought there (for the bike) has lasted.
    the bike stand can't be beaten though, certainly not at the price it usually sells for (€30)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mine was dumped into a skip by rubbish clearance guys hired by management company of old apartment I lived in. Bike stand shouldn't be in a bike shed apparently. Technically correct, but it made a lot more sense than most of the sh!te in there that wasn't dumped

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Also, I'm not surprised Aldi etc have reduced the amount they have on offer, even without brexit/covid. Far too often they were left with discounted stuff they couldn't shift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I've noticed over the years, and not just with cycling stuff, that the range of items almost gets distilled.

I presume it's based, like Weepsie slides to, on the sales of these items. There have been things I wanted from, say, the DIY range, hummed and hawed about buying, they eventually leave the shop, and I figure "sure I'll get them in 3/4/5 months time, and that item never goes on sale again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I have a baselayer I got from Aldi in 2013, still in great condition.

I was never able to find a similar quality one after thate, Aldi or elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Alek wrote: »

Can't say mine are that old, but would have older base layers that they haven't matched since. I have bib shorts from probably the same time which are still amongst my best fit, which subsequent iterations have not come close too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I still wear a North Face baselayer I had sea kayaking and hiking in Alaska in 2004. Bought in 2002. Has been used well over a 1000 times

Corporate world would to see that catching on; no money to be made making stuff that doesn't break/wear out/become obsolete

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Under Armour cold gear BL, ive not come across anything to rival these so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

Thargor wrote: »
    What the feck is this supposed to be?

LW7as3f.png
    Loving pocket lamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

dahat wrote: »

this...underarmour all the way...sad they dont make bibs !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I can believe that Underarmour stuff IS superior to my old Aldi one... but its price/performance/longevity ratio sucks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

dahat wrote: »

Their downfall is that it is too good.. you don't need to buy it again. Washes over and over, and still works as well and never falls apart or loses shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

I had a few pairs of "cycling underwear" from either Lidl or Aldi, which were unpadded boxer shorts made of a wicking synthetic material.

They have been binned since, and I can't replace them because they have never returned not for years now. There are some equivalents in Decathlon but not as good.

They were ideal, back when I was still going into the office, to wear under ordinary cotton shorts on my commute. I would change all my clothes and put on normal underwear in work. I am happy enough to wear cycling shorts at the weekend but would not wander through the corridors of my workplace in them.

Advertisement