Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

ARX wrote: »
    Loving pocket lamp?

That's what I thought but apparently it means magnetic. Who knew?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't quite understand the logic of a sleeveless cycling baselayer; usually if i want a baselayer to help with warmth, i'd prefer it cover my shoulders too.

It looks to be the same base as last year, they're grand for 4.99 but not as good as previous ones. I'd agree with MB I'd prefer a tshirt style one that covers upper arms and pits. You definitely feel the chill in these ones under your arms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

apart from the bike stand, the best thing aldi or lidl ever did was the merino arm warmers for about 6 quid, but i've not seen them in a few years either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

i don't quite understand the logic of a sleeveless cycling baselayer; usually if i want a baselayer to help with warmth, i'd prefer it cover my shoulders too.

Maybe for triathletes, but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it's an extra layer for the spring/summer I guess, I have one (probably Aldi) and I wear it under the club short-sleeve jersey which is very thin and snug. I'd only wear the s/s jersey on it's own when it's properly warm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

disappointing they're not doing the bags shown on the Luxembourg site, though that's probably because they're Aldi Nord and we're (confusingly) Aldi Sud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I've gotten years of use out of a lidl sleeveless baselayer. I guess it's the same logic behind a gilet and maintaining core warmth. I wouldn't like a short sleeved base layer peeking out of or interfering with a summer jersey sleeve, particularly with the modern aero banding / finishing around the upper arm of fancy jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

zell12 wrote: »

Interested in the bike chain cleaning kit. Would there be much difference between that and Juice Lubes Dirty Little Scrubber which gets 5/5 from Road.cc or is that product pretty much the same- plastic, bristle etc.?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

dinneenp wrote: »
    Interested in the bike chain cleaning kit. Would there be much difference between that and Juice Lubes Dirty Little Scrubber which gets 5/5 from Road.cc or is that product pretty much the same- plastic, bristle etc.?

Thanks,
    Pa.

I think they're all about the same, the plastic isn't terribly brittle, if you take care of it, it will last. They have To be all made in China, no?
    I have had one for about 5/6 years, no problems, but I haven't dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

dinneenp wrote: »

Thanks,
    Pa.

I'd say the difference would be negligible

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

zell12 wrote: »

Thanks, don't you just hate it when websites take away normal zoom/move around functions by providing their own zoom/move around functions that are WORSE than the standard functions?

Anyway, the €15 shorts could be good - I like the idea of the adjustable waistband, which might mean I don't have to keep stopping to pull my shorts back up over my crack.

Thanks, don't you just hate it when websites take away normal zoom/move around functions by providing their own zoom/move around functions that are WORSE than the standard functions?

Anyway, the €15 shorts could be good - I like the idea of the adjustable waistband, which might mean I don't have to keep stopping to pull my shorts back up over my crack.

Yeah hate that, ctrl key + mouse scroll wheel is your friend for there. I'm sure it's similar on a laptop track pad.

As for your arse crack thanks for the lovely image on what was a nice Friday evening. Get a decent pair bibs you'll never look back, don't even have to spend mad money for a good pair that will last but buy cheap buy twice as they say. or do you favor loser fit shorts there are some MTB type alternatives too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bwdbwd

Are the Muc-Off lube products available on Thursday genuine ?
    There seems to be a subtle difference in the packaging, compared to the Muc-Off website e.g '4 step' or 'Urban bike care'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

bwdbwd wrote: »
    Are the Muc-Off lube products available on Thursday genuine ?
    There seems to be a subtle difference in the packaging, compared to the Muc-Off website e.g '4 step' or 'Urban bike care'

I always stock up on them. Find them great

Are you worried that they're knockoffs, or that Muc Off are producing a subpar product just for Lidl/Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They're not "fake" muc-off products. I've used them in the past - the wet lube is pretty sticky compared to others I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NNSXLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Works out at about €8.85 for a litre in the basket.

Aldi €4.99 for 500ml

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got a message saying the bike stuff got delayed and won't be in Aldi tommorrow unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I got a message saying the bike stuff got delayed and won't be in Aldi tommorrow unfortunately.

Pity. btw how do you get these notifications?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

charlieIRL wrote: »

All stores or your local store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

They've posted about it on their Facebook page. Not everything it appears:
    We’re sorry, a few cycling essentials due on sale this Thursday are postponed due to shipping delays. We are working hard to make them available to you as soon as possible! ����
    Postponed cycling essentials for Thursday April 15th: Bicycle lock, Ladies/Mens Cycling shorts, Saddle bag, Bike cleaning kit, Bike seat cover and metal Jerry can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do they specify which type of shorts in any of the comments? I wanted the normal looking ones for mountain biking.

Thargor wrote: »
    Do they specify which type of shorts in any of the comments? I wanted the normal looking ones for mountain biking.

Yes I think they'll have them, this is the updated list of what will be there tomorrow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

This is the text from their facebook page.....
    We’re sorry, a few cycling essentials due on sale this Thursday are postponed due to shipping delays. We are working hard to make them available to you as soon as possible!
    Postponed cycling essentials for Thursday April 15th: Bicycle lock, Ladies/Mens Cycling shorts, Saddle bag, Bike cleaning kit, Bike seat cover and metal Jerry can.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Grand. I only wanted the shorts in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Any idea when the gear will be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Aldi tallaght cross.
    The shorts are fine, padding in them too and they are comfortable with zip pockets. Can't stand lycra shorts so they will do the job.15 quid.

Didn't need another rucksack but the sports one is really good. It has the metal bar in the back that keeps the bag off you to let air in so I got one, 15 quid.

And then a can of Gt85 for lube.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Few bits in Aldi Navan this morning including shorts muck off stuff, chain cleaning kit, inner tube sealant. No gloves though. I always end up buying gloves when they're available

• Advertisement

Aldi Terenure didn't have a lot of what I was interested in such as the wet oil, chain cleaning kit and only some of the muc off cleaning sprays. I did get a bag, shorts and gt85.

Advertisement