Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tech-7 have the best lubricant aroma. I won't even hear the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Aldi Terenure didn't have a lot of what I was interested in such as the wet oil, chain cleaning kit and only some of the muc off cleaning sprays. I did get a bag, shorts and gt85.

Agree with some of the other comments, this is horrendous stuff. I've used it for a good while on a few bikes and it just attracts dirt, I also find it hard enough to clean off when trying to do a proper job cleaning the chain and cassette, pulley wheels etc.

I probably have a good half a bottle of it left in the shed, need to check, but you're welcome to it if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Guys is the tube sealant basically the same product as tyre sealant ?

I run tubeless on the road bike and ran out of schwalbe doc blue recently and am wondering is this an adequate replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Glad I followed this thread - thought that the bottle of the Wet Oil Muc Off I bought a year ago had somehow gone off, now I see its a design feature of the product.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Guys is the tube sealant basically the same product as tyre sealant ?

I run tubeless on the road bike and ran out of schwalbe doc blue recently and am wondering is this an adequate replacement

The manufacturers claim that its not and that it has no corrosion inhibitors that tubeless sealant has. Is this true? I don't know. I know from reading reviews you need to put more of this in a tube than you would put in an equivalent tubeless tyre, so even if you can, no way to know is it actually any value and I wouldn't risk my wheels without having seen someone else do it first. Let me know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tube sealant sounds like tyre weld to me? i.e. to seal existing punctures but not necessarily to protect against more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I don't want to be ruining my carbon hoops either ,😄Won't be trying it unless I've good reason to believe it's fine and works.

If it were fit for both I would expect that to be written all over the bottle

tube sealant sounds like tyre weld to me? i.e. to seal existing punctures but not necessarily to protect against more?
    I read reviews, it does work like tyre sealant in that it seals new punctures and seems to do an OK job if not as quick as tube sealant. It also seems to stay in liquid form (as in no dry out), which might be related to why it doesn't seal as quickly. Maybe handy on a commuter but then again, I'd just buy Schwalbe Marathons if it was that big a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

People blasting GT85 on their bikes, do ye keep them in the house afterwards? I'm not allowed, the smell is too strong apparently. Never had that complaint for any other product I've applied to the bike before...

Thargor wrote: »
    People blasting GT85 on their bikes, do ye keep them in the house afterwards? I'm not allowed, the smell is too strong apparently. Never had that complaint for any other product I've applied to the bike before...

I used some on a squeaky door hinge because it was the closest to hand, got the head eaten off me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just buy her a few candles to light afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Very little in Nutgrove, some tyre sealant, some GT85, some ladies tops

dahat wrote: »
    Under Armour cold gear BL, ive not come across anything to rival these so far.

Has anyone bought from underarmour.ie since Brexit hit? Looks like they're shipping from the UK, so I'm wondering if extra charges applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Has anyone bought from underarmour.ie since Brexit hit? Looks like they're shipping from the UK, so I'm wondering if extra charges applied?

Lifestyle have a decent sale in UA Base layers.
    link

I have a winter BL so would be looking for non-cold one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Thargor wrote: »
    Just masks my other odours...

dinneenp wrote: »
    Lifestyle have a decent sale in UA Base layers.
    link

I have a winter BL so would be looking for non-cold one.

Very helpful, thanks - got something for the teen in Lifestyle. Not a great selection of sizes left, but hopefully this one will fit.

Discount available for student card too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

chain lube talk moved here

fuelling talk moved here

Any idea when they'll have the chain cleaner plastic thing back in please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

If there's a range near you they have them I noticed the other day, not sure of the exact price but less than a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

There's cycling stuff in Aldi on 16th May, but no leaflet yet to see what's in stock. Maybe keep an eye out on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

I have the leaflet here I cant see any mention of the chain cleaner in it. The Bike cleaning kit is in it though.

patrickc wrote: »
    I have the leaflet here I cant see any mention of the chain cleaner in it. The Bike cleaning kit is in it though.

I can't see it online. From what date will it be in please?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Just buy the chain cleaner thing on Aliexpress.

Aldi have an actual MTB for e349.99 on 16/05. Only £300 in UK
    https://leaflets.aldi.co.uk/view/1010962972/4/
    Looks the bees knees too.

zell12 wrote: »
    Just buy the chain cleaner thing on Aliexpress.

Aldi have an actual MTB for e349.99 on 16/05. Only £300 in UK
    https://leaflets.aldi.co.uk/view/1010962972/4/
    Looks the bees knees too.

If they had their 29er in I would pick one up, decent knock about frame from what reviews I have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Here the Irish leaflet. Less stuff than the UK one, but they'll have workstands for anyone interested

https://leaflets.aldi.ie/view/904646902/10/

A bike? A whole bike??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

CramCycle wrote: »
    If they had their 29er in I would pick one up, decent knock about frame from what reviews I have found.

Anyone know if its one size only or multiple sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

CianRyan wrote: »
    A bike? A whole bike??

There'll carnage with people trying to get them, probably queuing hours before shop opens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I don't get the attraction that's more of a BSO than a mountain bike

Advertisement