Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black eyeliner

Options
  • 22-09-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Don't think there's another thread for this but can someone advise on a black eyeliner for the waterline for a dark eye look? I've tried urban decay glide eyeliner and couple of high atreet brand Rimmel etc but I find the colour doesn't even show on my waterline, certainly doesn't stay any length of time. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Catrice do a brilliant one! It's jet black and stays on really well. Can't remember the name but it's a twisty up one.

Have you looked at gel liner? I'll use the kiko one in my water line if I want a really dark eye. Inglot do a good one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I use gel liner on my upper eye, never thought if using it on my waterline, its just painted on I assume with a brush? I use the Bobbi Brown on my upper eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I also use Bobbi Brown on my upper lip and for the lower, the Nars pencil has the best staying power I've used. I don't have a steady enough hand for using liquid or gel on the lower lid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I use the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl liner and find it great. Always comes up well on my waterline and it's a great black. I used to use a Stila one years ago that I loved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

I use Nyx jumbo pencils in either Black or Milk (white) everyday on my waterline.
    Lasts ages and very affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

MAC Feline kohl pencil is great, really really black for the waterline and doesn't budge all day. Inglot gel liner is fantastic too but I've never tried it on the waterline, seems a bit fiddly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

No matter what liquid liner I try on my waterline I I have a reaction. It stings slightly and tears flow! Anyone else experience this but found one that doesn't? Any kohl is fine. Im using Inglot at them moment and works fine for me all day.

Only one that works for me is TattooMe from seventeen. Boots usually have it. Won't budge and no watering issues (except for when I miss and stab myself in the eye :p)

Oh and because this issue obsesses me (ha!)
    Best waterproof mascara I've ever used is the Lidl one (I've tired most of their products and really don't rate most at all...) but combo of seventeen TattooMe (around €5.99 if you can find it)and Lidl Blue Waterproof Mascara (like €2.99) have lasted through running, HIIT workouts, weights sessions and sauna/showers where all else have left me looking like the sadest sad panda.
    Downside is that only way I've found to remove them is Avocado oil (the non green purified facial version) or Eve Lom + facial towel to melt them off.

Don't rate much else from their ranges though, and still dying to find a cheapo pale eye shadow that's anywhere as good as Tarte. Or a BB cream as good as Dr Jart.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

I have a Tarte cosmetics eyeliner pencil that I bought in Sephora and it's the best one I have ever used! Doesn't budge from the water line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

I have a Tarte cosmetics eyeliner pencil that I bought in Sephora and it's the best one I have ever used! Doesn't budge from the water line.

I need tom stop looking at Tarte make up! I want it ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

kickthecan wrote: »
    I need tom stop looking at Tarte make up! I want it ALL

The eyeliner is the only product I've used but I have heard great things about the brand! They are meant to have a concelear that is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I have tried a few different eyeliner now and still haven't come across the holy grail.. I think a kohl eyeliner is the way to go but the nyx disappeared in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Essence eyeliner (The twisty one) is brilliant. If you want something a little bit more expensive YSL Dessin Due Regard Eyeliner is unbelievably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Smashbox do a gel liner in pencil form that literally does not budge from the water line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I've always worn black pencil eyeliner every day, but the last several I've tried (whether expensive or cheap), I've had to bin or give away because they're not working with my contact lenses.

Basically I put the contact lenses in, then usually put the eyeliner on maybe half an hour later, but for the next couple of hours I have to repeatedly take the contacts out and clean them as residue keeps getting all over them so that I can't see.

It's really annoying me as I've worn both contact lenses and eyeliner (multiple brands) on a daily basis for the past 15 years or so without any issues whatsoever. I've been using the exact same contacts for a good few years now - Johnsons Acuvue Oasys. So I can't understand why this is suddenly a problem!

I know I could just give up and stop wearing eyeliner, but I feel a little bit naked without it. :o

Anyone else have this issue? What brands of eyeliner do other contact lens wearers use?

(Sorry for bringing the thread slightly off-topic!)

Advertisement