Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation for delayed luggage - Are Lingus

Options
  • 22-09-2017 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

my wife's luggage has been delayed following an Are Lingus flight to Toronto with no clear view of when it will be delivered - this impacted a significant number of passengers so it is unlikely that the luggage is lost.

I suspect it will be at least 24 hours before the luggage is available.

As ever the website just refers to Montreal Convention and points at passenger travel insurance when entitlements are explained.

Can anyone tell me what expenses Are Lingus are likely to cover in this situation. Can she reasonably purchase clothes, makeup in this situation - there is a family occasion this evening that she is attending and does not have this in her carry-on luggage.

What approach will Are Lingus take?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not sure this will help but it's funny I think.

I was on a group golf trip years ago to the USA. Some golf bags made the flights, others didn't. Most cases didn't make the connecting flight either.

Our group descended on a local golf shop the next day buying golf shirts, shorts, socks, underwear, shoes, hats.......it was like a swarm of locusts.

We went off and played golf with the remainder of the clubs and bags arriving later that day. One of the party announced that the airline (Delta iirc) would repay 50% of the value of any purchases on production of receipts. Most took up the offer at some point during the week.

I didn't and got a lift to the airport early on going home day. I was offered 50% as I'd get to keep the clothing but said "no thanks you can keep it" and began unloading dirty golf gear.

I got a 100% refund :D

Advertisement