Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer not 'shutting down'?

Options
  • 22-09-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Have a 'hp ' laptop for work ....it's 3 or 4 years old, yday evening I went to shut it down as usual after work.....today when I turned it on on the screen it was still 'shutting down'.... has being doing that all day!.....
    What are possible reasons for this?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it able to complete a warm restart or go to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

No keys or mouse responding at all.

Ps - how do you do a warm restart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Right so you are 'stuck' on the shutting down screen.

Is anything plugged in - ethernet etc? I'm not familiar with laptops (honest!) but it sounds like the BIOS might be refusing to shut the machine down and that could be due to having something plugged in.

Obvious question but did you try holding down the power button for more than a moment? Try a lengthy push.

Was talking to someone and they said to hold down button....got it going again,thanks.

• Advertisement

Was talking to someone and they said to hold down button....got it going again,thanks.

Advertisement