Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 22nd Sept

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

sligojoek wrote: »
    I think it was Dustin that said "Lyric FM. Music by the dead. For the nearly dead."
    I'll tell you, Joe, anything is better than listening to Paul Williams in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Harry, you're a Benny Goodman fan, aren't you?

Thanks Lady C, that would be one of my desert island discs :)

It was wrong that they rushed the tribute to Jimmy Magee, the housing crisis and antiques items could have waited a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Rushed the tribute but loads of time to present a millionaire with some teabags. Really?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I can see why Russell Crowe aggred to go on the show tonight........ I can imagine his contract says something like,.... 'I'll appear on the show if I can ramble for a few minutes and everyone applaud after every sentence... Including you Tubbs, then I want to do a 10 minute song,..... Now that will be 50,€ fee!"

• Advertisement

I thought tonight was one of the more entertaining Late Late Shows....(I know that doesn't say much) but it was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Goodnight folks and watch your inboxes for subpoenas to the trial of the century, petertheninth and the people versus skid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

He had the "pleasure" of meeting Hillary Clinton. It's like saying he had the pleasure of meeting Hitler ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought tonight was one of the more entertaining Late Late Shows....(I know that doesn't say much) but it was grand.

Wasn't the worst alright but the Jimmy Magee tribute was a disgrace, should have not been on at all if they couldn't devote a half an hour to him.

Everything seems to rushed except the wanker Crowe.

• Advertisement

Multiple Choice Question for you Harry...

1. Have you a movie for this evening?
    2. Who is presenting Late Date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Icsics

nagdefy wrote: »
    Isn't the show so..brusque. The Tubs LLS. Speedy talking host, snappy non funny jokes. Move along, rush the next segment. Keep smilling and tapping things. Snappy fingers stuff. Cover everything but nothing properly.

There's no flow or depth to any conversation. When you think of the Gay Byrne LLS, when time was not our master. If something interesting developed it could be explored. Regardless of whether it was on the auto cue cards!

This is exactly it! Too many guests on tonight & no link between any of them. I left the room at the homeless bit & when I came back in the boxers were in their seats, literally! Poor old Brian didn't even get to tell his Ella story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

The tribute should have been at the start of the show. It's belittling leaving it last. Older viewers tend to nod off too and go to be earlier, many who would have been interested in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'll tell you, Joe, anything is better than listening to Paul Williams in the morning.

I wasn't having a go at Lyric. I often stick it on when I'm driving.

I changed my car lately and haven't got around to putting my old bluetooth enabled stereo into it. Unless i root out a load of old CDs I'm stuck with 3 or 4 radio channels at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Icsics wrote: »
    This is exactly it! Too many guests on tonight & no link between any of them. I left the room at the homeless bit & when I came back in the boxers were in their seats, literally! Poor old Brian didn't even get to tell his Ella story

Yes the Ella story. Would have been more interesting than the Ed Sheeran tequilla crap Crowe was on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

It was wrong that they rushed the tribute to Jimmy Magee, the housing crisis and antiques items could have waited a week or two.

They are entitled to their free house

25 years of "Later with Jules Holland" on BBC2 I've been watching it since 11.15

I posted this earlier but it's not bad if you want to watch some Jimmy Magee on the LLS, Jimmy picks out some classic sporting moments in 1987 with Gay.

You need to watch it on Youtube, the IAAF don't want you to watch it on this thread, shower of basterds.

nagdefy wrote: »
    The tribute should have been at the start of the show. It's belittling leaving it last. Older viewers tend to nod off too and go to be earlier, many who would have been interested in it.

Pure clickbait is all it was. Keep em watching till the end.

Sorry Lady C, I was listening to that Benny Goodman track :o

1.The Last Picture Show Film4 1.20am
    2. FOB

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    They are entitled to their free house

To be fair, that couple weren't your typical 'free house' brigade..... Plus I think that topic is more suitable for a program like 'Prime Time'

Sorry Lady C, I was listening to that Benny Goodman track :o

1.The Last Picture Show Film4 1.20am
    2. FOB
    Thanks Harry.

I've started watching Forget Paris, well you know me....

Haughey and I share a love of all things French :o

*Pours Chateauxneuf de Pape

Thanks Harry.

I've started watching Forget Paris, well you know me....

Haughey and I share a love all things French :o

*Pours Chateauxneuf de Pape

Billy Crystal was great back in the day. When Harry Met Sally was his apotheosis, as WB Yeats might say.

Related by marriage to Raquel Welch. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

I've a Raquel Welch Story too....

During the 70s & 80s there was an Ennis woman working for Raquel in the States. I can't remember whether she was a PA, Housekeeper or a Childminder but ....when Raquel was finished with her clothes she would give them to this lady......so lots of young teenage girls in Ennis were walking around town in Raquel's hand me downs....and they were happy to do it.

Raquel-Watts-Curly-Watts.jpg

I've never watched that show since Raquel and Curly broke up.

Too painful.

Billy Crystal was great back in the day. When Harry Met Sally was his apotheosis, as WB Yeats might say.

Harry, If you're going to mention WB Yeats and a movie in the same sentence then... please let the movie be this one.......

I adore this movie, it's old-fashioned but it's so beautiful and deeply moving on so many levels <3<3<3

I've given up on Forget Paris, it's time for Late Date...

I've given up on Forget Paris, it's time for Late Date...

Not one of Billy's finest. Apparently Debra Winger was always difficult to work with.

I might dig out Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris tomorrow night. FOB is plugging his gigs on Late Date, somethings never change :D

• Advertisement

I might dig out Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris tomorrow night. FOB is plugging his gigs on Late Date, somethings never change :D

A bit of Van, so all isn't lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Holy ****.

We criticse them interviewing staff.

They get a great staff moment and **** it up.

Ryan
    Yes
    Ya
    Go on
    Jimmy
    Yes
    Demented
    Ha ha
    Joker
    Yes
    Yes

Some **** up.

Meanwhile a weather man/woman who did anything would get 20 mins

Ha
    Ha
    OK

The best sporting guests in what 20 years and The Late Late **** it up

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Skid X wrote: »
    I prefer Indoor League to Indoor Garden Party

Fred Trueman presenting epic shove ha'penny, I see thee.

If only Alan Partridge had raided the archives when looking for programme ideas.

Skid X wrote: »
    I'm going to offer my resignation over that one.

It was sub funny friday.

Everyone on Funny Friday should be subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

You never know, RTÉ may be planning a special stand-alone tribute programme to Jimmy Magee. :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Yea but he's Hot ;) so it's allowed :D

That's what i tell myself as I snoop on Tubs ;):D

Should have gone to Specsavers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Big disappointment last night,spent 20 minutes talking horse manure with Russel Crowe and then had to rush through the tribute to Jimmy Magee

Also he started talking about the housing crisis and said they would cover it more in a few weeks,I know its a massive issue,but this is supposed to be a Friday night entertainment show,leave issues like the housing to Claire Byrne and Primetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The girl was evicted from her seat fairly quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Big disappointment last night,spent 20 minutes talking horse manure with Russel Crowe and then had to rush through the tribute to Jimmy Magee

Also he started talking about the housing crisis and said they would cover it more in a few weeks,I know its a massive issue,but this is supposed to be a Friday night entertainment show,leave issues like the housing to Claire Byrne and Primetime.

Exactly. Could have left the Terminatrix for a quiet night (theres plenty of them) and give Crowe and Jimmy Magee equal billing bookending the show.

Why X amount of guests MUST be packed in, is beyond me. Although since the LLS is one long advert these days, the number of ad breaks probably has a lot to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RTÉ do a big autumn event showcasing the new schedule every year and they talk everything up.... Then autumn arrives and everything is worse than Last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Brace yourself for radioactive levels of backside-kissing this Friday...

Ryan interviews Hilary Clinton!

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2017/09/26/staying-in-friday-4/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'll be more bracing myself for the inevitible influx of Trump empowered telling-it-like-it-is posters shouting "liberal snowflake" at anyone who dares point out his incredible folly.

Didn't he show that clip on Friday?

Maybe it was shown everywhere, except for viewers in Wales, as they used to say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hold on now!

Wait a minute, just saw an ad on TV3 for The Expendibles at 9 on Friday.

Alright, it's not quite Die Hard, but it's still amazing.

I know it, and yous know it.

Advertisement