Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 Euro security Deposit

Options
  • 22-09-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi I paid my bill in in advance of my direct debt 
    Got a letter out in the post saying that the bank has returned my direct debt marked no mandate and you are asking for 300 euro deposit.I haven't missed my payment as it was paid ahead of due time.
    I only recently switched over to Electric Ireland and there was no mention of a 300 euro deposit required when joining.
    What needs to be done to resolve this?

Regards 
    Barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi barry75,

Thank you for getting in touch.

New customers to Electric Ireland who do not pay by direct debit or who cancel their direct debit are required to pay the €300 security deposit (refunded after 14 months of their being an Electric Ireland customer). The security deposit is automatically applied to their account once the direct debit is deactivated. If a customer's direct debit is cancelled but they have paid the bill manually, we can simply reinstate their direct debit which automatically removes the security deposit charge.

In relation to why your direct debit went out: how long before the due date did you pay the balance manually? Also, what payment method did you use?

A direct debit instruction is sent to the bank approximately one week before the due date, so if a manual payment is made during that window, it will not pre pay the bill (it remains on the customer's Electric Ireland account as credit for future bills instead). The fastest way to pay into an Electric Ireland account is electronically (debit card or Online Billing) and this takes a minimum of one working day.

If you would like us to review the Electric Ireland account in question, please send us a private message confirming the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

We will respond either this evening or Monday.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement