Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mungret Community College

• 22-09-2017 6:05pm

Hi all, just wondering does anyone know if there is any point in applying for a child through the CAS for a place in this school if you are not living in the catchment area? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

Yes, I would apply. I know of numerous children from outside the catchment area who successfully applied for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Does anyone know if religion will be featured in this school?

I presume it will be a state school and opt to focus on education.

If parents wish for their child to be religiously browbeaten they can then go ahead and do it themselves in the evenings and at weekends and not at the expense of everyone elses allocation of educational, academic, sporting or hobby time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if religion will be featured in this school?

I presume it will be a state school and opt to focus on education.

If parents wish for their child to be religiously browbeaten they can then go ahead and do it themselves in the evenings and at weekends and not at the expense of everyone elses allocation of educational, academic, sporting or hobby time?

Or you can send them to a non religious school if you feel so strongly about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

davo2001 wrote: »
    Or you can send them to a non religious school if you feel so strongly about it?

I fully intend to, hence the above question - Thanks for the wonderful benefit of your considered and insightful input.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I fully intend to, hence the above question - Thanks for the wonderful benefit of your considered and insightful input.....

You're welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

davo2001 wrote: »

The problem here is they are few and far between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Shouldn't all State run schools be non-denominational?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

zulutango wrote: »
    Shouldn't all State run schools be non-denominational?

You would think so... it's the tax payers that pay for the schools regardless of creed.

Faith should be taught outside the school day by the parents if they so wish, the reality is that it's too convenient as it stands for some catholic parents to have it taught at school and they don't want it changed.. they'd have to do it themselves!!..
    Schools should deal with education,and open kids minds, the fact we class them as catholic or non-catholic shows how far the farce has gone, it shouldn't come into it.
    Marty.

Advertisement