Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

One thing we have to be weary of too, is that the last convert was created before the lynch 2 nights ago. The same could happen again.

If there is a secret vig out there, you should take aim before the lynch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Just to be clear the post you quoted was by p* not me.

Mods can we edit this for clarity?

Yes that is true I was talking to star man and not TB. The quote things are all messy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Also Pter, do alphas get two lives? They get one resistance from conversion but where does it say they need to be lynched twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi guys I've pm a mod to ask is it possible if I can be replace in the game. I really don't have enough time to read threw the thread and stuff and I don't want to ruin the game for anyone else by not participating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Someone can get a one off message and still be an NRV. He has said that this was a one time deal, so I see no need for him to get a new name and identity for something that won't happen again.

It adds up to me, and others, so it looks like you're being wilfully obtuse here.

somebody shoot Lord, then we can hang Uriel tonight and P* tomorrow

In a dream I had not so long ago the village elder, lets call her Guinan, had the ability to send a one off message to another player at any time. This didn't change the status of the player who received the message, it only meant they had some extra info. I cannot see why P* can't just get that possibility into his head?

• Advertisement

Ah **** what is going on with the quotes?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Also Pter, do alphas get two lives? They get one resistance from conversion but where does it say they need to be lynched twice?

You're right I just checked I don't see that either.

Pter, where are you getting this info from or did you just make it up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

TB - This one is flying way under the radar, and is clever enough to pull this off
    !

are you going to tell me the kettle is black too?

Petal, I have more than double the posts you do, if anyone is flying under the radar it's not me!

I wish I was as clever as you give me credit for. If anything this game has showed me that I am definitely not clever enough to solve a game without power roles in play

Uriel. wrote: »
    You're right I just checked I don't see that either.

Pter, where are you getting this info from or did you just make it up ?

I thought he was saying that at first too but does he not mean that if we lynch lord tonight and Uriel tomorrow it'll be technically 2 days to lynch uri?

Yes that is true I was talking to star man and not TB. The quote things are all messy

That's my fault

Hopefully the mods will let me go back and amend

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »

In a dream I had not so long ago the village elder, lets call her Guinan, had the ability to send a one off message to another player at any time. This didn't change the status of the player who received the message, it only meant they had some extra info. I cannot see why P* can't just get that possibility into his head?

So you think theres a secret role of an elder who has messaged Uri.

I think its a stretch. Its possible but I think its unlikely

it's happened in two other games dude, it's not even a little bit of a stretch

OMFG. are you serious? All I said was that in a previous life there was an elder. I'M NOT SAYING THERE IS AN ELDER ROLE.

What I'm saying is that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a message was passed to an NRV by a rolled villager. The fact that he received this message does not change his status as an NRV.

I thought he was saying that at first too but does he not mean that if we lynch lord tonight and Uriel tomorrow it'll be technically 2 days to lynch uri?

I am not fully sure what he means, maybe he can clarify, but I took him to mean that I could get through 3 lynches before being killed off. But he can clarify.

I'd be more than happy if anyone has a weapon of any kind to shoot Lord now, Lynch me tonight and apprentice priest come out at 9.59am and confirm things.
    Otherwise tomorrow is going to be ****shw for us to be honest.

OMFG. are you serious? All I said was that in a previous life there was an elder. I'M NOT SAYING THERE IS AN ELDER ROLE.

What I'm saying is that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a message was passed to an NRV by a rolled villager. The fact that he received this message does not change his status as an NRV.

actually could I just be lynched now because I can't handle starman anymore

I think hes hiding behind the secret roles rather than receiving a one off message.

can you take me with you?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can I ask something to add onto this theory.

Say an Elder DOES have the ability to communicate. How would that player also have the ability to say anyone is 100% or 90% a wolf? Are we saying she gets multiple peaks as well in this scenario (meaning the village has two seers)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Barney92 wrote:

I read that as two lives in fairness I could be wrong on that. That's a good thing for the village though.

"I cant handle it", boo hoo, suck it up.

NNO-wD.gif

• Advertisement

I think hes hiding behind the secret roles rather than receiving a one off message.

1d2faf3a4e184f4fc7dbcfb75e253bc1b78aecd52933f3fdd4d3c8b728db87f0.jpg

grand, but what's the point of your argument? plenty of people are saying they want to lynch him, so you're labouring the point unnecessarily.

The only reason I can see for you to be so focused on this and so obtuse is because you need something to jump on to distract from your own role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

For someone who is happy to die you sure do wanna delay dieing Uri. Why does it matter who goes first. Given we are killing you for being suspected for more than one day, but killing lord on your say so alone.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Say an Elder DOES have the ability to communicate. How would that player also have the ability to say anyone is 100% or 90% a wolf? Are we saying she gets multiple peaks as well in this scenario (meaning the village has two seers)?

doesn't the village have two seers???

BTW as I have said before, not to go around in circles, I don't know who sent me the message. I already explained the 100% and 90% thing and you know that I've already explained that. You're just trying to create even more confusion on that front.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Exactly, its all too far fetched. Its a huge gorge like stretch and Uriel is falling.

It doesnt add up, why is Molly 90 percent and Lord is 100?

If an elder gave him a message or a once off comm, then Uriel would have said it by now, its not revealing a PM from a mod. It wouldnt be against teh rules for him to say he talked with an elder.

But lets be honest, its all bull anyway. Urinal is mor eof a full blown toliet, full of sh!t. Hes bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Barney92 wrote: »
    My #FFA3

Kolido - a combination of the suspicions on Vale and destroyer. It seems forced to me, and that could be a villager who isn't sure or it could be a wolf trying to come up with reasons that seem potentially plausible. Somewhat fits my theory that if cross is evil one of the team would've voted to lynch him last night. That's a stretch though.

MrsFD - still there today, I don't have any great ideas on other people so she's still makes the top three again.

Lord - really scraping the barrel here. I was just looking for people who have destroyer in their FFA and Lord was one of the only ones to have Mick too. Seems like a good pair for a wolf to suspect.

They aren't great suspicions, but without further information about the roles of the dead I think we are in a bad way. The priest has to come out in the morning, because then we'll have plenty of information to base tomorrow's lynch off and we can also have them protected (assuming bg is still alive.

Just looking through and noticed Kolido only received one vote last night and it was from yourself, any reason why he was your vote over Lord despite the pushon from Uriel? What's your opinion of Lord now?

The governors team is now a one man team if Digi is right!

Exactly, its all too far fetched. Its a huge gorge like stretch and Uriel is falling.

It doesnt add up, why is Molly 90 percent and Lord is 100?

If an elder gave him a message or a once off comm, then Uriel would have said it by now, its not revealing a PM from a mod. It wouldnt be against teh rules for him to say he talked with an elder.

But lets be honest, its all bull anyway. Urinal is mor eof a full blown toliet, full of sh!t. Hes bad.

Can someone please put up a gif of a facepalm for me?

Pter wrote: »
    For someone who is happy to die you sure do wanna delay dieing Uri. Why does it matter who goes first. Given we are killing you for being suspected for more than one day, but killing lord on your say so alone.

I'll correct you on one thing.... YOU are voting for me for suspecting me for more than one day (without ever revealing anything other than the convenient "hunch").

Secondly, overall, of course I would much prefer to live. With the information that I have in relation to what I received and in relation to my own role, my view is this:
    Lynch Lord = minus 1 wolf, a possiblity of confirming my NRV status while keeping me in the game for village numbers.

Lynch me first = minus one villager, possibility of confirming the mistake, Wolf lives for another day - worse case scenario, nothing gets confirmed at all, minus one villager, wolf sails through to the end and his team wins.

from my perspective you can see that surely.

At the same time, I am pretty resigned to the fact (as I have pointed out time and again) that I will be lynched or killed at some point, which I accept.

BUT I still want to get the best outcome possible for the village. Just because I resign my fate doesn't mean I won't keep trying to help.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

doesn't the village have two seers???

BTW as I have said before, not to go around in circles, I don't know who sent me the message. I already explained the 100% and 90% thing and you know that I've already explained that. You're just trying to create even more confusion on that front.

Actually, in this scenario, the village would have had three; seer, apprentice seer, and the special powered one who can also send a message to someone. Thats a whole lot of seer powers for the village to have.

Why deflect as "you're trying to create confusion". I'm trying to work out HOW someone could have passed you info, where that info came from and how, to be blunt, I can mount an argument against it. I'm trying to defend myself, and you're trying to portray it as creating confusion? Thats not really fair on me, now, is it?

"Where did your source get their info" is a perfectly valid line of questioning to take here.

• Advertisement

grand, but what's the point of your argument? plenty of people are saying they want to lynch him, so you're labouring the point unnecessarily.

The only reason I can see for you to be so focused on this and so obtuse is because you need something to jump on to distract from your own role

Im not here to distract anyone, Ive already said I wanna explore others aswell, like sKeith, Vale and PJ, though nether are here.

I wanna see also how others react to Uri now. Potential teammates perhaps. Too many people going under the radar for my liking that Ive no read on.

Advertisement