Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pter wrote: »
    Best way. And it is the best way.

You have an alternative that affirms your assertions about the message?

Because killing Lord won't do it. Killing me won't do it. Killing anyone but you won't do it.

An alternative?again I've posted that like 3 times this morning.
    More obfuscation

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Uriel. wrote: »
    You're saying the only or best way to get confirmation is to lynch me. That is absolutely not true and that's why you're being dodgy

Explain to me then why its not true?

Its the best way in my eyes, but open to your way.

Right now I think your the walker, I have admittedly been torn between you and Lord on that role. But I do think your both bad.

Im voting for Lord tonight over Uriel, my reasons being that right now I think hes a wolf and Uriel is the walker. I think its pointless hitting the walker (Uri) as he can convert someone before the lynch, thus we can wait to lynch him tomorrow. We can lynch the wolf and hope hes on team Guv.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

[
    I get what you're saying and when I was typing the above it did cross my mind. But I have to go with the more probable scenario and that's the good Lordy is a baddie.

I'm just praying (to the other Lordy) for him to be the governor. Something that we will know at tomorrow's munch.

Ok, logic question. Working with hypotheticals.

Uriel says someone sent him a message saying I was defo a bad. Uriel adds his 100% figure, the message showed such confidence.

To be that certain, that absolutely, positively certain I was 100% bad, I would have had to be seer checked.

Only, if I'm the Governor Or NEgan, that seer check would have come back as good. If I'm either of the alphas, there is no way anyone could be 100% sure I'm bad.

So if your reason for voting for me is that you want to take a stab at me and check if I'm the guv, your logic for believing the message is flawed. Cause if I am, there's no chance someone could have been 100% sure I was evil

It's boring answering the same questions over and over and over and over again

Was your source anonymous? Or are you sure of who they are but wont say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Kill Uriel - good. That doesn't mean Lord and Molly are evil. Might not be a good team giving him info and lord is good. So lynch uriel and lord = 2 goodies dead.

Kill Uriel - good. Was told be a good source - lynch Lord.

Lynch uriel - bad. Happy days. Lord could still also be bad in this scenario.

Lynch Lord - good. Doesn't mean Uriel is lying, he could be conveying exactly what he was told. Lynch Uriel - good. boo-urns.

Lynch Lord - good. Uriel is lying - lynch him.

Lynch Lord - bad. Happy days. Uriel could still be bad in this scenario.

They are the Lord and Uriel scenarios I see. Neither actually seems better than the other. As in unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure how one could clearly say lynching lord or uriel first is better than the other on this basis.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, d'oh.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    [

Ok, logic question. Working with hypotheticals.

Uriel says someone sent him a message saying I was defo a bad. Uriel adds his 100% figure, the message showed such confidence.

To be that certain, that absolutely, positively certain I was 100% bad, I would have had to be seer checked.

Only, if I'm the Governor Or NEgan, that seer check would have come back as good. If I'm either of the alphas, there is no way anyone could be 100% sure I'm bad.

So if your reason for voting for me is that you want to take a stab at me and check if I'm the guv, your logic for believing the message is flawed. Cause if I am, there's no chance someone could have been 100% sure I was evil

To be fair Lord, that is assuming it was a seer check. A secret role may not have the same limitations as the seer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Trying to find a sub for Jayo. It'll be tough as we are deep into the game now. I'll let you know what's happening.

You don't think Uri could be the convert?

I'd be shocked if Mick chose Uriel as a convert. There has been a constant level of suspicion thrown his way.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Kill Uriel - good. That doesn't mean Lord and Molly are evil. Might not be a good team giving him info and lord is good. So lynch uriel and lord = 2 goodies dead.

Kill Uriel - good. Was told be a good source - lynch Lord.

Lynch uriel - bad. Happy days. Lord could still also be bad in this scenario.

Lynch Lord - good. Doesn't mean Uriel is lying, he could be conveying exactly what he was told. Lynch Uriel - good. boo-urns.

Lynch Lord - good. Uriel is lying - lynch him.

Lynch Lord - bad. Happy days. Uriel could still be bad in this scenario.

They are the Lord and Uriel scenarios I see. Neither actually seems better than the other. As in unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure how one could clearly say lynching lord or uriel first is better than the other on this basis.

I think Uriel is the walker, hence why i think lynching Lord is the better. Thats my opinion and my mind, others may think differently and thats fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ok still in the game lads don't have a replacement so I'm going to try my best to give some input.

I agree it's so hard when people are been quiet and not saying much you can't judge them.

To me I'm still suspicious of urine I think he is dodgey he gives out a little information on what he found out but no confirmation of where he found out and from whom. Also any defences are dodged it's mostly just repeating the same stuff over and over when been quizzed.

I also think p* is social while he hasn't claimed to know anything specific he comes across as a rabbit in headlamps kind of character bit all over the place and throwing accusations around.

I'm going to try have a look at other posting for others in afternoon if I can find some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Lynch 1
    Drumpot - 6 - MrsFD, Molly, Mick, Tritium, crosstownk, Yossar1An22
    Tritium - 6 - LordTSC, The Valeyard, Guffy, Drumpot, Pter, mahamageehad Mahama was Team Governor who killed Trit next morning. Attempt by Team Governor to take out BG here? Likely another wolf in votes, so Lord, Vale or Pter as Guffy and Drummy were NRVs.
    Skeith - 2 - LoughC, Duffman
    Guffy - 2 - Uriel, Triceratops
    y0ssar1an22 - 3 - Amandadon, jayo26, strawbs 
    Pter - 2 - Stu Redman, Ectoplasm
    Destroyer - 1 - Skeith
    MrsFD - 1 - Barney
    Micksjaguar - 1 - Kolido
    mahamageehad - 1 - Beakerjoe
    partyjungle - 1 - PatrickSTARR
    LordTSC - 1 - partyjungle

Lynch 2
    y0ssar1an22 - 9 - LordTSC, destroyer, The Valeyard, Mick, Amandadon, jayo26, Duffman, PatrickSTARR, Partyjungle
    CrosstownK - 6 - MrsFlushdraw, Molly, Uriel, Kolido, y0ssar1an22, Pter The Saviours killed CTK the next morning. Wolves among this lot?? Kolido and Yossar as goodies leaves Mrs FD, Molly, Uriel and Pter (again)
    Uriel - 3 - Triceratops ballet, Strawbs, Crosstownk
    Beakerjoe - 2 - LoughC, Stu Redman
    LoughC - 1 - Beakerjoe
    Skeith - 1 - mahamageehad
    PatrickSTARR - 1 - Ectoplasm
    Amandadon - 1 - Skeith
    MrsFD - 1 - Barney
    Did not vote - 1 - sofireland

Lynch 3
    mahamageehad - 9 - Kolido, destroyer, Ectoplasm, Strawbs, Skeith, Mick, Triceratops Ballet, PaddyStar, MrsFD
    Uriel - 7 - Mollyb, Digi Sol, LordTSC, Jayo26, Partyjungle, Duffman, Stu Redman Not sure on this one except to say Lord didn't vote for Mahama and also voted previously for now-confirmed goodies.
    Molly - 3 - The Valeyard, Pter, mahamageehad
    Skeith - 1 - Beakerjoe
    Kolido - 1 - Barney
    LordTSC - 1 - Uriel
    Did not vote - 1 - GrumpyLumpy (excused as she only joined half an hour ago)

Spreadsheets are fun people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

There's a possibility that the app priest is already turned. We have a converted walker roaming round.

App priest can be turned, but I have to hope that statistics pay off as the probability should be low of the walker finding them. I have to think if the app had been turned before, that digi would have mentioned it.

^^^
    This was my thoughts. Also the chances of hitting the app priest is slim, we don't even know when the apprentice was given their role, it would have been after a couple of days as you surely would want to read what people are saying before giving the role?
    Jayop wrote: »
    Trying to find a sub for Jayo. It'll be tough as we are deep into the game now. I'll let you know what's happening.

I am asking about too!

Barney92 wrote: »
    To be fair Lord, that is assuming it was a seer check. A secret role may not have the same limitations as the seer.

Thats a fair point. But it goes back to a point I made this morning; do you think there was someone with the power for a seer check that could not be blocked by those who'd show up as good, AND who could pass that info on as well? Does that not feel very overpowered, especially in a game where we already had a seer AND an apprentice seer?
    I think Uriel is the walker, hence why i think lynching Lord is the better. Thats my opinion and my mind, others may think differently and thats fine.

Was it ever confirmed that was the case? That the conversion took place before the lynch? If it wasn't confirmed, then it's a very shakey logic to follow as well.

I am beginning to the think the Russian is part of team Negan as well!

Thats a fair point. But it goes back to a point I made this morning; do you think there was someone with the power for a seer check that could not be blocked by those who'd show up as good, AND who could pass that info on as well? Does that not feel very overpowered, especially in a game where we already had a seer AND an apprentice seer?

ACTUALLY, to add onto that....a seer who could check TWO people (myself and Molly) and see through protections, AND pass on that info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In the FFA

FFA is not vote.
    Nobody voted destroyer.

i've ffa'd destroyer every day so far. Ask me any questions you want.

I offered myself up to race maha as she was evil and had been making up stuff and not remembering stuff i had wrote all day. every question she asked me, i just went back and found the answer from one of my quotes. this from somebody who is supposedly taking a huge number of notes about me.
    I'd say look into bj, but he is a dead nrv.
    As maha was evil, i'd be taking notice of non maha voters, and be a little less trusting of the agendas they are pushing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Was your source anonymous? Or are you sure of who they are but wont say?

Right, I am in work now, so I can only get on intermittently. But this is absolutely the last time I answer this particular question, because I have already answered several times and i don't know why it keeps getting asked of me:

I was told it was a communication from a village source.
    I absolutely do not know who it came from or from what role it came from.

I am treating the information as coming from a village source meaning another villager, as I think this is the most logical interpretation.

But you could take a broader view as to what "village source" means, as in you could interpret it as the whole village of good and bad. Obviously this interpretation could cast doubt on the bona fides of the message.

I can't tell you one way or another.
    But in my eyes the logical interpretation is that the information came from another good villager. But it's up to you how you want to interpret that.

If you ask me my belief - I think it came from a good rolled villager. There are three scenarios I can think of - THIS PURE SPECULATION ON MY BEHALF:

1. The seer peeked Lord and he was pinged a wolf. Seer peeked me and felt confident to share information with me. Or seer took a risk and shared information with me.

2. The village leader had the power to communicate with a player and picked me to deliver a message. The detail of the information or where they got it from, I don't know.

3. which is a bit of hybrid of 2 (and possibly a bit of a stretch) is that one of the 3 village team leaders in the backroom has the ability to ask the mods each night is "x the alpha" and is told yes or no. Then Grimes as the village leader uses a once of comms as per 2 above to communicate the message.

Obviously there's lots of other scenarios especially if you take the broader interpretation of "village source".

I can't tell you one way or another which is right.

All I can tell you is I received the message I received, I know that I am an NRV and I shared the information. After that I am no more enlightened that any of the rest of you.

The only other thing I will say is that there's plenty of secret stuff going on in the background so i don't see that establishing a once off comms with a player is beyond the realms of possibility. Also we know that both the wolf teams got extra powers at some point in the game unbeknownst to the village. For balance, it makes sense that the village would get some extra powers too. Obviously, I would say that, given the position I am in.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    What am I not allowed to change my mind? And I was sure that both you and Uri were bad. Not just him. Lets not forget that.
    As I said earlier, he makes a convincing case and I can't see the downside to lynching lord tonight and uriel tomorrow (well apart from me probably being lynched after that).
    The only case for the other way around is if we think Uriel was the person mick converted. I think Mick would've been insane to pick Uriel with the amount of heat he has been getting. I'm willing to take a punt on it.

totally agree, and from somebody who has been listed.

Lord first, then ariel.

Pter, why did you vote molly?
    did you trust ariel enough yesterday to vote molly, but now feel like a sucker and want revenge on him, or is that where you thought the bandwagon would be to save maha?

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    FFA is not vote.
    Nobody voted destroyer.

i've ffa'd destroyer every day so far. Ask me any questions you want.

I offered myself up to race maha as she was evil and had been making up stuff and not remembering stuff i had wrote all day. every question she asked me, i just went back and found the answer from one of my quotes. this from somebody who is supposedly taking a huge number of notes about me.
    I'd say look into bj, but he is a dead nrv.
    As maha was evil, i'd be taking notice of non maha voters, and be a little less trusting of the agendas they are pushing.

Whats your take on Uriel, Lord and Molly.... and sure, myself.

ffs, Uriel even admits this supposed message is from someone he has no way of identifying, no way of knowing who they play with, and there's still people going "herp derp, imma just gonna follow the blind source".

If it was even being coupled with some investigations into my posting, my voting, anything. Anything to back up the point, anything. Uriel has spent all day posting and not once gone through my stuff to try and prove it. Not once has he offered other evidence other than a supposed PM he cannot clarify (by his own admission), cannot give specifics on, but was willing to believe 100%. What was the content of the PM that made him 100% convinced? Presumably something was offered that made him trust it so much that he labeled it as "100%". Not a percentage of a doubt, in a game where everything should be doubted.

Nope, just follow the "message" blindly, and dismiss any of my questions as "trying to cause confusion".

Also, Uriel, one other question; a few times before you thought you were dying, you said "You know what to do BJ". What was that about? According to DS, BJ was an NRV. What were you expecting him to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Val, dont pop in and out, sit down, relax, have a chat. Dont go under the radar again wee lad.

Its comfortable under there, less people to poke sticks at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ok here is a question i havent seen asked - and its not for Uri to answer, its for speculation by everyone else.....maybe it will help us determine the validity of the message.

Why would anyone pick Uri to deliver a message. If he is under too much heat to be picked as walker, he is deffo under too much heat to deliver a message with authority.

ffs, Uriel even admits this supposed message is from someone he has no way of identifying, no way of knowing who they play with, and there's still people going "herp derp, imma just gonna follow the blind source".

If it was even being coupled with some investigations into my posting, my voting, anything. Anything to back up the point, anything. Uriel has spent all day posting and not once gone through my stuff to try and prove it. Not once has he offered other evidence other than a supposed PM he cannot clarify (by his own admission), cannot give specifics on, but was willing to believe 100%. What was the content of the PM that made him 100% convinced? Presumably something was offered that made him trust it so much that he labeled it as "100%". Not a percentage of a doubt, in a game where everything should be doubted.

Nope, just follow the "message" blindly, and dismiss any of my questions as "trying to cause confusion".

Also, Uriel, one other question; a few times before you thought you were dying, you said "You know what to do BJ". What was that about? According to DS, BJ was an NRV. What were you expecting him to do?

Hey Lordy, check out my post above, #3343. I have looked at your voting and I'm starting to think that you are The Governor. :)

Vale and sKeith, pop in and out...... nether stay to discuss things. Avoiding things are we?

haha. now I know exactly what to post tonight at 3am.. wheres p*, he's very quiet, wheres pter, he's very quiet. i'll do that once 5 minutes for the whole night.

I'm on patrol (for you two morons, that means i am busy in work, i'll get on when i can. if you would slow your rate of bullsh!t down, i'd be much closer to yous, not an hour behind. FYI, i don't skim. I read every bloddy thing and miss feck all. p* if you read this mornings conversation, most of your answers would have been answered.)

I not answering anymore call outs for me, so don't bother!

Right, I am in work now, so I can only get on intermittently. But this is absolutely the last time I answer this particular question, because I have already answered several times and i don't know why it keeps getting asked of me:

I was told it was a communication from a village source.
    I absolutely do not know who it came from or from what role it came from.

I am treating the information as coming from a village source meaning another villager, as I think this is the most logical interpretation.

But you could take a broader view as to what "village source" means, as in you could interpret it as the whole village of good and bad. Obviously this interpretation could cast doubt on the bona fides of the message.

I can't tell you one way or another.
    But in my eyes the logical interpretation is that the information came from another good villager. But it's up to you how you want to interpret that.

If you ask me my belief - I think it came from a good rolled villager. There are three scenarios I can think of - THIS PURE SPECULATION ON MY BEHALF:

1. The seer peeked Lord and he was pinged a wolf. Seer peeked me and felt confident to share information with me. Or seer took a risk and shared information with me.

2. The village leader had the power to communicate with a player and picked me to deliver a message. The detail of the information or where they got it from, I don't know.

3. which is a bit of hybrid of 2 (and possibly a bit of a stretch) is that one of the 3 village team leaders in the backroom has the ability to ask the mods each night is "x the alpha" and is told yes or no. Then Grimes as the village leader uses a once of comms as per 2 above to communicate the message.

Obviously there's lots of other scenarios especially if you take the broader interpretation of "village source".

I can't tell you one way or another which is right.

All I can tell you is I received the message I received, I know that I am an NRV and I shared the information. After that I am no more enlightened that any of the rest of you.

The only other thing I will say is that there's plenty of secret stuff going on in the background so i don't see that establishing a once off comms with a player is beyond the realms of possibility. Also we know that both the wolf teams got extra powers at some point in the game unbeknownst to the village. For balance, it makes sense that the village would get some extra powers too. Obviously, I would say that, given the position I am in.

Due to *things* i heard in another universe I believe Uri. It just sounds very like the tale I was told and how it came about.

I'm arguing to lynch LordTSC as I think he's The Governor based on his voting patterns. If I'm right, we'll know in the morning without the need for the apprentice priest to come out because there will only be one kill.

Due to *things* i heard in another universe I believe Uri. It just sounds very like the tale I was told and how it came about.

I am referring to the second paragraph about the message. Just for those not sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That is the most specious reason to believe him.

Meta as fook as well.

Advertisement