Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, which makes sense IF he did get a message from someone.

It's the Beaker call out I don't get. Why send a message to Beaker if he didn't k ow who sent the message? Why OUT Beaker if the message was anon? And if Beaker was an NRV, why was his name given?

It was In the middle of a load of fukd up posts from him I took it as been made up to sound like something was going on in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Yeah, which makes sense IF he did get a message from someone.

It's the Beaker call out I don't get. Why send a message to Beaker if he didn't k ow who sent the message? Why OUT Beaker if the message was anon? And if Beaker was an NRV, why was his name given?

more puzzling to me, is that if beaker didn't know what ariel was on about, why wouldn't he, as an nrv, say something. bj speaks his mind.

hey pissypants, we need your input here. dont go silent on us now. nobody said go yet.

PJs votes,

Theres a case to be made that a team guv wolf in the uriel votes,

You tell us why you vote for Uriel, can you tell us why you didnt suspect Mahama?

tbh, Uriel was pissing me off yesterday, along with a lot of other people yesterday. It was probably intentional to a degree. So I wanted to vote Uriel for bitter reasons at first but I thought better of it. Then the "reveal" just before lynch time? Nah I don't buy it. Uriel has made sense of it now but it was a complete balls at the time. Posting random numbers. It was half baked.

As of Mahama? I think that was the real bandwagon. I missed a trick there and wasn't suss of her at all.

I would like to know when Uriel got his information about Lord and Molly.

• Advertisement

You could also be accused of bandwagoning on night 2 too PJ

I was pretty clear about my feelings towards yosser at the time. Unfortunate that he was a casualty of the game setup when we weren't that believing of the hidden roles. The existence of Michonne proves there are plenty of unnamed roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote: »
    thank you.

so , you know you are goo, and are not on maha, you might see better than me, as i am on maha.

Lynch 3
    mahamageehad - 9 - Kolido, destroyer, Ectoplasm, Strawbs, Skeith, Mick, Triceratops Ballet, PaddyStar, MrsFD
    Uriel - 7 - Mollyb, Digi Sol, LordTSC, Jayo26, Partyjungle, Duffman, Stu Redman
    Molly - 3 - The Valeyard, Pter, mahamageehad
    Skeith - 1 - Beakerjoe
    Kolido - 1 - Barney
    LordTSC - 1 - Uriel
    Did not vote - 1 - GrumpyLumpy (excused as she only joined half an hour ago)

remember, looking for guv. so pull away maha voters.

Uriel - 7 - Mollyb, Digi Sol, LordTSC, Jayo26, Partyjungle, Duffman, Stu Redman
    Molly - 3 - The Valeyard, Pter, mahamageehad
    Skeith - 1 - Beakerjoe
    Kolido - 1 - Barney
    LordTSC - 1 - Uriel

they in a backroom with maha who has jumped on molly and hits it last in the hopes its a draw, she must have thought it would be close.
    would they split their vote?

Valeyard, why did you vote Molly?

Well remember it was touch and go in terms of Uri vs mahama, so are the people who voted Uri not more suss than the rest? When i stuck with Molly i knew she was under less pressure than Uri, but i was sticking to my guns. Everyone (including Uri i think) was sure he was gone, so if you are trying to save mahama without looking like a bandwagon, you jump on Uri?

tbh, Uriel was pissing me off yesterday, along with a lot of other people yesterday. It was probably intentional to a degree. So I wanted to vote Uriel for bitter reasons at first but I thought better of it. Then the "reveal" just before lynch time? Nah I don't buy it. Uriel has made sense of it now but it was a complete balls at the time. Posting random numbers. It was half baked.

As of Mahama? I think that was the real bandwagon. I missed a trick there and wasn't suss of her at all.

I would like to know when Uriel got his information about Lord and Molly.

Thought*, I obviously don't think that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

it does not refer to post #1194

he said there was another meaning behind the number.

I even googled it and found some turkish was or something.

its cryptic alright, and also wondered why bj said nothing about it either.

lol when I googled it I searched 1194 the walking dead and I got issue 1194 of rolling stone magazine with an interview with Andrew Lincon.
    I think it was just coincidence tho, it seems very obscure, esp since Uri said he doesn't watch the show

I am super suss of Uriel. The timestamp of when you got that message through the air waves would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just caught up with the thread, my #ffa for tonight is between two

Uriel - simple really, the claim might be valid but a couple of things make me suspicious. Maha jumped straight on it which might be just trying to cover her back but just seemed odd. The message content (Molly almost definitely wolf) felt off as well as the delivery. Lord was in no danger which is why if it was a bluff it would there were better options available to throw shade on

LordTSC - felt a bit suspect of him but I feel he's hiding something, I felt the timing of the death of Digi was due to either Lord or Uriel feeling the pressure. Uriel put his hands up looking to be lynched (I know) but wanted Lord done first for the priest to verify his identity. Either it was a double bluff or Lord took out the priest.

I'm in the camp which is inclined to believe both are evil but who is more dangerous. If I'm being honest Lord feels more wolf and Uriel more walker but I'm not 100%

More digging :)

Pter wrote: »
    Well remember it was touch and go in terms of Uri vs mahama, so are the people who voted Uri not more suss than the rest? When i stuck with Molly i knew she was under less pressure than Uri, but i was sticking to my guns. Everyone (including Uri i think) was sure he was gone, so if you are trying to save mahama without looking like a bandwagon, you jump on Uri?

but, wouldn't maha also jump on same BW as the guv?

but, wouldn't maha also jump on same BW as the guv?

I dont know - i cant explain the reasoning as i wasnt in on it.....

Did mahama & team think she was ok? Did they think she was a lost cause? I dont know. I know i didnt expect her gone - i, like many was sure Uri was gonna go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I also asked earlier when P* brought it up, but was it confirmed whether or not the Walker gets his conversion before or after the lynch?

I dont know - i cant explain the reasoning as i wasnt in on it.....

Did mahama & team think she was ok? Did they think she was a lost cause? I dont know. I know i didnt expect her gone - i, like many was sure Uri was gonna go.

She was top of the ffa

For what it counts

#FFA4

Uri - as i have said ad nauseum. A chance, and i recognised all day this is a theory that he is the convert
    Molly - same reasons as before, highlighted above in response to Sk in post 3403
    Lord - Depending on the Uri result if he goes. If we kill Lord first, we get info too there i suppose, but i still prefer Uri

If you kill me, and when I show good, Uri will just go "sorry, don't blame me. Message was anonymous, blame that person"....

She was top of the ffa

I understand that, but look at the discourse running up to the vote - it was heavily dominated by Uri and Lord, with people declaring one way or the other (as evidenced by Uris very high vote accumulation i think). Mahama went very quiet, as did the people voting for her. She slipped from my focus, albeit i will admit i was focusing on the people I had included in my FFA.

I also asked earlier when P* brought it up, but was it confirmed whether or not the Walker gets his conversion before or after the lynch?

on the first night we got notice of the conversion at 21:09 and the lynch result was announced at 21:13.

Lynch voting closes at 21:00 but it's not really clear to me what the intended order of the actions are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

1194 was probably the author of the coded transmission

• Advertisement

I'm gonna have to read back see if anyone else is unreasonably against Lord. We might find our hidden messengers amongst them.

I feel as if there's a lot of people just not posting.

Either me or Uriel, fine. But jesus lads, get people to nail the colors to the mast here. Its the same 5 or 6 people posting, meaning the wolves won't have to commit to anything. If ye want to sacrifice me or Uriel, at least get something else beneficial from it (especially since the priest is gone).

Vale, Jayo, Stu, Destroyer, etc. Weigh in.

Cause as it stands, there's going to be wagons on me or Uriel, and you guys won't learn a thing from that...

Apologies, I weigh in when I can, and when I do I hang around for a bit, mostly. The people who aren't posting who you listed, at least two of us are struggling noobs. I've already spent more hours in here this week (reading and skimming, if not posting) than I could afford to spend. It's absolutely intense, but riveting. Now that I actually know what the game is and the dedication involved, I'll be able to choose more wisely for future games in relation to my availability on that game week. So far though, this has been a satisfying introduction for me.

As for some of what I have posted...

I've been wary of you since you suddenly decided to acknowledge a post of mine (to you) which invited discussion on you as a possible wolf. When you finally did acknowledge it (over a day after I posted it) it wasn't even in reply to me. It was a post to support others sudden suspicions on me. You talked about me when the heat was on me, rather than to me when I was raising questions about your good nature.

Then, when I called you up on that, you gave a hollow response about there being "no good answers", and choose to ignore my questions so as not to send the thread on a detour...
    Interesting though that you did see that post. You are "well aware" of it having not acknowledged or responded to it in 24+ hours until you saw there might be a bit of steam building up behind a Stu vote. Interesting. Care to answer why you are only acknowledging that post's existence now that there is a bit of focus on me?
    LordTSC wrote:
    Simple enough answer. Sometimes, the best scenario is to ignore some accusations, especially if you know that they will only lead to an unnecessary detour. There's no "good" answer to questions like the ones you proposed, so rather than have time wasted on it, I brushed quickly past it, especially since you didn't follow up on it.

I already had my suspicions, and now there's Uriel's claims to consider. I'll be honest, I came in here an hour ago thinking you were my shout for tonight. Then I read the last 20+ pages and I'll be honest, I'm not as sure.

But you're deflection of the light I tried to shine on you earlier on in the game is still very shady to me.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Going through Kolidos posts I've no idea how someone tagged him as Rick, his post this morning obviously made him a target for some reason. He was the first to raise the theory that Uriel may have been given misinformation.

Secondly then digi gets taken out following a debate in which Uriel said lynch me and lynch Lord and get Digi to reveal who was evil. Not long after Digi gets the bullet? Coincidental timing, I doubt it. I'm leaning towards Lord at this point, I'd prefer to eliminate both to be honest. If Uriel has been given info then great but Kolido may have nailed something when questioning the origin of the info

Good food for thought.
    ffs, Uriel even admits this supposed message is from someone he has no way of identifying, no way of knowing who they play with, and there's still people going "herp derp, imma just gonna follow the blind source".

If it was even being coupled with some investigations into my posting, my voting, anything. Anything to back up the point, anything. Uriel has spent all day posting and not once gone through my stuff to try and prove it. Not once has he offered other evidence other than a supposed PM he cannot clarify (by his own admission), cannot give specifics on, but was willing to believe 100%. What was the content of the PM that made him 100% convinced? Presumably something was offered that made him trust it so much that he labeled it as "100%". Not a percentage of a doubt, in a game where everything should be doubted.

Nope, just follow the "message" blindly, and dismiss any of my questions as "trying to cause confusion".

Also, Uriel, one other question; a few times before you thought you were dying, you said "You know what to do BJ". What was that about? According to DS, BJ was an NRV. What were you expecting him to do?

Uriel has been a lot clearer since last night's lynch IMO, for whatever reason that is. As for his claim, there comes a point where I have to take someone's claim at face value. I didn't vote Yossar out because I thought he might be telling the truth, turns out I was right. Mick's claim seemed to be above board to start with, but the further it was questioned the more it seemed to come apart. Then I thought he was unnecessarily defensive with some points last night. Uriel isn't going that way for me at the moment though, I still think his claim could be true but I'm still undecided.

However, I'm still no wiser really between the two of you. Uriel has made a more passionate defense IMO, but this could be part of playing a masterful wolf game. Either way, f**k the both of ye for this complete mind-f**k pacman.gif

I'm gonna have to read back see if anyone else is unreasonably against Lord. We might find our hidden messengers amongst them.

I can't remember anyone. That's why this blindsided me last night.

71e-3uVSJ0L._SL1500_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPh5rZ1W7EZanTipsKx-KQJuDvTSgdsB4KKapNF6PZVeMoY-K_

Oh hang on, now I do :P

Lads, tell me this. Any chance we could run a primary vote. See where we stand.

I don't wanna wait till 9 to find out. Last night was torture. Like everyone just says TSC or Uriel with regards who they believe?

I understand that, but look at the discourse running up to the vote - it was heavily dominated by Uri and Lord, with people declaring one way or the other (as evidenced by Uris very high vote accumulation i think). Mahama went very quiet, as did the people voting for her. She slipped from my focus, albeit i will admit i was focusing on the people I had included in my FFA.

I guess I have a different perspective then as she was in my ffa, so I was watching her. It was her bail on Molly that sealed the deal for me.

Lads, tell me this. Any chance we could run a primary vote. See where we stand.

I don't believe either of you, hence the quandry!

#FFA4

Uriel - I think the reveal is horse ****. The timing of it says enough. I'd like to know exactly when he got the message.
    Destroyer - afk baddie?
    Lord - Any point putting him here? I am very much on the side of believing him over Uriel but you can never be 100%. Anyone else would be a stab in the dark

• Advertisement

I don't believe either of you, hence the quandry!

Good wordage. 20 points on scrabble.

Advertisement