Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

There hasn't been any reminders

maybe there won't be, we're grown folk!

Jayop is here anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

form is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Pter wrote: »
    Also, P*, id like to point out how well she is flying under the radar.

She has the second lowest post count of still active players (excl grumpy). Wilfully low post count. Only stu has a lower one, and I think its more reasonable from a newer player. To be clear, she NOW has the same number of posts that digi racked up in 1 full day in the game.

And Digi was rolled,

She could be seer I suppose. But lets ask her?

Oh Flush? Where r u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ah come on lads. Waiting patiently here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hello all.

0nW.png

Life can be confusing, you know? You see, I wasn’t always the apprentice seer. I am the apprentice seer, but it wasn’t always this way. Once upon a time I was just a plain ol’ simple bodyguard. Then I got chosen. Digi wasn’t sure about me – he didn’t have any way to verify me either to be honest.

But I basically gave him everything I had, and showed him my protects and he was happy enough with his choice. Im saying this because Digi took a leap in picking me. I wasn’t under as much heat when he chose (Tuesday morning) as I was Tuesday evening and Wednesday (which was primarily flak from opposing Uriel), so I can only attribute him selecting me to the fact that I was the first to request BG protection, completely undeservedly and out of the blue, as a signal. It was.

So where does this leave us? Well ive had a protect every night, and have been able to protect myself every 2nd night. Digi was clever though, he suggested i skip a night of protection for myself (last night) as the wolves would assume I would protect myself night 1,3,5 etc etc.

I first needed to ensure I wasn’t converted. That’s what this post was about. We admittedly needed to get the conversation going, but I needed to draw enough heat on myself to deter a walker, while at the same time not going down the route of totally discrediting myself (maybe went a little too far with the mistakes and misquotes). Regardless, it was good to see Ecto and SK jump on them. Ecto has retreated since, but SK kept at it. Worth keeping your eye on them, as will
    I, if I live.

But how to skip a night and ensure I wasn’t munched. Well the gov being dead certainly helped. But in addition to that, I needed Uri so entrenched in his lie that he couldn’t afford to attack me, lest it look like the wolves were on his side. I played chicken with him essentially. I fought and fought and fought with him so that if the wolves attacked me, then I couldn’t be the wolf Uri accused me of being. I revealed a couple of minutes early to allow the wolves some doubt but for them to shrug off that doubt and go with whomever they were planning to all along. Ive seen Uri do it before anyway. Stay the course he used to say to me. Well fair play for staying the course Uri 

For the record, my protects have been

Sunday Myself
    Monday Mick (I know I know, but he was fine by us all until digi and I found out he was the original walker)
    Tuesday Sk (I know I know)
    Wednesday Barney
    Thursday…….?

So I have been promising to prove myself for a while now, and I do have a way of doing it. Unfortunately that way is quite reliant on the wolves playing ball.
    Here is my proposal. Its not perfect, but it’s the best I could do with what I got.

I keep on protecting but im not saying who.

1. It could be me and if I don’t die and the protect is announced, you have your confirmation I was bg from the start of the game.
    2. I could pick someone else and the wolves go after me (and if I die you have your confirmation my info has been correct and the people attacking me, especially after my reveal, are probably baddies (Uri, SK to the fore) as well as, I reckon the alpha sitting back (flushy) and 2 walkers.
    3. I could pick someone else and the wolves hit that person and the protection is announced – you have your bg.
    4. If the wolves don’t go after me then im either the alpha or the wolves are setting me up for the lynch. In that scenario, you either have a guaranteed bonafide alpha or a bona fide priest and bg. Seer rules out im not a walker, checks that I show good, you keep me around until the walkers are dead, and if when that happens the game doesn’t end, you kill me. In the meantime, if you cant trust my wolf death reveals, you can trust the walker ones, which you need if you are going to kill the walkers. Kill me if you want; that’s ok-ish – if by then we have a solid list of wolf suspects who railed against me or disappeared, a confirmed villager (kind of more or less) in Duffman and 1 or 2 less villagers, as well as the death reveals which I can leave behind me to be crosschecked by the seer when they choose to reveal after I am lynched. It will be the second best chance the village has to kill the walkers.

Unfortunately the above scenarios are the only ways I can see of clearing myself. It’s the truth as much as the walkers and wolves will now try to pull it apart.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought I was going to force necro to confirm me, like some sort of puppet. Only Jayop has that kind of power.

d4742a37e77603145e301e07fa8db023--abraham-twd-walking-dead-abraham-quotes.jpg

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ah come on lads. Waiting patiently here.

I'm waiting frantically!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

And Digi was rolled,

She could be seer I suppose. But lets ask her?

Oh Flush? Where r u

The seer needs to stay out of sight, I'm next for the munch but at this point it doesn't make sense for the seer to come out unless something is reading wrong to them. Team Negan is starting to show imo, the walkers will be harder to find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

END OF DAY 5, START OF NIGHT 5

Once again, the village had faced trials and tribulations, and not had many answers to their questions.

Action was again required, and this time it was xxxxxx who was found guilty.

One of the villagers found an old Katana lying around and cleaved Uriel's head off in one stroke. They placed the head on the tip of the blade and and left it to rot in the centre of the village.

Uriel. has been lynched

Lynch 5

Uriel. - 10 - Pter, Destroyer, Triceratops, duffman, PatrickSTARR, Barney, Mollyb, sKeith, Ectoplasm, MrsFD
    Pter - 1 - Uriel.
    partyjungle - 1 - partyjungle
    No Vote - 3 - Grumpy, Stu Redman, The Valeyard

The night phase will last until 5pm. After that we will return to the normal 9pm lynch and we'll give the times for the day tomorrow after that. I'll excuse missing this vote because of the time, but anyone missing the one tonight will be modkilled if they already missed one.

Ah lads come on it wasnt that long a post.

Ok it was fairly long......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Vale......

tumblr_n25bf9jsV21qh59n0o1_250.png

Is the poop deck reslly what i think it is?

• Advertisement

I mean in for a penny!

If I'm wrong so far I'm already very wrong, so what's another mistake!

Jayop wrote: »
    END OF DAY 5, START OF NIGHT 5

Once again, the village had faced trials and tribulations, and not had many answers to their questions.

Action was again required, and this time it was xxxxxx who was found guilty.

One of the villagers found an old Katana lying around and cleaved Uriel's head off in one stroke. They placed the head on the tip of the blade and and left it to rot in the centre of the village.

Uriel. has been lynched

Lynch 5

Uriel. - 10 - Pter, Destroyer, Triceratops, duffman, PatrickSTARR, Barney, Mollyb, sKeith, Ectoplasm, MrsFD
    Pter - 1 - Uriel.
    No Vote - 3 - Grumpy, Stu Redman, The Valeyard

The night phase will last until 5pm. After that we will return to the normal 9pm lynch and we'll give the times for the day tomorrow after that. I'll excuse missing this vote because of the time, but anyone missing the one tonight will be modkilled if they already missed one.

I voted.

Definitely put a vote in a 3.45

Ah lads come on it wasnt that long a post.

Ok it was fairly long......

So your a priest and the bg? I thought Digi called out the Bg, what was Uriels role, walker or Negan?

Hello all.

Life can be confusing, you know? You see, I wasn’t always the apprentice seer. I am the apprentice seer, but it wasn’t always this way. Once upon a time I was just a plain ol’ simple bodyguard. Then I got chosen. Digi wasn’t sure about me – he didn’t have any way to verify me either to be honest.

But I basically gave him everything I had, and showed him my protects and he was happy enough with his choice. Im saying this because Digi took a leap in picking me. I wasn’t under as much heat when he chose (Tuesday morning) as I was Tuesday evening and Wednesday (which was primarily flak from opposing Uriel), so I can only attribute him selecting me to the fact that I was the first to request BG protection, completely undeservedly and out of the blue, as a signal. It was.

So where does this leave us? Well ive had a protect every night, and have been able to protect myself every 2nd night. Digi was clever though, he suggested i skip a night of protection for myself (last night) as the wolves would assume I would protect myself night 1,3,5 etc etc.

I first needed to ensure I wasn’t converted. That’s what this post was about. We admittedly needed to get the conversation going, but I needed to draw enough heat on myself to deter a walker, while at the same time not going down the route of totally discrediting myself (maybe went a little too far with the mistakes and misquotes). Regardless, it was good to see Ecto and SK jump on them. Ecto has retreated since, but SK kept at it. Worth keeping your eye on them, as will
    I, if I live.

But how to skip a night and ensure I wasn’t munched. Well the gov being dead certainly helped. But in addition to that, I needed Uri so entrenched in his lie that he couldn’t afford to attack me, lest it look like the wolves were on his side. I played chicken with him essentially. I fought and fought and fought with him so that if the wolves attacked me, then I couldn’t be the wolf Uri accused me of being. I revealed a couple of minutes early to allow the wolves some doubt but for them to shrug off that doubt and go with whomever they were planning to all along. Ive seen Uri do it before anyway. Stay the course he used to say to me. Well fair play for staying the course Uri 

For the record, my protects have been

Sunday Myself
    Monday Mick (I know I know, but he was fine by us all until digi and I found out he was the original walker)
    Tuesday Sk (I know I know)
    Wednesday Barney
    Thursday…….?

So I have been promising to prove myself for a while now, and I do have a way of doing it. Unfortunately that way is quite reliant on the wolves playing ball.
    Here is my proposal. Its not perfect, but it’s the best I could do with what I got.

I keep on protecting but im not saying who.

1. It could be me and if I don’t die and the protect is announced, you have your confirmation I was bg from the start of the game.
    2. I could pick someone else and the wolves go after me (and if I die you have your confirmation my info has been correct and the people attacking me, especially after my reveal, are probably baddies (Uri, SK to the fore) as well as, I reckon the alpha sitting back (flushy) and 2 walkers.
    3. I could pick someone else and the wolves hit that person and the protection is announced – you have your bg.
    4. If the wolves don’t go after me then im either the alpha or the wolves are setting me up for the lynch. In that scenario, you either have a guaranteed bonafide alpha or a bona fide priest and bg. Seer rules out im not a walker, checks that I show good, you keep me around until the walkers are dead, and if when that happens the game doesn’t end, you kill me. In the meantime, if you cant trust my wolf death reveals, you can trust the walker ones, which you need if you are going to kill the walkers. Kill me if you want; that’s ok-ish – if by then we have a solid list of wolf suspects who railed against me or disappeared, a confirmed villager (kind of more or less) in Duffman and 1 or 2 less villagers, as well as the death reveals which I can leave behind me to be crosschecked by the seer when they choose to reveal after I am lynched. It will be the second best chance the village has to kill the walkers.

Unfortunately the above scenarios are the only ways I can see of clearing myself. It’s the truth as much as the walkers and wolves will now try to pull it apart.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought I was going to force necro to confirm me, like some sort of puppet. Only Jayop has that kind of power.

I CANNOT EVEN WITH THESE ****ING ROLE CLAIMS!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I CANNOT EVEN WITH THESE ****ING ROLE CLAIMS!

I'm spinning at this stage to be honest

duffman13 wrote: »
    So your a priest and the bg? I thought Digi called out the Bg, what was Uriels role, walker or Negan?

Im the BG who was picked as App priest.

Digi and I decided to give me some cover by naming trit the bg. He was a NRV.

PJ you voted for yourself? WTF?

what was Uriel?

As confused as you all may be, im hoping the wolves are too and dont know whether to try kill me or not to shut up an app priest and bg (and possibly fail), or leave me alive and hope i dont protect who they try to kill, which would inadvertantly confirm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Who came up with the idea of calling trit the bodyguard?

And why come out early still? Completely unnecessary.

And what was uriel?

• Advertisement

HAHAHAHAHAHA well played Uriel. He was an NRV.

Who was later converted into a walker.

do you know when?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Who came up with the idea of calling trit the bodyguard?

And why come out early still? Completely unnecessary.

And what was uriel?

Digi did.

For me, it was a choice of let Uri run the thread and he gets killed and we dont smoke anyone out (i kinda think we have tbh), or come out, play my little bg game and go from there.

See above post for Uri.

do you know when?

I do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I voted.

Definitely put a vote in a 3.45

I haven't deleted any of the votes yet and I can confirm there's no vote from you there.

Ah ffs I was convinced he was Negan, my head is fried! I had sKeith on with him, that's my theories blown aside if true. I'm not sure how much I believe at this stage from anyone tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

lol

Good to stem the growth of the walkers i suppose. Really need to start hitting wolves though.

Jayop wrote: »
    I haven't deleted any of the votes yet and I can confirm there's no vote from you there.

That's really weird. I know i voted. I was sitting on the toilet seat at the time.

Ive no idea what happened so

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ah ffs I was convinced he was Negan, my head is fried! I had sKeith on with him, that's my theories blown aside if true. I'm not sure how much I believe at this stage from anyone tbh!

Yeah it kind of ruins my theory a bit too which makes me angry cos I spent all morning doing maths on it!

Advertisement