Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

if he was the walker there wont be any one turned

Yes. I know. But after night one how do we know if a priest isnt a walker? I may be missing something here.... is there an announcement of a turning? That would invalidate my whole point tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guffy wrote: »
    Yes. I know. But after night one how do we know if a priest isnt a walker? I may be missing something here.... is there an announcement of a turning? That would invalidate my whole point tbh

Afaik, there is.

Anyway, I've just wrote down "Are Guffy and Drumpot on the same team" on my notes here....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Statistically extremely unlikely. 28 players left when they get their first turn, one is walker so 1/27 odds they get the priest. That’s less then 4%.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Afaik, there is.

Anyway, I've just wrote down "Are Guffy and Drumpot on the same team" on my notes here....

I’ve just written down “lord must be good cause no noobs were killed day 1”....

sKeith wrote: »
    Think trit may have got is 1st bad role.

#says that this may be obvious and blames two people. (can expect this from someone rattling trees but...)
    #then names SM as #3
    #reinforces post by saying that wolf 1 & 2 were way too sure of what they were saying.
    #sits back on it to see if it takes off.
    #again, states his opinions as obvious
    #fluff
    #fluff
    #then, note nobody has bitten for wolf 1 & 2 theory, and SM???, why did you even start that? moves onto me. questions something that is clear from the rules, uriel states 'its in the rules' , i oblige and give him a solid answer anyhow.
    #Again, questions something which is plain, and agains, its uriel to point out that its in the rules, i oblige again as give him an answer to his query.

My eyes are on you....

All%20About%20Your%20Eyes_%20Eye%20Diseases.jpg

It was keith's post not tiggers, yoss. Not my work and not checked. But it was a a feeling i had gotten from reading last night and this morning when i read this, half asleep granted, it just felt like the penny dropped. (Not as sure now that I'm actually awoke but is the strongest for me atm. Early days and all that).

• Advertisement

Afaik, there is.

Hey!!!!

Im not happy that you've cleared drumpot!!

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’ve just written down “lord must be good cause no noobs were killed day 1”....

If I was bad, I'd probably have offed Jayo for the lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Gabriel Stokes: Gabriel is the priest. Upon death he will receive information on what role the dead held. If that person was converted to a Walker he will also learn their original role. Gabriel will be able to recruit another priest to join him in his backroom.

There are or will be 2 priests at some point (assuming Tiggs wasn't the priest and hasn't yet recruited), so one could validate if the other is turned, they share a backroom, we don't have to believe them but at least it's something.

On another note, was the wording above wise. :eek:

Those are some well composed and thought out statements Guffy, good job!

Did you have help writing them?

Hey TP.

Where have you gone. You pop on to leave a little comment, try to stir and then disappear?? You are right up there with trit for me now. Ahead of drumpot, although drumpot at least followed up with a reasonable excusing post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Gabriel stokes is male. Therefore his room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Rip Tig
    Unfortunate wording with the priest role only saw that now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

sKeith wrote: »
    Using other peoples work alone is unwise. Try to draw your own conclusions and avoid using others musings as fact. You seem easily led, or lazy. Watching you.

Or haven't a bloody clue what the game is or how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Hi not long up and heading for work. We need our rolledplayers longer than one day. If the come out now they will definitely be turned. We just have to hope they dont get turned and the apprentice can back up the priest.
    I get where your coming from guffy that we won't trust the preist but he only needs to survive long enough to get an apprentice.

sofireland wrote: »
    Rip Tig
    Unfortunate wording with the priest role only saw that now
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Or haven't a bloody clue what the game is or how it works.

2-the-two-wolves-meditation-2-.jpg?x27518

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Guffy wrote:
    Where have you gone. You pop on to leave a little comment, try to stir and then disappear?? You are right up there with trit for me now. Ahead of drumpot, although drumpot at least followed up with a reasonable excusing post.

I'm training Guffy, gotta keep my strength up for fighting you and your posse.
    I find it interesting that after I make one comment on your allegiance that you're all over me like a rash, that's a major escalation, did I trigger you?

Reckon it'll take a while for everyone to get their heads around the roles, factions, teams etc.
    I know i'm struggling with it.

giphy.gif

I'm training Guffy, gotta keep my strength up for fighting you and your posse.
    I find it interesting that after I make one comment on your allegiance that you're all over me like a rash, that's a major escalation, did I trigger you?

You did ya... people who try to stir, sit back and watch until mentioned again irk me. Especially when their all of their posts are fluff... not a fan of using fluff day 1 for night 0 but still. No substance or engagement in any meaningful conversations last night

sofireland wrote:
    Reckon it'll take a while for everyone to get their heads around the roles, factions, teams etc. I know i'm struggling with it.

Sure tell me your role and I'll give you a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i wonder what happens if the priest recruits the walker or a baddie? it doesnt say in the op

i wonder what happens if the priest recruits the walker or a baddie? it doesnt say in the op

Then the bad team knows the priest and kills him i would assume

• Advertisement

There’s an awful lot of quiet posters. Very easy to hide among the silence...

Doesn’t mean you are bad because it’s just as good a tactic for Rolled goodies. However we need to hear from more villagers before getting our lamb for tonight’s lynch.

Even though night 1 lynch is usually a shot in the dark I don’t propose us wasting it (like some in the past suggested). I also don’t think we learn anything from a no lynch night...

I propose Skeith as a mercy kill. He can then have fun with Tigger all night in the dead room.

Sure tell me your role and I'll give you a hand

Sure, why not, what's the worst that could happen?

Even though night 1 lynch is usually a shot in the dark I don’t propose us wasting it (like some in the past suggested).

I propose Skeith as a mercy kill.

Dafuq is this?

Then the bad team knows the priest and kills him i would assume

While getting to act as the back up priest too.

If its true backroom people can stay anonymous (as was pondered yesterday between Tigger, Yoss and Trit), might be a good idea for the priest to pick someone but keep their actual identity hidden from each other in the back rooms?

(though then they can't clear each other...)

I propose Skeith as a mercy kill. He can then have fun with Tigger all night in the dead room.

I like being able to read through the dead rooms after the game, thank you very much.

Guffy wrote:
    You did ya... people who try to stir, sit back and watch until mentioned again irk me. Especially when their all of their posts are fluff... not a fan of using fluff day 1 for night 0 but still. No substance or engagement in any meaningful conversations last night

What were the meaningful conversations last night that I missed?

There was a lot of sh1t posting from the night watch and discussions on game mechanics, neither of which I had anything to contribute to, I think talk of how roles work is prime ground for wolves to "contribute"
    Also it was Saturday night, how meaningful did you expect it to be?

As for fluff on day one, I come here for the jauntz and jauntz I shall have!

Also queationing people one finds suss is legitimate gameplay pal!

I'm not getting into a tunnel with you, your post made suspicious. I voiced it.
    Sin é.
    So you can go tunnel someone else now... bye Jason!

So you can go tunnel someone else now... bye Jason!

Btw I don't know if there's a Jason in walking dead, I don't watch, thats a mean girls ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

While getting to act as the back up priest too.

If its true backroom people can stay anonymous (as was pondered yesterday between Tigger, Yoss and Trit), might be a good idea for the priest to pick someone but keep their actual identity hidden from each other in the back rooms?

(though then they can't clear each other...)

But whoever the original priest is will know who they've picked so only works one way or am I reading that wrong in the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

We are now almost a full day into the game and the following people need to start posting. Less than 10 posts at this stage is bad. Im not willing to scapegoat someone who is posting for the lynch just because we dont have enough to go on to kill low posters. Roled goodies can get more than 10 posts without giving their role away.

I propose barring a very sure baddie target, we sacrifice the low posters instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Woops forgot the list.

partyjungle
    sofireland
    Barney92
    mahamageehad
    destroyer
    Loughc
    MrsFlushdraw
    Amandadon
    duffman13 2