Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

PHEW!! What a game. Thanks for everyone who participated. Amazing input from you all. Just look at this for activity:

Uriel. 562
    sKeith 475
    Pter 438
    patrickSTARR 413
    Mollyb60 297
    Triceratops Ballet 261
    partyjungle 248
    Lord TSC 217
    Ectoplasm 216
    Barney92 177
    duffman13 174
    The_Valeyard 171
    y0ssar1an22 157
    MicksJaguar 155
    Necrominus 135
    mahamageehad 134
    Strawberry Milkshake 127
    Stu Redman 123
    destroyer 112
    beakerjoe 106
    Loughc 97
    Jayop 88
    MrsFlushdraw 84
    Tigger 83
    Kolido 80
    Guffy 63
    crosstownk 63
    jayo26 60
    Digital Solitude 56
    grumpylumpy 54
    Drumpot 53
    tritium 45
    Amandadon 11
    sofireland 9
    robyntmorton 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I swear to god

I'm only messing. I know you're a lady. You've mentioned it enough.

*Runs from Lucille*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well done team Negan, very solid performances throughout!

And thanks to the mods for a great game.

And a special shoutout to Uriel and whatever his gameplan was <3

Hehe Necro, with that 1 post of mine I can at least claim I was part of the biggest game of WW inn Boards history, and don't you dare edit that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I reallt flubbed at the end, couldnt believe it went that way

PARTY JUNGLE SKEITH WHERE ARE YOU MY BROTHERS

backroom was great craic :p

• Advertisement

I haven't been this happy in a while.. how sad... GO ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necrominus wrote: »
    PHEW!! What a game. Thanks for everyone who participated. Amazing input from you all. Just look at this for activity:

Uriel. 562
    sKeith 475
    Pter 438
    patrickSTARR 413
    Mollyb60 297
    Triceratops Ballet 261
    partyjungle 248
    Lord TSC 217
    Ectoplasm 216
    Barney92 177
    duffman13 174
    The_Valeyard 171
    y0ssar1an22 157
    MicksJaguar 155
    Necrominus 135
    mahamageehad 134
    Strawberry Milkshake 127
    Stu Redman 123
    destroyer 112
    beakerjoe 106
    Loughc 97
    Jayop 88
    MrsFlushdraw 84
    Tigger 83
    Kolido 80
    Guffy 63
    crosstownk 63
    jayo26 60
    Digital Solitude 56
    grumpylumpy 54
    Drumpot 53
    tritium 45
    Amandadon 11
    sofireland 9
    robyntmorton 1

Ha! fifth highest poster! I'm happy with that. I don't think I've ever been so noisy in a game before but I honestly think modding the last game has made me a better player - or maybe a less lazy one at least! I was taking notes all over the place, making spreadsheets, re-reading posts. It obviously made me look suspicious coz I'm usually so lazy about the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stu.

Your post calling me out early on freaked us the **** out. I ignored it because you read my play so incredibly.

Ignoring this evening, you played an amazing game.

Fair play to all the new people. Hope you guys stick round.

Thanks to Maha and Tigger (even if it was short lived for the latter :P) for being cool team mates.

Thanks to the mods. That was easily the best game I've played yet. Just awesome work all round.

Maybe you were too noisy Molly. If you went with P* it would be a different celebration now!

That said, you totally stuck to your guns, and I admire that. The lady's not for turning.

5th lowest poster for the win

I DO NOT CONDONE LOW POSTING

but like it can help

Theres a part of the backroom where i was just drinking wine and pretending to catch up on the main thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ALL BACKROOMS ARE OPEN TO ANYONE REGISTERED OVER THERE.

Oh and fair play to the newbies, sorry i played on your inexperience, just hardening you up for the next game

you'll thank me, really

Thanks so much to everyone who participated. As anyone who mods a game knows, you can only do so much work, it's the players that make the game so thanks again. Special thanks to all the noobs, even those who had to bow out. It was an incredibly difficult game to start with, the post count the first few days was off the charts and even old experienced players struggled with the rule set to begin with. And thanks to the two subs who stepped in and played really well which is a hard thing to do.

Necro, you're my boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jayop wrote: »
    ALL BACKROOMS ARE OPEN TO ANYONE REGISTERED OVER THERE.

you gonna open the staff rooms :)

Big shout out to Amandadondondonodn who let me say almost nothing without raising too much suspicion :P

Sorry, 1 sec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Maybe you were too noisy Molly. If you went with P* it would be a different celebration now!

That said, you totally stuck to your guns, and I admire that. The lady's not for turning.

See I felt like I flip flopped A LOT. Like I was all over Pter and P* at the start. Didn't like Uriel, then liked Uriel, then didn't like Uriel. Then hated Pter, then liked him, then hated P*, then liked him. I just couldn't make up my mind. The last 2 wolves PJ and Grumpy were just stellar. Not a tiny give away at all. We were working with nothing.

Oh BTW mods if one more person was given a roll I was gonna flip this f*cking laptop off the table. It felt like everyone had a role but me! :D

Request for the future:
    Can i always have a backroom regardless of my role? its where i get my best thinking done

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    See I felt like I flip flopped A LOT. Like I was all over Pter and P* at the start. Didn't like Uriel, then liked Uriel, then didn't like Uriel. Then hated Pter, then liked him, then hated P*, then liked him. I just couldn't make up my mind. The last 2 wolves PJ and Grumpy were just stellar. Not a tiny give away at all. We were working with nothing.

Oh BTW mods if one more person was given a roll I was gonna flip this f*cking laptop off the table. It felt like everyone had a role but me! :D

Even I had a role at one point, but I wasn't allowed to reveal it in thread :pac::D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Lads I know you don't want to hear this, and I sound like a sore loser but I'm left with a really bad taste in my mouth. I put a huge amount of effort into this game and while I knew today was a speed day you never mentioned that it would continue past 9pm. I told you guys early today that I was heading out, you could've given me a heads up then that if it wasn't over by 9 you'd keep going. I was put in a position of not being able to read the thread and randomly picking my final vote.

• Advertisement

Fcuk me, 4862 posts in the back rooms....!!!!

Tbf ecto i want around either and didnt think i would be all day but kept up on mobile as and when i could

being a mod is nigh on impossible and i never want to do it again. they couldnt have known how the game would morph

i feel you though

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

A big thank you to the mods, my first game here and that was a class class game.

Sorry I couldn't get more involved early, that game really deserved 100% concentration.

awesome job, awesome game.

Jayop wrote: »
    Fcuk me, 4862 posts in the back rooms....!!!!

2431 are Necro posting GIFs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Lads I know you don't want to hear this, and I sound like a sore loser but I'm left with a really bad taste in my mouth. I put a huge amount of effort into this game and while I knew today was a speed day you never mentioned that it would continue past 9pm. I told you guys early today that I was heading out, you could've given me a heads up then that if it wasn't over by 9 you'd keep going. I was put in a position of not being able to read the thread and randomly picking my final vote.

Yep, hands up. We didn't call the last day right at all. Both myself and Jay are busy tomorrow so we felt we had to get game done and dusted tonight and I'm sorry if you're annoyed.

Sorry if the ending soured it a bit for you but I can only apologise.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yep, hands up. We didn't call the last day right at all. Both myself and Jay are busy tomorrow so we felt we had to get game done and dusted tonight and I'm sorry if you're annoyed.

Sorry if the ending soured it a bit for you but I can only apologise.

Concur. Our big mistake was not having more turns yesterday. Sorry Ecto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Look you did a great job modding, thank you both. I had fun up until today but it was an incredibly unfair setup tonight. The wolves had perfect information and we had none. They probably would still have won but the only possible way for the village to win was to have time to read the posts and analyse the votes and tonight's setup took that away.

Maybe I need some time away from the game and I'm know I'm taking it all waaaay too seriously. I realise how ridiculous I sound as I type but I'm just feeling incredibly hard done by right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Look you did a great job modding, thank you both. I had fun up until today but it was an incredibly unfair setup tonight. The wolves had perfect information and we had none. They probably would still have won but the only possible way for the village to win was to have time to read the posts and analyse the votes and tonight's setup took that away.

Maybe I need some time away from the game and I'm know I'm taking it all waaaay too seriously. I realise how ridiculous I sound as I type but I'm just feeling incredibly hard done by right now.

I should have waited and put in the last vote when on the lynch where Molly went, I didn't think I needed to, felt it was all over as I was sure you would be on Grumpy.
    I think you would have been if you had been able to keep reading the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

it is certainly something that we need to look at alright. most games tend to end in a bit of a frenzy, giving wolves an advantage.
    but dont go making any hasty decisions about your WW future!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well done everyone.

Great fun and takes the mind off things.

Cheers mods for all the fun and hard work.

Oh yeah,

I still want my bullets.

Advertisement