Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Necrominus wrote: »
    Poor cross, busy the entire weekend and then his week frees up a little...

BOOM!

Munched. Backstards

That's exactly how it panned out.

When I saw the munch story I let out a "fcuk sake" in the office that I swiftly blamed on my computer acting the maggot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jayop wrote: »
    Stu you played great man and as someone said you dead room experts sneering is part and parcel if the game. We all do it once we get the spoilers. I'd imagine I've played more than almost everyone here and as they'll tell you I'm a brutal player. Can't read people at all and I rely heavily on vote analysis to remain useful.

Exactly. The two new players who went deep into this game (Duff, Stu) played brilliantly. The early read on Lord was an absolute peach and as he said himself had him panicking in the backroom. Don't beat yourself up. We all have good games (apart from me, I'm crap :pac::pac::pac:) and we have bad games.

This was a top notch debut.

Even if we wanted you to die to activate Rick's (Kolido) 2 bullets! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Oh yeah did uiu figure out what your special power was yet Stu or Coral

Oh and a big shout out to MrsFD. I hope you're feeling better real soon.

I left out destroyer there but something tells me I've seen him in another form before.... on another planet. :P

Stellar end game from destroyer probably the missing middle parts at times (RL sucks when you can't get as involved as you'd like) probably played into the wolfies hands

• Advertisement

And I didn't know it was a thing before this game. But I'm going to request a backroom for every game. It might save everyone from my word vomit :P

#967 #stillstanding

So the technicalities of the game. What did we think of the few new elements? What I see as being new on here was...

1) Half an OP and keeping characters and roles hidden to encourage role claiming.

2) The walkers as an evil group but with no kill power in only once every two days recruitment.

3) The comms room having the good team as well as the evils.

Necrominus wrote: »
    And I didn't know it was a thing before this game. But I'm going to request a backroom for every game. It might save everyone from my word vomit :P

#967 #stillstanding

Im not sure its feesible but every player to have thier own backroom for rambings would be a great read for me love reading what people are thinking during the game.

Downside it might take away from the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ahhhhh FFS Necro if its Buffy I'll have to play. I'm going to end up in an early grave thanks to this game!!

Ecto, i say i need a break after every game

my colleagues even know about my one week a month of dread and paranoia (not pms oddly)

and then you're back loving it!

I've not played a decent game since star wars which was.... last year? And ive had (and caused) gripes here and there. But ts all fun and mods did a great job

MrsFD I hope you're feeling better. Sorry i voted for you when you were sick. part of the master plan ;)

Im not sure its feesible but every player to have thier own backroom for rambings would be a great read for me love reading what people are thinking during the game.

It is feasible. Just a lot of work pre game. I'd love that myself to be honest. Love reading backrooms after a game.

I feel like I have nothing to read now having been behind the scenes all week!!:(:(:(

• Advertisement

So the technicalities of the game. What did we think of the few new elements? What I see as being new on here was...

1) Half an OP and keeping characters and roles hidden to encourage role claiming.

2) The walkers as an evil group but with no kill power in only once every two days recruitment.

I thought it worked well.

Just look at how confused everything was towards the end especially. It seemed to stem a whitewash by either side. Whether that's how this game went or if it's a trusted template is something that time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Loved the walkers idea, baddies not being able to trust their own team was a huge cuvreball

as much as i want my own backroom every time, have to agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

1 brilliant
    2 brilliant
    3 nope (sorry but it ment we couldnt go "hey lads tigger is one of us but he says keithy is one of you so lets be fiends") dont see the point of it if its not for evil collunsion
    probably go back to it in a later date and give a less coloured opinion

i would like to add
    4 sligo beers need to happen some time soon after thebtax yera ends so mid november
    5 necro i have worked othow to avoid a night 0 death; please sign me up to your game as substitute number 1 the only game i ever got to the end was as substitute and watching grumpy's sub game and digis sub game this week i think i'll go for tht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lads I'm a little disappointed the crossbow didn't get a single arrow. Felt hard done by to be honest! Stupid game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Loved the Walkers idea but wouldn't like to see it every game. It felt like an improved version of the serial killer role; they had a real chance and posed a real threat to both sides.

The multiple roles, much the same feedback. I think they worked well here but wouldn't want them in every game.

well I loved it all :D

3 didnt get a real chance with me being a ****e zombie

Possible to have a comms room for baddies and goodies and a seperate one for just baddies? or is that too much

Might have given rick a bullet at the start maybe but then again if id my way id give everyone a bullet to start

Tigger wrote: »
    1 brilliant
    2 brilliant
    3 nope (sorry but it ment we couldnt go "hey lads tigger is one of us but he says keithy is one of you so lets be fiends") dont see the point of it if its not for evil collunsion
    probably go back to it in a later date and give a less coloured opinion

i would like to add
    4 sligo beers need to happen some time soon after thebtax yera ends so mid november
    5 necro i have worked othow to avoid a night 0 death; please sign me up to your game as substitute number 1 the only game i ever got to the end was as substitute and watching grumpy's sub game and digis sub game this week i think i'll go for tht

I will say, I had higher hopes for the shared comms room. It had potential for great back and forth banter but I get why people were cagey.

SECONDED on the Sligo beers. Three signed up already.

And re: substitute... we can talk ;)

On the first two points I thought they were brill. The walker idea was absolutely brill and all kudos to Jayop for that gem.

Hidden roles are cool too. Most of the themes tend to leave out characters so gave room for the Dr. Jenner and Rosita claims which were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Best wishes with Vale and mrsfd too. Hope everyone gets better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

1) Not sure on this. Part of the game to me is solving based on the possible board. Great fun though :D

2) loved these but i think they may be more overpowered than this game indicated. I said over in the deaf room that a reset switch is probably needed

3) again said in the dead room that i like this. Shared rooms can be very overpowered, either seer rooms or comms rooms so including a good team is an interesting balance.

Shout out to MrsF. Shes always the wolfiest villager but posting from hospital like she did definitely gets her the MVV (most valuable villager) award ahead of many worthy candidates. Get well soon mrsF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

1.Gotta say I hated the hidden roles (was the Stu/Carl thing a mess up or did he actually have a role or something?) but I actually loved them. They really shook up the game and it was a real point for discussion throughout. Made the munch and lynch times even more exciting.
    2. Loved the walker mechanic. I think it was a bit of a tough sell for them to have to convert the entire village but it's almost as difficult as the SK role in any game.
    3. Haven't read the backrooms yet so I've yet to see how this worked. I will reiterate though that I did not like the messages from the backrooms being copied into the thread. I think it gave Duffman an unfair advantage and if I were one of the evils I would've been ****ing raging about it.

Overall an absolutely masterful game. Can't believe I made it so far despite everyone suspecting me.
    Well done to both of you for running it. Bravo.

The first two forums I played on the short OP with the half roles being revealed became standard.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

1.Gotta say I hated the hidden roles (was the Stu/Carl thing a mess up or did he actually have a role or something?) but I actually loved them. They really shook up the game and it was a real point for discussion throughout. Made the munch and lynch times even more exciting.

Ok, the Stu/Carl thing was real. He was given the role of Carl Grimes but also told he was essentially an NRV.

His one power was his death, which would act as a trigger for Rick, much the same as Penny's death for the Governor, or the mention of Lucille 4 times.

(People say I prompted it backstage, but we could have been nasty and had a kill after about 6 hours cos ye brought it up organically yourselves so :P)

So. Stu. NRV AND Carl. Easy to get that mixed up :)

Molly you have to remember at all times there only needed to be one walker alive for them to eventually convert anyone. I started planning that with them having a convert every turn but when I crunched the possible numbers they pissed it every time. That's why I had to cut it back to a single convert every second turn.

Had barney survived one more turn I think they'd have won.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Ok lads

New tactic

Brutal honesty.

Cause you've got yourselves an issue to discuss for a few hours.

I'm Negan.
    68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c4255746e594251596e687172513d3d2d3432353732353932372e313463383266653561646166306464663937343536303239343736332e676966?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280
    Which is why I've been throwing shade on Uriel's plan all day. There's zero way that Uriel could be 100% certain I'm bad. There's zero way that Uriel's "source" could be sure I'm bad. Cause anyone who checks me would get a big fat "GOOD" sent right back their way. Thats why I've been so adamant about how much BS Uriel's "source" could be.

So here's your problem now. One way or the other, I hang tomorrow at the latest. I've removed any and all doubt now, haven't I. Backup priest even gets a reprieve here at Negan's compound, cause if ye kill me, you'll get the info that you've taken me down. I'll do that favour for ye.

I also gave ye Mick. None of you bothered to listen, but I served ye up the walker, I gave you him on a platter, and you all just ignored me, and then decided to hang me for my troubles? And for that one...
    tumblr_inline_oo7a2nNIwt1trabdv_500.gif

You guys have a big issue now, cause you need to figure out...my credibility is gone now. I've sold that utterly down the drain.

So I've removed that from the equation.

So tell me, boys and girls.

Lynch me, congrats. You've got yourselves an alpha. Today's expeditions gave us some lovely names for the munch tomorrow.

By the way...
    negan-rick-killing.gif
    But the walker is 1000% guaranteed to turn someone tonight now. Cause you guys spent all day focusing on me and Uriel, and utterly ignored the bigger threat, didn't you.

I got my suspicions, by the by. Uriel couldn't have peeked me, nor could any seer. But for what its worth, Uriel ain't the walker either.

Nah, your walker is P* or Molly, both of whom done lovely 180 degree spins once they realized they could survive the day by stringing along me vs Uriel.

So now, your question is this.

DO you guys leave me for tonight, give me a 24 hour repreive (in which I will ****post hard enough that Necro will blush...)

Or do you take a stab at the walker, and at least give yourselves a fighting chance.

Cause on the offchance you hit the walker, maybe, just maybe you guys stop the infection. Maybe.

But you guys hit me tonight? You damn sure lose someone. ;)

Tick tock, guys.
    8404e3770c5c66b59f7e0ddfa2e6ced260fc9aac_hq.gif

By the way, anyone who hasn't yet should go back and thank this original post (although I will accept them as well :P) The single greatest post in any game I've partaken in. In my humble opinion of course.

And, btw. I would have TOTALLY let Lord live to see if he could make me blush :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I'm confused :):):)

jayo26 wrote: »

Ah jayo. Make sure you come back when you have more time. This was a toughie to be tossed in the deep end for sure. Hope you enjoyed it anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ah dont be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Wolf

What's troublimg ya

Advertisement