Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh and by the by... (last post tonight I swear :P)

When you're reading the staff room notice Jayop talks just as much as I do :pac:

We're about 60/40 for posts I'd say which isn't as big a split as some might think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

VKiMLYQ.gif

I'm sorry village. You were honestly fúcked with me in there as one of the last hopes despite my best intentions. Well done Grumpy.

Yeah, before we even got to that Mexican stand-off conclusion I fúcked us by not voting Grumpy in the penultimate lynch. Then, apparently not satisfied, I fúcked us again in the final.

What can I say but 'sorry' to the village? I feel shít. I'm definitely up for the craic, a pillaging and not being let forget about this...possibly forever, but anyone taking it way too seriously and getting abusive will be responded to accordingly.

I'm an eejit, but one who gave up about 30 hours this week that I pulled from somewhere to commit to something I never heard of. It may seem like I made glowing, obvious mistakes at the end, but they weren't to me in real time. Add to that the quick turnover for Lynch times, huge pressure situation...you guys got the wrong noob to rely on in the end. Duffman should have been there in my place securing victory :(

Enough of the serious shít, thanks to all for a great game and a hell of a unique experience. I've posted about 130 times in this thread this week - It normally takes a few months for me to make that many posts on Boards. It's been draining, but exciting. Great community in here.

That tension and conclusion in the final few minutes tonight, I never thought I'd get that experience from Boards or any internet forum really. Mind is a bit blown.

Thanks to all, sincere apologies to the village, well done wolves.

Sure if none of us made mistakes the games would be over fair soon. Being totally confused and absolutely lost as to where to go is more a sign of good wolf play than poor villager imo.

So don't be so hard on yourself, no single vote or player will lose a game.

I think that most of us take it too seriously when games are going, but once its over its over and I don't think you should be expecting any abuse over the ending, nor anyone else.

I think that most of us take it too seriously when games are going, but once its over its over and I don't think you should be expecting any abuse over the ending, nor anyone else.

Sing it from the rooftops Digi. I get so mad midgame then when it's over I get mad because it's over.

I'll quote you all a response to a PM sent to me in the midst of one of my rants in the last game:

Ah no. I'm more mad at myself than the game man. Mad because:

1. I'm playing sh1te
    2. Being told I'm playing sh1te

There was a three. Deleted the PM though so can't remember the rest. Game is an addictive, mental mindfcuk when you're in the middle of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Necrominus wrote: »
    Oh and by the by... (last post tonight I swear :P)

When you're reading the staff room notice Jayop talks just as much as I do :pac:

We're about 60/40 for posts I'd say which isn't as big a split as some might think

I'm a spam machine when I get going too. Problem when I'm playing is it takes me a few days to really give a **** about the game and if I ever make it to end game I go full on p*.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Well version 1 and minus 6 I tried to pay tribute while the game was alive, but just to conclude...ive been involved in every single boards game since the godfather introduced us, as either a player or a modulator, and I've never had so much fun as this game, even starting as an NRV. An absolutely great game with great mechanics and its no wonder it breached the record posts. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even when I didnt have the time at times.

Final shout out to older bro Donkey man mickaleen

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Oh yeah did uiu figure out what your special power was yet Stu or Coral

Hehe, I honestly thought everyone was named until I shared that information today and found out otherwise. Essentially an NRV with no current powers, but that might change. I just assumed that was the same for all NRVs. No worries anyway, that was far from my problem in the end.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I'm confused :):):)

I'm traumatised Jayo.

In football terms, I scored 8 own goals and punched my manager in the mouth. The other team are delighted though!

On reflection, I can live with how it went down in that last lynch - I was already screwed by then from what I did before. If we went back, I can't honestly say I could do it different under the same circumstances.

For that penultimate lynch though, ugh...that's the stinger. I went in to vote Grumpy, but then honestly thought it didn't make sense after lingering for a few moments. I thought Grumpy was posting so low throughout that the game was an afterthought to her, with no wolf strategy in progress at all.

That thought haunted me in the second last lynch and I inevitably chose to keep Grumpy in the game because of it. I thought if anyone was playing the low-lying poster wolf game, Destroyer was clouding my mind more than Grumpy and I had to follow that. I hadn't considered that someone like Molly would suffer from that decision, sorry for that Molly.

Then when Destroyer pinged me before the final lynch, I just straight away assumed that was Destroyer's power play and thought we were thrown into a tug of war for Grumpy's vote. By then, the damage was done for me.

So...who wants me on their team next game?? My stock is down through the floor, you are literally losing money by not recruiting me :)

GET IN

GET IN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hehe, I honestly thought everyone was named until I shared that information today and found out otherwise. Essentially an NRV with no current powers, but that might change. I just assumed that was the same for all NRVs. No worries anyway, that was far from my problem in the end.

I'm traumatised Jayo.

In football terms, I scored 8 own goals and punched my manager in the mouth. The other team are delighted though!

On reflection, I can live with how it went down in that last lynch - I was already screwed by then from what I did before. If we went back, I can't honestly say I could do it different under the same circumstances.

For that penultimate lynch though, ugh...that's the stinger. I went in to vote Grumpy, but then honestly thought it didn't make sense after lingering for a few moments. I thought Grumpy was posting so low throughout that the game was an afterthought to her, with no wolf strategy in progress at all.

That thought haunted me in the second last lynch and I inevitably chose to keep Grumpy in the game because of it. I thought if anyone was playing the low-lying poster wolf game, Destroyer was clouding my mind more than Grumpy and I had to follow that. I hadn't considered that someone like Molly would suffer from that decision, sorry for that Molly.

Then when Destroyer pinged me before the final lynch, I just straight away assumed that was Destroyer's power play and thought we were thrown into a tug of war for Grumpy's vote. By then, the damage was done for me.

So...who wants me on their team next game?? My stock is down through the floor, you are literally losing money by not recruiting me :)

Dude your stock is as high as possible for a noob. Duffman was great but he had to a team to lean on. You literally in the first game fully grasped the most complicated rule set in over a year here, you picked a few evils out, you contributed well to the game thread with on point non spam posts and you lasted till the bitter end.

Read a little of the first game we played here and see how rubbish everyone was.

I've the pub for the past while but GRUMPY you brought it home. I love it. Can't wait to read back on all this. Pstar I should have killed you ages ago. Where did get that crystal ball. You were bang on with all of your reads. Pstar deserved to win

Gg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

destroyer wrote: »
    A big thank you to the mods, my first game here and that was a class class game.

Sorry I couldn't get more involved early, that game really deserved 100% concentration.

awesome job, awesome game.

You can tell me who you are now! I thought Richie at first but really not sure lol

• Advertisement

Well done mods, a great and very complex game. I loved the walkers and the way they worked.

So I was finally in the right track with PJ. Would have posted more had I got to my ward, as it stands I was in the hospital corridor at the time. Got killed just when I got a bed FFS.

Yes grumpy... Looking at you, all innocent when I accused you a couple of days. Well done on the win. And during office party day that was great!

Won't hold it against ya and we still meet for drinks next week lol.

Would you believe the feckers wake you at 5.45 here? It's 6.15 and already had breakfast lol. A consultant is coming to see me this morning. Hopefully it's not too serious and no heart surgery required. After seeing old ECG they thinking narrow artery rather than blocked. Here is hoping!

Sorry I couldn't post properly this game. The company went live in Malta and I have had so much to do. This week and next week will be /were just mental. 15 hour working days etc. All my summer days sitting on the beach are but a distant memory lol.

Well played wolves, well played.
    Hopefully have more time for the next game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Good job mods... sorry i died so early, would have loved to been in while tge walkers played out.

Loved mick's move. Didnt work out in the end and had some flaws but the balseyness was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Great game mods.

Not sorry uri

Sorry p*

Sorry molly

Will someone please confirm me as bg now.

Oh lads, FYI grumpy is negan.

Pter wrote: »
    Great game mods.

Not sorry uri

Sorry p*

Sorry molly

Will someone please confirm me as bg now.

Oh lads, FYI grumpy is negan.

You forgot the biggest sorry!!!

Sorry MrsF

I don't care what necro or jayop say, you are a wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Jayop wrote: »
    Molly you have to remember at all times there only needed to be one walker alive for them to eventually convert anyone. I started planning that with them having a convert every turn but when I crunched the possible numbers they pissed it every time. That's why I had to cut it back to a single convert every second turn.

Had barney survived one more turn I think they'd have won.

how do you crunch the numbers?

Pter wrote:
    I don't care what necro or jayop say, you are a wolf.

I loved when the power went to your head. The backrooms were so much fun. I'll feel like I live there after next month as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

how do you crunch the numbers?

Put them in a bag and stomp on it, like smashing up cornflakes!

So guys, what do we do now?

So guys, what do we do now?

:( I know. Usually the day after for me is reading all the backroom threads... But I've done it already!

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote:
    I loved when the power went to your head. The backrooms were so much fun. I'll feel like I live there after next month as well!

I was a nervous wreck in the backroom though.

Twas all bravado

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

So.....

When are we starting the next game :D

(Oh come on, you're all thinking the same thing )

Last week in oct.

Exact start date tbc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

giphy.gif

Anything to be said for another mass Necro? Sure just move the game forward! Sunday start?

Well the next question will probably be Thurs or Sunday start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    Well the next question will probably be Thurs or Sunday start.

Sunday, defo too hard to get ppl involved at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sunday, defo too hard to get ppl involved at the weekend

I would like a Thursday one, be nice to get into the meat over a weekend but I get your point. Some people will have no time or plans in place

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Hi, guys. So much to discuss but real life making me real busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Necrominus wrote: »
    I will say, I had higher hopes for the shared comms room. It had potential for great back and forth banter but I get why people were cagey.

I would have had so much fun with shared comms were i not a sub! When I saw the days between Negan's last post and my recruitment wouldn't give me away I decided I had to stay quiet to give no clues.

I actually hate low posting as a strategy, it gives nothing to the game, but it was the only way I could see to be consistent enough to not raise eyebrows after being dropped in to sub

You guys post WAY too much it took me forever to even begin to work out what was going on.

P* you deserved the win in this game, you were spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I would have had so much fun with shared comms were i not a sub! When I saw the days between Negan's last post and my recruitment wouldn't give me away I decided I had to stay quiet to give no clues.

I actually hate low posting as a strategy, it gives nothing to the game, but it was the only way I could see to be consistent enough to not raise eyebrows after being dropped in to sub

You guys post WAY too much it took me forever to even begin to work out what was going on.

P* you deserved the win in this game, you were spot on

A worthy foe were you and pj. Ya stayed strong throughout and to be fair I wasnt so sure about you when stu reveal his karl name.

Advertisement