Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

The first pick is always the toughest, usually a total shot in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Guffy wrote: »
    Dafuq is this?

ohyou-thought-this-was-a-serious-session-better-step-across-the-hall.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pter wrote: »

I propose barring a very sure baddie target, we sacrifice the low posters instead.

Nice way to protect yourself to be fair. Nice strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    We are now almost a full day into the game and the following people need to start posting. Less than 10 posts at this stage is bad. Im not willing to scapegoat someone who is posting for the lynch just because we dont have enough to go on to kill low posters. Roled goodies can get more than 10 posts without giving their role away.

Pter wrote:
    I propose barring a very sure baddie target, we sacrifice the low posters instead.

I don't disagree necessarily about them needing to post more, BUT its only 11 am Sunday, people are always quieter on weekend starts. It doesn't help us, but it's a reality

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

duffman13 wrote: »

Excellent 3rd post.

Im not protecting myself. Not in the long run. Fact of the matter is i have posted enough that there is evidence to be interpretted. Low posters have not, so can coast by with relative impunity. You wanna start playing, start posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I don't disagree necessarily about them needing to post more, BUT its only 11 am Sunday, people are always quieter on weekend starts. It doesn't help us, but it's a reality

Less than 10 posts? Even with a weekend start we can set the bar higher than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I agree with this, not everyone is going to have been able to post too much yesterday because we didn't know about the Saturday start. If we get to tomorrow and there are still very low posters then I will agree with suspecting some of the low poster to some extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

duffman13 wrote: »

I believe the point of this strategy is to get the low posters talking. This helps in two ways, they escape the death zone, and we get to examine more posts.
    The more you talk the more you tell. A mute gives us nothing and is a burden to the rest of us. No free rides here, its the zombie Apocalypse.

Less than 10 posts? Even with a weekend start we can set the bar higher than that.

It's a weekend start that wasn't entirely expected though Pter. I think people probably planned for Sunday and might've had things on Saturday evenings so they weren't posting too much.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I agree with this, not everyone is going to have been able to post too much yesterday because we didn't know about the Saturday start. If we get to tomorrow and there are still very low posters then I will agree with suspecting some of the low poster to some extent.

I don’t believe anybody on a team is not aware of the game. If I was a wolf or goodie I would be Making sure my members are available to get involved!

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    I don’t believe anybody on a team is not aware of the game. If I was a wolf or goodie I would be Making sure my members are available to get involved!

I meant rolled goodie on a team (dont know if editing posts is banned)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Excellent 3rd post.

Im not protecting myself. Not in the long run. Fact of the matter is i have posted enough that there is evidence to be interpretted. Low posters have not, so can coast by with relative impunity. You wanna start playing, start posting.

Was my 4th post actually, I posted just above you. I got access to post here last night and was out. It's a Sunday morning, a bit patience doesn't hurt. You'll have enough posts to interpret throughout the day. Feels like your looking for scapegoats to take eyes of you tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

IT IS.

Don't make me break out the paddle.

Necrominus wrote: »
    IT IS.

Don't make me break out the paddle.

Look at me learning to think before breaking the rules. Can I be rewarded with a couple of bullets to shaken up this town?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Rule 10
    10) DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS.

Right, so you're saying that the baddies or roled people are aware of the game and are deliberately low posting? One could easily flip that and say that baddies would be aware of the game and then post more to avoid being in the low poster zone.

What about those who aren't roled and weren't aware?

Drumpot wrote:

But you would have no way to achieve that if they're not online?
    Anyway that's beside the point, If we have no contribution from these people by eod then let's go for them. But for right now its not outside the realm of possibility that some of them are asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Good morning all. Will be absent most of today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Look at me learning to think before breaking the rules. Can I be rewarded with a couple of bullets to shaken up this town?!

How about a hearty handshake instead?

handshake-stunner-o.gif

Barney92 wrote: »
    Right, so you're saying that the baddies or roled people are aware of the game and are deliberately low posting? One could easily flip that and say that baddies would be aware of the game and then post more to avoid being in the low poster zone.

What about those who aren't roled and weren't aware?

I think the wolves have been active the last day or so. Whether that’s on thread or in the back room is difficult to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just to point out. The wolves would keep themselves above whatever arbitrary number ye set.

The NRV's who just don't care wont.

Thats if a certain number is set. No posts + votes is suss but low posts on its own would generally help us kill our nrv/canon fodder

Just to point out. The wolves would keep themselves above whatever arbitrary number ye set.

The NRV's who just don't care wont.

Thats if a certain number is set. No posts + votes is suss but low posts on its own would generally help us kill our nrv/canon fodder

But if we have no real target and it’s a choice of a high poster who at least must be leaving some clues or a low poster giving us nothing, surely a low poster makes more sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

But if we have no real target and it’s a choice of a high poster who at least must be leaving some clues or a low poster giving us nothing, surely a low poster makes more sense?

Depends on how you view it i guess. If you set a number the wolves will go over it, dont you think?

Drumpot wrote:

A low poster can just as easily be a roled villy laying low.

I'm not saying no to getting low posters, I'm saying no to it right now!
    It's the weekend dude, chill!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Constructive criticism then, provide an alternative. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Pters plan but it is A plan and we could probably do with tatting to agree on one early. If not that, what do you propose? Blind vote? A dreaded #FFA?

(Pre-empt answer for newbies; an FFA is when everyone posts their three top suspects. In theory, the three with the most votes are then voted on to lynch tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i would be inclined towords a blind vote. maybe give 3 suspeects, dont say which one your voting for.

now that all depends on you having 3 suspeects. i have 0 so far

Depends on how you view it i guess. If you set a number the wolves will go over it, dont you think?

Guys, I am not saying that we go after low posters, I am saying we need to get people posting. If they think they will be killed for not posting it might force them out of the shadows.

We cant get anything good or bad from people not posting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i would be inclined towords a blind vote. maybe give 3 suspeects, dont say which one your voting for.

now that all depends on you having 3 suspeects. i have 0 so far

Really? I have 28 or so :P

partyjungle 9
    Barney92 9
    sofireland 8
    mahamageehad 6
    duffman13 5
    destroyer 5
    Loughc 4
    MrsFlushdraw 3
    Amandadon 3
    patrickSTARR 1
    Mollyb60 1
    Stu Redman 1
    Ectoplasm 1

all posters under 10. anything to say guys?

• Advertisement

now, it is sundday morning and probably alot pf people were out last night and in bed ot hungover

Advertisement