Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Drumpot wrote: »
    Guys, I am not saying that we go after low posters, I am saying we need to get people posting. If they think they will be killed for not posting it might force them out of the shadows.

We cant get anything good or bad from people not posting.

No EDIT OPTION!

Actually I was saying we go after low posters , I meant that we need to get people talking so we can start at least try and make some semi informed decisions on who to burn and why to burn them.

And without Necro, we need everybody posting to get this thread above 1000!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

i would be inclined towords a blind vote. maybe give 3 suspeects, dont say which one your voting for.

You know me, I love a blind vote (with reasons given after)

now, it is sundday morning and probably alot pf people were out last night and in bed ot hungover

That didn't stop Skeith and Tigger tearing through the thread ! ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

No EDIT OPTION!

Actually I was saying we go after low posters , I meant that we need to get people talking so we can start at least try and make some semi informed decisions on who to burn and why to burn them.

I completely agree on getting people posting, but not sure 'going after them' on the first morning is the best approach. It certainly is an approach alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No EDIT OPTION!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

what are the strategies for lynching tonight?

try to find out why tigger was killed, who he intereacted with, who avoided him, etc
    random
    something else presents itself in the next 9 hours or whatever it is

Necrominus wrote: »
    giphy.gif

tumblr_ml35ss13we1s87uxuo1_500.gif?w=782

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tumblr_ml35ss13we1s87uxuo1_500.gif?w=782

tumblr_mx3mkxUB8Z1rqtfr5o1_400.gif

what are the strategies for lynching tonight?

try to find out why tigger was killed, who he intereacted with, who avoided him, etc
    random
    something else presents itself in the next 9 hours or whatever it is

I think we all need to goto Halfords, get our front bulb of the car fixed, get a new charger for our iPhone and regroup later to eventually lynch whoever the wolves have convinced us is bad . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

That didn't stop Skeith and Tigger tearing through the thread ! ! :D

Yeah but am I the only one thinking there was an ulterior motive for that volume of posts last night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apologies for the lack of posts I was at a wedding yesterday I rather when this game takes place during work precious time and not my time :(

Anyway I have my sword sharpened and I am ready for some walkers hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Pter wrote: »
    Less than 10 posts? Even with a weekend start we can set the bar higher than that.

:P Speak for yourself, Alcohol is a strict mistress and her sister Hangover is a bigger b¡tch!

Ok, I've read back through all the posts that happened after I left and there wasn't much substantial. Tigger being offed is interesting. I had not read on him yet. He was either killed as a role hunt, or killed because he's dangerous and already outed a wolf. Or maybe killed coz baddies could pick teams and he was a likely target? I'm going to go through his posts now to see. That's our best bet I think.

Other than that, very little reads so far. One or two pinging bad but I need to reread to actually see why. Defo not enough for an FFA yet.

Necrominus wrote: »
    tumblr_mx3mkxUB8Z1rqtfr5o1_400.gif

1407d698a7be312dfb072a5a90249002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Good morning. I actually feel worse than death today. When am I going to realise that Im too old for day long benders? The child was christened. He seemed mostly indifferent to the whole thing. The gifs are hurting my eyes.

RIP Tigger. I'll be looking at his posts closer when my brain kicks in. He's not always right but his instincts are good which I reckon is why he was munched this morning.

Discussion of low posters is a bit ridiculous. I had plans yesterday and last night as a lot of people will have on a Saturday night. Much as I love WW I'm not changing my weekend for it. If people are still quiet tomorrow then by all means start looking at them but til then it seems like a deflection.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

duffman13 wrote: »
    Yeah but am I the only one thinking there was an ulterior motive for that volume of posts last night?

Mentioned it earlier. Keith was spamming posts and, near the end, brought up the topic of low post counters....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mentioned it earlier. Keith was spamming posts and, near the end, brought up the topic of low post counters....

Yep as the poster above stated bringing up low post count on a weekend seems daft. It definitely seems like a deflection tactic.

partyjungle 9
    Barney92 9
    sofireland 8
    mahamageehad 6
    duffman13 5
    destroyer 5
    Loughc 4
    MrsFlushdraw 3
    Amandadon 3
    patrickSTARR 1
    Mollyb60 1
    Stu Redman 1
    Ectoplasm 1

all posters under 10. anything to say guys?

Hang on, let me post one more time before I reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Lord TSC wrote: »

I still need to read back what was said last night, can't remember a wink of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

going for low posters on the first lynch is not the way to go, surely we could get a move accurate read of someone who has posted a lot than someone who hasn't.

That aside, we need a lynch strategy tonight were we can at least get info from going forward.

Kolido wrote: »
    going for low posters on the first lynch is not the way to go, surely we could get a move accurate read of someone who has posted a lot than someone who hasn't.

That aside, we need a lynch strategy tonight were we can at least get info from going forward.

we're not going after them, just encdouraging them to post

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »

the only stategy i can see is from tiggers psots. there;s nothing else to go on except random,

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep as the poster above stated bringing up low post count on a weekend seems daft. It definitely seems like a deflection tactic.

Ruling it out seems daft. There is a team working together to pick out targets.

Night one lynch is always a potshot . . Your assumption is that from day 2 people will post more, which isn't always the case. But that aside there are only so many strategies people can take in the first lynch -

- Post count
    - Interaction with the munched
    - Take something from the person munched
    - Take out old grievance from another village and get somebody you just don't like munched

Part of the problem is that we didn't get any confirmation of whether or not Tigger is good or bad so we don't know what context, if anything, we can take from him , his accusations or interactions were from a good or bad perspective.

Is no lynch supposed to be an option? It isn't on the lynch form. I would be inclined to skip a random lynch with very little to go on.

Is no lynch supposed to be an option? It isn't on the lynch form. I would be inclined to skip a random lynch with very little to go on.

its actually not a bad tactic on 1st lynch, unless we have something to go on. if its a random lynch for the sake of a lynch the odds are on us lynching a villager

Part of my problem with a No lynch strategy is that its hard to learn anything from it . . Also its easier for people to blend in when there is no skin in the game . . And every village I goto I sort of like the excitement at knowing my time might end every night or morning . .

I have voted "No lynch" on many occasions and even doing that can offer people clues later on in a game, but once the STRATEGY is not No lynch. .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If anyone would care to reread my post about low posters, you will find I said in the absence of a better plan, we are better off going after someone who hasn't contributed rather than someone who has.

Talking about low posters isn't rediculous. If you are in that bracket you aren't contributing. So in the absence of a better lead, this is our best option imo.

Open to correction on it, but saying ah sure I couldn't post is grand. But we will still arrive at the lynch with a huge group of posters not having contributed, if we accept that explanation without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Pter wrote: »
    Woops forgot the list.

partyjungle
    sofireland
    Barney92
    mahamageehad
    destroyer
    Loughc
    MrsFlushdraw
    Amandadon
    duffman13 2
    Stu Redman
    Ectoplasm
    patrickSTARR
    Mollyb60

Is that all the low posters

tritium wrote: »

pj now has more than 10. he's safe

tritium wrote:

That was the posters with less than 10 at the time I posted it

• Advertisement

pj now has more than 10. he's safe

No. He isn't. It's not just numbers of posts it's content.

This strategy doesn't rule me out. Because the next step is we all get to look at each other's posts for clues or patterns. Including mine.

But how can you spot a pattern from 2 or 3 posts? Or 8 posts of fluff and banter.

Advertisement