Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Loughc wrote: »
    Apologies for the lack of posts I was at a wedding yesterday I rather when this game takes place during work precious time and not my time :(

Anyway I have my sword sharpened and I am ready for some walkers hunting.

Which wolf team did you get in the draw, since you only seem interested in walkers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don’t tend to post that often so post quality should mean more. There’s definitely clues about who people are if you look into post history. Good people are easier to spot and the bad guys will want to remain under the radar for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

There is no 'no lynch' option in the lynch form and no voting is a no no with the mods, so that rules that out I guess.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tritium wrote: »
    Which wolf team did you get in the draw, since you only seem interested in walkers?

I’m not on a wolf team. I’m hunting walkers. So should all of ye if ye want the village to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I’m not on a wolf team. I’m hunting walkers. So should all of ye if ye want the village to win.

why arent you also hunting wolves?

• Advertisement

Is no lynch supposed to be an option? It isn't on the lynch form. I would be inclined to skip a random lynch with very little to go on.

This is almost never a good strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hunting walkers seems a long shot at this stage since there is only one of them. There are 5/6 wolves around depending on what Tigger was. One thing we can be almost sure of is that Tigger was almost certainly not the BG.

why arent you also hunting wolves?

That’s what the Lynch is for and that’s when I will be hunting them.

There is only 1 walker atm, and up to 6 wolves, better chances hunting the wolves right now.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Hunting walkers seems a long shot at this stage since there is only one of them. There are 5/6 wolves around depending on what Tigger was. One thing we can be almost sure of is that Tigger was almost certainly not the BG.

When or do we find out what Tigger was?

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    There is only 1 walker atm, and up to 6 wolves, better chances hunting the wolves right now.

Yea good point. But if we don’t keep some focus on the walker their number will rapidly increase.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Presumably we won't, or it would have been done quickly.

Unless the Priest comes out (which he, obviously, shouldn't yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Presumably we won't, or it would have been done quickly.

Unless the Priest comes out (which he, obviously, shouldn't yet).

i dont think it will ever be announced. thats why we have priest and apprentice

We don't find out, not right now, only the priest(s) know atm assuming he was good or the walker, if he was bad, the priest(s) and his team mates are the only ones to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Loughc wrote:
    Yea good point. But if we don’t keep some focus on the walker their number will rapidly increase.

So you are suggesting we hunt the Walker now when he/she is hard to find, instead of the wolves, who are easier to find, so that the walkers numbers don't grow to the point when walkers will be easy to find.

Pter wrote: »
    So you are suggesting we hunt the Walker now when he/she is hard to find, instead of the wolves, who are easier to find, so that the walkers numbers don't grow to the point when walkers will be easy to find.

No. I’m not suggesting that. Wolves should be easier to get at the moment.

We won't unless the priest comes out. They shouldn't do this. Maybe if Tigger was the walker they might appoint an apprentice and then reveal to us that there are no walkers.

I'm saying tigger probably wasn't the bodyguard because he wasn't protected.

pj now has more than 10. he's safe

0 posters must be missing. Dont think everyone has posted

There definitely haven’t been 30 people posting in here yet.

28/30 have posted, will have to go back and check the roster to see who has yet to post.

• Advertisement

28/30 have posted, will have to go back and check the roster to see who has yet to post.

Cross is one, still working on the second

Wow it didn’t seem to be that many posting. I’ve only noticed about 10 posters in the thread. The rest haven’t made any impact so.

Cross is one, still working on the second

Yep cross and BJ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

My theory on it is Tigger and sKeith were part of opposing evil teams vying for the first kill based on the number of filler posts throughout the night. Presumably Keith won and decided to take out Tigger on the basis there was no indication of a walker. That's my working theory at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I agree with this, not everyone is going to have been able to post too much yesterday because we didn't know about the Saturday start. If we get to tomorrow and there are still very low posters then I will agree with suspecting some of the low poster to some extent.
    Yep as the poster above stated bringing up low post count on a weekend seems daft. It definitely seems like a deflection tactic.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Good morning. I actually feel worse than death today. When am I going to realise that Im too old for day long benders? The child was christened. He seemed mostly indifferent to the whole thing. The gifs are hurting my eyes.

RIP Tigger. I'll be looking at his posts closer when my brain kicks in. He's not always right but his instincts are good which I reckon is why he was munched this morning.

Discussion of low posters is a bit ridiculous. I had plans yesterday and last night as a lot of people will have on a Saturday night. Much as I love WW I'm not changing my weekend for it. If people are still quiet tomorrow then by all means start looking at them but til then it seems like a deflection.

duffman13, Guffy, Loughc, Triceratops Ballet

I'm just highlighting people really against the low post strategy. Not a silver bullet by any stretch, but an interesting note that may show a pattern later on in the game.

Barney, unless there is a person who hasn't posted, everybody knows the game is on so the "they didn't know" excuse is not valid.

And as I said, there are at least 3 x 3 teams which I feel means that at least one third of the group know the game is on . . Also, we all got PMs of our roles (assuming I am not the only NRV who got a PM), so unless people haven't been on boards at all since yesterday afternoon, I feel whie its not impossible, its more unlikely that people are unaware of the game.

With regards to people hungover or just doing weekend stuff, I think people in groups are either being active or inactive, based on whatever strategy they feel is best. A wolf could drop into his lair and get up to speed very quickly on events, but I do believe at least one wolf per group would be active on some level...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Pter wrote: »
    No. He isn't. It's not just numbers of posts it's content.

This strategy doesn't rule me out. Because the next step is we all get to look at each other's posts for clues or patterns. Including mine.

But how can you spot a pattern from 2 or 3 posts? Or 8 posts of fluff and banter.

So far the pattern that I'm spotting in yours is a hard on for low posters. You mentioned it in one of your earliest posts and you've kept on about it. Could be a strategy, get your wolf team to post a lot while knowing that a weekend start will result in quite a few low posters.

This is almost never a good strategy

Yeah actually considering hitting an NRV isn't the end of the world, its probably worth a punt.

Drumpot wrote: »

I'm just highlighting people really against the low post strategy. Not a silver bullet by any stretch, but an interesting note that may show a pattern later on in the game.

Barney, unless there is a person who hasn't posted, everybody knows the game is on so the "they didn't know" excuse is not valid.

And as I said, there are at least 3 x 3 teams which I feel means that at least one third of the group know the game is on . . Also, we all got PMs of our roles (assuming I am not the only NRV who got a PM), so unless people haven't been on boards at all since yesterday afternoon, I feel whie its not impossible, its more unlikely that people are unaware of the game.

With regards to people hungover or just doing weekend stuff, I think people in groups are either being active or inactive, based on whatever strategy they feel is best. A wolf could drop into his lair and get up to speed very quickly on events, but I do believe at least one wolf per group would be active on some level...

I believe there are two who haven't posted. People might be aware that it has started early, but previous plans might be preventing them from posting or interacting much.

Drumpot wrote: »

I'm just highlighting people really against the low post strategy. Not a silver bullet by any stretch, but an interesting note that may show a pattern later on in the game..

Lord TSC was against the low post count as well interesting you didn’t mention him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ectoplasm wrote:
    So far the pattern that I'm spotting in yours is a hard on for low posters. You mentioned it in one of your earliest posts and you've kept on about it. Could be a strategy, get your wolf team to post a lot while knowing that a weekend start will result in quite a few low posters.

One of my earliest posts. At the very start of the game. On the first page. Right.

It was a joke yesterday, it's valid today. WE NEED INFORMATION ON EVERYONE. NOONE GETS A FREE PASS TO NOT CONTRIBUTE.

So yes me asking low posters to post is a thing. But better now than an hour before the Lynch when someone who has contributed might be wrongfully up.

Advertisement