Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Drumpot wrote: »
    duffman13, Guffy, Loughc, Triceratops Ballet

I'm just highlighting people really against the low post strategy. Not a silver bullet by any stretch, but an interesting note that may show a pattern later on in the game.

Barney, unless there is a person who hasn't posted, everybody knows the game is on so the "they didn't know" excuse is not valid.

And as I said, there are at least 3 x 3 teams which I feel means that at least one third of the group know the game is on . . Also, we all got PMs of our roles (assuming I am not the only NRV who got a PM), so unless people haven't been on boards at all since yesterday afternoon, I feel whie its not impossible, its more unlikely that people are unaware of the game.

With regards to people hungover or just doing weekend stuff, I think people in groups are either being active or inactive, based on whatever strategy they feel is best. A wolf could drop into his lair and get up to speed very quickly on events, but I do believe at least one wolf per group would be active on some level...

I never said I was against it? I just felt it was a deflection tactic from Pter. Also that it was early in the game to be sweating about post counts, I'd expect it to much busier today during the afternoon and I was encouraging patience. Also personally I only got access at 8 or so last night and was out. Presumably a lot of people have plans on a Saturday night.

Although I'd be concerned with people who have zero posts at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    Lord TSC was against the low post count as well interesting you didn’t mention him.

Was I? I posted once about that Keith was pushing it slightly, and once that we'd need alternatives if we didn't follow Pters plan, but I don't remember actively arguing against the idea....
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mentioned it earlier. Keith was spamming posts and, near the end, brought up the topic of low post counters....
    Constructive criticism then, provide an alternative. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Pters plan but it is A plan and we could probably do with tatting to agree on one early. If not that, what do you propose? Blind vote? A dreaded #FFA?

(Pre-empt answer for newbies; an FFA is when everyone posts their three top suspects. In theory, the three with the most votes are then voted on to lynch tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Pter wrote: »
    One of my earliest posts. At the very start of the game. On the first page. Right.

It was a joke yesterday, it's valid today. WE NEED INFORMATION ON EVERYONE. NOONE GETS A FREE PASS TO NOT CONTRIBUTE.

So yes me asking low posters to post is a thing. But better now than an hour before the Lynch when someone who has contributed might be wrongfully up.

The problem with it as a strategy is that it's easy to boost post counts with gifs and filler. Also by drawing attention to it, it makes it easier for the wolves to ensure they don't fall below whatever arbitrary number is deemed low.

Also I need food but am unable to leave the house - due to hordes of zombies obviously and not my pathetic hungover self - any suggestions?

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Also I need food but am unable to leave the house - due to hordes of zombies obviously and not my pathetic hungover self - any suggestions?

Dominos deliver from 12, it's the easiest hangover/zombie solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The problem with it as a strategy is that it's easy to boost post counts with gifs and filler. Also by drawing attention to it, it makes it easier for the wolves to ensure they don't fall below whatever arbitrary number is deemed low.

1idv66.jpg

Drumpot wrote: »
    1idv66.jpg

J'accuse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Order food delivered

Genuinely didn't know about daytime deliveries. This could end very badly for me.

Morning all. RIP Tiggs x

It's probably safe to assume that tiggs isn't one of the following roled players -

Abraham - BG
    Negan - Team Neg
    Gavin - Team Neg
    Dwight - Team Neg

Something about the trit, tiggs and yoss interaction is bugging me. There's a roled player in there somewhere but good/bad, I dunno. I'll have more time later to go through scenarios.

We don't have QB for spreadsheets and FFAs! Anyone care to volunteer?

• Advertisement

Genuinely didn't know about daytime deliveries. This could end very badly for me.

The dominos meal deal on a Sunday around 12.30 is a staple of any serious Saturday night party person. It's dangerous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

After a a lot skittles and 6 too many Gin and Tonics, I feel this is my current best theory.

The walkers are zombies, led by the original. They are known as walkers.
    Walker is also used as a common catch all term for zimmerframe (although not a strictly correct term to use)

81HsAtia%2BbL._SX355_.jpg

Now we also know that two types of people commonly use walkers (the frail and elderly AND the frail and elderly zombie), such as in this image

00000.m2ts_snapshot_00.45.05_[2012.10.14_15.25.05].jpg_14102012&width=600

It is also fair to say that many frail and elderly (and frail and elderly zombies) are often grandparents. Quite often grandfathers like this guy:

latest?cb=20140318133110
    Now this leads us to an important place. Here in the land of Boards.ie WW, all of us (though perhaps excluding the noobs (so listen up noobs for a history lessson)) know that the Grandad of this place is our very own Jayop. So working backwards we have Grandad Jayop, frail and elderly (zombie or otherwise) all the way back to WALKER.

Therefore when we follow the line we get Jayop = WALKER!!!
    OF course that doesn't help us, cos grandaddy is in a home with necromancer pulling all the strings, so he can't be the walker....

But, grandaddy is sitting at the breakfast table with necromancer like this:

76804b7a667680eadca3fe7e51b5494d04836ad107a5e61ae09aa8d43033a54d.jpg

and hatches a plan,
    and then he's like all:

18qgdk.jpg

And now the villager has jayo.26.
    Therefore, we follow the line to version.26 we can say that the clone is the...
    black.walkers.logo.svg

Making me the

Walker_Stalker_Olympia_Logo.png?itok=3UnLyVb2

Remember folks

TIM-WALKER-ALL-_Page_6.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a spreadsheet set up but it’s saved in Work. I thought we were going live tomorrow. I can get on it for tomorrow.

Morning all. RIP Tiggs x

It's probably safe to assume that tiggs isn't one of the following roled players -

Abraham - BG
    Negan - Team Neg
    Gavin - Team Neg
    Dwight - Team Neg

Something about the trit, tiggs and yoss interaction is bugging me. There's a roled player in there somewhere but good/bad, I dunno. I'll have more time later to go through scenarios.

We don't have QB for spreadsheets and FFAs! Anyone care to volunteer?

I'm very stupid today. I get the bodyguard thing but why not Team Neg?

Pmsl

Caught up on the main event, I'm hopefull that was a good result for the village.

Also the sun is shining here uuuuuugh

I'm very stupid today. I get the bodyguard thing but why not Team Neg?

Team Negan had the first kill so presumably wouldn't kill one of their own

Well yes that would make sense.

Must read more carefully.

Necrominus wrote: »
    The village was ablaze with controversy, memes and gifs during the first day. Many fingers had been pointed in many directions.

The Saviours had heard enough of the nonsense. They wanted to show that they meant business. That they were....Negan.

tumblr_o4rrxag8I51rkbi4ao5_500.gif

The order had been made, and Simon and Dwight would carry out Negan's orders. They spotted a lone individual, who was shambling home from the ramshackle public house that had been erected in the early hours of Saturday night. Simon grabbed him from behind and Dwight clubbed him over the head with a brick.

They dragged them into the woods nearby and put an end to him with four bullets in his head, ensuring there would be no return.

TheDeadBody.gif~c200
    Tigger has been killed by The Saviours.

Cos they would kill one of their own, would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Someone order a pizza?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I see we brought over some bad habits from the last game on IPB :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

*FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD MOD ALERT*

Please folks, no further discussion on receiving PMs about roles or their content. Nipping this in the bud before it steamrolls.

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Necrominus wrote: »
    *FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD MOD ALERT*

Please folks, no further discussion on receiving PMs about roles or their content. Nipping this in the bud before it steamrolls.

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Very frosty, probably minus six

We don't get told good or bad?

Where you expecting to get told with a priest in play?

Guffy wrote: »
    Shocked tigger is gone. He normally lasts a while to help find the other team, no?

There was talk of him being the walker. Not sold on it but if he was the priest, imo, should come now and let us know before the scheduled walker turn. Its the only time we can believe him.

Trit would be the person from his lost that i am most suspicious of... not actually sure if it was tigger or keith who mentioned trit but either way.

Also suss on drumpot given how the tried to nonsense tiggers musings rather than offer thoughts on them.

Why would you be shocked the wolves took tigger out he is a high profile target. Maybe the highest?

The bolded bit the only person who would know for sure if the walker was dead is the priest and you want them to come out to confirm it before a turning that can never happen if the walker is dead??????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Where you expecting to get told with a priest in play?

Don't wanna be too meta, but most of my previous lives, we'd get told good or bad, and he priest was to say what roles were gone from the field of play. I think I've only been in one life where we didn't get the alignment.

Don't wanna be too meta, but most of my previous lives, we'd get told good or bad, and he priest was to say what roles were gone from the field of play. I think I've only been in one life where we didn't get the alignment.

O right my bad, I feel like your part of the furniture now :D

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Yes. I know. But after night one how do we know if a priest isnt a walker? I may be missing something here.... is there an announcement of a turning? That would invalidate my whole point tbh

we discussed this last night.

The Walkers: The living dead are here and their goal is to convert each and every person regardless of allegiance into one of them. They are all detectable by Seer with the exception of the original Walker and can convert anyone to join their group. Once converted he person loses all original power they had, if they were in any of the other teams they will loss access to their forums and join the walker forum. The walker team start with one single walker and they can recruit once every second turn at lynch time.

There has been no lynch yet so no one can be turned

Advertisement