Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

we discussed this last night.

The Walkers: The living dead are here and their goal is to convert each and every person regardless of allegiance into one of them. They are all detectable by Seer with the exception of the original Walker and can convert anyone to join their group. Once converted he person loses all original power they had, if they were in any of the other teams they will loss access to their forums and join the walker forum. The walker team start with one single walker and they can recruit once every second turn at lynch time.

There has been no lynch yet so no one can be turned

I think both of my posts that you quoted answers the bolded part.

I was shocked that tigger was munched for 2 reasons.

1. As i said in the post, he is often left alive on game 1 imo to help weed out the bad other team.

2. He is a high profile target and prime candidate for bg protection.

Guffy wrote: »

1. As i said in the post, he is often left alive on game 1 imo to help weed out the bad other team.

Surely you would check things out a little before advising our priest to come out.

Trigger is never bg protected tbf, but besides that its hardly shocking a wolf team took the chance to take him out especially if they thought he was roled. Like a few of us pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I see we brought over some bad habits from the last game on IPB :rolleyes:

Is talking about food the bad habit?

sKeith wrote: »
    Is talking about food the bad habit?

I'll say yes but you know what im on about :P

Surely you would check things out a little before advising our priest to come out.

Trigger is never bg protected tbf, but besides that its hardly shocking a wolf team took the chance to take him out especially if they thought he was roled. Like a few of us pointed out.

How often has tigger been taken out day 1? For someone who is such a huge target how often has it been done. I appreciate this may be skirting the meta so will leave it there if you wish or the mods instruct, but you asked why i was shocked tigger was the first to go and this is the reasoning behind it. Maybe shocked was to strong a word, surprised may have been more apt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What time do we need to get the vote in for the first Lynch?

To add im willing to hold up my hands on the priest call. It was a bad call. It didnt say either way about announcements in the op i should have nust assumed they would rather than they wouldn't

Ahh, i think i get you now

Pissed my shiny pants just can't help himself , its in his DNA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Loughc wrote: »
    What time do we need to get the vote in for the first Lynch?

It's in the rules. Lynch at 9

To add im willing to hold up my hands on the priest call. It was a bad call. It didnt say either way about announcements in the op i should have nust assumed they would rather than they wouldn't

It wasn't a bad call.

It was a shocking call.

To the Asylum with you guffington

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Ahh, i think i get you now

Pissed my shiny pants just can't help himself , its in his DNA

I've zero idea what you and mickaleen are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Tigger wrote: »

I'm gonna call him Jeremy

Guffy no he was a wolf last game
    Ecto was a wolf last game
    Lordy was a wolf last game
    I think that that has biased someone who is new
    Mick I think is acting guilty again

It was your team was ecto a wolf last tyke ?
    Why would roles in a previous game bias someone?
    That sounds lame and slightly silly.
    You a bad guy too?

Anyway I know nothing about previous games here so no bias.

Uriel. wrote: »
    It wasn't a bad call.

It was a shocking call.

To the Asylum with you guffington

Ergo im a wolf and must be lynched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Whats everyones opinion on an FFA today?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Kolido wrote: »
    Whats everyones opinion on an FFA today?

i dont rhink we gave enough info to do a worthwhile one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

2:42

And no actual plan in sight :/

Ergo im a wolf and must be lynched :)

nah I am not quite in that ridiculous train of thought... yet
    mistakes can happen, firing from the hip can happen, a holistic view is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lads what's an FFA? Anyone want to give a quick explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

i dont rhink we gave enough info to do a worthwhile one

Doing them might give us some info though. Day 1 is always a bit of a crapshoot but looking at who nominated who and what the voting patterns are might be useful in the next few days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

duffman13 wrote: »

Everyone names their top three suspects. Top three vote getters are our main suspects for tonight's vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

duffman13 wrote: »

You pick three people who you suspect. So does everyone else (although not everyone does). These are all counted up and the three people who appear in the most people's FFAs are up to be voted for in the lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Everyone names their top three suspects. Top three vote getters are our main suspects for tonight's vote.

Cheers, no harm in it tonight! No harm in getting and idea of where people are leaning. Haven't seen many people put out theories and it might open a few lines of questioning

destroyer wrote: »
    Why would roles in a previous game bias someone?
    That sounds lame and slightly silly.
    You a bad guy too?

Anyway I know nothing about previous games here so no bias.

He was tying to rationalize where you poked thos 5 names out other than your ass. You some on and list 5 people as bad with 0 explanation.
    You were asked by 2 people, me and strawberyy IIRC to expand on your list, give reason, but you come back and just expand by spelling all their usernames correctly. Normally when you accuse someone, you at least give a reason, you cannot lynch someone by yourself, you have to show others your reasoning behind why these people are bad. If others agree with your reasoningf, then you might just get these bad guys lynched. Just supplying a list of bad guys with no reasoning and refusing to give reasoning is a reason I am mistrusting you, and I'm letting everybody know the reason for this mistrust. you can turn this around though, by showing me a better candidate, with reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Trigger Is the walker

Uri, yoss and Peter are the baddest of baddies

Mick out

yo mick. can you expand on this please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

In terms of whether Tigger was good or bad, if you were on the other wolf team, would you not want him dead whether he was a villager or rival? If he figured out who was a rival wolf , as such an intuitive player couldn't he gain credibility as a villager by getting rivals lynched?

yo mick. can you expand on this please

Well as you may have guessed I believe Trigger to be the walker :pac:

You was mainly down to what trit pointed out and your very clinical reasoning when defending yourself. But Ive gone off this now tbh

Petr and Uri I wanted to rattled thier cages a little to see if they would reply and what they said.

Uri is hard to get a read on as he is mr cryptic

I just felt Petr was up to something yesterday but couldn't work out what as there are no tasks to be done. Ive no idea if there was anything in it as he seems normal today so maybe just day 1 jauntz.

Also it was a little late and I feel like I know things when I get a little late :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Pter wrote: »
    Less than 10 posts? Even with a weekend start we can set the bar higher than that.
    partyjungle 9
    Barney92 9
    sofireland 8
    mahamageehad 6
    duffman13 5
    destroyer 5
    Loughc 4
    MrsFlushdraw 3
    Amandadon 3
    patrickSTARR 1
    Mollyb60 1
    Stu Redman 1
    Ectoplasm 1

all posters under 10. anything to say guys?

Hey everyone, I can't promise too many posts today. Although the zombie apolcalypse has happened I decided them kids of mine need an education and they are starting tomorrow and I am trying to break into a few houses to round up stuff and make sure I am sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Also RIP Tigger, pretty crap that the Body Guard didn't defend him I can only assume they protected themselves, but surely they must know Tigger would be a high target? he nails folks right away and is always dangerous to have around.

Pretty crap though if you are Tigger though but try to console yourself M8 that they all fear you!

Guffy, Ecto, Yossie, MickJag, Lord TSC are bad guys.
    Sorry, I travel alone.
    Guffy, Ectoplasm, y0ssar1an22, MicksJaguar and Lord TSC are bad guys. :)

Now that you have an example from Mick, on what we mean by 'care to expand', would you care to explain your reasoning as to why you have chosen to name these players as bad guys?

• Advertisement

partyjungle 9
    Barney92 9
    sofireland 8
    mahamageehad 6
    duffman13 5
    destroyer 5
    Loughc 4
    MrsFlushdraw 3
    Amandadon 3
    patrickSTARR 1
    Mollyb60 1
    Stu Redman 1
    Ectoplasm 1

all posters under 10. anything to say guys?

I'm a newb, work nights at the weekends, make up for it with sleep into the weekend afternoons. I signed up to support jayop who we all love over in another forum.

I have spent hours reading this thread, older game threads (to try to help me catch on) and the rules in the hope of catching up/copping on. Commitment I don't even show to the OH :pac:

I'll continue trying in the meantime.

Advertisement