Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

So far, when I think of someone that may be on a wolf team I have the other side of the coin that could make them a good player too.

This is my problem too. Everytime I think I've spotted something suspicious I then think it could be a roled goodie.

Looks like it's going to be a blind vote. Anyone cast theirs yet?

I can't see in the rules if we are allowed to change our votes (I haven't voted yet). What's the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

These are all his main accusation posts, he goes for Trit, Mick, Drumpot, Barney. Only mentions Barney once, but the others a few times. He flips on yosser a few times, calls him good and bad. Thinks if y0sser is bad, Kodi(?) and Molly are. I can't tell if the Mick thing is in jest or not. :confused:

I thought Barry was me too, but it's actually Drumpot. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one sKeith please? I seem to remember Drumpot getting a weird nickname. Might've been someone else though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Looks like it's going to be a blind vote. Anyone cast theirs yet?

I can't see in the rules if we are allowed to change our votes (I haven't voted yet). What's the story with that?

In the words of some guy who was probably famous:

'Vote Early - Vote Often.'

You can change your vote as many times as you like.

I dunno about the multiple votes but they usually tell us if its a once only thing right?
    Does a blind vote help the village or the roled goodies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

It's important I feel that we don't lose sight of one particular mechanic of this game. It's not a new one, but still Important. The fact that the third baddie on each team was chosen by the said team.

That naturally brings a certain level of meta into the game.

Sadly, I am thinking of the tactic respective teams would have used for their picks. Obviously it depends to Some degree as to who are the first two players on each team (noobs might not know other players with history etc)

Putting myself into the bad teams shoes l, for example, I wouldn't pick Tigger, too likely to be gone early (as we've seen).

My picks would probably be cross, excellent at staying under the radar as a baddie.

Trit, usually goes deep into the game, though never a baddie before so uncertainty as to how he'd play the role.

Well dweller always a good shot for smart baddie play.

Sorry that it's meta but the mods have introduced a potential element of meta with that particular mechanic

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I dunno about the multiple votes but they usually tell us if its a once only thing right?

I'd be somewhat against a blind vote, not sure we can afford to lose any roled players due to an early lynch. I like the idea of us deciding on a few people by 7/8 and then they can defend themselves. It could force a claim or two.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'd be somewhat against a blind vote, not sure we can afford to lose any roled players due to an early lynch. I like the idea of us deciding on a few people by 7/8 and then they can defend themselves. It could force a claim or two.

That's my concern. I'm up for an FFA is others are?

Not up for a blind vote myself either, not just because of hitting good roled players but information gathering needs to start on day 0 in my opinion. Blind votes hamper that to a large degree

Drumpot wrote: »
    Be careful putting yourself on LordTSC radar . . .

The last noob on his radar was in the deadroom quicker then something you can imagine is really really quick. . . . But then imagine that the Noob got to the deadroom twice as quick as the really quick thing you imagined .

That's fast, like faster than the rate Pter was posting in here yesterday.

I will tread carefully, I'm just looking at all angles. He could likely be as presented - Helpful and pure of heart.

You've heard the saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"? Well, I tend to be able to give you a reconstruction of said horse's dental structure after receiving a gift. It could be my downfall though.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    It's important I feel that we don't lose sight of one particular mechanic of this game. It's not a new one, but still Important. The fact that the third baddie on each team was chosen by the said team.

That naturally brings a certain level of meta into the game.

Sadly, I am thinking of the tactic respective teams would have used for their picks. Obviously it depends to Some degree as to who are the first two players on each team (noobs might not know other players with history etc)

Putting myself into the bad teams shoes l, for example, I wouldn't pick Tigger, too likely to be gone early (as we've seen).

My picks would probably be cross, excellent at staying under the radar as a baddie.

Trit, usually goes deep into the game, though never a baddie before so uncertainty as to how he'd play the role.

Well dweller always a good shot for smart baddie play.

Sorry that it's meta but the mods have introduced a potential element of meta with that particular mechanic

I was just about to post about this, and think it might be a better method for picking lynch candidates early on, rather than just choosing low posters. Tigger I would've been tempted to pick because it's better to have him on your team than against you generally. Cross would be one of my top three choices too I reckon and guffy too. I'd be tempted to pick a completely new person too as they would be less suspected.

So FFA in by 7.30? Gives people a couple of hours to come up with one and some time for those at the top to defend themselves before the lynch.

So FFA in by 7.30? Gives people a couple of hours to come up with one and some time for those at the top to defend themselves before the lynch.

Sounds good to me. I won't be able to compile them in today unfortunately but someone else might be kind enough.

Sounds good to me. I won't be able to compile them in today unfortunately but someone else might be kind enough.

I can compile them if people do them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At the moment, I'm leaning towards (in no particular order).

Keith - all the spam does nothing to help the village at all. The best case scenario is he was fluffing up his post count.
    Trit - Been a bit quiet today, but his early role hunting yesterday, coupled with the reasonings behind going after Tigger and Yoss (also, might be convenient he got his hits in on Tigger before he got munched)
    Guffy - Felt this morning as if a lot of posts were very contrivied; calling for the priest to out themselves quickly.

Unless something massive changes, I'll likely be registering a vote for one of those three, but I'm not solid on any yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

So Tigger was looking at Drumpot and we know he usually has good initial reads. I think in the absence of a better candidate we should lynch Drumpot tonight

I can compile them if people do them

Right so, cheers Ecto.

I may throw mine into the ring then.

#FFA1
    crosstownk - would've been an obvious choice for a teammate, but that could mean that they weren't chosen for that very reason

guffy - helped destroy a previous village and so would've been a solid choice

mrsflushdraw - something didn't sit right with me about her post about Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I thought Barry was me too, but it's actually Drumpot. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one sKeith please? I seem to remember Drumpot getting a weird nickname. Might've been someone else though.
    Dunno bout that one Barney, he specifically says "dumpot and Barry".
    Tigger wrote: »
    See dumpot and Barry are probably the wolves and I think yoz is rick or at least one or th goodies
    Both or neither depending on how you look at it. FFA gives baddies places to hide coz they can use reasoning from others, but blind vote means that we could lose one of our good roles because the don't even know that they're being targeted so can't defend themselves. Also theoretically wolves could block vote but that'd be a stupid move on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

no ffa for me. if you are doing 1, try to at least have valid reasons for your picks.

re the tigger/skeith back and forth last night, if that is your reason for voting skeith you may as well drop it:

'The characters themselves are not aware of these challenges so they are not something to look for'

I never will agree on a ffa on day one

• Advertisement

Right so, cheers Ecto.

I may throw mine into the ring then.

#FFA1
    crosstownk - would've been an obvious choice for a teammate, but that could mean that they weren't chosen for that very reason

guffy - helped destroy a previous village and so would've been a solid choice

mrsflushdraw - something didn't sit right with me about her post about Tigger

What that he has a nose for picking wolves???

Yeah good idea, I must be bad. You saving a team mate?

Dunno bout that one Barney, he specifically says "dumpot and Barry".

Both or neither depending on how you look at it. FFA gives baddies places to hide coz they can use reasoning from others, but blind vote means that we could lose one of our good roles because the don't even know that they're being targeted so can't defend themselves. Also theoretically wolves could block vote but that'd be a stupid move on day 1.

Silly me, I'll go back and check who it actually was so.

sKeith wrote: »
    barry is duffman?

Barry is duffman, knew it was beginning with d.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Its funny i dont make an ffa as a wolf but do as an nrv. At this point of time i shall be voting for trit. Have quoted keiths post earlier on that which is pretty much my own reasoning too

Well remembered, urine.

I'd be inclined to go for an established player. Probably trit first (needs his cherry popped, he does), Barney, yosser and mamma.

I would have picked you too, urine but seeing as you've brought the subject up. I'm not as suspect off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I didn't know that about duffman but I voted for him earlier and I won't be changing barring a wolf or Walker reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Barry is duffman, knew it was beginning with d.

Ah ok perfect thanks!

FFA1
    Guffy
    Cross
    Trit

Would have had guffy third, but on account of earlier suggestion of a priest reveal (by itself wouldn't have gotten him my vote), his lol wouldn't do an FFA if I was a wolf thing (bit too much effort there IMO) and the fact he'd be a solid pick for a wolf team

Cross and Trit are there for the solid pick reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

no ffa for me. if you are doing 1, try to at least have valid reasons for your picks.

re the tigger/skeith back and forth last night, if that is your reason for voting skeith you may as well drop it:

'The characters themselves are not aware of these challenges so they are not something to look for'

Fair enough but how would the backroom teams "win" the first kill. I would have thought it would be some on thread challenge or something? Not necessarily one of the challenges the mods were talking about in the OP?

• Advertisement

are we compiling a list of who we could pick If we were a wolf or are we choosing 3 possible wolfs from posts so far?

Advertisement