Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Fair enough but how would the backroom teams "win" the first kill. I would have thought it would be some on thread challenge or something? Not necessarily one of the challenges the mods were talking about in the OP?

I had a dream once where such challenges were administered in the backrooms rather than in the live game thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Well remembered, urine.

I'd be inclined to go for an established player. Probably trit first (needs his cherry popped, he does), Barney, yosser and mamma.

I would have picked you too, urine but seeing as you've brought the subject up. I'm not as suspect off you.

I'd be the opposite I think, I'd go for a noob because no-one has a frame of reference for them. I would avoid those considered "good" wolves too because it's obvious - that'd be Cross or Keith.

Urine wasn't the first to bring that point up though, think it was Mick. I'm going back to the start now to reread so I'll double check that. Trying to safelist Uriel though, interesting!

are we compiling a list of who we could pick If we were a wolf or are we choosing 3 possible wolfs from posts so far?

Approach your FFA however you wish.
    Mines a mix and my top choice is because of posts so far plus the top wolf's pick thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Uriel. wrote: »
    I had a dream once where such challenges were administered in the backrooms rather than in the live game thread

Cool story, more asking the question as it's my first game and I'm probably seeing things that aren't there. No harm poking though

duffman13 wrote: »
    Cool story, more asking the question as it's my first game and I'm probably seeing things that aren't there. No harm poking though

Huh?

Do you think I'm lying about my dream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Huh?

No no, just think it's a cool story. Wish I got enough sleep to dream tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

FFA1
    Guffy
    Cross
    Trit

Would have had guffy third, but on account of earlier suggestion of a priest reveal (by itself wouldn't have gotten him my vote), his lol wouldn't do an FFA if I was a wolf thing (bit too much effort there IMO) and the fact he'd be a solid pick for a wolf team

Cross and Trit are there for the solid pick reasons

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

guffy, how do you feel about being no. 1 in uriels FFA?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You bring these videos and gifs on yourselves people.

Huh?

It might be because I'm new in these parts, but you seem to be talking like a potential seer in a lot of your posts in here. I don't think you're a wolf.

• Advertisement

Seems like im going into a lot of ffa's here. Bandwagon? If the priest ever gets out with the info or even if its believed.... look at who creates it and who jumps on.

Im an nrv so not overly pushed on being lynched. Doesnt hurt village, just reduces numbers. While not ideal at least rick and his crew or the other 3 arent at risk.

guffy, how do you feel about being no. 1 in uriels FFA?

Indifferent

Trit how do you feel about being no. 1 in my ffa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Guffy wrote:
    Indifferent

Yoss how does guffys response make you feel?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jesus the deflection going on now.

Loughc wrote:
    Jesus the deflection going on now.

Yoss has been doing it all day. ALL DAY. Just for the record.

*wolves scramble to give yoss a new tactic*

it appears there are people being put on FFA's cos they are good players so would be a good pick for the wolves. which is true.

would the wolves try the bluff, and not pick them?

or the old double bluff and pick them?

or maybe the dreaded triple bluff, and so on.

the wolves could just as easily picked players who have played alot but not considered 'good players'* , or indeed new players.

basically a silly reason for choosing them on your FFA IMO.

*we're all good players. there have only been a few incidents of brilliant play if my dreams serve me right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Jesus as I read back I'm suspicious of everyone. Yer all shady characters.

Pter wrote: »
    Yoss how does guffys response make you feel?

pretty indifferent as well. just trying to get some convo going. i have no read on anyone yet

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Its funny i dont make an ffa as a wolf but do as an nrv. At this point of time i shall be voting for trit. Have quoted keiths post earlier on that which is pretty much my own reasoning too
    Guffy wrote: »
    ???

This

Too much effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

it appears there are people being put on FFA's cos they are good players so would be a good pick for the wolves. which is true.

the wolves could just as easily picked players who have played alot but not considered 'good players'* , or indeed new players.

*we're all good players. there have only been a few incidents of brilliant play if my dreams serve me right.

Maybe fair enough yoss, but come up with three good reasons to put someone on your FFA, based on the very very little information we have now.

Yoss has been doing it all day. ALL DAY. Just for the record.

example

Barney92 wrote: »
    Maybe fair enough yoss, but come up with three good reasons to put someone on your FFA, based on the very very little information we have now.

i have no reads on anyone yet, hence no FFA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

i have no reads on anyone yet, hence no FFA

But it's silly for people to guess who they think someone would've chosen? If you've no reads on anyone who are you going to vote for?

I realise guessing who people would pick could be a long shot but it has worked in the past.

or as I said, it depends on the first two players on each team.

But we can't dismiss the mechanic out of hand either. You can think bluff, double bluff, treble bluff, quadruple bluff about every mechanic and aspect of the WW. Plus you can also take a holistic view. One aspect of a player's game might not be sufficient to suspect them, but the sum of all moving parts...

I never like players who are so quick to dismiss lines of inquiry immediately out of hand

welcome to the suspect list.

*wolves scramble to give yoss a new tactic*

what was my previous tactic?

This

Too much effort

Lol... effort would have been going through peoples posts and creating a narritive for an alternate.

That was tap reply and type whatever i was thinking at the time, as is this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A FFA on day 1 is too much guess work and it just gives the wolves a chance for putting out a villager name out there to put doubt on them while deflecting attention from themselves.

The FFAs showing one or two similar picks might show an interesting pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm doing a readback now so this may change but I'm suss of Trit right now. He came in here super strong yesterday, then he disappears. He was also on Tigger's list. SM trying to safelist Uriel seems odd. sKeith is also gone fierce quiet. That Sunday bloody sunday post was also strange. This isn't an FFA yet, just my initial thoughts.

Advertisement