Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

It might be because I'm new in these parts, but you seem to be talking like a potential seer in a lot of your posts in here. I don't think you're a wolf.

I am not the seer.
    Would like to see your evidence for me being seer though.

PS unless you're on a bad team, pointing out potential seers is not a good move for team village.

Not sure if just a noob or if you are wolfy as ****.

to be considered further.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

what was my previous tactic?

Ask everyone how they feel about someone else's post.

'start a conversation' without actually adding to the conversation.

Deflecting from yourself while appearing helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Pter wrote: »
    Ask everyone how they feel about someone else's post.

'start a conversation' without actually adding to the conversation.

Deflecting from yourself while appearing helpful.

its the best i could come up with given we have nothing to go on

Loughc wrote: »
    A FFA on day 1 is too much guess work and it just gives the wolves a chance for putting out a villager name out there to put doubt on them while deflecting attention from themselves.

The FFAs showing one or two similar picks might show an interesting pattern.

You seem to be writing off FFAs as a useful village tool...

and then suggesting FFAs could produce "interesting pattern"(s)...
    interesting position.
    very interesting position.
    a wolf confused of the best tactic to pursue...????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Uriel. wrote: »

interesting position.

Tbf i think hes right. Voting the ffa is a waste of time day 1... but who people posted is valuable

• Advertisement

its the best i could come up with given we have nothing to go on

Others are finding ways of actually expressing opinions, putting their feelings out there and not just appearing to be helpful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

interesting position.

I’m suggesting the people who were quick to give their FFAs smell dodgy af.theres not enough to go on to name 3 people on day one.

If I was a wolf I’d happily give 3 names.

Loughc wrote:
    I’m suggesting the people who were quick to give their FFAs smell dodgy af.theres not enough to go on to name 3 people on day one.

Cough duffman cough

Others are finding ways of actually expressing opinions, putting their feelings out there and not just appearing to be helpful.

well i'm not trying to appear as being helpful, i'm just posting whatever when the need arises without think too much about it

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Lord TSC wrote: »
    At the moment, I'm leaning towards (in no particular order).

Keith - all the spam does nothing to help the village at all. The best case scenario is he was fluffing up his post count.
    Trit - Been a bit quiet today, but his early role hunting yesterday, coupled with the reasonings behind going after Tigger and Yoss (also, might be convenient he got his hits in on Tigger before he got munched)
    Guffy - Felt this morning as if a lot of posts were very contrivied; calling for the priest to out themselves quickly.

Unless something massive changes, I'll likely be registering a vote for one of those three, but I'm not solid on any yet...

Whos your favoutite Lord, of the flies, of the rings or the dance?

• Advertisement

Whos your favoutite Lord, of the flies, of the rings or the dance?

mine is TSC

well i'm not trying to appear as being helpful, i'm just posting whatever when the need arises without think too much about it

Well I'd love to hear how you feel more rather than seeing you ask others how they feel.

Well maybe as well as asking them that. But so far it's asking about feelings and filler. It's a great combo to look helpful but it's like Chinese food. It doesn't sate my appetite for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

If we dont do an ffa, whats the alternative. We will have data from an ffa. But no point half doing ffa and half blind voting, we ned everyone on board.

I'd be the opposite I think, I'd go for a noob because no-one has a frame of reference for them. I would avoid those considered "good" wolves too because it's obvious - that'd be Cross or Keith.

Urine wasn't the first to bring that point up though, think it was Mick. I'm going back to the start now to reread so I'll double check that. Trying to safelist Uriel though, interesting!

We haven't had our first lynch yet. We're only just starting to get names together and there's only a few hours to go.

You think you've found a team in urine and I and are off to check stuff. Seriously, if we were a team, why the hell would I be mentioning him at such an early stage in the game? There would be no need.

I also believe that tigger, trit and yoss wouldn't be on a team for the exact same reason. Too much dialogue between yoss and tigg when they could just ignore each other.

My FFA
    Trit - he would be my first suggestion and a recruit for a team because he's never been a wolf before
    Barney - has the ability to play both good and bad roles without really changing their posting style. Definitely would be on some recruit lists.
    Mamma - knows how to play the game. Is she bringing my name into this as I had her and a possible teammate in my initial list of 4? Needs to take the heat off perhaps?

Well I'd love to hear how you feel more rather than seeing you ask others how they feel.

Well maybe as well as asking them that. But so far it's asking about feelings and filler. It's a great combo to look helpful but it's like Chinese food. It doesn't sate my appetite for long.

once again, i dont have a read on anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cough duffman cough

Haha I put two people out there with reasons even if those reasons were somewhat flawed based on the responses I got. Master of deflection Pter, I like your style.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

A FFA on day 1 is too much guess work and it just gives the wolves a chance for putting out a villager name out there to put doubt on them while deflecting attention from themselves.

The FFAs showing one or two similar picks might show an interesting pattern.

This is a big issue I have with the FFA... I find that people can throw out names and it can put the idea in people’s heads that if they are suspected then there might be something to it. I have never been bad but I’ve seen how baddies can throw out names without any explanation and start a wave of terror against them.

It can be done in the name of “shaking trees” but it has the potential to sway people if you write something that could be taken up as “wolf like”. Sure wasn’t he also on people’s FFA or didn’t somebody somewhere also target that guy?!

I am seldom suspicious of more then 2 people at a time but on day 1 and sometimes 2 I sometimes haven’t any concrete leads at all. Tonight is no exception so I feel it’s important we all vote for our one candidate. If you want to share that candidate then fine, but if you don’t that’s fine. That includes no lynch and you can explain later why.

In terms of wolves ganging up , unless both teams communicate with each other I think they are just as in the dark as we are with regards to votes.

So to summarize, I have no obvious target, don’t know what’s the best strategy and haven’t anything else constructive to add.... at least we know I am probably not too of the walkers list to turn !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

If I was a wolf I’d happily give 3 names.

If I were a wolf I'd be tempted to wait until the idea of an FFA actually picked up. Then you could try and blend in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Drumpot wrote: »
    In terms of wolves ganging up , unless both teams communicate with each other I think they are just as in the dark as we are with regards to votes.

They don’t need to communicate with each other. Just one team alone can vote for one person 3 votes right away. A couple of people pick up on their ffa picks and you could end up with 5 or 6 votes without much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I dont think there is a no lynch option Drumpot

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote:
    Haha I put two people out there with reasons even if those reasons were somewhat flawed based on the responses I got. Master of deflection Pter, I like your style.

I'm singing the same song I've been singing all day pal. You were the one who got het up about low posters being looked at, you were the one who tried to deflect it back on me.

I am not the seer.
    Would like to see your evidence for me being seer though.

PS unless you're on a bad team, pointing out potential seers is not a good move for team village.

Not sure if just a noob or if you are wolfy as ****.

to be considered further.

Evidence is 'hunchy' at best, but your 'dream' post sealed the hunch for me. In previous posts you were using terms such as 'hollistic' and other words that remind me of a 'seeing' character from a popular RPG-ish game, which you might have played, or not. Thankfully I'm not trying to present this evidence to an actual court of law :pac:

As for the rest of your post - Yes, my faults can mostly be attributed to being a newb and trying to gain a knowledge of the game. I did reckon before making that post that revealing a seer might be a bad thing, unless I am bad, but I thought that ruling out someone as a wolf might be a good thing for some people. I'm confused, but I'll get there.

I don't think you have any reason to fear me, although now that you've revealed that you're not the seer, I may have reason to fear you. Will have to reread your posts with fresh eyes and knowledge. Mostly though, I'm just highly confused!

On that note, to all posters who could possibly help me here - The vote tonight, we're basically going on our gut for this one and/or the suspicions of other more prolific posters?

They don’t need to communicate with each other. Just one team alone can vote for one person 3 votes right away. A couple of people pick up on their ffa picks and you could end up with 5 or 6 votes without much effort.

Do you Not think wolves would be stupid to vote together?

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I dont think there is a no lynch option Drumpot

Well there goes my number one target :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ok folks I have returned from the wilds of Tipperary and am caught up with the thread (just about). Really kinda pissed that people are shouting about low posters already. AFAIK this game was starting today at 6pm as usual. I don't normally drive and type at the same time so today has been spent driving from zombie tipperary to zombie belfast.

Fair enough people want to shake branches and get people posting but that's kinda pointless if people are in no position or state to be following a thread. There is zero point shaking branches if the people you're targeting aren't actually here to respond.

Following on from that and from the (admittedly very little) that been happening so far, I think I would be most suspicious at this point of Drumpot and Pter for jumping up and down all day for the low posters thing. It's a really easy discussion point that they can rally around to keep their post counts up but doesn't really go anywhere and can be dropped quickly when things turn around. Micks post #699 basically sums up a lot of what I'm thinking about Pter.

My last suspicion would be Loughc for the whole 'hunting walkers' thing around post #609. Just doesn't really sit right with me.

So FFA#1 for me is:
    Drumpot
    Pter
    Loughc

Evidence is 'hunchy' at best, but your 'dream' post sealed the hunch for me. In previous posts you were using terms such as 'hollistic' and other words that remind me of a 'seeing' character from a popular RPG-ish game, which you might have played, or not. Thankfully I'm not trying to present this evidence to an actual court of law :pac:

As for the rest of your post - Yes, my faults can mostly be attributed to being a newb and trying to gain a knowledge of the game. I did reckon before making that post that revealing a seer might be a bad thing, unless I am bad, but I thought that ruling out someone as a wolf might be a good thing for some people. I'm confused, but I'll get there.

I don't think you have any reason to fear me, although now that you've revealed that you're not the seer, I may have reason to fear you. Will have to reread your posts with fresh eyes and knowledge. Mostly though, I'm just highly confused!

On that note, to all posters who could possibly help me here - The vote tonight, we're basically going on our gut for this one and/or the suspicions of other more prolific posters?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXBnIMXfvvps7tJWrzNI1XI_n6jZolsr0qxY9rUaW2yzoB0o5w8Q

Stu - unless you're on a team and can get their feedback on a vote choice, then you really can only go with what you know/what your gut tells you.

If you don't believe that the prime suspects are bad then make your own choice. But you have to OWN that decision and be prepared to back it up.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ok folks I have returned from the wilds of Tipperary and am caught up with the thread (just about). Really kinda pissed that people are shouting about low posters already. AFAIK this game was starting today at 6pm as usual. I don't normally drive and type at the same time so today has been spent driving from zombie tipperary to zombie belfast.

Fair enough people want to shake branches and get people posting but that's kinda pointless if people are in no position or state to be following a thread. There is zero point shaking branches if the people you're targeting aren't actually here to respond.

Following on from that and from the (admittedly very little) that been happening so far, I think I would be most suspicious at this point of Drumpot and Pter for jumping up and down all day for the low posters thing. It's a really easy discussion point that they can rally around to keep their post counts up but doesn't really go anywhere and can be dropped quickly when things turn around. Micks post #699 basically sums up a lot of what I'm thinking about Pter.

My last suspicion would be Loughc for the whole 'hunting walkers' thing around post #609. Just doesn't really sit right with me.

So FFA#1 for me is:
    Drumpot
    Pter
    Loughc

200_s.gif

@ redman. people use dream to refer to past games. there's no hidden agenda with that, be it good or bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm doing a readback now so this may change but I'm suss of Trit right now. He came in here super strong yesterday, then he disappears. He was also on Tigger's list. SM trying to safelist Uriel seems odd. sKeith is also gone fierce quiet. That Sunday bloody sunday post was also strange. This isn't an FFA yet, just my initial thoughts.
    gone fierce quiet
    lmao.

catching up, so will give you my ffa and reasons when i get there.
    unless something changes in the posts stil lfet to read it'll be destroyer, trit and p*. see you when i catch up.

Advertisement