Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ok folks I have returned from the wilds of Tipperary and am caught up with the thread (just about). Really kinda pissed that people are shouting about low posters already. AFAIK this game was starting today at 6pm as usual. I don't normally drive and type at the same time so today has been spent driving from zombie tipperary to zombie belfast.

Fair enough people want to shake branches and get people posting but that's kinda pointless if people are in no position or state to be following a thread. There is zero point shaking branches if the people you're targeting aren't actually here to respond.

Following on from that and from the (admittedly very little) that been happening so far, I think I would be most suspicious at this point of Drumpot and Pter for jumping up and down all day for the low posters thing. It's a really easy discussion point that they can rally around to keep their post counts up but doesn't really go anywhere and can be dropped quickly when things turn around. Micks post #699 basically sums up a lot of what I'm thinking about Pter.

My last suspicion would be Loughc for the whole 'hunting walkers' thing around post #609. Just doesn't really sit right with me.

So FFA#1 for me is:
    Drumpot
    Pter
    Loughc

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pter wrote: »
    I'm singing the same song I've been singing all day pal. You were the one who got het up about low posters being looked at, you were the one who tried to deflect it back on me.

If you feel that way then fair enough but as I said earlier, look back at that post you put up calling out slow posters. I'd just started posting in the post just before yours. I didn't get hot about low posters I just said give them time.

This was my response to you earlier
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Was my 4th post actually, I posted just above you. I got access to post here last night and was out. It's a Sunday morning, a bit patience doesn't hurt. You'll have enough posts to interpret throughout the day. Feels like your looking for scapegoats to take eyes of you tbh

You yourself said this only about 90 mins before:
    I would suggest most are quiet either because of nights out/hangovers, or because no one wants to pop their head up just before a wolf munch first day action.

Within 90 mins you went from making excuse for people not posting to calling out slow posters. I also never said I had an issue with people being called out just I felt it was a little early. Curious as to whether Tigger being bumped off made you change your approach? A quick U turn on a Sunday morning made me suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Following on from that and from the (admittedly very little) that been happening so far, I think I would be most suspicious at this point of Drumpot and Pter for jumping up and down all day for the low posters thing. It's a really easy discussion point that they can rally around to keep their post counts up but doesn't really go anywhere and can be dropped quickly when things turn around. Micks post #699 basically sums up a lot of what I'm thinking about Pter.

So you got home, caught up, took notes, formed your opinion and then referenced someone else's post to express that opinion. Weak sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I honestly don't have time to follow the thread with all the stuff been posted so donno if im missing anything or don't even know what I'm looking out for ha. I feel it unfair for me to vote for people cause im only guessing.

Where do I vote? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hey all,

As I stated before game starts, i would be away today.

Can someone summarise todays events without me having to go through pages of sh*te

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I honestly don't have time to follow the thread with all the stuff been posted so donno if im missing anything or don't even know what I'm looking out for ha. I feel it unfair for me to vote for people cause im only guessing.

Where do I vote? ;)

IMG_3257-300x280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey all,

Can someone summarise todays events without me having to go through pages of sh*te

Gif followed by memes followed by more gifs and memmes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hey all,

giphy.gif

Hey all,

Jayop version 26 is the walker and stu is bat **** crazy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey all,

redshirt4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

So you got home, caught up, took notes, formed your opinion and then referenced someone else's post to express that opinion. Weak sauce.

Yeh, I know where my vote goes... I might not be a woman but I feel scorn...

duffman13 wrote:
    Within 90 mins you went from making excuse for people not posting to calling out slow posters. I also never said I had an issue with people being called out just I felt it was a little early. Curious as to whether Tigger being bumped off made you change your approach? A quick U turn on a Sunday morning made me suspicious.

Ok you need to learn the difference between an observation and explanation and call to action for people to post. Just because I can explain why there were so many low posters doesn't mean I was happy to leave it that way.

We did (and still do) need low posters to give us info about them so we can make a call on whether we think they are good or bad. Maybe you should focus on your own opinions and not just react to mine?

Because your defense thus far is 'oh but it's silly to go after low posters early and pter did a u turn which he didn't actually do and you can't just expect people to pick up their post count even though that's what I did after pter called me on it.'

Ive read back four pages now........

Da f*ck?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My notes look like this Petey:
    Mick #699 - says what I want to say about Pter.

Why should I repeat it? Tipperary has infected Molly with their smokey ****e and germs and I'm not allowed drink so I'm grumpier than usual and not gonna take any ****e.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My notes look like this Petey:
    Mick #699 - says what I want to say about Pter.

Why should I repeat it? Tipperary has infected Molly with their smokey ****e and germs and I'm not allowed drink so I'm grumpier than usual and not gonna take any ****e.

If only i had bullets.

Mollyb60 wrote:

I'm sure your buddies in the backroom will cheer you up. Presuming you got your access back

*Shots fired*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Didnt know game was starting, will read back and give you my vote before lynch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

The thing is though Pter it's not necessarily your 'calling out' of low posters that has increased their post count. I've posted more today because I've been available to post more. Your actions had nothing to do with it. I actually think that looking at low posters is a valid strategy but only a couple of days in. On the first day, on a weekend start - a Saturday no less - of a game that people expected to start today, it was a bit of a waste. If people had still been quiet this time tomorrow then there'd be more reason to suspect them but now they're less likely to lurk given all the song and dance about low posters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Didnt know game was starting, will read back and give you my vote before lynch.
    Necro isn't playing

Ectoplasm wrote:
    The thing is though Pter it's not necessarily your 'calling out' of low posters that has increased their post count. I've posted more today because I've been available to post more. Your actions had nothing to do with it. I actually think that looking at low posters is a valid strategy but only a couple of days in. On the first day, on a weekend start - a Saturday no less - of a game that people expected to start today, it was a bit of a waste. If people had still been quiet this time tomorrow then there'd be more reason to suspect them but now they're less likely to lurk given all the song and dance about low posters.

Well then we get more info sooner on more people. Happy days.

• Advertisement

Which is the worst monger? Fish, iron, rumour or war? Pretty clear, that one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Which is the worst monger? Fish, iron, rumour or war? Pretty clear, that one.

Task?

Very gallant of you to come to duffmans aid though electro

I have no FFA tbh

If you want for the absolute top bantz

#ffa1

Cross
    Yosser
    Drumpot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

If only i had bullets.
    I'll never forget Vale.
    giphy.gif
    I'm sure your buddies in the backroom will cheer you up. Presuming you got your access back

*Shots fired*
    No. Just no.
    giphy.gif

Whos your favoutite Lord, of the flies, of the rings or the dance?
    Loughc wrote: »
    Task?

I meant to quote patrick with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ok you need to learn the difference between an observation and explanation and call to action for people to post. Just because I can explain why there were so many low posters doesn't mean I was happy to leave it that way.

We did (and still do) need low posters to give us info about them so we can make a call on whether we think they are good or bad. Maybe you should focus on your own opinions and not just react to mine?

Because your defense thus far is 'oh but it's silly to go after low posters early and pter did a u turn which he didn't actually do and you can't just expect people to pick up their post count even though that's what I did after pter called me on it.'

Good stuff, I started posting because I woke up, not because you called me out. I said in one post that id be worried if people didnt start posting by the afternoon. Thread is moving now although I'm still none the wiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Urine wasn't the first to bring that point up though, think it was Mick. I'm going back to the start now to reread so I'll double check that. Trying to safelist Uriel though, interesting!

Yes! I'm catching up now so I dunno where you're at with this now. I had suspected pissypants earlier, and when I saw him bring up the "who would the wolves pick" thing and claim noone mentioned it before, I definitely suspect him now as I distinctly remember having a convo with someone about it this morning. I'm on mobile now, but I'll try find it later.

I'm restating my suspicions from earlier, Trit, guffy, urine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Well then we get more info sooner on more people. Happy days.

Or people fill up their post counts with fluff and filler giving us very little to go on. It also prevents those who have good roles from laying low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Hi guys. I'm sorry I have been in work all day. I haven't really read Every thing. there is actually too much. From what I have read I believe Tigger was some sort of rolled player. I have a feeling guffy is a rolled player as well but not sure if good or bad. Skeith would be my biggest suspect at the moment. I feel a lot of his posts are nonsense. But as i said I haven't gone threw it all yet so could see something else later.

Advertisement