Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Pter wrote: »
    Very gallant of you to come to duffmans aid though electro

I'm not coming to anyone's aid. I'm suspicious of your motives in banging on about low posters this early on in the game, as I said earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ectoplasm wrote:
    Or people fill up their post counts with fluff and filler giving us very little to go on. It also prevents those who have good roles from laying low.

And we see said fluff and filler and call them on it.

Like the other alternative is for low posters to coast by and we call them on that blindly.

The more info we get early of any type the more our future selves or at least the survivors have to go on.

FYI you can still go after low posters tomorrow or the day after. There are still loads to badger. I'd imagine the alphas are in there somewhere. Holding their second lives closely to their chests, allowing us to get side tracked by whether or not we should call out low posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Yes! I'm catching up now so I dunno where you're at with this now. I had suspected pissypants earlier, and when I saw him bring up the "who would the wolves pick" thing and claim noone mentioned it before, I definitely suspect him now as I distinctly remember having a convo with someone about it this morning. I'm on mobile now, but I'll try find it later.

I'm restating my suspicions from earlier, Trit, guffy, urine

Tigger brought it up first, then later on we had a conversation about it. What lots of people are calling spam between me and tigger was actually a long conversation about the game so far.

Seriously haven't a blues clue who to vote for here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

FYI you can still go after low posters tomorrow or the day after. There are still loads to badger. I'd imagine the alphas are in there somewhere. Holding their second lives closely to their chests, allowing us to get side tracked by whether or not we should call out low posters.

Why would the alphas need to be quiet? If they get peeked they'll reveal as good? Hurrah for them. It's more beneficial for the alphas to be one of the loud posters on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

4.5 hrs to go. i certainly have no inclinations for my vote as of yet. what are people thinking?

Yosser is Definitely a wolf. Any game iv played wolves say this to figure out voting statergies 😅

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Why would the alphas need to be quiet? If they get peeked they'll reveal as good? Hurrah for them. It's more beneficial for the alphas to be one of the loud posters on the thread.

Better yet again to let us pick each other off and be loud when there are fewer voices.

Better on top of that to let your minions do the work, coast by and only get caught closer to end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Amandadon wrote: »
    Yosser is Definitely a wolf. Any game iv played wolves say this to figure out voting statergies ��

certainly not, but by your reasoning anyone who is looking for a voting strategy must be a wolf, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

The attempt to wagon me makes no sense. Think about it for a second. I spot something turn 0 thats wolfey. Do i. A.)go back to my den and tell the others for munchies b.) Being it up later when i can steer a mislynch or c.) Shout it out at the start.

The wagon is useful though cause theres wolves there and you should watch how people on that wagon are behaving

#ffa1
    Dottie the dinosaur
    Urine
    Drumpot (cause hes a wolf)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

tritium wrote:
    Think about it for a second. I spot something turn 0 thats wolfey. Do i. A.)go back to my den and tell the others for munchies b.) Being it up later when i can steer a mislynch or c.) Shout it out at the start.

I don't get what you mean here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    Necro isn't playing

I bet your still top poster

tritium wrote: »
    The attempt to wagon me makes no sense. Think about it for a second. I spot something turn 0 thats wolfey. Do i. A.)go back to my den and tell the others for munchies b.) Being it up later when i can steer a mislynch or c.) Shout it out at the start.

The wagon is useful though cause theres wolves there and you should watch how people on that wagon are behaving

#ffa1
    Dottie the dinosaur
    Urine
    Drumpot (cause hes a wolf)

well it would depend if you are a wolf or not, and if so what wolf team you are on

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

certainly not, but by your reasoning anyone who is looking for a voting strategy must be a wolf, correct?

That's literally how I'm feeling reading threw all the comments everyone seems wolfy to me. I'm actually lost.

Add mahama strawbs and yoss to my list and you have 6 names with at least 2 wolves and then anither roled player if some sort. Id suggest start with that 6

Tigger wrote: »
    Trit amick and dunpot
    The s the suspects
    I think yoz is a goodie
    No one discussed my musings to me I think so how can I be bothered playing
    All we get is tigger is a wolf. Cause he assumed that the backnroom is annonomyons when I ****ing posted Pms to the old s when the rules came out asking about the interactiosna d assuming
    When was the last time the multi team back rooms were not annonomous
    Since starwars they have been
    And
    I was t even gonna play cos except it s annonomous game but jay said it'll be fun so I did and rnecir said it will be the most complex ever so I start thinking all the things and all I gets is peope saying your a wolf or a walker
    Why would I have bee giving advice to the not walkers if I was a walker
    I was trying to get a plan to cats but the turned ones or something
    Dozen matter
    I'll be red in the morning cos I didn't pull the bodyguard and they always protect themselves first night is the y can and they can

This post? 2nd from last paragraph is all I see about turned Ines. But what should the word "cats" really be?

well it would depend if you are a wolf or not, and if so what wolf team you are on

No it wouldnt. I put two players out there, you and tigger who cant be together or youd just post back in the lair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Better yet again to let us pick each other off and be loud when there are fewer voices.

Better on top of that to let your minions do the work, coast by and only get caught closer to end game.

Surely a wolf would never want to get caught?

Both are valid strategies but I think if there are wolves in the low posters then they're in there with a lot of NRV's and rolled villagers. There's therefore no point in going all gung ho about them this early in the game when Day 0/1 is always a slow day. I think it's more likely for a wolf to want to be seen as 'helpful to the village' and put out strategies and latch onto a point to discuss to death. As other people have said, if there's still posters wallowing around the 10 post point 3 days in then that's a valid time to start shouting at them.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Both are valid strategies but I think if there are wolves in the low posters then they're in there with a lot of NRV's and rolled villagers. There's therefore no point in going all gung ho about them this early in the game when Day 0/1 is always a slow day. I think it's more likely for a wolf to want to be seen as 'helpful to the village' and put out strategies and latch onto a point to discuss to death. As other people have said, if there's still posters wallowing around the 10 post point 3 days in then that's a valid time to start shouting at them.

We can agree to disagree. I think we can still revisit the point another day, but I think we have gotten some very useful info today from my post about low posters.

Not gonna drag it out further. The info is there now. That was the intention.

No it wouldnt. I put two players out there, you and tigger who cant be together or youd just post back in the lair

i understood you to mean that if you spotted something wolfy you would have 3 choices/reactions.

i said your choices/reactions would depend on if you were a wolf, which team, if the wolfy thing you spotted were wolf team mates, other wolf team, etc.

• Advertisement

i said your choices/reactions would depend on if you were a wolf, which team, if the wolfy thing you spotted were wolf team mates, other wolf team, etc.

A good point actually. It's in everyone's interests to find wolves. Everyone has a motive to find them.

I don't get what you mean here?

The call out i made between two players who cant be on the same team makes no sense if im a wolf in any universe

Uriel. wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXBnIMXfvvps7tJWrzNI1XI_n6jZolsr0qxY9rUaW2yzoB0o5w8Q

'It' being the ability to not be so condescending to a noob who's just trying to get a grip on how the game works and interact with other posters?
    Uriel. wrote: »
    Jayop version 26 is the walker and stu is bat **** crazy.

To be honest, roles aside, fundamentally we're two noobs in here who responded positively to jayop's request for new players in another non-related forum. Can't speak for Jayo26 directly, but his latest post suggests that maybe he is as overwhelmed as I am with the scope of this game, its mechanics and how fast the thread moves.

I hadn't considered him a walker though, not until now.

i understood you to mean that if you spotted something wolfy you would have 3 choices/reactions.

Except they couldnt be same team, could they? Because they could have that conversation in their lair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Collating FFA info at the moment. Would be easier if people tagged them with #FFA btw, just for future reference :)

trit, not saying your bad, but i'm confudsed by your last few posts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

trit, not saying your bad, but i'm confudsed by your last few posts

Another deflection? Unless your role is as a Liverpool defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Loughc wrote: »
    Task?

No.
    Read the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Surely a wolf would never want to get caught?

Its not easy to blend in, especially in the chaotic first 2 days. Not posting is the easiest way to not stick out unless there are people calling for low posters to speak up . . Its an ideal wolf tactic to suggest at least one (maybe 2) wolves will keep the head down while the other one (or two) will make noises to deflect.

Night 1 is a clustf*ck of hysteria. Any argument against targeting lower
    posters can be counter argued with reasonable grounding.

Night 1 you are less likely to get a rolled good player, by night 3 a wolf can easily blend in, especially if they see the wind of "low post" strategy change. All you are doing by dismissing low post strategies is allowed wolves to do the bear minimum today. And Wolves are hardly going to all going to vote for the same character bringing the spotlight on themselves. If a person has more then 3 votes tonight, straight away that's a bit odd because I don't see any obvious targets . .

And remember, we get a new walker every 2 nights, which means we have no reference point for a lowish poster (early days). Also, people who push for a no lynch strategy should be more of a concern then those pushing for a strategy . . How did you feel about the no lynch strategy ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The call out i made between two players who cant be on the same team makes no sense if im a wolf in any universe

Not true.
    if you are walker, you just highlighted both wolf rival teams.
    if you are on one of teams, you just highlighted other team and walker.

Advertisement