Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

tritium wrote: »
    The attempt to wagon me makes no sense. Think about it for a second. I spot something turn 0 thats wolfey. Do i. A.)go back to my den and tell the others for munchies b.) Being it up later when i can steer a mislynch or c.) Shout it out at the start.

The wagon is useful though cause theres wolves there and you should watch how people on that wagon are behaving

#ffa1
    Dottie the dinosaur
    Urine
    Drumpot (cause hes a wolf)
    well it would depend if you are a wolf or not, and if so what wolf team you are on
    tritium wrote: »
    No it wouldnt. I put two players out there, you and tigger who cant be together or youd just post back in the lair
    i understood you to mean that if you spotted something wolfy you would have 3 choices/reactions.

i said your choices/reactions would depend on if you were a wolf, which team, if the wolfy thing you spotted were wolf team mates, other wolf team, etc.
    trit, not saying your bad, but i'm confudsed by your last few posts
    Loughc wrote: »
    Another deflection? Unless your role is as a Liverpool defender.

how is this a deflection? can you make sense of trit's posts cos i cant

And the "arrrrggghhh, I'm confused" goes on.....

What trit says makes sense. If he is a baddie, why be the first to bring up a perfectly plausible find about rolled names? Just bringing attention on yourself (like I said when responding to mamma).

Tiggs and yoss wouldn't be on same team cos they would have discussed that in private in the wolf room. I don't think tiggs was bad tho. Could be team rick but tiggs thinks yoss is team rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

'It' being the ability to not be so condescending to a noob who's just trying to get a grip on how the game works and interact with other posters?

To be honest, roles aside, fundamentally we're two noobs in here who responded positively to jayop's request for new players in another non-related forum. Can't speak for Jayo26 directly, but his latest post suggests that maybe he is as overwhelmed as I am with the scope of this game, its mechanics and how fast the thread moves.

I hadn't considered him a walker though, not until now.

Stu you need to approach this game differently than normal life. Most of what happens in here is people trying to be deliberately aggressive and argumentative in order to get people talking. The more wolves talk, the more likely they are to slip up and give themselves away. So you have to learn to take everything with a pinch of salt and try not to get too worked up about it. (this is maybe the MOST hypocritical thing I have ever said - I am known to fly off the handle for the least little thing :o)

The game is difficult to keep up with and a lot of people find it impossible to commit to but we keep coming back because it's a lot of fun and we clearly enjoy shouting at each other and getting angry on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

sKeith wrote: »
    He was tying to rationalize where you poked thos 5 names out other than your ass. You some on and list 5 people as bad with 0 explanation.
    You were asked by 2 people, me and strawberyy IIRC to expand on your list, give reason, but you come back and just expand by spelling all their usernames correctly. Normally when you accuse someone, you at least give a reason, you cannot lynch someone by yourself, you have to show others your reasoning behind why these people are bad. If others agree with your reasoningf, then you might just get these bad guys lynched. Just supplying a list of bad guys with no reasoning and refusing to give reasoning is a reason I am mistrusting you, and I'm letting everybody know the reason for this mistrust. you can turn this around though, by showing me a better candidate, with reason.

Just hunches from reading the thread.
    It's pretty hard when I don't know anyone in the game or their form.
    Plus I've had very limited time this week/e and so haven't caught up yet. (You and Tigger filling pages with your ramblings last night didn't help ðŸ¥:-!

Noted some names as I speed read, neglected to put reasoning beside them. :-(

Didn't just pick them out of my ass though, they were genuine suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

'It' being the ability to not be so condescending to a noob who's just trying to get a grip on how the game works and interact with other posters?

To be honest, roles aside, fundamentally we're two noobs in here who responded positively to jayop's request for new players in another non-related forum. Can't speak for Jayo26 directly, but his latest post suggests that maybe he is as overwhelmed as I am with the scope of this game, its mechanics and how fast the thread moves.

Reddog. One piece of advice. Don't get offended, I regularly and consistently take the piss out of players. You should take it as a sign that you and other new players are most welcome to the boards WW family.

Now, pls don't munch me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mollyb60 wrote:
    The game is difficult to keep up with and a lot of people find it impossible to commit to but we keep coming back because it's a lot of fun and we clearly enjoy shouting at each other and getting angry on a regular basis.

THATS A LIE TAKE IT BACK

:D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Stu you need to approach this game differently than normal life. Most of what happens in here is people trying to be deliberately aggressive and argumentative in order to get people talking. The more wolves talk, the more likely they are to slip up and give themselves away. So you have to learn to take everything with a pinch of salt and try not to get too worked up about it. (this is maybe the MOST hypocritical thing I have ever said - I am known to fly off the handle for the least little thing :o)

Molten, stop screwing with the newbs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tiggs and yoss wouldn't be on same team cos they would have discussed that in private in the wolf room.

I'm not following this logic. What would they discuss in a private room rather than public? And why wouldn't they talk publicly about is to deliberately avoid such a scenario like this being discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Stu, if you are getting paranoid, then you are getting the picture . .

Also, the less people respond to your posts the better you blend in . . In my first game, I had to quote my own posts because it was like I was invisible . . I actually had some fund discussions . . With myself . .

What happens in night one is that some of the more experienced players have their suspicions and they go off with their spreadsheets and theories in their "lab". It looks something like
    south-park-s08e13c11-running-some-tests-16x9.jpg?

Then they come to their conclusions and are absolutely certain they have got a wolf, convince everybody else that its a wolf and the crowd lynch a villager . .

One thing O do remember, someone mentioned people who hadn't posted yet, then in the next 10 -15 posts there were 4 or 5 first ones, like people were following the thread closely but not posting.
    Maybe level 1 thinking, but looks suss.

• Advertisement

Yes! I'm catching up now so I dunno where you're at with this now. I had suspected pissypants earlier, and when I saw him bring up the "who would the wolves pick" thing and claim noone mentioned it before, I definitely suspect him now as I distinctly remember having a convo with someone about it this morning.

lol. that infection is really screwing with your brain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I'm voting Drumpot tonight, most likely won't be back on to post tonight. All good tomorrow all things going right.

On tigger again. If he was one of the roles that picked apprentice, since he would have likely been worried he would be killed, I would imagine he picked his before he died.

I'm voting Drumpot tonight, most likely won't be back on to post tonight. All good tomorrow all things going right.

On tigger again. If he was one of the roles that picked apprentice, since he would have likely been worried he would be killed, I would imagine he picked his before he died.

why are you voting for the little drummer boy??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Uriel. wrote: »
    why are you voting for the little drummer boy??

Just purely on the fact I rate tigger and he usually gets one right away. The man has skilz

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've my vote in for Trit at the moment, based on what I've posted over the day.

Its going to be a rough game if the village, again, can't coordinate votes a bit more though. Everyone is gonna be all over the place tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

tritium wrote:
    Except they couldnt be same team, could they? Because they could have that conversation in their lair.

Of course they could, they can stage an interaction so that someone comes along and says what you just said

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not following this logic. What would they discuss in a private room rather than public? And why wouldn't they talk publicly about is to deliberately avoid such a scenario like this being discussed?

Tiggs started off by saying that in their back room the teams shouldn't tell each other who they are and stick to the role names. So that the walker couldn't nab an entire team.
    Yoss joined the convo with him about it as though he knew they would only be using roled names.
    Trit picked up in this questioning how they knew what names they were using in back rooms.
    The OP doesn't mention it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Drumpot wrote: »
    Its not easy to blend in, especially in the chaotic first 2 days.
    Did you read the same game thread I've read? Coz all I saw last night was ****e gif posting and talk about best gigs you've been at. It's more than easy to blend in with that nonsense.
    Not posting is the easiest way to not stick out unless there are people calling for low posters to speak up . . Its an ideal wolf tactic to suggest at least one (maybe 2) wolves will keep the head down while the other one (or two) will make noises to deflect.
    I've agreed already with Pter that it's a valid strategy. I just think it's less likely and I'm happy to agree to disagree with you and him. I just think it's suspicious that you're both continuing to push it. But it means that you're both not likely to be on the same team in my head. Either opposite wolf teams, a wolf and a walker or a wolf and a NRV. I have no clue which one of these it is.

Night 1 is a clustf*ck of hysteria. Any argument against targeting lower
    posters can be counter argued with reasonable grounding.

Night 1 you are less likely to get a rolled good player, by night 3 a wolf can easily blend in, especially if they see the wind of "low post" strategy change. All you are doing by dismissing low post strategies is allowed wolves to do the bear minimum today. And Wolves are hardly going to all going to vote for the same character bringing the spotlight on themselves. If a person has more then 3 votes tonight, straight away that's a bit odd because I don't see any obvious targets . .
    I'm not dismissing the low poster strategy, I'm mostly arguing against it because I'm one of the low posters and I know that it's a) because I thought the game started today at 6pm and b)I was down home for the weekend and didn't have the opportunity to post. I'm giving other low posters the benefit of the doubt. Are you actually advocating to push for a lynch of one of the low posters? It's just as possible that a rolled villager is in the low posters as there is a wolf.
    And remember, we get a new walker every 2 nights, which means we have no reference point for a lowish poster (early days). Also, people who push for a no lynch strategy should be more of a concern then those pushing for a strategy . . How did you feel about the no lynch strategy ?

Who pushed the no lynch strategy? I am never in favour of voting 'no lynch'. It's a waste of an opportunity to find a wolf IMO and I don't even think it should be an option on the voting page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The second woman to follow Tiggers lead . . . He's a cool cat with the ladies it seems. .

Pter wrote: »
    THATS A LIE TAKE IT BACK

:D
    Molten, stop screwing with the newbs

You two will be the death of me.
    Reddog. One piece of advice. Don't get offended, I regularly and consistently take the piss out of players. You should take it as a sign that you and other new players are most welcome to the boards WW family.

Now, pls don't munch me.
    TLDR: Uriel is a dick. Don't pay attention to him.

If ye are still taking names for FFA I will nominate
    Yosser
    Guffy
    Ectoplasm

Did you read the same game thread I've read? Coz all I saw last night was ****e gif posting and talk about best gigs you've been at. It's more than easy to blend in with that nonsense.

I've agreed already with Pter that it's a valid strategy. I just think it's less likely and I'm happy to agree to disagree with you and him. I just think it's suspicious that you're both continuing to push it. But it means that you're both not likely to be on the same team in my head. Either opposite wolf teams, a wolf and a walker or a wolf and a NRV. I have no clue which one of these it is.

I'm not dismissing the low poster strategy, I'm mostly arguing against it because I'm one of the low posters and I know that it's a) because I thought the game started today at 6pm and b)I was down home for the weekend and didn't have the opportunity to post. I'm giving other low posters the benefit of the doubt. Are you actually advocating to push for a lynch of one of the low posters? It's just as possible that a rolled villager is in the low posters as there is a wolf.

Who pushed the no lynch strategy? I am never in favour of voting 'no lynch'. It's a waste of an opportunity to find a wolf IMO and I don't even think it should be an option on the voting page.

i think the no lynch is a good strategy on night 1, unless there is fairly good evidence against someone. from a purely stats pov, a random lynch will result in villager death about 70% of the time

Guffy wrote: »
    Bull ****

¿Que Donde?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Tiggs started off by saying that in their back room the teams shouldn't tell each other who they are and stick to the role names. So that the walker couldn't nab an entire team.
    Yoss joined the convo with him about it as though he knew they would only be using roled names.
    Trit picked up in this questioning how they knew what names they were using in back rooms.
    The OP doesn't mention it at all.

This is really interesting. Does it say anything in the rules about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok. So far I've found #FFAs from the following players:

Skeith
    Triceratops Ballet
    Lord TSC
    tritium
    Uriel
    Molly
    partyjungle
    Strawberry Milkshake

If I've missed anyone can you let me know?

PS. I miss QB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Mollyb60 wrote:

Uriel is also the person we refer to as Urine/Pissy we don't all just have a pee fetish

You two will be the death of me.

Harsh

• Advertisement

Amandadon wrote: »
    This is really interesting. Does it say anything in the rules about this?

no

Advertisement