Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

i think the no lynch is a good strategy on night 1, unless there is fairly good evidence against someone. from a purely stats pov, a random lynch will result in villager death about 70% of the time
    giphy.gif

I don't maths so good. Don't try to convince me with maths. My eyes just glaze over when the statistics start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Uriel is also the person we refer to as Urine/Pissy we don't all just have a pee fetish

Urinary tract infection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

destroyer wrote: »
    If ye are still taking names for FFA I will nominate
    Yosser
    Guffy
    Ectoplasm

I'm still 4 hours or so behind though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is no lynch supposed to be an option? It isn't on the lynch form. I would be inclined to skip a random lynch with very little to go on.
    its actually not a bad tactic on 1st lynch, unless we have something to go on. if its a random lynch for the sake of a lynch the odds are on us lynching a villager
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Did you read the same game thread I've read? Coz all I saw last night was ****e gif posting and talk about best gigs you've been at. It's more than easy to blend in with that nonsense.

I've agreed already with Pter that it's a valid strategy. I just think it's less likely and I'm happy to agree to disagree with you and him. I just think it's suspicious that you're both continuing to push it. But it means that you're both not likely to be on the same team in my head. Either opposite wolf teams, a wolf and a walker or a wolf and a NRV. I have no clue which one of these it is.

I'm not dismissing the low poster strategy, I'm mostly arguing against it because I'm one of the low posters and I know that it's a) because I thought the game started today at 6pm and b)I was down home for the weekend and didn't have the opportunity to post. I'm giving other low posters the benefit of the doubt. Are you actually advocating to push for a lynch of one of the low posters? It's just as possible that a rolled villager is in the low posters as there is a wolf.

Who pushed the no lynch strategy? I am never in favour of voting 'no lynch'. It's a waste of an opportunity to find a wolf IMO and I don't even think it should be an option on the voting page.

If you are going to accuse me of wolfy behaviour by tryin g to push strategies to get people talking at least make sure you keep tabs on other wolfy talk .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Just purely on the fact I rate tigger and he usually gets one right away. The man has skilz

Tiggs called out more than Drummy tho.
    So Why Drummy over Tigs other picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

My own FFA for the record is pter, yosser and sofireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Drumpot wrote: »
    If you are going to accuse me of wolfy behaviour by tryin g to push strategies to get people talking at least make sure you keep tabs on other wolfy talk .

how is advocating no lynch vs random lynch wolfy? as i've said random lynch = villager dead 70% of the time

Amandadon wrote: »
    This is really interesting. Does it say anything in the rules about this?

No it doesn't. Posters are just going on previous set ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

My FFA
    -yosser what strawberry said really puts him in question.
    -skeith - has gone quiet since pressure has been put on.
    -guffy he's just a hunch no real reasoning

Uriel is also the person we refer to as Urine/Pissy we don't all just have a pee fetish

Nah it's just you with the fetish for piss :p

• Advertisement

Back and catching up I was locked in on someone in my mind but thats all gone to **** a little now.

Back and catching up I was locked in on someone in my mind but thats all gone to **** a little now.

Who?

Drumpot wrote: »

Doode there's 1000 posts already here. Gimmie a break. I read most of them whilst playing scrabble with a 5 year old. He came up with Sees, Zoo and Adam. :rolleyes:

how is advocating no lynch vs random lynch wolfy? as i've said random lynch = villager dead 70% of the time

She said she thinks no lynch on night one is a dodgy/stupid strategy. Now she is having a laugh with you, after you admitted you like the No lynch strategy . .

She is voting for me because Tigger mentioned me and I suggested we target low posters and she finds that dodgy .

Nothing strange about that at all . . Unless . . She likes badboys . . :D

Uriel. wrote: »
    Who?

You (joking) :P I wont say in case it is something I need to look at later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Doode there's 1000 posts already here. Gimmie a break. I read most of them whilst playing scrabble with a 5 year old. He came up with Sees, Zoo and Adam. :rolleyes:
    don't think adam is allowed. The other two are good.

I made a sunday roast for the family today . . It didn't consist of any kind of meat from a sheep . . .

But, I'm not going to argue . . I pushed for the lynch tonight and poorly formed strategy is as good as another I guess . .

My notes look like this Petey:
    Mick #699 - says what I want to say about Pter.

Why should I repeat it? Tipperary has infected Molly with their smokey ****e and germs and I'm not allowed drink so I'm grumpier than usual and not gonna take any ****e.

Antibiotics or Congratulations?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

*FRIENDLY MODULATOR REMINDER*

Lynch votes must be in before 9pm to count.

Failure to do so will result in Necro breaking out the 'Paddle of the Swollen Ass'

mCMDWPs.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Tiggs called out more than Drummy tho.
    So Why Drummy over Tigs other picks.

Perhaps because she's a wolf and one of the others is on her team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

We haven't had our first lynch yet. We're only just starting to get names together and there's only a few hours to go.

You think you've found a team in urine and I and are off to check stuff. Seriously, if we were a team, why the hell would I be mentioning him at such an early stage in the game? There would be no need.

I also believe that tigger, trit and yoss wouldn't be on a team for the exact same reason. Too much dialogue between yoss and tigg when they could just ignore each other.

My FFA
    Trit - he would be my first suggestion and a recruit for a team because he's never been a wolf before
    Barney - has the ability to play both good and bad roles without really changing their posting style. Definitely would be on some recruit lists.
    Mamma - knows how to play the game. Is she bringing my name into this as I had her and a possible teammate in my initial list of 4? Needs to take the heat off perhaps?
    Strawbs tbh this post doesn't make me feel any better about you. Adding me to your FFA in retaliation? Really? Actually, I don't necessarily think you're a team, not getting much else from that, I just think safe listing people are villagers at this early stage feels a bit wolfy.
    sKeith wrote: »
    gone fierce quiet
    lmao.

catching up, so will give you my ffa and reasons when i get there.
    unless something changes in the posts stil lfet to read it'll be destroyer, trit and p*. see you when i catch up.
    Any update on this one keith? Would be interested to hear why those 3 names.
    tritium wrote: »
    The attempt to wagon me makes no sense. Think about it for a second. I spot something turn 0 thats wolfey. Do i. A.)go back to my den and tell the others for munchies b.) Being it up later when i can steer a mislynch or c.) Shout it out at the start.

The wagon is useful though cause theres wolves there and you should watch how people on that wagon are behaving

#ffa1
    Dottie the dinosaur
    Urine
    Drumpot (cause hes a wolf)
    tritium wrote: »
    Add mahama strawbs and yoss to my list and you have 6 names with at least 2 wolves and then anither roled player if some sort. Id suggest start with that 6
    Want to give a reason for any of those names, or are you just throwing shade to get the heat off you? Spotting something wolfy could be you being a helpful villager, or it could be you using insider wolf knowledge to gain village points. Also, team Rick are in a room together too so you pointing it out could have lost us Rick or one of those. A villager would have thought of that before blurting it out.
    I'm voting Drumpot tonight, most likely won't be back on to post tonight. All good tomorrow all things going right.

On tigger again. If he was one of the roles that picked apprentice, since he would have likely been worried he would be killed, I would imagine he picked his before he died.
    Why drumpot? Not seeing anything much on him.
    Please tell me you're not serious???

Fire up the lynch link please necro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

P*, have you anything more to add so far, post 1 battle, post2 alan partridge quote about a massacre, post 3 was normal, but where'd you go after that?

Antibiotics or Congratulations?

Neither. I've got a high test result for a liver function test so my doc has put me on forced abstination for 3 weeks so she can retest it. She thinks I'm an alcoholic obviously. Dunno where she got that idea. hic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fire up the lynch link please necro.

Anything for you darlin'

https://goo.gl/forms/3arEGEsLw0MJlGaA3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok, I'm not so great with the tables, but here's what I've collated. Any errors, shout now and it might be worth checking my counts.

#FFA1

1. Skeith destroyer tritium PatrickStarr
    4. Triceratops Ballet Tritium Guffy Uriel
    5. Ectoplasm pter yosser sofireland
    10. Amandadon yosser sKeith Guffy
    14. Lord TSC sKeith Tritium Guffy
    15. tritium Triceratops Uriel drumpot
    17. Uriel Guffy Cross Tritium
    19. Molly Drumpot pter loughc
    20. Destroyer yosser guffy ectoplasm
    25. partyjungle cross yosser drumpot
    27. Strawberry Milkshake tritium barney mahama

FINAL TALLY

Tritium 5
    Guffy 5
    yosser 4
    Drumpot 3
    Uriel 2
    pter 2
    Crosstownk 2
    sKeith 2
    Destroyer 1
    PatrickStarr 1
    sofireland 1
    TB 1
    Loughc 1
    Ectoplasm 1
    Barney 1
    Mahama 1

Thanks for all of the guidance folks. Some really helpful posts in the last few pages.
    Stu you need to approach this game differently than normal life. Most of what happens in here is people trying to be deliberately aggressive and argumentative in order to get people talking. The more wolves talk, the more likely they are to slip up and give themselves away. So you have to learn to take everything with a pinch of salt and try not to get too worked up about it. (this is maybe the MOST hypocritical thing I have ever said - I am known to fly off the handle for the least little thing :o)

The game is difficult to keep up with and a lot of people find it impossible to commit to but we keep coming back because it's a lot of fun and we clearly enjoy shouting at each other and getting angry on a regular basis.

I think it was LordTSC who also outlined earlier in the thread that things can get aggressive, and it's all part of the game world and can be a method of sussing other posters out. Despite experiencing a steep learning curve with the game, I'm seeing potential for a lot of fun once I get to grips with it and I'm already looking on the Boards frontpage anxiously to see if there are any new WW posts.
    Reddog. One piece of advice. Don't get offended, I regularly and consistently take the piss out of players. You should take it as a sign that you and other new players are most welcome to the boards WW family.

Now, pls don't munch me.

Thanks for the initiation! I am bat-shít, no doubt, blind as a bad too in regards to the overall mechanics of the game. That said, most posts I've made so far have been genuine attempts to play so there is some info there that might be useful to players. If at the least, to maybe rule me out from being a wolf and munching anyone!

As for the vote - I'll be honest, I don't feel right about it tonight because this early I'll be going by the ideas illuminated by other posters and my agreement with them, rather than coming up with them myself. Right now, I've no solid theories of my own. Should I still vote?

sKeith wrote: »
    don't think adam is allowed. The other two are good.

You explain that to a 5 year old.
    I swear his mother reacted like he was the next coming of Jesus Christ when he came up with Zoo on his own. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

... Right now, I've no solid theories of my own. Should I still vote?

You have to vote or the mods will spank you. :P

• Advertisement

Thanks for all of the guidance folks. Some really helpful posts in the last few pages.

I think it was LordTSC who also outlined earlier in the thread that things can get aggressive, and it's all part of the game world and can be a method of sussing other posters out. Despite experiencing a steep learning curve with the game, I'm seeing potential for a lot of fun once I get to grips with it and I'm already looking on the Boards frontpage anxiously to see if there are any new WW posts.

Thanks for the initiation! I am bat-shít, no doubt, blind as a bad too in regards to the overall mechanics of the game. That said, most posts I've made so far have been genuine attempts to play so there is some info there that might be useful to players. If at the least, to maybe rule me out from being a wolf and munching anyone!

As for the vote - I'll be honest, I don't feel right about it tonight because this early I'll be going by the ideas illuminated by other posters and my agreement with them, rather than coming up with them myself. Right now, I've no solid theories of my own. Should I still vote?
    Yes vote . . Go with your hunch . . It really is as good as anybody elses guess at this stage . But don't be surprised if wolves use that as a means to attack you later . . As a new player they might play on that . .

Advertisement