Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As for the vote - I'll be honest, I don't feel right about it tonight because this early I'll be going by the ideas illuminated by other posters and my agreement with them, rather than coming up with them myself. Right now, I've no solid theories of my own. Should I still vote?

*Mod hat*

Please vote still, Stu. It's a requirement of the game to at least cast a vote for each lynch.

*Removes mod hat*

Back to tearing strips off each other, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thanks for all of the guidance folks. Some really helpful posts in the last few pages.

I think it was LordTSC who also outlined earlier in the thread that things can get aggressive, and it's all part of the game world and can be a method of sussing other posters out. Despite experiencing a steep learning curve with the game, I'm seeing potential for a lot of fun once I get to grips with it and I'm already looking on the Boards frontpage anxiously to see if there are any new WW posts.

Thanks for the initiation! I am bat-shít, no doubt, blind as a bad too in regards to the overall mechanics of the game. That said, most posts I've made so far have been genuine attempts to play so there is some info there that might be useful to players. If at the least, to maybe rule me out from being a wolf and munching anyone!

As for the vote - I'll be honest, I don't feel right about it tonight because this early I'll be going by the ideas illuminated by other posters and my agreement with them, rather than coming up with them myself. Right now, I've no solid theories of my own. Should I still vote?

It's up to yourself really. Usually with the FFA there are 3 top nominees and people can choose to vote for one of those or not. Be prepared to give your reasons for voting though.
    No lynch is always an option - people clearly have differnt opinions on whether it's valid or not. But it's on the lynch sheet so you can choose not to vote if you like. Again though, be prepared to defend your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Wasn't it explained, no lynch is not an option on the lynch form, unless it has changed.

#FFA

Mick - No love for Tiggs, could have bumped him off early
    Vale - Where ya been all day?
    sK - If I have to read your overnight mumblings ever morning I will go mad.

Obviously I don't have much to go on but there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Eh, there is no no-lynch option on my form Mol unless I'm going blind? This was also discussed and dismissed earlier for that reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    It's up to yourself really. Usually with the FFA there are 3 top nominees and people can choose to vote for one of those or not. Be prepared to give your reasons for voting though.
    No lynch is always an option - people clearly have differnt opinions on whether it's valid or not. But it's on the lynch sheet so you can choose not to vote if you like. Again though, be prepared to defend your decision.

Advocating people not to vote....:mad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpEpN0Xlw5zvFy_YeCJ0YDGb3zgXNm8fLYOCJtFmbLr60_NT5e

• Advertisement

Strawbs tbh this post doesn't make me feel any better about you. Adding me to your FFA in retaliation? Really? Actually, I don't necessarily think you're a team, not getting much else from that, I just think safe listing people are villagers at this early stage feels a bit wolfy.

I thought we were going with a list of who we would pick to be on our team if we had to choose and then possibly using that for our lynch suspects tonight. you were on my list. Urine was also on my list but because he was the one suggesting this method, I took him off again. That's it, no conspiracy just a process of elimination.

You were 4th but because you said I safelisted urine, I then questioned why. That's why I have question marks rather than a straight out statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sorry Tritium I voted for you for the same pathetic reason Molly and MrsFlush voted for me . . Because Tigger singled you out . .

And probably more so out of self preservation. I am high enough up on that FFA table to flinch nervously when I hear knives sharpening . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

trit
    sKeith wrote: »
    Think trit may have got is 1st bad role.

#says that this may be obvious and blames two people. (can expect this from someone rattling trees but...)
    #then names SM as #3
    #reinforces post by saying that wolf 1 & 2 were way too sure of what they were saying.
    #sits back on it to see if it takes off.
    #again, states his opinions as obvious
    #fluff
    #fluff
    #then, note nobody has bitten for wolf 1 & 2 theory, and SM???, why did you even start that? moves onto me. questions something that is clear from the rules, uriel states 'its in the rules' , i oblige and give him a solid answer anyhow.
    #Again, questions something which is plain, and agains, its uriel to point out that its in the rules, i oblige again as give him an answer to his query.

My eyes are on you....
    destroyer
    what you think of that destroyer guys claims. guffy ecto lordy mick. i think it puts him on my rador more than anything .. ecto most for.. guffy i can sorta see, lordy maybe, but mick and ecto come accross as unknown or villagery to me, in reverse order.
    agree, destroyer is full of ****, but that does not exonerate himself.
    He was tying to rationalize where you poked thos 5 names out other than your ass. You some on and list 5 people as bad with 0 explanation.
    You were asked by 2 people, me and strawberyy IIRC to expand on your list, give reason, but you come back and just expand by spelling all their usernames correctly. Normally when you accuse someone, you at least give a reason, you cannot lynch someone by yourself, you have to show others your reasoning behind why these people are bad. If others agree with your reasoningf, then you might just get these bad guys lynched. Just supplying a list of bad guys with no reasoning and refusing to give reasoning is a reason I am mistrusting you, and I'm letting everybody know the reason for this mistrust. you can turn this around though, by showing me a better candidate, with reason.

P*
    Let battle commence!
    Sunday Bloody Sunday’. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn’t it? You wake up in the morning, you’ve got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you’ve got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think ‘Sunday, bloody Sunday!
    sKeith wrote:
    P*, have you anything more to add so far, post 1 battle, post2 alan partridge quote about a massacre, post 3 was normal, but where'd you go after that?
    Any update on this one keith? Would be interested to hear why those 3 names.
    should be all here.

Yep, there's no 'no lynch' option from what I can see.

I made my vote, will be back with my (addition to someone else's) reasoning in a bit if that's cool, have to nip out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Updated #FFA1 (thanks Kolido :p)

Player FFA1
    1. Skeith destroyer tritium PatrickStarr
    4. Triceratops Ballet Tritium Guffy Uriel
    5. Ectoplasm pter yosser sofireland
    10. Amandadon yosser sKeith Guffy
    14. Lord TSC sKeith Tritium Guffy
    15. tritium Triceratops Uriel drumpot
    17. Uriel Guffy Cross Tritium
    19. Molly Drumpot pter loughc
    20. Destroyer yosser guffy ectoplasm
    21. Kolido  Mick Vale sKeith
    25. partyjungle cross yosser drumpot
    27. Strawberry Milkshake tritium barney mahama

FINAL FINAL TALLY
    Tritium 5
    Guffy 5
    yosser 4
    Drumpot 3
    sKeith 3
    Uriel 2
    pter 2
    Crosstownk 2
    Destroyer 1
    PatrickStarr 1
    sofireland 1
    TB 1
    Loughc 1
    Ectoplasm 1
    Barney 1
    Mahama 1
    Mick 1
    Vale 1

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Wasn't it explained, no lynch is not an option on the lynch form, unless it has changed.
    Eh, there is no no-lynch option on my form Mol unless I'm going blind? This was also discussed and dismissed earlier for that reason.
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Advocating people not to vote....:mad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpEpN0Xlw5zvFy_YeCJ0YDGb3zgXNm8fLYOCJtFmbLr60_NT5e

Oops my bad. I didn't actually check the form first. No paddling please Necro! I'm too fragile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah, i voted Trit, about 2hrs ago (baby duties) im thinking of following Tiggers line of thought for the moment

FFA1

Drumpot - Just have a strong sense about this
    Gufc - Calling the priest to come out when there was no need in a game with
    lots of new players is highly suspect

I thought we were going with a list of who we would pick to be on our team if we had to choose and then possibly using that for our lynch suspects tonight. you were on my list. Urine was also on my list but because he was the one suggesting this method, I took him off again. That's it, no conspiracy just a process of elimination.

You were 4th but because you said I safelisted urine, I then questioned why. That's why I have question marks rather than a straight out statement.

Hmm ok fair enough. You're not even top of my suspect list, just thought it was strange enough to call out.

That's defo not what I'm basing tonights vote on though coz there are too many variables. I'm looking for actual wolves, not hypotheticals. Once we hit a wolf or two, then we can defo use that info to try and guess who they would have picked, but right now I don't think it's a good strategy.

The goodie room dynamic is really throwing me, I'm kinda afraid to go hard after someone I think is in a backroom in case they are the goodies. :/ I'm not doing an FFA for this reason. Right now I'm voting with my gut.

FFA1

Drumpot - Just have a strong sense about this
    Gufc - Calling the priest to come out when there was no need in a game with
    lots of new players is highly suspect

Ah feck off.

We have to make QB play again, tallying these is a pain in the rear.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ah feck off.

Sorry I was trying to check someone out and catch up and post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

While I'm happy with the info I helped stir up today I don't have enough to reasonably vote for duffman. He reacted to my post but wasn't wolfy in doing so, even with all my saber rattling. Doesn't clear him, but doesn't condemn him either.

Lough and drummy both jumped on my low post and yoss bandwagons respectively. Worth noting.

Yoss was deflecting all day long and needs to up his contribution to the team imo.

Tiggs is usually right first time up and that puts trit in the firing line. Trit congrats on being a wolf. I had a dream you hadnt been one before. You sure look like one now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ah feck off.

Sorry ecto, think you missed mine. It was near the beginning. Cross, guffy and mrsfd were my three I think.

Sorry to shout but DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN FFA THAT I MISSED?

Or shall I post the FFA#1 New Improved Version 3.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just a thought, if alignment is not reveal after the lynch, (wasn't for the munch), is there much we can take from the voting results (assuming also we get them).

• Advertisement

Gotta admit I'm not really seeing what other people appear to be seeing with Trit. The only thing I would have to go on is that if I were on one of the wolf teams I would 100% advocate recruiting him because of meta reasons. Double triple bluff type thing. Not enough to be lynching him on though.
    I have a vote in and I probably won't be changing it coz I gotta pop off now for about 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Just a thought, if alignment is not reveal after the lynch, (wasn't for the munch), is there much we can take from the voting results (assuming also we get them).

we will need the priest on day3/4 to come with that info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

FFA 1

sKeith - all the talk last night and then felt like keeping his head low for the rest of the day

Yosser - other posters picked up on the backroom username thing. Puts a cloud over him

Trit - was really struggling with a third, more of an instinct than anything

I'm changing mine ecto

#FFA1
    Yosser
    Barney
    Mamma

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

unless it says in the OP that we get the alignment we won't. We'll have it as info when we get a priest to confirm, but until then nada!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

You won't get alignment. The priest and the seer are super important in this game

I hate you all :p

Yeah we can still learn loads. Like people voting for someone that they haven't previously shown interest in. If they're chronological we can see people bandwagoning. Right now it won't be much further use because only priest knows role but later when we know for sure some wolves we can look for patterns. With 2 teams and a walker though patterns could be very difficult to find.

I'm guessing that the walker will want to blend in so will pick a candidate that already has heat on them. Later if there are more walkers then they'll be easier to spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads trying to figure this shot out and who is who am I right in thinking walkers are wolves but because of the theme of the game they are called walkers?

I know I'm slow but I'll get there I promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

After reading back, I dont feel strongly about sending anyone in particular to his or her death.

First lynch s always tough but my vote is with mahama.

Advertisement