Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

tritium wrote: »
    Ok today we need to spend some time looking at the wagons from yesterday. Probably drumpot, mine, yoss and the one that never quite built for guffy as a start.

Uriel i appreciate its hard for you to shut the **** up right now. Can you stick to calling me a wolf on the half hour or something? That way i or someone else might pick up on the suspicious noises coming from some other player. Ta muchly!
    I've heard of a rattled cage before but this is much anger. Not like Trit at all. Your first bad role is making you post differently.

Best I can Do is every 15mins
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Loughc wrote: »
    sKeith must suffer from insomnia, walker much :pac:

Happy Monday morning ya’ll.

Monday morning is the worst. Happy Thursday or happy Friday I get, but happy Monday morning?

sKeith wrote: »
    Monday morning is the worst. Happy Thursday or happy Friday I get, but happy Monday morning?

Some people are sick sk. Sick in the head

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Uriel. wrote: »
    I've heard of a rattled cage before but this is much anger. Not like Trit at all. Your first bad role is making you post differently.

Best I can Do is every 15mins
    :p

I'll take 15 minutes, at least it will slow the rate you lead the village off a cliff

Ok folks reasonable chance ive topped the poll today and this is my last post. A few things to note

First im not a baddie, the streak continues im afraid

Fortunately im also just nrv this game so best possible mislynch. If the priest stays onside they'll confirm at some future point.

The wagon on me was pretty blatant and theres quite a few posters who jumped on it to make it happen. Dig back and you'll certainly find wolves there. Maybe even a few who dont vote for me in the end but hover around the wagon. Uriel, mahama (who is 100% awolf, though i voted elsewhere tonight to give me a shot at staying in a bit longer) maybe tsc would be my start point based on a quick look back. Strawbs is also likely a wolf avoiding the wagon

Dont get fixated on walkers. You need to kill them relatively quickly (>1 every 2 turns) but luckily so do the wolves and theyre powerful enough that if the wolves wont play ball theyll lose the game :D. Use that to your advantage

Here's the post so we don't have to do this by memory alone.

• Advertisement

So day 1 you have 3 100% wolves???
    Nice going Trit, that secret super powered seer role is working well for you

I only count 2. Where is the third?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Guffy wrote: »
    But that would require a seer reveal.

I think we need to think about how the priest is going to proceed. Granted i was completely wrong in my call this morning but we should have a loom going forward and discuss what the village feels is best to help the priest decide.

This game is hugely different as we are not told good/bad upon death so the use of the priest is vital.

We essentially have 2 priests.

I think the first should reveal night 2 just before the munch. The walker should have already turned at that stage...
    It gives us
    Munch 1
    lynch 1
    munch 2 a + b
    Lynch 2
    munch 3 a + b (bg protection)
    lynch 3

Depending on how we are with deaths and how vulnerable the apprentive feels, he should wait until after the walkers next turn to come out.

After the first walker is turned, we can't really trust any roled vil, only the original preist could validate him and we don't want him coming out.
    so with 30 players and 3 deaths a night, the game could go on for 10 turns.

divide that by 3.
    priest reveals @ turn 3 and turn 6 might be helpful.
    we can keep them alive for two turns. and there is alot more info on thread at the later end of the game, so earlier reveal might be more useful.

if they are able to tel us the ID of 10 people before we can no loger protect them I think that would be handy.

as you say, 2 gone 2 more tomorrow morning and one at lynch is 5. walker has his turn.
    come out before munch they give 3 more and walkers day off and are protected,2 more and possiblly gives us lynch info too because i doubt walker wil turn them as they wil be market for death.
    thats 11.
    beyond that, we would have to wait two more days to get two days out of priest as walker could turn the priest half way through.
    so, i agree, not tomorrow morning, but the morning after at 9:59.59.

Are you sure there are 2 munches? I thought the compete thing for first munch was to dictate the order they get to munch, as in, only one of them munch each morning?

I only count 2. Where is the third?

Me, mahama and drummy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Kolido wrote:
    Are you sure there are 2 munches? I thought the compete thing for first munch was to dictate the order they get to munch, as in, only one of them munch each morning?

Nah one kill day one to give us a head start, then it's 2 a day

Kolido wrote: »
    After the first walker is turned, we can't really trust any roled vil, only the original preist could validate him and we don't want him coming out.

Usually there's only one munch on the first morning. Thereafter it is two. Sometimes games have didn't rules but that's the norm. We'll find out in awhile I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Morning all. I'd be fairly certain that there will be 2 munches this morning and from now on because otherwise the game would last for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Can someone remind me what the argument against drummy was?

There wasn't one as far as I can see. He didn't feature near the top of the FFAs. My guess, a wolf team jumped on him to prevent a wolf being lynched. Both yoss and Trit created incredible noise just before the lynch and both voted for Drummy AFAICR

Im not 100% but I *think* Tigger named him as a wolf and some folks went with that.

Me, mahama and drummy

Can you quote the post where he 100%'d you. Its not the one I quoted earlier, and I'm on mobile.

Im a bit suspicious of the late FFAs and the voting switcheroo that happened. Guffy topped the list but didn't get many votes...is he a wolf that other wolves listed in their 3 to get village cred if he was lynched but without any intention of voting for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Morning all, sorry the hangover finished me off early last night, and apocalyptical duties means I'll be half speed most of today but from tonight I should be around as normal.
    Pter wrote: »
    Id say ive rattled enough trees to be a target for one of the munches. BG, protect me please!
    Ha.. im actually gona do something ive never done before.

Bg if you dont think you have discovered a rolled good guy and have protected yourself already. Can you protect me? Im an NRV but at least you wont be protecting a wolf who may be munched by the other team.
    Two calls for protecting from players I wouldn't have considered to be big munch targets.... Asking for protection in general is suspicious, but 2 NRV players asking for it? Has to be a wolf in one of these two. Guffy is super interesting, reviewing him first. As trit so rightly put it, a bandwagon was never built. Top of the FFAs but only ended with 2 votes and no real pressure? Is that coz your wolf friends engineered a lynch on someone else?
    I dont see where the Drumpot bangwagon came from?
    I'd also have mama down as one of the alphas...

I really do wish I got a gun this game as I'd have blown at least 2 heads off by now
    Not a wolf, just an NRV. Actually, here's where I'm at- Drummie basically outed himself as a NRV earlier in the thread but it's possible that only other NRVs picked up on it esp coz mods immediately stopped it. So, people who voted drummie are either wolves, or not paying attention.
    But you were the last to vote for him??? You broke the tie.

Maha when did you vote for trit? Do you remember?
    Yes, I voted just before I posted this post, roughly half hour before vote. That's why I asked y0ss immediately after results about his vote, I knew it must have been after me. Obv the y0ss and tigger theory turned out to be wrong. :o
    I've my vote on Trit. There's 2 others I think are in a room, but haven't enough evidence yet to be sure it's a baddie room.

I have a theory that actually Tigger was one of Rick's group, and in a room with yoss. I think Trit is also in a room and wanted to score villager points by pointing out Tig and yoss. Tigg was munched shortly afterwards and he was suspicious of Trit. Tigger has a good nose for wolves. Trit had the head down for most of the day but popped up now, I'm also watching who's jumping up to defend and deflect from him.

Plus there's also the meta reason - if i was a wolf I think I would have picked Trit, the forever-villager. Either that or a noob, there's a few of those this game.
    Ok today we need to spend some time looking at the wagons from yesterday. Probably drumpot, mine, yoss and the one that never quite built for guffy as a start.

Uriel i appreciate its hard for you to shut the **** up right now. Can you stick to calling me a wolf on the half hour or something? That way i or someone else might pick up on the suspicious noises coming from some other player. Ta muchly!
    Trit, if you're not a wolf I'm having a hard time figuring out why you'd have such an unusual aggressive style this game. However, I'm not going to fall into the trap of tunnelling you for the day. There are more wolves to catch. I have my eye on you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

There wasn't one as far as I can see. He didn't feature near the top of the FFAs. My guess, a wolf team jumped on him to prevent a wolf being lynched. Both yoss and Trit created incredible noise just before the lynch and both voted for Drummy AFAICR

I would need to read back, but wasn't it drummer also who wanted to give yoss a chance, more than most, after the role reveal? Don't know how relevant this is though.

Also, I'm going to say this now in case I'm munched and frequently throughout the day if I'm not.... If you are doing an FFA today can you please, please, please tag it with #FFA2

Initial argument was that he was one of the wolves Tigger named before his demise. He also named Trit, Mick and Duffman (at least we think that's who Barry is). I quoted most of Tig's important posts in one post yesterday. Of those, I think Mick is probably team village, and I'd be almost sure Drum was a NRV. I find it hard to believe that Tigger would get all guesses wrong though.

I haven't seen any other evidence against drummie unless I missed something?

• Advertisement

I would need to read back, but wasn't it drummer also who wanted to give yoss a chance, more than most, after the role reveal? Don't know how relevant this is though.

Cant remember tbh, would need to check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Don't forget guffy Trit is 100% certain me and geehead are wolves yet he voted Drumpot (and voted Drumpot early in the day he claims)

He claims he voted early in the day, yet afaik the votes are in order and had me first. So you can see where my vote was and it was NOT earlier in the day.

I admit if Drumpot came out as a NRV I wasn't paying attention, but at the end of the day, do we not ALL claim that anyway? unless you are Yoss that is LOL.

Still not sure on the whole Yoss saying he is apprentice Seer, and the character he named wouldn't make sense to me as someone who would be picked. Just on the character in the show and how he is on team Negan!

I think Hershel was a good pick for a Seer as he was the grandaddy of the group and it makes sense. If anyone would be picked from who I would have thought it would be Dale, Michonne or Carol but I wouldn't have thought Eugene as he was more an engineer!

I was actually surprised with the whole Drumpot bandwagon, and I am pretty sure that within those who lumped on him may include wolves for sure. I was picking Drumpot because

A) I was busy and needed to vote early
    B) I knew Tigger had picked him out and with me thinking others villagers from his list I thought Drumpot was the best candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

morning folks

He claims he voted early in the day, yet afaik the votes are in order and had me first. So you can see where my vote was and it was NOT earlier in the day.

I admit if Drumpot came out as a NRV I wasn't paying attention, but at the end of the day, do we not ALL claim that anyway? unless you are Yoss that is LOL.

Still not sure on the whole Yoss saying he is apprentice Seer, and the character he named wouldn't make sense to me as someone who would be picked. Just on the character in the show and how he is on team Negan!

I think Hershel was a good pick for a Seer as he was the grandaddy of the group and it makes sense. If anyone would be picked from who I would have thought it would be Dale, Michonne or Carol but I wouldn't have thought Eugene as he was more an engineer!

I haven't watched the show so don't know the characters or what would make sense (or not) from a WW perspective. More importantly is would the apprentice seer reveal when they weren't in any particular or major danger?? Shortly before lynch???
    Many he gave at the time didn't stack up. So from approx. 20.30 onwards

Here's the initial reactions to yoss and his claim:
    well f this. i am secnd on the FFA, but have the most #1 votes. dont vote me, i'm a roled villager
    But sure isn't that the whole point of the game?

Feck.
    Let's not go all headless chicken yet. Could be a wolf trying to save themselves.

So let's be careful here.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whooooooo, role claim. Mark it off the bingo card!
    well i havent claimed a role
    This is a ridiculous post tbh. You're better than that. I'd forgive you slightly if you just said these might be tasks like the Vale did further down but to say "I don't think there's tasks in game" is seriously dodgy. It's in in the op although called something else and it's been discussed at various points through the game so far. That's seriously dodgy as ****
    I'm not headless chickening tho, my vote is on Trit.
    I actually though that the theory was a bit far fetched but here we are.

If y0ss is telling the truth, there's almost no chance he'll make it through the night. So, if he's still here tomorrow, we should be asking questions.
    You've claimed having a (good) role
    You've gone this far, you may as well continue.
    :confused:
    Unless he is protected, there are multiple ways to approach it. But good chance he will be turned by the walker if still alive.
    i have, but not a specific one. chances are i will be dead in the morning (what'll i do for the week?) so i can tell you all the role if you like, if you think it may benefit the village
    Well done yoss, give yourself to the walker and maybe any info you have before the wolves munch ya.

You have to die now.
    That's IF you are roled of course
    i'm Eugene Porter, the apprentice seer
    and there's no point protecting me. i'm powerless until the real seer is dead
    Yeah ok he could be protected but the BG can't protect the same person twice in a row.

Why would he put such a huge target on his head if he was lying? Feels more like a panicked villager move to me.
    How does that work? If seer dies you start getting info, or you are in a room together?
    So you die now before being turned.

Who the fook would select you as app seer when there was already heat on you? Especially when its apprentice priest, not seer!
    Chances are, unless you were protected last night for no reason, you're pretty much bulletproof tomorrow now...
    There are other special roles in the game. The mods will neither confirm or deny the existence of any of these roles. It's up to you the players to figure out what they are.
    Do you know who the seer is? (yes or no answer)
    Drumpot wrote: »
    I think If there is no way the wolves have of knowing who they killed I think its safe to trust you coming forward and as such, think the Hero should consider protecting you. . .
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    So who did the seer peek then?
    And what was the result?
    And why should we believe you this early in the game when most people seem to be voting for Trit and you weren't in danger of actually being lynched?
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Its like you are goading the seer to come out !!!
    as i daid, i was 2nd, but had the most #1 votes. i thoought i was in real danger. otherwise i would have stayed quiet.
    So who did seer peek?
    why come out as the apprentice seer though like your a nrv while the seer is alive and now your dead in the next 2 days most likely
    i dont know who the seer is
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    So you believe him? I'm not so sure.
    String him up.
    Good. we dont need to waste a bullet on you then.
    why? if telling the truth, why lynch me? if i'm lying it'll be apparent tomorrow morning, and you can lych me then

I haven't watched the show so don't know the characters or what would make sense (or not) from a WW perspective. More importantly is would the apprentice seer reveal when they weren't in any particular or major danger?? Shortly before lynch???
    Many he gave at the time didn't stack up. So from approx. 20.30 onwards

Since I just glanced from my phone a couple of times I couldn't have told you when he made his reveal, BUT I didn't think there was any great reasoning behind it. He would be top of my FFA today with trit following closely behind.

morning folks

g1355008511602410060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Not a wolf, just an NRV. Actually, here's where I'm at- Drummie basically outed himself as a NRV earlier in the thread but it's possible that only other NRVs picked up on it esp coz mods immediately stopped it. So, people who voted drummie are either wolves, or not paying attention.

WTF?
    a) I did not see this
    b) It may be meta so I'm not gonna pursue it.

My reasons for voting drummy were in my second post. I named him and Pter as on my suspicious list for jumping on the low posters thing (mostly out of self preservation though). Pter argued the point with me more therefore I moved him slightly towards village. Which left Drumpot. I didn't see a bandwagon and I was most definitely not on it if there was one. In the absence of anyone else plausible to vote for last night that's where I went.

Gotta say this blow up between Uriel and Trit is confusing me. I can't really see where Trit is getting his info but Uriel is pushing back hard. Not sure if it's wolfy or villagery though. I'll be watching with interest today.

• Advertisement

morning folks

Ah, the man of the moment. What do you make of last nights votes then? Do you still think Drummie was bad?

Advertisement