Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Here's the initial reactions to yoss and his claim:

SO he did that at 8.25? not sure if that is on my timezone and it was actually an hour earlier? Either way it was ridiculously early imo and he needs to be looked at for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    WTF?
    a) I did not see this
    b) It may be meta so I'm not gonna pursue it.

My reasons for voting drummy were in my second post. I named him and Pter as on my suspicious list for jumping on the low posters thing (mostly out of self preservation though). Pter argued the point with me more therefore I moved him slightly towards village. Which left Drumpot. I didn't see a bandwagon and I was most definitely not on it if there was one. In the absence of anyone else plausible to vote for last night that's where I went.

Gotta say this blow up between Uriel and Trit is confusing me. I can't really see where Trit is getting his info but Uriel is pushing back hard. Not sure if it's wolfy or villagery though. I'll be watching with interest today.

Hi molly. Who are munching this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    WTF?
    a) I did not see this
    b) It may be meta so I'm not gonna pursue it.

My reasons for voting drummy were in my second post. I named him and Pter as on my suspicious list for jumping on the low posters thing (mostly out of self preservation though). Pter argued the point with me more therefore I moved him slightly towards village. Which left Drumpot. I didn't see a bandwagon and I was most definitely not on it if there was one. In the absence of anyone else plausible to vote for last night that's where I went.

Gotta say this blow up between Uriel and Trit is confusing me. I can't really see where Trit is getting his info but Uriel is pushing back hard. Not sure if it's wolfy or villagery though. I'll be watching with interest today.

Yeah, I'm dropping it in fear of the mods, but I think it's likely that only NRVs picked up on it. In previous dreams I've had of other games, it's the loud fights that are usually villager on villager. :/ Of the two I'd think Trit is more likely to be a wolf but Uriel is far from cleared. I think it's likely they're not in a room together though.

Yeah, I'm dropping it in fear of the mods, but I think it's likely that only NRVs picked up on it. In previous dreams I've had of other games, it's the loud fights that are usually villager on villager. :/ Of the two I'd think Trit is more likely to be a wolf but Uriel is far from cleared. I think it's likely they're not in a room together though.

I missed all this and any mod stuff but I get where you coming from and best be forgot about.

/topic

Trit is unusually aggressive in this game. Not sure if it's because he's struggling with his first baddie role or if it's because of his recent spell over in IPB :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

He claims he voted early in the day, yet afaik the votes are in order and had me first. So you can see where my vote was and it was NOT earlier in the day.
    I was actually surprised with the whole Drumpot bandwagon, and I am pretty sure that within those who lumped on him may include wolves for sure. I was picking Drumpot because

A) I was busy and needed to vote early

Can you clear this up. Either you voted early, or you didn't. When did you vote?

SO he did that at 8.25? not sure if that is on my timezone and it was actually an hour earlier? Either way it was ridiculously early imo and he needs to be looked at for sure.

No mine also says 20:24 but lynch happened at 21:00 or so so about half hour before. Actually, I was typing my Tigg and y0ss theory post when he came out.

It needs to be looked at, but why would a wolf do it?? He might get a night of protection but then he's brown bread, or turned. I can't see why he'd do it if a wolf, and that's excatly what I said last night when it happened.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Trit is unusually aggressive in this game. Not sure if it's because he's struggling with his first baddie role or if it's because of his recent spell over in IPB :p

I don't know anything about other games happening elsewhere. I just want to make sure it's not just villagers fighting each other while wolves sit back laughing. Often the big day 1 fights are exactly that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Morning everyone. Necro is busy today answering phones to the law enforcement of the land so I will be leaving you in the care of Jayop. Treat him nicely, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

He claims he voted early in the day, yet afaik the votes are in order and had me first. So you can see where my vote was and it was NOT earlier in the day.

I admit if Drumpot came out as a NRV I wasn't paying attention, but at the end of the day, do we not ALL claim that anyway? unless you are Yoss that is LOL.

Still not sure on the whole Yoss saying he is apprentice Seer, and the character he named wouldn't make sense to me as someone who would be picked. Just on the character in the show and how he is on team Negan!

I think Hershel was a good pick for a Seer as he was the grandaddy of the group and it makes sense. If anyone would be picked from who I would have thought it would be Dale, Michonne or Carol but I wouldn't have thought Eugene as he was more an engineer!

Where did i claim that mrsF? I claimed i tagged him as a wolf from early, but why are you putting a spin on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So yosser pretended to have a newly made up role for the sole purpose of saving his (he alleges) non rolled villager butt?

He voted for drummer boy who was 4th in the FFA but somehow got lynched.

Trit and guffy were in the running.

Why would a nrv do such a thing when they could possibly be leading a roled villager to be lynched? Not saying that's what drummer, trit or guffy are.

Am I missing something really obvious cos all I have is that it was a selfish move to stay in game as an nrv?

100 times this.

If Yoss is an NrV, he had to be 100% certain Drumpot was a wolf in order to fake role claim and then give a massively washy reasoning behind voting for him. But it stinks of a massive tactical play to save someone, be it himself or someone else....

Switching uriel for flushie in my wolfset. Uriel too dog with bone to be a wolf. Wolves dont need that visibility. Flush is the conduit for a lot of ideas this morning, helping them to flow along.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    100 times this.

If Yoss is an NrV, he had to be 100% certain Drumpot was a wolf in order to fake role claim and then give a massively washy reasoning behind voting for him. But it stinks of a massive tactical play to save someone, be it himself or someone else....

What? What possible tactical move could there have been though?? I'm suss of the people throwing shade on y0ss with no real reasoning, so welcome to my list.

Here's the scenarios as I see it:
    (a) y0ss is a wolf and was trying to save himself. This is a stupid wolf move because it outs him to the village, the other team and the walker. Why would a wolf do this? Other wolves would have told him to keep the head and wait and see instead of blowing everything up.
    (b) y0ss is a wolf and so it one of Trit or Drummie, so he tries to pull heat on himself to pull heat off them. Why would wolves put a second wolf in trouble to save another one? Again, outs himself.
    (c) y0ss is telling the truth and really thought he was in trouble. Still not a great move, but makes sense in a panicking villager way. Either way he's dead or turned in the next few days.
    (d) y0ss is a NRV and randomly tried to stir things up to see what happened. Again, seems like a stupid move because all it did was draw attention to him.

I just can't see a scenario where this is a clever move. And stupid moves are usually done by villagers. Can you give 1 scenario where this makes sense for him to do as a wolf???

sKeith wrote: »
    Can you clear this up. Either you voted early, or you didn't. When did you vote?

Flushie I don't think you've answered this yet? Should be a simple answer.

Also, have you given any other reason for Drummie vote than "following Tiggers lead"?

I'm voting Drumpot tonight, most likely won't be back on to post tonight. All good tomorrow all things going right.

On tigger again. If he was one of the roles that picked apprentice, since he would have likely been worried he would be killed, I would imagine he picked his before he died.

That was after 7pm and I did my vote straight away. And if the mods can confirm if their list on the votes for Drumpot are in the order they would receive that backs up I was the first to vote him.
    sKeith wrote: »

See above
    tritium wrote: »
    Where did i claim that mrsF? I claimed i tagged him as a wolf from early, but why are you putting a spin on it?

I didn't, if you look up it was Uriel that said it. I quoted the post and said it couldn't have been earlier than me as I was first. SO I am not putting a spin on it, take it up with our arch angel!

What? What possible tactical move could there have been though?? I'm suss of the people throwing shade on y0ss with no real reasoning, so welcome to my list.

(a) y0ss is a wolf and was trying to save himself. This is a stupid wolf move because it outs him to the village, the other team and the walker. Why would a wolf do this? Other wolves would have told him to keep the head and wait and see instead of blowing everything up.
    (b) y0ss is a wolf and so it one of Trit or Drummie, so he tries to pull heat on himself to pull heat off them. Why would wolves put a second wolf in trouble to save another one? Again, outs himself.
    (c) y0ss is telling the truth and really thought he was in trouble. Still not a great move, but makes sense in a panicking villager way. Either way he's dead or turned in the next few days.
    (d) y0ss is a NRV and randomly tried to stir things up to see what happened. Again, seems like a stupid move because all it did was draw attention to him.

I just can't see a scenario where this is a clever move. And stupid moves are usually done by villagers. Can you give 1 scenario where this makes sense for him to do as a wolf???

If his alpha was in trouble perhaps.

tritium wrote: »
    Switching uriel for flushie in my wolfset. Uriel too dog with bone to be a wolf. Wolves dont need that visibility. Flush is the conduit for a lot of ideas this morning, helping them to flow along.

It's been at least 15mins Trit.

So, too hot in the kitchen and you get out?

Flushie I don't think you've answered this yet? Should be a simple answer.

Also, have you given any other reason for Drummie vote than "following Tiggers lead"?

Uhm, I DO have to work too, I am in my office from now on since brats back to school and I am looking at this when I can!

No, I explained that in my post that why I went for dummie. It is all on this page so scroll back as I don't have time to take your hand :)

If his alpha was in trouble perhaps.

Ok so if trit or drum was alpha, then y0ss tries to pull suspicion off them. But not very hard though. He claims a role that can't be contested becuase it doesn't appear in OP. If he really want to pull heat, why not claim something like priest or seer? At least that way there'd be a chance he'd flush out a good role while sacrificing.

Ok so if trit or drum was alpha, then y0ss tries to pull suspicion off them. But not very hard though. He claims a role that can't be contested becuase it doesn't appear in OP. If he really want to pull heat, why not claim something like priest or seer? At least that way there'd be a chance he'd flush out a good role while sacrificing.

I don't know. But I don't think Drummy was an alpha, or a wolf for that matter (he might have been, but his lynching doesn't add up with the FFAs which could suggest foul play).

Imagine, and I am not saying this is the case, that Trit was the Alpha - Yoss might have saved him. Will Yoss be lynched tonight??? we will see. wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't.

• Advertisement

Uhm, I DO have to work too, I am in my office from now on since brats back to school and I am looking at this when I can!

No, I explained that in my post that why I went for dummie. It is all on this page so scroll back as I don't have time to take your hand :)
    Ok sorry, I feel that, I'm leaving shortly too.

I've read your posts, you said because tigger said so and you had to vote early. Actually, from that time yesterday, you confirmed that with saying "Just purely on the fact I rate tigger and he usually gets one right away. The man has skilz". So, there was no other reason that that then? It just feels like an easy way to hide behind a vote.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't know. But I don't think Drummy was an alpha, or a wolf for that matter (he might have been, but his lynching doesn't add up with the FFAs which could suggest foul play).

Yea this isn't sitting right with me at all, Drumpot wasn't on many people's radar yesterday and then got lynched, where there were people who were called out in FFA but didn't receive many votes, the FFA it seemed were used as a distraction tool by the wolves.

I've a feeling Drumpot was a NRV and not a wolf so well played wolves they got one over us early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

He is a wolf, thought he was about to be killed and role claimed to survive another night and have the village kill one of their own or a member of another team first. You need to stay alive as long as you can as a wolf. Yoss has kept 2 wolves in his team alive for another day in his eyes(if he's a wolf).

It seems pretty black and white to me when coupled with the last vote on drumpot and the wishy washiness of his explenations/ excuses. There is a chance yoss is good but if trit is guilty yoss surely has to be also, given the chain of events, no?

It makes more sense to me than an experienced player panicking because someone claimed to be an NRV. However, i fully respect his role claim and personally suggest lynching trit first. I believe they are on the one team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The role chosen is not sexy enough for the walker. Walker knows to ignore as no info gained from him.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea this isn't sitting right with me at all, Drumpot wasn't on many people's radar yesterday and then got lynched, where there were people who were called out in FFA but didn't receive many votes, the FFA it seemed were used as a distraction tool by the wolves.

I've a feeling Drumpot was a NRV and not a wolf so well played wolves they got one over us early on.

Lockie, how many days to Christmas?
    I am impatient

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lockie, how many days to Christmas?
    I am impatient

91 Days to Christmas, or this day 3 months :)

Molly must have headed off to sharpen her claws. Bad Molly, Bad Molly.

It's been at least 15mins Trit.

So, too hot in the kitchen and you get out?

Nope just would feel bad about trying to lynch the village idiot :p

Guffy wrote: »
    He is a wolf, thought he was about to be killed and role claimed to survive another night and have the village kill one of their own or a member of another team first. You need to stay alive as long as you can as a wolf. Yoss has kept 2 wolves in his team alive for another day in his eyes(if he's a wolf).

It seems pretty black and white to me when coupled with the last vote on drumpot and the wishy washiness of his explenations/ excuses. There is a chance yoss is good but if trit is guilty yoss surely has to be also, given the chain of events, no?

It makes more sense to me than an experienced player panicking because someone claimed to be an NRV. However, i fully respect his role claim and personally suggest lynching trit first. I believe they are on the one team.
    I'll agree with you on the wishy washy excuses.
    My only problem with the above scenario is I didn't see a lot of pressure on yoss. Why draw attention to himself? His last minute vote was suss too. I reckon there's a good chance he was protected last night though but very little chance he won't be up for lynch today.
    Molly must have headed off to sharpen her claws. Bad Molly, Bad Molly.
    What's with your molly hardon this game, it's beginning to feel like flirting! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey Yoss, how do you feel about being on top of a lot of people's list after your shinnanigans last night?

Advertisement