Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I do think now we should start looking at some of the other candidates. I'm completely clueless now coz I thought Trit was bad, but Guffy was also on my list. So now I'm back to 0. :/ Going to head now for a while but I'll be looking at some of the strange votes on the list later.

They still could have been bad, it might be a case of rival gang attacking rival gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My understanding is he's actually claiming he's Eugune, OR at the very least, that he emulated the character of Eugene from The Walking Dead, and falsely claimed Apprentice Seer to save his own bacon. I think he's semi-acknowledged he's not actually the apprentice seer. It was just a move to save himself.

Sorry what? Are you reading a different game to me?? Where did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Barney92 wrote: »
    @destroyer, how come you voted for sKeith? Your FFA was yosser, guffy and ecto. sKeith wasn't even on your list of five wolves at the very beginning. What made you change your mind?

Sorry destroyer, read that wrong. Keith voted for you. Never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Loughc wrote: »
    They still could have been bad, it might be a case of rival gang attacking rival gang.

Could well be. Like I said above it could be 2 dead wolves, 1 or none. We won't know til priest comes out and it's way too early for that. The odds of both teams hitting each other is crazy high though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My understanding is he's actually claiming he's Eugune, OR at the very least, that he emulated the character of Eugene from The Walking Dead, and falsely claimed Apprentice Seer to save his own bacon. I think he's semi-acknowledged he's not actually the apprentice seer. It was just a move to save himself.

Ok I don't follow TWD so I've no clue who Eugene is. Either way I don't see it as a wolfy move and I would be willing to just give him a by for today and focus our thoughts somewhere else.

Where? No idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

please dont read into this at all

:P

After the lynch last night.

But he says 'don't read into this at all'. :/

Also I don't watch the videos.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Could well be. Like I said above it could be 2 dead wolves, 1 or none. We won't know til priest comes out and it's way too early for that. The odds of both teams hitting each other is crazy high though.

True both Trit and Guffy were both high on peoples suspicions lists. Assuming they are on rival teams they would have been brought to the attention of their rival gang.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ok I don't follow TWD so I've no clue who Eugene is. Either way I don't see it as a wolfy move and I would be willing to just give him a by for today and focus our thoughts somewhere else.

Where? No idea.

I'm not going to spoiler tag any of this but will warn people, there's spoilers from the TV show below.....

In the show, Eugune is a character who, feeling he cannot survive the zombie apocalypse without help, falsely claims to be a genius scientist with the cure to save humanity. In doing so, he meets a soldier who, believing his story, decides to protect him. Thus, Eugene survives longer than he should, his lie convincing others to help him.

Mind Eugene then latter joins Team Negan as well :P

Now, I'm not giving Yoss an out here. Its also highly likely this could be a wolf trying to save his own skin, and trying to use the mythos of the game to give himself an excuse from what looks like, on the surface, a gigantic play to protect his own skin (at the very least). On the surface, it looks like Yoss paniced for some reason, and threw out a false claim without any substance, proof or evidence.

For me, Yoss will be on my list today on the back of a false claim and very shakey foundations for voting for Drumpot, who jumped from being an outsider on the FFAs to being knocked out with a last second vote. But I'd rather see us come up with multiple names anyway. so at the very least, we're getting a head start on tomorrow's lynch as well.....

• Advertisement

I'm not going to spoiler tag any of this but will warn people, there's spoilers from the TV show below.....

In the show, Eugune is a character who, feeling he cannot survive the zombie apocalypse without help, falsely claims to be a genius scientist with the cure to save humanity. In doing so, he meets a soldier who, believing his story, decides to protect him. Thus, Eugene survives longer than he should, his lie convincing others to help him.

Now, I'm not giving Yoss an out here. Its also highly likely this could be a wolf trying to save his own skin, and trying to use the mythos of the game to give himself an excuse from what looks like, on the surface, a gigantic play to protect his own skin (at the very least). On the surface, it looks like Yoss paniced for some reason, and threw out a false claim without any substance, proof or evidence.

For me, Yoss will be on my list today on the back of a false claim and very shakey foundations for voting for Drumpot, who jumped from being an outsider on the FFAs to being knocked out with a last second vote. But I'd rather see us come up with multiple names anyway. so at the very least, we're getting a head start on tomorrow's lynch as well.....

I'm not set on Yoss being evil after the claim, or even that he lied about it. What makes me suspicious is the gap between saying he had a role and coming out with the role. It could be that he claimed a role, and then had the team try come up with a possible reason for a claim, or at least a claim that wouldn't end up with him lynched or munched by the other team. Eugene is what they came up with. Then we might not lynch him because we aren't sure and the other wolves might not munch him because they think we'll lynch him.

Ok that kinda makes sense in the TWD theme. But it is madness from Yoss. I understand his vote for Drumpot if he was trying to save himself. I've done the same in the past. But why didn't he vote for Trit and not Drumpot?
    Yoss it would be really helpful if you could respond to this.

One additional thought to the Eugene side of things...

If it's a secret role, then there's probably no ambiguity on whether he's allowed reveal that or not. Either he can or he cannot.

If he cannot, then posting the video (and one or two other references) last night was against the rules of his character.
    If he can, then the video was very ambiguous and he should have outlined his "power" in more detail, rather than waiting on someone else to.

So I'd be about 60/40 towards saying it was a messy attempt to save his skin last night, and then a messier clean up afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Oh geez this is going to be tough. The most important role for sure is the priest, we just have to hope we have one alive and they can come out once we have a good amount of bodies. UNLESS the app priest dies and we have no one to take over.

BUT if the app priest is alive AND the BG which the priest will know anyway, he can come out, get protected and give us a few more names before he dies. Then the next priest kicks in.

That is my hope. It is an intricate game this time round and we really are the blind leading the blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

With Yoss and his claim, timing is obviously a bit suspicious but if he was given protection from the BG would that get him through to tonight? Potential walker as he can only do damage if he survives to tonight? The timing and his reasons are extremely suspicious!

The other two being lynched makes it difficult to see patterns unless both teams believe they were taking out wolves from the opposing team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Just on this, this was pinging me wrong and I couldn't figure out why.
    There are some people the walker can't convert on first try. Why wouldn't a walker go for a guaranteed convert the first time?

I believe walker would want to target a team player, gets the most info for use in info warfare. why take yoss, if he believes he is a nrv or a aprectice seers who does not know the seer. why not throw the dice and hope for a proper better conversion. 3/26 chance of failing a conversion. 9/26 chance of getting a team member. nobody but priest knows different, so with more knowledge, thats the numbers you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Very sobering to find no one seems to rate you as highly as you rate yourself. Hope the bg didn't pick me, even though it apparently wouldn't have made a difference.

Pter wrote: »
    Very sobering to find no one seems to rate you as highly as you rate yourself.

giphy.gif

@lord yeah fcuk it I'll take one.

sofireland wrote: »
    First game of WW in ages, looking forward to this.
    giphy.gif
    My gif obviously made a poor first impression! :)
    In the zombie apocalypse I'd miss beer the most. Not those ropy cans of pabst, but good hoppy ipas
    Ah random baseless accusations.

(insert Michael Jackson popcorn gif)
    Rip Tig
    Unfortunate wording with the priest role only saw that now
    Reckon it'll take a while for everyone to get their heads around the roles, factions, teams etc.
    I know i'm struggling with it.

giphy.gif
    Sure, why not, what's the worst that could happen?
    The first pick is always the toughest, usually a total shot in the dark

When you get a chance could you let us know why you didn't vote and who you would've voted for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Well Trit and Guffy were two of my main suspects yesterday so I'm a little out to sea here.
    I do think one of them at least was evil, initially I thought they were both on the same team, but that can't be the case now.

The whole drumpot thing snowballed very quickly for me, I did not see his lynch coming at all, and I'm inclined to think he was a goodie.

I've been to-ing and fro-ing about the Y0ss role claim and I've come down against, I think it's a play from the max power handbook, and without any evidence to the contrary we should treat it the same. That's not to say it couldn't be a diversionary tactic.

Y0ss if you're still claiming this is true, have you anything to offer us that supports your claim?

Y0ss if you're still claiming this is true, have you anything to offer us that supports your claim?

It's the only role he could have picked that can't be proven without revealing our seer.

It's too perfect a role claim.

I would imagine sofireland is not a wolf given the early no vote. I'd say if they were on a team, they would be told ensure they voted yesterday. Especially given they were posting in the morning. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the RIP Tigger bit, it might be a wolf trying too hard, but it doesn't outweigh my previous thoughts.

At the same time I'm not sure we can afford to off yoss until we can confirm he isn't app priest.

Pter wrote: »
    At the same time I'm not sure we can afford to off yoss until we can confirm he isn't app priest.

I think we can put Yoss down as our #1 suspect for tonight.

In the meantime, I think we need to have at least one other name being discussed, rather than killing the day by focusing too hard on him.

There's a lot of people aren't posting at all.....would be nice to get more opinions on whats been going on....

I think we can put Yoss down as our #1 suspect for tonight.

In the meantime, I think we need to have at least one other name being discussed, rather than killing the day by focusing too hard on him.

Agreed, focusing on just Yoss puts us a full day behind where we should be at.

Well yoss and Lough were the surviving people I sussed yesterday.

Yoss before his reveal for looking super helpful without Contributing (which btw I don't think is appropriate behaviour for an app priest).

Lough for bandwagoning with drummy.

I have a feeling drummy wasn't bad to be honest. I can see wolves trying to switch to someone 'not in the running to be lynched' and accidentally piling on drummy who already had 4 votes.

My other suspect who appears wolf as frck is UTI. He is being extremely forceful and I wonder if thats not coming from wolf gang in fighting.

Right I'm of the opinion now that yosser's claim is complete horse****. A few others have touched on this already. I believed it at first because I thought it was a role outlined in the OP. Its not. If I was to think of what is the next most likely role to be there, it would be apprentice seer. Yosser was definitely in danger. I was about to vote for and switched. He might have only gotten 2 votes in the end but in mind, there was a ton of heat on him. Did anyone else switch from him?

Now what do we do with this information. He is either:
    1) Telling to truth (1%)
    2) Is an NRV and claiming a role to waste a munch. I think this is likely. Apprentice seer is one of the only unverifiable good roles. Priest/ApprPriest/Seer would have info to prove themselves.
    3) Is a wolf trying to save his own skin. Slightly less likely as 2. Is essentially the same play as 2. But I think a wolf might try and ride out the heat rather than hit the panic button.

He arguments since has been lacklustre at best. He starts some odd-one-out game with the FFA's that doesn't go anywhere. Super suss of yosser and have been from the start tbh

destroyer wrote: »
    Just hunches from reading the thread.
    It's pretty hard when I don't know anyone in the game or their form.
    Plus I've had very limited time this week/e and so haven't caught up yet. (You and Tigger filling pages with your ramblings last night didn't help ðŸ¥:-!

Noted some names as I speed read, neglected to put reasoning beside them. :-(

Didn't just pick them out of my ass though, they were genuine suspects.
    One thing O do remember, someone mentioned people who hadn't posted yet, then in the next 10 -15 posts there were 4 or 5 first ones, like people were following the thread closely but not posting.
    Maybe level 1 thinking, but looks suss.
    If ye are still taking names for FFA I will nominate
    Yosser
    Guffy
    Ectoplasm
    I'm still 4 hours or so behind though

You posted these around 7pm last night and could've easily thrown a vote in behind one of them. How come you did not? Ultimately it wouldn't have made a difference of course, if you voted for one of these three.

• Advertisement

Now what do we do with this information. He is either: 1) Telling to truth (1%) 2) Is an NRV and claiming a role to waste a munch. I think this is likely. Apprentice seer is one of the only unverifiable good roles. Priest/ApprPriest/Seer would have info to prove themselves. 3) Is a wolf trying to save his own skin. Slightly less likely as 2. Is essentially the same play as 2. But I think a wolf might try and ride out the heat rather than hit the panic button.

Let's clear this up. He claimed app priest.

Advertisement