Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While working off Tiggers list is a good place to start, I would suspect those who are suggesting it.

Lets say Tiggers not right, a wolf could easily use that to bus others.

Kolido wrote: »
    I'm guessing Kodi is me, not the entertainment app.

Cheers, doesn't stack up with a theory i was working on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

not asking for them to come out, but have the convo of the merits of them coming out. big difference

I think there was a convo yesterday about role reveals and the consensus was it's too early, most people would agree that it's still the case.

Cheers, doesn't stack up with a theory i was working on though.

Whats your theory?

My theory is that Tigger may not be fully right in his list and you are pushing his list to take advantage of it for your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While working off Tiggers list is a good place to start, I would suspect those who are suggesting it.

That's part of my reason for suspecting MrsFD.

• Advertisement

So you suspect people for suggesting good places to start to find wolves :pac:

Trigger was munched and while being a valif target aside it is worth seeing if there was any reasons in the lists he left behind.

You always say silly things as a wolf so welcome to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Whats your theory?

My theory is that Tigger may not be fully right in his list and you are pushing his list to take advantage of it for your team?

I agree, the list should be viewed in the collective evidence pool but not as definitive. Tigger's good, but he's not infallible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Barney92 wrote:
    That's part of my reason for suspecting MrsFD.

What's the other part

So you suspect people for suggesting good places to start to find wolves :pac:

Trigger was munched and while being a valif target aside it is worth seeing if there was any reasons in the lists he left behind.

You always say silly things as a wolf so welcome to the list.

But while Tiggers list is a good place, lets say he isnt quite right. Lets say, he got stuff wrong and a cunning wolf may use that to his or her advantage.

Ive my eye on you

Pter wrote: »
    What's the other part

Her post about it being a shame Tigger is dead. Pretty much setting up the go with Tigger she did later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Suppose its time to read back and see who has slipped up, whose mask has fallen.

But while Tiggers list is a good place, lets say he isnt quite right. Lets say, he got stuff wrong and a cunning wolf may use that to his or her advantage.

Ive my eye on you

Can you not just write one line, expand on your point how you think It'd help. You sound like someone just throwing around accusations.

Like its a list of 5 people im on it and you think I'm doing it to help a teammate(s) Which ones why. Say something of some substance. Bar thebaseless/unexplained stuff your spouting.

I was working on a thoery going off todays munches and wanted to see if it lined up with why Trigger got killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ive my eye on you

6bdcdebf8de5b30f9ebc231881c36d84a6badb9c_hq.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Barney92 wrote: »
    @destroyer, how come you voted for sKeith? Your FFA was yosser, guffy and ecto. sKeith wasn't even on your list of five wolves at the very beginning. What made you change your mind?

destroyer did not vote. you reading it backwards, I voted for him.

Also RIP Tigger, pretty crap that the Body Guard didn't defend him I can only assume they protected themselves, but surely they must know Tigger would be a high target? he nails folks right away and is always dangerous to have around.

Pretty crap though if you are Tigger though but try to console yourself M8 that they all fear you!

This is the post I was referring to Pter.

sKeith wrote: »
    destroyer did not vote. you reading it backwards, I voted for him.

I know, around five minutes after that or so I realised the mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

i'll be on over lunch, but why focus on me? all the facts are out there, there's nothing to investigate, only a judgement to be made.

look at other posters. some people wanting to string me up, acting without thinking. are happy to throw m under the bus. maybe we should have an investigation after all.

should we have a convo about the merits of the priest coming out? there are 4 dead, that would give us good info, especially with the lynch voting and munch.

I don't think you are doing yourself many favours Yoss. On the first bolded bit, are you surprised people want to string you up, given your antics and their timing last night? I mean within minutes of a lynch vote deadline....

While I appreciate your suggesting a conversation on the priest coming out, you ultimately go on to advocate it - I am taking it that your last sentence is you expressing your view that the priest comes out - "there are 4 dead, that would give us good info,especially with the lynch voting and munch."
    IMO that is far too early and this is very suss. Again adding the sum of all parts you are high on my suspicion list.

That said, it doesn't do the village any good to just rail road you through to the lynch. Other suspects need to be brought into the light and be part of any race/FFA or whatever tactic we decide with regard to today's lynch.

The rules of the OP regarding hidden roles also create niggling doubts. Though such rules could be used by the wolves as easily to cause confusion.

Barney92 wrote: »
    This is the post I was referring to Pter.

that wouldn't concern in my too much by itself. Tigger, even if a wolf, is useful to have around as he can spot other wolves. Although, if a wolf, he can spot good roles too, which is dangerous to the village naturally.

It is a bit sucky that he gets killed off at the start of games (not saying it's always the case)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guffy went in pretty strong yesterday about the Priest coming out, yeah? Like, multiple times?

He dies, and then Yoss starts up that line of thought too?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah that is strange, it's far too early for the priest to come out. Absolute diversion tactics in play by Yoss again. But he can't be the sole option today.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Guffy went in pretty strong yesterday about the Priest coming out, yeah? Like, multiple times?

It'd be suicidal if they were on the same team though to follow such tactics.
    but then there's double, treble, quadruple bluffs etc.

My thoughts on day 1

Skeith – Lots of posts, a wolf perhaps trying to not lie low? Post 125 he questions Uriel which is very early on, tries to rattle a few cages on Sat too. Undecided on him thus far, my read on him is that hes good but maybe hes just a good wolf acting villager

Destroyer : A newbie and his baddie list on day 1 could easily be a move of inexperience. Id imagine if he was a wolf, his wolf buddies would be advising him against stuff like this.

The others are dead, IE Trit and Guffy. If they were wolves then woohoo but if not, Pter was quick to call Guffy out on Day 1.

Reading back on day 2 now

Can you not just write one line, expand on your point how you think It'd help. You sound like someone just throwing around accusations.

Like its a list of 5 people im on it and you think I'm doing it to help a teammate(s) Which ones why. Say something of some substance. Bar thebaseless/unexplained stuff your spouting.

I was working on a thoery going off todays munches and wanted to see if it lined up with why Trigger got killed.

Whats your theory then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Oh geez this is going to be tough. The most important role for sure is the priest, we just have to hope we have one alive and they can come out once we have a good amount of bodies. UNLESS the app priest dies and we have no one to take over.

BUT if the app priest is alive AND the BG which the priest will know anyway, he can come out, get protected and give us a few more names before he dies. Then the next priest kicks in.

That is my hope. It is an intricate game this time round and we really are the blind leading the blind.
    Don't come out before the lynch, thats madness (you'd be turned immediatly). 9:59.59am is when you do it, so close that wolves dont have time to change, but before you are not allowed speak, in case you were targeted. then you get protection for the next munch and its wlakers day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Uriel. wrote: »
    I don't think you are doing yourself many favours Yoss. On the first bolded bit, are you surprised people want to string you up, given your antics and their timing last night? I mean within minutes of a lynch vote deadline....

While I appreciate your suggesting a conversation on the priest coming out, you ultimately go on to advocate it - I am taking it that your last sentence is you expressing your view that the priest comes out - "there are 4 dead, that would give us good info,especially with the lynch voting and munch."
    IMO that is far too early and this is very suss. Again adding the sum of all parts you are high on my suspicion list.

That said, it doesn't do the village any good to just rail road you through to the lynch. Other suspects need to be brought into the light and be part of any race/FFA or whatever tactic we decide with regard to today's lynch.

The rules of the OP regarding hidden roles also create niggling doubts. Though such rules could be used by the wolves as easily to cause confusion.

of course i'm surprised, given i'm not bad. the timing last night.... i asked ecto for an updated ffa #3 to see where i stood. i thought i was in real danger so came out. i coundnt do anything about the timing.

i'm not saying i wanted the priest to come out, but highlighting the benefit of them coming out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My thoughts on day 1

Skeith – Lots of posts, a wolf perhaps trying to not lie low? Post 125 he questions Uriel which is very early on, tries to rattle a few cages on Sat too. Undecided on him thus far, my read on him is that hes good but maybe hes just a good wolf acting villager

By far the biggest poster so far but is he posting anything of value or is it all a sideshow to distract from who he is, wither good or bad. I'm coming round the idea he's more good than bad and may have an important role to play and he is hiding in plain sight.

Lord TSC wrote: »

there's nothing wrong with that line of thought. all possibilities must be considered.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah that is strange, it's far too early for the priest to come out. Absolute diversion tactics in play by Yoss again. But he can't be the sole option today.

diversion how? it seems everything i do is a diversion tactic while also drawing attention to myself. these 2 things dont reconcile

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Ah be nice boys lets not poke old wounds!

As for who the wolves might have picked, if an experienced player was picking they might have picked a newbie? Someone there's no frame of ref for?

My upfront picks are Trit and Urine. They smell bad to me

Why did Trit and Uriel appear so bad to you on day 1 TB?

Reasoning?

• Advertisement

diversion how? it seems everything i do is a diversion tactic while also drawing attention to myself. these 2 things dont reconcile

Yoss. Here's an easy question.
    You claimed a role last night.
    Are you still claiming a role
    Or
    Did you just do it because you are an NRV that didn't want to be lynched

?

Advertisement