Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

diversion how? it seems everything i do is a diversion tactic while also drawing attention to myself. these 2 things dont reconcile

Easy you're diverting from other wolves by drawing focus on yourself so we lose a day and a decent lynch option by lynching you, giving your team mates another unopposed munch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sKeith wrote: »
    Don't come out before the lynch, thats madness (you'd be turned immediatly). 9:59.59am is when you do it, so close that wolves dont have time to change, but before you are not allowed speak, in case you were targeted. then you get protection for the next munch and its wlakers day off.

I didn't state a time, that part is obvious. Read it again. I wanted to get maximum body identification. Don't go stirring the pot as I did not suggest just randomly coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Loughc wrote: »
    Easy you're diverting from other wolves by drawing focus on yourself so we lose a day and a decent lynch option by lynching you, giving your team mates another unopposed munch.

okay, who am i taking the focus off? by your reasoning, they will be wolves

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats your theory then?

So you are unable to put into words why you think bringing up the list is suspicious just that it is?

Read my timeline of today you will see I was wondering about stuff before the list.

Think we have a little wolfy here lads

there's nothing wrong with that line of thought. all possibilities must be considered.

Are you in politics :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah that is strange, it's far too early for the priest to come out. Absolute diversion tactics in play by Yoss again. But he can't be the sole option today.

One other note (just a random thought).

If there is a diversion tactic going on, I'd be very suspicious of anyone starting up new fights this morning, out of the blue.

I'm not specifically saying its a definitive example, but Beaker this morning emerging from nowhere and going in HARD on Mick, with nothing much substantial.

There's a possibility (probability? Assuming the worst) that if Yoss was on a wolf team, and was protecting a person...there's still a third wolf in that group in play, who might go in an utterly different direction with a distraction tactic too. Someone who deliberately is going to avoid engaging in the Yoss discussion, and instead try to drag the attention onto someone completely unrelated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yoss. Here's an easy question.
    You claimed a role last night.
    Are you still claiming a role
    Or
    Did you just do it because you are an NRV that didn't want to be lynched

?

Yoss, in case you missed this from Uriel. Could you answer it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So you are unable to put into words why you think bringing up the list is suspicious just that it is?

Read my timeline of today you will see I was wondering about stuff before the list.

Think we have a little wolfy here lads

Listen Michael, whats your theory? Have you even got a theory? Or just nothing?

Avoiding the question?

I think its very reasonable for a wolf to suggest Tiggers list if most of his wolf buddies aren’t on it. He plays martyr and suggests we look at the list. You following me ok Michael or do you just wanna act dumb and deflect???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

okay, who am i taking the focus off? by your reasoning, they will be wolves

I have no idea, you're just taking the focus off the group from opening up new lines of investigation by ridiculous role claims and talking about Priest reveals already. It just sounds like you're buying time and taking one for the team.

Now is that Team Negan or Team Gov?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

that wouldn't concern in my too much by itself. Tigger, even if a wolf, is useful to have around as he can spot other wolves. Although, if a wolf, he can spot good roles too, which is dangerous to the village naturally.

It is a bit sucky that he gets killed off at the start of games (not saying it's always the case)

Oh he's useful but you don't see everyone saying that the bg did a bad job and that it is a shame tigger is dead and then voting because tigger has 'skillz'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Right so on the voting list we're not left with that many. If we ignore Yoss for the moment as he is the painfully obvious choice so it won't advance our game much. Is there anyone else on that list we need to consider before we all go full mob mentality on Yoss.

Loughc why have you crossed out the folks that voted for drum, guffy anfd trit in this list?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Loughc why have you crossed out the folks that voted for drum, guffy anfd trit in this list?

I was crossing off Drum, Guffy and Trit as they are dead, I was trying to see if there was anyone who had votes from yesterday still alive worth looking into again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Why did Trit and Uriel appear so bad to you on day 1 TB?

Reasoning?

TBH I thought Guffy was more off than either of them hence my voting for him

For Trit, he just seemed different more aggressive in tone, and as I said earlier I initially thought him and guffy were working together, they seemed to be purposely not interacting and then interracting, it just seemed staged to me. Trit called me out on going after Guffy and then when Guffy responded he said oh yeah guffy is the wolf here. I can't explain it very well they just seemed off.

For Uriel, he's just a bad man!

joking aside again it's just a gut thing, he seemed off to me again a bit agressive and prepared and also I thought it was weird that he popped in with "hey guys we haven't considered that each team got to pick their final member lets discuss who would pick who and why"
    It seemed weird, as that conversation had taken place the evening before and earlier that morning. I
    t seemed like a wolfey tactic to speculate on that for a while to throw people off putting forth that if would definitely be experienced players who would be picked. It seemed like him taking the opportunity to put some people in the crosshairs. While creating something he could point to has him helping to get the village organised.

I wasn't as sold on him being a baddie as much as the other two, but I needed a 3rd for FFA and he seemed wolfier than any other contenders at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Oh he's useful but you don't see everyone saying that the bg did a bad job and that it is a shame tigger is dead and then voting because tigger has 'skillz'.

lol skillz

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Listen Michael, whats your theory? Have you even got a theory? Or just nothing?

Avoiding the question?

I think its very reasonable for a wolf to suggest Tiggers list if most of his wolf buddies aren’t on it. He plays martyr and suggests we look at the list. You following me ok Michael or do you just wanna act dumb and deflect???

My theory was we had a team of inexperienced wolfs hence some weird munches this morning and if Tigger had named one of them it would explain his demise. But there was no one really on it that fit the bill.

I didn't want to be seeing as picking on newer players but u got to go with what u have.

As I said nothing turned up in the Tigger list but it doesn't blow the theory.

Thanks for ur explanation that really wasn't that hard now was it bj

It's important I feel that we don't lose sight of one particular mechanic of this game. It's not a new one, but still Important. The fact that the third baddie on each team was chosen by the said team.

That naturally brings a certain level of meta into the game.

Sadly, I am thinking of the tactic respective teams would have used for their picks. Obviously it depends to Some degree as to who are the first two players on each team (noobs might not know other players with history etc)

Putting myself into the bad teams shoes l, for example, I wouldn't pick Tigger, too likely to be gone early (as we've seen).

My picks would probably be cross, excellent at staying under the radar as a baddie.

Trit, usually goes deep into the game, though never a baddie before so uncertainty as to how he'd play the role.

Well dweller always a good shot for smart baddie play.

Sorry that it's meta but the mods have introduced a potential element of meta with that particular mechanic

For Trit, he just seemed different more aggressive in tone, and as I said earlier I initially thought him and guffy were working together, they seemed to be purposely not interacting and then interracting, it just seemed staged to me. Trit called me out on going after Guffy and then when Guffy responded he said oh yeah guffy is the wolf here. I can't explain it very well they just seemed off.

joking aside again it's just a gut thing, he seemed off to me again a bit agressive and prepared and also I thought it was weird that he popped in with "hey guys we haven't considered that each team got to pick their final member lets discuss who would pick who and why"
    It seemed weird, as that conversation had taken place the evening before and earlier that morning. I
    t seemed like a wolfey tactic to speculate on that for a while to throw people off putting forth that if would definitely be experienced players who would be picked. It seemed like him taking the opportunity to put some people in the crosshairs. While creating something he could point to has him helping to get the village organised.

I wasn't as sold on him being a baddie as much as the other two, but I needed a 3rd for FFA and he seemed wolfier than any other contenders at the time

happy to bring that post to the fore for it to be picked apart as being wolfie.
    Don't see it myself, but I suppose I would say that wouldn't I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I know, around five minutes after that or so I realised the mistake.
    Sorry , yeah, got to it 5 minutes later.

Yoss. Here's an easy question.
    You claimed a role last night.
    Are you still claiming a role
    Or
    Did you just do it because you are an NRV that didn't want to be lynched

?
    Yoss, in case you missed this from Uriel. Could you answer it please?

The Silence hurts my ears

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

You also mention Keith on Day 1 as being on your list, why did he not make your FFA?

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ok, Final super sexy, I'm making no more changes to this thing #FFA1

Player FFA1
    1. Skeith destroyer tritium PatrickStarr
    4. Triceratops Ballet Tritium Guffy Uriel
    5. Ectoplasm pter yosser sofireland
    6. MicksJaguar Drumpot Guffy
    10. Amandadon yosser sKeith Guffy
    11. Barney92 cross Guffy MrsFD
    14. Lord TSC sKeith Tritium Guffy
    15. tritium Triceratops Uriel drumpot
    17. Uriel Guffy Cross Tritium
    19. Molly Drumpot pter loughc
    20. Destroyer yosser guffy ectoplasm
    21. Kolido Mick Vale sKeith
    25. partyjungle cross yosser drumpot
    27. Strawberry Milkshake yosser barney mahama
    29. duffman13 sKeith yosser Tritium
    TALLY

Guffy 7
    yosser 6
    Tritium 5
    Drumpot 4
    sKeith 4
    Uriel 2
    pter 2
    Crosstownk 3
    Destroyer 1
    PatrickStarr 1
    sofireland 1
    TB 1
    Loughc 1
    Ectoplasm 1
    Barney 1
    Mahama 1
    Mick 1
    Vale 1
    MrsFD 1
    Jayop wrote: »
    END OF DAY 1, START OF NIGHT 1
    Lynch 1
    Drumpot - 6 -
    MrsFD, Molly, Mick, Tritium, crosstownk, Yossar1An22
    Tritium - 6 - LordTSC, The Valeyard, Guffy, Drumpot, Pter, mahamageehad
    Skeith - 2 - LoughC, Duffman
    Guffy - 2 - Uriel, Triceratops
    y0ssar1an22 - 3 - Amandadon, jayo26, strawbs
    Pter - 2 - Stu Redman, Ectoplasm
    Destroyer - 1 - Skeith
    MrsFD - 1 - Barney
    Micksjaguar - 1 - Kolido
    mahamageehad - 1 - Beakerjoe
    partyjungle - 1 - PatrickSTARR
    LordTSC - 1 - partyjungle

Ok is there anything to be said for looking at voting patterns? We have 3 wolf teams (basically). No point trying to weed out the walker in there coz it's a futile exercise.
    There are 6 wolves in that voting list there. Assuming that none of Drumpot, Trit or Guffy were wolves that leaves us with 24 votes and 2 no votes. (FWIW I do think Drumpot was a wolf but we'll leave that aside for now). This is the list above minus the non voters.

MrsFD
    Molly - obvs a villager.
    Mick
    Cross
    Yoss
    Lord
    Vale
    Pter
    Maha
    Loughc
    Duffman
    Uriel
    TB
    Amanda
    Jayo
    Strawbs
    Stu
    Ecto
    sK
    Barney
    Kolido
    BJ
    Patrick*
    PJ

Could we do an FFA on that list? I realise it's a big list.

• Advertisement

happy to bring that post to the fore for it to be picked apart as being wolfie.
    Don't see it myself, but I suppose I would say that wouldn't I.

Thanks, I was looking for it myself to multiquote it with the previous convo!

Hi molly, did you munch Titanium or did you munch Lord Guffington.
    It would help us greatly if we knew
    Thanks

You also mention Keith on Day 1 as being on your list, why did he not make your FFA?

Cos an FFA is 3 people and I picked the 3 I though were wolfiest

have you a point here p* let's get to it shall we?

My theory was we had a team of inexperienced wolfs hence some weird munches this morning and if Tigger had named one of them it would explain his demise. But there was no one really on it that fit the bill.

I didn't want to be seeing as picking on newer players but u got to go with what u have.

As I said nothing turned up in the Tigger list but it doesn't blow the theory.

Thanks for ur explanation that really wasn't that hard now was it bj

And thank you in return, its nice isnt it?

Ok is there anything to be said for looking at voting patterns? We have 3 wolf teams (basically). No point trying to weed out the walker in there coz it's a futile exercise.
    There are 6 wolves in that voting list there. Assuming that none of Drumpot, Trit or Guffy were wolves that leaves us with 24 votes and 2 no votes. (FWIW I do think Drumpot was a wolf but we'll leave that aside for now). This is the list above minus the non voters.

MrsFD
    Molly - obvs a villager.
    Mick
    Cross
    Yoss
    Lord
    Vale
    Pter
    Maha
    Loughc
    Duffman
    Uriel
    TB
    Amanda
    Jayo
    Strawbs
    Stu
    Ecto
    sK
    Barney
    Kolido
    BJ
    Patrick*
    PJ

Could we do an FFA on that list? I realise it's a big list.

Why do you think that the LDB was a wolf?
    This could be an important nugget of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So, the walker wants to convert a baddie team member to gain intel correct? The rest of the team do not know if said team member was converted? Would that also make the baddie teams suspicious of their own team?

Hahaha, think the baddies could be more paranoid than the village this time!!

Just wondering why you though Keith was bad then you didnt put him in your FFA.

Why did you think Keith was bad initially?

I was crossing off Drum, Guffy and Trit as they are dead, I was trying to see if there was anyone who had votes from yesterday still alive worth looking into again.

Do you not think that there were any wolves in the ones who voted for those 3 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Why switch from keith? Why did you see him as bad, thats my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

We need to hear more from Cross, 3 posts so far and had time to put a vote in. Possibly a late vote also. I know we are not talking about who picked who for the 3rd members, but he is fairly experienced.

Advertisement