Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ugh I've just looked at my list here and I couldn't even pick 3 off it to do an FFA. Despite my thoughts that we need to leave Yoss alone for today uriel and Loughc are still pushing at him. Maybe slightly suspicious? Maybe opposing teams? I think I'd maybe go with those 3 for the FFA but I'm still thinking about it.

Slightly suspicions asking questions of someone who jumped in with a weird role claim in the lead up to the lynch who then deflected left right and centre on simple questions?

Well if that's suspicious then string me up.

Yoss is an easy FFA inclusion.
    Your reason for including me and Loughy is tenuous, just like your reason for voting Drummy last night.
    I get it, it's tough be a wolf sometimes, but Jebus I am giving a D- minus for effort.
    You must try harder!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ugh I've just looked at my list here and I couldn't even pick 3 off it to do an FFA. Despite my thoughts that we need to leave Yoss alone for today uriel and Loughc are still pushing at him. Maybe slightly suspicious? Maybe opposing teams? I think I'd maybe go with those 3 for the FFA but I'm still thinking about it.

I've been saying all day we need to look elsewhere other than Yoss, but Yoss keeps deflecting back onto him...

I'm happy not to push on Yoss any further as I think it's quite obvious he isn't a good guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'm only getting time for this now so I'm way, way behind and there's no way I'll be able to read back 1,500 posts.

If anyone has time please give me a brief summary of what's happened - particularly the Yoss thing.

i was in danger of being munched. i claimed the role of apprentice seer

somewhere digi is f'ing and blinding about this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

it didnt take long. i said when i made the claim. the 3 scenarios are what ye need to weight up

Uriel posted the exact question an hour ago, then I did. You've been posting and refusing to answer until he asked the exact same question again. No idea why you answered then when you'd previously not done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Uriel. wrote: »
    Thank you Molly.

I find it a bit of tenuous reason to vote for the LDB tbh. calling out low posters to get them in the game...There was also a lot of discussion around this tactic with various sides put forward.

IMO it is a very weak reason to pick someone out. Add to the fact that drummy's lynching came from nowhere, I am afraid to say you rise significantly on my suspicions list.

Your face is tenuous.
    Picking out Drummy and Pter was the first thing I did in the game basically. Both because they went for low posters loudly wchih I thought was bollix so early in the game. You'll note that my vote for Drum was in relatively early (in the wagon that apparently formed) so it wasn't a case of jumping on it for me. I did not mention anywhere that I had voted for Drumpot until after the lynch so it's not like I led the wagon either. And in any case, there were 6 votes a piece on Drum and Trit so I don't think it properly counts as a wagon anyway.
    You are of course entitled to think whatever you wish of me but I gotta say this sudden turn onto me after your shouting match with Trit this morning and picking at Yoss between then and now is not sitting well with me old man. You seem to be flailing a lot today and I don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You're probably not the best person to explain the Yoss thing :pac:

lol all morning you refuse to talk and now you are singing like a canary.

Lucky for you Molly let her mask slip.

Loughc wrote: »
    I've been saying all day we need to look elsewhere other than Yoss, but Yoss keeps deflecting back onto him...

I'm happy not to push on Yoss any further as I think it's quite obvious he isn't a good guy.

enough of this deflection nonsense. i will not give out info that may help the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

When it came time to do an FFA guffy seemed wolfiest to me, then trit and urine.

Skeith seemed wolfie to me early on because he was posting a lot, and I think wolves like trying to be noisy up front to get their post counts up. Also generating a lot of posts overnight while people are asleep means people are on catch up from the minute they wake up, it feels like burying people in nothing.

In addition he made a few posts about the stats of gameplay, it felt like something pretty empty that appears useful and can be pointed back to to show how helpful he has been

Thanks.

The reason I ask is because, me personally couldn't read anyone being bad or good early on. I just like to know others reasoning why they thought someone was bad so early when I could not.

Looking over day 1, a few things jump out but I find it too early to suggest someones wolfy based on what I saw one day 1. Now I may use information from day 2 and combine it with day 1 to come to a better conclusion.

Ive read up until 1030am yesterday.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Uriel posted the exact question an hour ago, then I did. You've been posting and refusing to answer until he asked the exact same question again. No idea why you answered then when you'd previously not done so.

i was out for lunch from 12.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

okay, who am i taking the focus off? by your reasoning, they will be wolves

I feel your acting solo, so either your telling the truth as a seer which I don't believe to be the case, your a nrv which seems unlikely as I don't think you were hugely in danger, it was a spread vote and could have went any way.

The role of walker fits you IMO cause it seemed like a desperate move to keep yourself in game. Your first turn is tonight so if you were protected you'd get a run to convert someone.

The voting patterns aren't really showing too much at the moment, few very low posters which are suspiciously quiet. The munch this morning throws up interesting questions, two wolf teams taking each other out or the majority of us were barking up the wrong tree. I feel at least one of them was a wolf

lol all morning you refuse to talk and now you are singing like a canary.

Lucky for you Molly let her mask slip.

eh, i'm on my lunch break

Would people be interested in saying the top three people or even the one person they would've nominated to be on their team? I know uriel and a few others, myself included, toyed with the idea yesterday and the say before but it might be instructive.

Your face is tenuous.
    Picking out Drummy and Pter was the first thing I did in the game basically. Both because they went for low posters loudly wchih I thought was bollix so early in the game. You'll note that my vote for Drum was in relatively early (in the wagon that apparently formed) so it wasn't a case of jumping on it for me. I did not mention anywhere that I had voted for Drumpot until after the lynch so it's not like I led the wagon either. And in any case, there were 6 votes a piece on Drum and Trit so I don't think it properly counts as a wagon anyway.
    You are of course entitled to think whatever you wish of me but I gotta say this sudden turn onto me after your shouting match with Trit this morning and picking at Yoss between then and now is not sitting well with me old man. You seem to be flailing a lot today and I don't like it.

I've already said that there is no value in concentrating solely on Yoss today, that would be silly from a village perspective. Need to keep probing. You've made it very easy putting yourself in the crosshairs so far today. It's not my fault you left your Den to a loud fanfare.

P* while we're talking, WTF was the deal with only posting quotes up to today, a few people asked it and I don't think you explained?

I hadn't the time yesterday to read and contribute, but wanted to be active. So I posted some lovely Alan Partidge quotes in keep active.

PJ was the first to spot this and voted for him because of this. I had to vote for someone so I chose him. I don't have an opinion on him yet. No hard feelings PJ

I've already said that there is no value in concentrating solely on Yoss today, that would be silly from a village perspective. Need to keep probing. You've made it very easy putting yourself in the crosshairs so far today. It's not my fault you left your Den to a loud fanfare.

Are you ****ing kidding me? You're the one that's been pushing Yoss all morning!

duffman13 wrote: »
    The role of walker fits you IMO cause it seemed like a desperate move to keep yourself in game. Your first turn is tonight so if you were protected you'd get a run to convert someone.

I dunno about that. As Walker, I would imagine it would be preferable to keep the head down until the first conversion - otherwise the risk of being killed is high and the Walkers may never be.

i was out for lunch from 12.30

My point wasn't that you only got around to answering when you were on lunch, it was that you were posting and thanking posts from right after uriels question and yet you refused to answer. You actually acknowledged the question but refused to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Kolido wrote: »
    We need to hear more from Cross, 3 posts so far and had time to put a vote in. Possibly a late vote also. I know we are not talking about who picked who for the 3rd members, but he is fairly experienced.
    I'm only getting time for this now so I'm way, way behind and there's no way I'll be able to read back 1,500 posts.

If anyone has time please give me a brief summary of what's happened - particularly the Yoss thing.

Nice of you to drop in. Cosy in the den?

Any particular reason for your vote last night?

Would people be interested in saying the top three people or even the one person they would've nominated to be on their team? I know uriel and a few others, myself included, toyed with the idea yesterday and the say before but it might be instructive.

if you do that, TB will tell you that it's not an original idea and that you are looking to score villager points Mr. Wolfy McWolfenstein.

or something to that effect.

I try to be lenient with her on account of the TB and that though.

• Advertisement

My point wasn't that you only got around to answering when you were on lunch, it was that you were posting and thanking posts from right after uriels question and yet you refused to answer. You actually acknowledged the question but refused to answer.

i didnt want to answer the question and still wont answer any parts that may give info to the wolves

TBH I thought Guffy was more off than either of them hence my voting for him

For Trit, he just seemed different more aggressive in tone, and as I said earlier I initially thought him and guffy were working together, they seemed to be purposely not interacting and then interracting, it just seemed staged to me. Trit called me out on going after Guffy and then when Guffy responded he said oh yeah guffy is the wolf here. I can't explain it very well they just seemed off.

For Uriel, he's just a bad man!

joking aside again it's just a gut thing, he seemed off to me again a bit agressive and prepared and also I thought it was weird that he popped in with "hey guys we haven't considered that each team got to pick their final member lets discuss who would pick who and why"
    It seemed weird, as that conversation had taken place the evening before and earlier that morning. I
    t seemed like a wolfey tactic to speculate on that for a while to throw people off putting forth that if would definitely be experienced players who would be picked. It seemed like him taking the opportunity to put some people in the crosshairs. While creating something he could point to has him helping to get the village organised.

I wasn't as sold on him being a baddie as much as the other two, but I needed a 3rd for FFA and he seemed wolfier than any other contenders at the time

You also mention Keith on Day 1 as being on your list, why did he not make your FFA?

Any particular reason why you voted for me yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

I dunno about that. As Walker, I would imagine it would be preferable to keep the head down until the first conversion - otherwise the risk of being killed is high and the Walkers may never be.

This is true but his strategy of claiming to be a seer in the run up to the vote was desperate and doesn't feel like it would be a good team move if he was in a team. Unless it was to deflect from a team mate however with that vote always going to be close it was a bit early for a hail Mary to out himself unless he needed a little time.

Kolido wrote: »
    Nice of you to drop in. Cosy in the den?

Any particular reason for your vote last night?

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

As I stated earlier in answer to Barney's question, my vote was entirely random. I'm only getting time for this now so my knowledge of what's happened to date is quite sketchy.

This is true but his strategy of claiming to be a seer in the run up to the vote was desperate and doesn't feel like it would be a good team move if he was in a team. Unless it was to deflect from a team mate however with that vote always going to be close it was a bit early for a hail Mary to out himself unless he needed a little time.

if i was the walker i wouldn't have engaged in anything controversial to begin with to get on people's FFA in the 1st place

Any particular reason why you voted for me yesterday

Read my last post

I see where you're coming from but it seems like too high a risk to me - enough for me to be happy enough, for now, that Yoss isn't the Walker. I doubt he's the seer either.

I don't think you are doing yourself many favours Yoss. On the first bolded bit, are you surprised people want to string you up, given your antics and their timing last night? I mean within minutes of a lynch vote deadline....

While I appreciate your suggesting a conversation on the priest coming out, you ultimately go on to advocate it - I am taking it that your last sentence is you expressing your view that the priest comes out - "there are 4 dead, that would give us good info,especially with the lynch voting and munch."
    IMO that is far too early and this is very suss. Again adding the sum of all parts you are high on my suspicion list.

That said, it doesn't do the village any good to just rail road you through to the lynch. Other suspects need to be brought into the light and be part of any race/FFA or whatever tactic we decide with regard to today's lynch.

The rules of the OP regarding hidden roles also create niggling doubts. Though such rules could be used by the wolves as easily to cause confusion.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? You're the one that's been pushing Yoss all morning!

oh molten you're a funny one. see above.

Folks we need to move on from the Yoss discussion. It's getting us nowhere. Can people have a look at other players that they think are suspicious and put forward an FFA2 for todays lynch? Otherwise we're flying blind.

• Advertisement

i didnt want to answer the question and still wont answer any parts that may give info to the wolves

But you answered the question after saying you wouldn't answer. You can see why people find it hard enough to believe when you aren't entirely forthcoming about your own claim. Whether the claim is true or if it was a ploy to survive doesn't really give wolves any info they didn't have when you made the claim in the first place.

Advertisement