Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ah so you all killed poor Drumpot based on Tiggers list, #740.

While not a bad move considering we are blind, I just cant bring myself to follow that list. What if Tigger was bad and feeding you sh!te.

what has #740 got to do with tiggers list? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104772480&postcount=740

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

sKeith wrote: »

Sorry, I didn't mean to post that, its the point where I noticed Drumpot was beginning to be public enemy number 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also are we living in the zombieland style village or pure walking dead territory, cause zombieland had some hilarity

You can live wherever you damn well please Vale :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    You can live wherever you damn well please Vale :D

Necro still going for top poster, you just cant stay in teh background can you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Someone was mentioningn bullets yesterday, there are non in this game that we know of.

• Advertisement

But wouldnt we all want to be seen as NRVs.

Maybe your a wolf trying to backtrack a little?

Noob question: Would outing myself as an NRV not leave me prime pickings for wolves? I might have been going on the assumption that this was the case.

I can't be a wolf, my howl at the moon doesn't even reach the electric pylons here outside my normal house in my normal zombie-overrun village.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kolido wrote: »
    Someone was mentioningn bullets yesterday, there are non in this game that we know of.

Maybe this game has Daryl Dixon using a crossbow instead, or maybe Rick has bullets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Noob question: Would outing myself as an NRV not leave me prime pickings for wolves? I might have been going on the assumption that this was the case.

I can't be a wolf, my howl at the moon doesn't even reach the electric pylons here outside my normal house in my normal zombie-overrun village.

Nrv are just cattle at the moment. Thw bad teams want the special roled players to eliminate threats to them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Necro still going for top poster, you just cant stay in teh background can you :rolleyes:

I walk on the wild side BJ. Blur the lines and such. :D:D

I dunno if your an uninformed newbie or a clever newbie acting dumb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Would outing myself as an NRV not leave me prime pickings for wolves?

The wolf teams know who each other are so they know if you are/aren't on their team already.

We're all NRVs don't ya know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necrominus wrote: »
    I walk on the wild side BJ. Blur the lines and such. :D:D

Wild side... wild like a wolf! :eek:

This has crossed my mind also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Wolves are role hunting at this stage, they would avoid you and have a better chance of finding a roled vil

We are all NRVs Stu :cool:

Maybe you should PM the mods the questions instead

But wouldnt we all want to be seen as NRVs.

Maybe your a wolf trying to backtrack a little?

Put yourself in the shoes of the wolves. Who are their prime targets? They want the seer, the walker, the other wolf team, possibly the priest.

Then they want the nrv's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Outing yourself as anything will leave you as prime pickings for wolves!

The village can win with only 1 villager, most of us are cannon fodder here to get that 1 person to the end!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've begun writing that a few times, and then stopped a few times too. I'm well aware his strongest post so far was against yours truely, so didn't want to look like I'm retaliating or such. But the "I'm just a naive young goody" would be a very easy place for a wolf to hide...

Stu Redman 16
    crosstownk 15
    jayo26 15
    destroyer 12
    Amandadon 8
    sofireland 8

Anything worth looking into with these guys? Day 2 and still low posts and Stu is looking more and more dodge.

My take on Stu is that he has his head screwed on. So far from what ive read he seems to know the mechanics of the game at the very least. Im inclined to believe he's a new guy finding his feet for now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    Stu Redman 16
    crosstownk 15
    jayo26 15
    destroyer 12
    Amandadon 8
    sofireland 8

Anything worth looking into with these guys? Day 2 and still low posts and Stu is looking more and more dodge.

I tend to give newer players benefit of the doubt, since they may be still learning, but cross stands out like a sore thumb there....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I tend to give newer players benefit of the doubt, since they may be still learning, but cross stands out like a sore thumb there....

I mean I don't want to say most prolific serial killer of all time, but I was thinking that too!!

That said I don't want to get into meta stuff, I haven't seen enough of CTK's posts to think he's definitely bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I have Stu down for what he says he is. A NRV

Yoss, dodgy AF
    Ariel, hmmm a bit dodge too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm inclined to believe Stu and give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. If he is a wolf playing us then it will be the greatest first game since Necro's first outing.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Fair point and I'd think the same if the tables were turned.

I'm not claiming a role nor am I trying to excuse my low posts but when it comes to targeting low posters, I am always mindful that there could well be a roled villager in that group. Low posting is not just a place for wolves to hide.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I'm inclined to believe Stu and give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Benefit of the doubt may well be in order but newbie or not, it still looks dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

crosstownk wrote: »
    I was unable to keep up yesterday due to other stuff. I voted for Drumpot around 2045. It was a purely random vote as there was no way I had time to read the whole thread.

Cross I really don't like this post. Do you mean that your vote for Drummy was random in that you looked at the list of players and picked one at random or did you look at the discussion on the thread at that point and just randomly go for Drum coz he was being discussed? If so, why not Trit? He was also being bandied about.

If it was a totally random pick I find it a bit unbelievable that you picked one of the guys that were being discussed by the players.

So are those who followed Tiggers list and voted for Drum going to continue following it tonight?

• Advertisement

I'm an uninformed newbie, if you want to believe it. Jayop got me here and I said this earlier in the thread, although it's buried in 1500 posts at this stage.

Jayop might as well have come in to the Man United thread last week saying "Hey, I'm looking for people to partake in this astrophysics conversation I'm hosting this weekend, don't worry if you have no previous knowledge..." because my knowledge of astrophysics is probably the same as, if not more than, my knowledge of Werewolf and Walking Dead...combined!

I f¨cking wish I was acting dumb. I've never felt more lost or more uncool on the internet than my participation in this thread...never. Not even when photos of me being physically lost were posted on the internet.

I've done a lot to explain my posts, and I respect the other posters enough for them to know that noobs are possibly this dumb - Uriel reckons I've lost it or am batshít insane, Cross doesn't know what I'm saying. This game might not be for me. However, I'm not leaving voluntarily.

You beakerjoe seem keen to give the appearance that you are trying to suss out a wolf, while you should know like most of the others that I'm out of my element here. You want to appear to be helpful to the village, by directing your time and resources towards something you know is a dead end and won't actually catch a wolf. I might be a noob and still learning, but is that not a wolf tactic?

Advertisement