Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So are those who followed Tiggers list and voted for Drum going to continue following it tonight?

Following Tiggers line of thinking so, who's next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

crosstownk wrote: »
    Benefit of the doubt may well be in order but newbie or not, it still looks dodge.

It does of course but I'd be happy enough to put him in the Yoss category and give him a by for today in search of better less confusing targets. Without someone to corroborate (such as a priest or seer) there's no way to ascertain if they're lying or not. So best to put them to one side for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Cross I really don't like this post. Do you mean that your vote for Drummy was random in that you looked at the list of players and picked one at random or did you look at the discussion on the thread at that point and just randomly go for Drum coz he was being discussed? If so, why not Trit? He was also being bandied about.

If it was a totally random pick I find it a bit unbelievable that you picked one of the guys that were being discussed by the players.

It was about as random as it could get, unfortunately :o - it could have been anyone. It was either that or not vote and annoy the mods. I hadn't two seconds to fart yesterday and was unable to read the thread.

Apologies to Drumpot, btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

et.

This game might not be for me. However, I'm not leaving voluntarily.

sidenote, everyone is this lost first time out. stick with it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

its 4 o clock.

We could do with coming up with some sort of plan, cause so far, I feel its going to be everyone lumping on Yoss, and that doesn't tell us much.

Should we try an FFA between now and 7ish, compile the list and see where we are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

So are those who followed Tiggers list and voted for Drum going to continue following it tonight?

I think Yoss is a wolf and his ploy last night was desperation. If he had been a simple NRV he would have taken one for the team. Just don't believe he is the app seer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea I'm giving Stu the benefit of the doubt here.

I'm an uninformed newbie, if you want to believe it. Jayop got me here and I said this earlier in the thread, although it's buried in 1500 posts at this stage.

Jayop might as well have come in to the Man United thread last week saying "Hey, I'm looking for people to partake in this astrophysics conversation I'm hosting this weekend, don't worry if you have no previous knowledge..." because my knowledge of astrophysics is probably the same as, if not more than, my knowledge of Werewolf and Walking Dead...combined!

I f¨cking wish I was acting dumb. I've never felt more lost or more uncool on the internet than my participation in this thread...never. Not even when photos of me being physically lost were posted on the internet.

I've done a lot to explain my posts, and I respect the other posters enough for them to know that noobs are possibly this dumb - Uriel reckons I've lost it or am batshít insane, Cross doesn't know what I'm saying. This game might not be for me. However, I'm not leaving voluntarily.

You beakerjoe seem keen to give the appearance that you are trying to suss out a wolf, while you should know like most of the others that I'm out of my element here. You want to appear to be helpful to the village, by directing your time and resources towards something you know is a dead end and won't actually catch a wolf. I might be a noob and still learning, but is that not a wolf tactic?

Doode you're doing grand, don't worry. Speak to BJ about his first game. That was a drama! You're asking questions and trying things out. We can get stagnant in here without new players so we do appreciate you being here and I think you're playing great at the moment. The fact that you're willing to fight your corner means you'll do well here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Loughc wrote: »

How did you choose your vote for Keith yesterday?

crosstownk wrote: »
    It was about as random as it could get, unfortunately :o - it could have been anyone. It was either that or not vote and annoy the mods. I hadn't two seconds to fart yesterday and was unable to read the thread.

Apologies to Drumpot, btw.

So do you not think Drumpot was a wolf then? Why the change of heart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im not following that, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm an uninformed newbie, if you want to believe it. Jayop got me here and I said this earlier in the thread, although it's buried in 1500 posts at this stage.

Jayop might as well have come in to the Man United thread last week saying "Hey, I'm looking for people to partake in this astrophysics conversation I'm hosting this weekend, don't worry if you have no previous knowledge..." because my knowledge of astrophysics is probably the same as, if not more than, my knowledge of Werewolf and Walking Dead...combined!

I f¨cking wish I was acting dumb. I've never felt more lost or more uncool on the internet than my participation in this thread...never. Not even when photos of me being physically lost were posted on the internet.

I've done a lot to explain my posts, and I respect the other posters enough for them to know that noobs are possibly this dumb - Uriel reckons I've lost it or am batshít insane, Cross doesn't know what I'm saying. This game might not be for me. However, I'm not leaving voluntarily.

You beakerjoe seem keen to give the appearance that you are trying to suss out a wolf, while you should know like most of the others that I'm out of my element here. You want to appear to be helpful to the village, by directing your time and resources towards something you know is a dead end and won't actually catch a wolf. I might be a noob and still learning, but is that not a wolf tactic?

The feeling of being lost never really leaves you Stu. I've played in nearly every game thus far and haven't the foggiest who is good and bad in this one. A lot of times the whole village will be in unison about one person being evil and then after the lynch it is 'how could we all have been so wrong?'. The one thing experience helps you out with is the mechanics of the game I reckon. It doesn't mean you'll be great at spotting wolves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Stu Redman 16
    crosstownk 15
    jayo26 15
    destroyer 12
    Amandadon 8
    sofireland 8

Anything worth looking into with these guys? Day 2 and still low posts and Stu is looking more and more dodge.

IIRC amandan said i was suspicious because i was quiet yesterday. lol.
    8 posts Armageddon, come chat with me and put some 'pressure' on me.

How did you choose your vote for Keith yesterday?

The late night posts with Tigger felt like a task to win first kill for his team. That was my rationale at the time. Although he hasn't done anything since to support my vote so I will need to look elsewhere for tonights Lynch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Whatever you do, don't take it personally. Whether you're struggling as a newb or pulling the wool over our eyes, just keep it up. You're playing the game - that's all you can do.

And yes, sometimes astrophysics does appear the easier option to werewolf!

Im not following that, are you?

I couldnt even make sense of his line of thinking hence why I asked who in Tiggers thinking would be next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Cross I still can't buy that random vote for Drummer last night, you had 28 players to choose and you picked the player who got lynched. awful coincidence.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    its 4 o clock.

We could do with coming up with some sort of plan, cause so far, I feel its going to be everyone lumping on Yoss, and that doesn't tell us much.

Should we try an FFA between now and 7ish, compile the list and see where we are?

Sounds alright to me.

For what it's worth I will also compile the list of who people would have selected for their wolf team. I would have gone with mahama, cross or guffy. If anyone wants to give their suggestions on this I can compile them.

Note, this is separate to the FFA. You don't have to do this, but if you want give the names of 1-3 people who would've been top of your list of picks.

The late night posts with Tigger felt like a task to win first kill for his team.

There are no tasks
    Jayop wrote: »
    Special Challenges: [/B]There are special hidden challenges in place for some roles. The characters themselves are not aware of these challenges so they are not something to look for. We may announce some other special challenges throughout the game to allow you guys to win some Walker killing goodies.

The late night posts with Tigger felt like a task to win first kill for his team. That was my rationale at the time. Although he hasn't done anything since to support my vote so I will need to look elsewhere for tonights Lynch.

Yet by 5pm yesterday that theory was seemingly debumnked because no one would be aware of these tasks. So why still vote for Keith

• Advertisement

There are no tasks

Exactly. Even if it 'felt' like a task, there's no way of knowing because sKeith himself wouldn't have known it was a task.

There are no tasks
    The evil teams will compete in the back forum on night one for the right to have the first kill.

I didn't notice the back forum on night one. I thought the task for the right for the first kill took place here. But I was wrong, and thus wrong with my vote.

I couldnt even make sense of his line of thinking hence why I asked who in Tiggers thinking would be next.

Then why care whos next on the list? Trying to push the list indirectly?

I don't think I have enough for a 3 person FFA tbh.

Only one person from my FFA1 is still alive, coincidentally he's probably one of the people I would have picked to wolf with me had I had the choice

I didn't notice the back forum on night one. I thought the task for the right for the first kill took place here. But I was wrong, and thus wrong with my vote.

Im not liking this. You didnt notice a back forum? Explain

Then why care whos next on the list? Trying to push the list indirectly?

You brought it up man. I was responding to your question by asking about it as I never got Tiggers List.

But As I read back I can see the theory of keith and Tigger being debunked, so why still vote for him?

You brought it up man. I was responding to your question by asking about it as I never got Tiggers List.

But why respond if your not following the list yourself? Are you a wolf trying to coast by...?

Im not liking this. You didnt notice a back forum? Explain

I didn't notice the wording Back forum in the OP. I thought the task for first kill was between sKeith and Tigger during their late night fluff postings.

• Advertisement

But As I read back I can see the theory of keith and Tigger being debunked, so why still vote for him?

Because all of his posts seemed like fluff, it wasnt adding up.

Advertisement