Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    You brought it up man. I was responding to your question by asking about it as I never got Tiggers List.

But why reply then if you dont care for the list? Why ask whos next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Because all of his posts seemed like fluff, it wasnt adding up.

What wasnt adding up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But why respond if your not following the list yourself? Are you a wolf trying to coast by...?

Hardly coasting by I've been involved from the get go... which we can't say the same about you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What wasnt adding up?

His posts weren't. They were of little value and were quoted here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Task?

You've brought up tasks a few times though Loughc. This one in relation to a pj thing about mongers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Kolido wrote: »
    Cross I still can't buy that random vote for Drummer last night, you had 28 players to choose and you picked the player who got lynched. awful coincidence.
    Yep - I can see why it looks that way but that's how it panned out. I've said all there is to say, tbh. It's up to you and eveyone else to accept it or not.

Barney92 wrote: »
    You've brought up tasks a few times though Loughc. This one in relation to a pj thing about mongers.

Mongers? What? And when else did I bring up tasks?

I'm an uninformed newbie, if you want to believe it. Jayop got me here and I said this earlier in the thread, although it's buried in 1500 posts at this stage.

Jayop might as well have come in to the Man United thread last week saying "Hey, I'm looking for people to partake in this astrophysics conversation I'm hosting this weekend, don't worry if you have no previous knowledge..." because my knowledge of astrophysics is probably the same as, if not more than, my knowledge of Werewolf and Walking Dead...combined!

I f¨cking wish I was acting dumb. I've never felt more lost or more uncool on the internet than my participation in this thread...never. Not even when photos of me being physically lost were posted on the internet.

I've done a lot to explain my posts, and I respect the other posters enough for them to know that noobs are possibly this dumb - Uriel reckons I've lost it or am batshít insane, Cross doesn't know what I'm saying. This game might not be for me. However, I'm not leaving voluntarily.

You beakerjoe seem keen to give the appearance that you are trying to suss out a wolf, while you should know like most of the others that I'm out of my element here. You want to appear to be helpful to the village, by directing your time and resources towards something you know is a dead end and won't actually catch a wolf. I might be a noob and still learning, but is that not a wolf tactic?

To add to all the advice already given, I will add that you should trust your own convictions. It took me a while to realise that. I thought the people on here had insane sleuthing skills (some of them do..) but I came to realise that nobody really knows what they're doing. Its a game of hugely incomplete information. If you feel like you have no idea what is going on, that's because nobody really has any idea what is going on. Eventually you embrace the chaos and paranoia. A common tactic is to literally throw **** and people to annoy them to see what happens. I remember getting hugely frustrated a few times in my first few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

crosstownk wrote: »
    The wolf teams know who each other are so they know if you are/aren't on their team already.

We're all NRVs don't ya know.

Do the wolf teams know each other? Where did you get that information? I dont see it in the OP. They know who's on there own team I'm sure but why would they reveal who they are to each other? There in competition according to the game rules?

Which is the worst monger? Fish, iron, rumour or war? Pretty clear, that one.
    Task?
    Mongers? What? And when else did I bring up tasks?

PJ brought up who is the worst monger, you quoted that and suggested 'task?'

• Advertisement

Because that post made no sense, he even replied he forgot to quote a previous post and he could see how it didnt make sense.

Yer reaching now lads, I'm 100% not a wolf.

Cross I still can't buy that random vote for Drummer last night, you had 28 players to choose and you picked the player who got lynched. awful coincidence.

Just to add to this, what difference would it make if I had read the post vs. the random vote?

Because that post made no sense, he even replied he forgot to quote a previous post and he could see how it didnt make sense.

Yer reaching now lads, I'm 100% not a wolf.

I'm not saying what he said makes sense. How would it be a task if it says that the people aren't aware what the tasks are? That's why I brought it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

duffman13 wrote: »
    Do the wolf teams know each other? Where did you get that information? I dont see it in the OP. They know who's on there own team I'm sure but why would they reveal who they are to each other? There in competition according to the game rules?

if they have a shared comm room they might figure out who the others are, or they might be forced for reveal

for example one wolf says "hey we're gonna take out johnny tonight you ok with that?"

If Johnny is on the other team they have to convince the others not to take him out, Thus revealing that johnny is on the opposing wolf team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sounds alright to me.

For what it's worth I will also compile the list of who people would have selected for their wolf team. I would have gone with mahama, cross or guffy. If anyone wants to give their suggestions on this I can compile them.

Note, this is separate to the FFA. You don't have to do this, but if you want give the names of 1-3 people who would've been top of your list of picks.

barney, keep this list separate to any ffa's . these people are not under suspicion just because i would want them on my team, its just answering your question directly. [barney, maha, cross]
    we also know tiggers would have been [keith, cross]
    If don't know how that is going to help the village but do your thing.

Correct, that's why I used the word 'team' rather than 'teams'. Maybe I should have said 'own team' as you did above.

I'm not saying what he said makes sense. How would it be a task if it says that the people aren't aware what the tasks are? That's why I brought it up.

I'm not the only one who brought up tasks in this thread, so you're really reaching here. I didn't read the OP that well, that's as juicy as it gets. I just assumed there were tasks at play. I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

if they have a shared comm room they might figure out who the others are, or they might be forced for reveal

for example one wolf says "hey we're gonna take out johnny tonight you ok with that?"

If Johnny is on the other team they have to convince the others not to take him out, Thus revealing that johnny is on the opposing wolf team

Sure they are in competition with each other aswell, a force reveal isn't going to help Johnny, he's still going to be taken out by the opposing team. Sussy post from cross IMO, I didn't consider they'd all be in the same backroom but he seems to be suggesting it's the case

Sussy post from cross IMO, I didn't consider they'd all be in the same backroom but he seems to be suggesting it's the case
    I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. You're reading too much into it.

Sure they are in competition with each other aswell, a force reveal isn't going to help Johnny, he's still going to be taken out by the opposing team. Sussy post from cross IMO, I didn't consider they'd all be in the same backroom but he seems to be suggesting it's the case

I don't think he's suggesting that, at least that's not what I took from his post. There's a possibility that they have a shared room and there's a possibility they don't. It's happened in other universes that they do and we don't know about it

• Advertisement

I'm not the only one who brought up tasks in this thread, so you're really reaching here. I didn't read the OP that well, that's as juicy as it gets. I just assumed there were tasks at play. I'm not the only one.

You almost certainly aren't the only one, just one that I noticed.

sKeith wrote: »
    barney, keep this list separate to any ffa's . these people are not under suspicion just because i would want them on my team, its just answering your question directly. [barney, maha, cross]
    we also know tiggers would have been [keith, cross]
    If don't know how that is going to help the village but do your thing.

Cheers Keith, and yes. It's very separate to the FFA.

Cheers Keith, and yes. It's very separate to the FFA.

maybe tag them with something else

#wwawd? :p

enhanced-1889-1454512342-12.png?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

crosstownk wrote: »
    Just to add to this, what difference would it make if I had read the post vs. the random vote?

If you read the thread you might have had a reason to vote for him, a random vote as you call it, could be on advice from someone in the backroom, if you hadnt time to follow the thread.

enhanced-1889-1454512342-12.png

We are all NRVs Stu cool.png

Maybe you should PM the mods the questions instead

Absolutely. Thanks for the patience, and all of the help to everyone. Ideally, I will keep questions to PMs with Necro and Jay in future, but I will say this - My questions and the responses have not only helped me understand the mechanics a bit better, but are raising my wolf suspicions. Definitely on beakerjoe, maybe others once I go back over the posts.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've begun writing that a few times, and then stopped a few times too. I'm well aware his strongest post so far was against yours truely, so didn't want to look like I'm retaliating or such. But the "I'm just a naive young goody" would be a very easy place for a wolf to hide...

No it wasn't...was it? Maybe. Well, I said I suspected you. I had taken a note that you were being very helpful to newer posters with a couple of your posts. That's great, but I was just wondering if there was a potential upside for the darkside in doing such a thing. When it came down to it, I voted for Pter and you didn't even come into the shortlist for me last night.

Interesting though that you did see that post. You are "well aware" of it having not acknowledged or responded to it in 24+ hours until you saw there might be a bit of steam building up behind a Stu vote. Interesting. Care to answer why you are only acknowledging that post's existence now that there is a bit of focus on me?

Quite a few posters talking about/to me now. Thanks very much for all the words of encouragement and the pointers. However, there are people trying to throw attention to me who are far more clever and experienced than they are letting on in doing so. I should just be easily discarded as a suspect at this stage by experienced posters. Whether you choose to believe that, that's the reality.

What's the alternative?...Stu Redman who has been on Boards since before Werewolf, waited nearly a year before now choosing to come in and play the long con? Haha, no way.

Some scrutiny of my posts is warranted, same as everyone's. At least it opens our minds and takes our focus away from mainly just once poster (Yossar) for a while. However, at least one of you persisting in looking at me are deflecting, and are wolfier than Martin Adams.

It's funny, I revealed my NRV status earlier today in the hope of ruling me out of being a wolf, because of my 'suspect low poster' status. Maybe then once ruled out, more experienced villagers would have one less person to hunt for when seeking the wolves. My intentions seemed to have taken a massive dump and hit a wind tunnel somewhere along the way :o

That said, I think I'm learning how to play.

Just got confused there. Barney I thought you were asking me which was the worst monger. My response to that non-existent question is the Alan Partridge pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

So #FFA2

Yoss - for role claiming when he thought he getting lynched. Wolfpanic
    Ariel - There's something about Uri, something just not sitting right
    Cross - Think he had help in the backroom quickly choosing who to lynch last night.

• Advertisement

If you read the thread you might have had a reason to vote for him, a random vote as you call it, could be on advice from someone in the backroom, if you hadnt time to follow the thread.

That's a possibility but then it wouldn't have been random. Surely I'd have been given a reason to back up my vote...?

Advertisement