Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Interesting though that you did see that post. You are "well aware" of it having not acknowledged or responded to it in 24+ hours until you saw there might be a bit of steam building up behind a Stu vote. Interesting. Care to answer why you are only acknowledging that post's existence now that there is a bit of focus on me?

Simple enough answer. Sometimes, the best scenario is to ignore some accusations, especially if you know that they will only lead to an unnecessary detour. There's no "good" answer to questions like the ones you proposed, so rather than have time wasted on it, I brushed quickly past it, especially since you didn't follow up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Just got confused there. Barney I thought you were asking me which was the worst monger. My response to that non-existent question is the Alan Partridge pic.

Haha, I got terribly confused by your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Absolutely. Thanks for the patience, and all of the help to everyone. Ideally, I will keep questions to PMs with Necro and Jay in future, but I will say this - My questions and the responses have not only helped me understand the mechanics a bit better, but are raising my wolf suspicions. Definitely on beakerjoe, maybe others once I go back over the posts.

Why? Because I think youre more savvy than you claim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

What's the alternative?...Stu Redman who has been on Boards since before Werewolf, waited nearly a year before now choosing to come in and play the long con? Haha, no way.

I kind of want this to be true, I love a long con!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't think I want to hear anything more specific :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He's either really new to the game, or playing one of the best debuts of all time.

If he turned out to be a wolf it would be a fantastic con.

crosstownk wrote: »
    That's a possibility but then it wouldn't have been random. Surely I'd have been given a reason to back up my vote...?
    For the sole purpose of avoiding this....
    So #FFA2

Yoss - for role claiming when he thought he getting lynched. Wolfpanic
    Ariel - There's something about Uri, something just not sitting right
    Cross - Think he had help in the backroom quickly choosing who to lynch last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At the moment, I'm leaning towards...

Yoss - obvious reasons
    Cross - Kinda genie'd in when discussion turned properly to him, no actual reasons provided for his vote (conveniently voting for the person who got lynched), extremely low poster
    Beaker - Came in out of nowhere HARD on Mick this morning. Has jumped around a bit. Now seems to be doing a bit of wagon circling round Lough.

Actually, Beaker, out of interest. Whats your take on the Yoss situation? I don't think you've referenced it at all.

I don't think I want to hear anything more specific :eek:

I knew there'd be innuendo, I regretted it as soon as I hit submit reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

So #FFA2

Yoss - for role claiming when he thought he getting lynched. Wolfpanic
    Ariel - There's something about Uri, something just not sitting right
    Cross - Think he had help in the backroom quickly choosing who to lynch last night.

I recall you saying earlier that you didn't like FFAs on day 1,

Why do you like them on day 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

That's a possibility but then it wouldn't have been random. Surely I'd have been given a reason to back up my vote...?

You had 3 posts and bearly been online, having a reason would have looked suss also. It was a no win situation for you.

Kolido wrote: »
    You had 3 posts and bearly been online, having a reason would have looked suss also. It was a no win situation for you.

OK. Fair enough. Lynch me.

I'm trying to give my genuine reasons but if you and a few others are so convinced then fire away. At least it'll spare a roled villager but the wolves will be happy.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    At the moment, I'm leaning towards...

Yoss - obvious reasons
    Cross - Kinda genie'd in when discussion turned properly to him, no actual reasons provided for his vote (conveniently voting for the person who got lynched), extremely low poster
    Beaker - Came in out of nowhere HARD on Mick this morning. Has jumped around a bit. Now seems to be doing a bit of wagon circling round Lough.

Actually, Beaker, out of interest. Whats your take on the Yoss situation? I don't think you've referenced it at all.

Oh Lordie, I only offically started today as I was unable to be active yday. (Wasnt aware the game started on Sat either).

Now if you recall, it was mick that was defensive not me going hard on him. I suggested that those pushing Tiggers list may be wolves pushing an agenda if Tiggers gut was wrong. Mick responded not the other way around.

Im not fully up to date, so cant comment on Yoss. Im gathering heat was on him last night and he claimed a role, now backtracked a little, Am I correct?

What's the alternative?...Stu Redman who has been on Boards since before Werewolf, waited nearly a year before now choosing to come in and play the long con? Haha, no way.

Its posts like that that lead me to believe your well aware of who the game works despite being new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

#FFA2

1. Yoss for being a bold wolf claiming a role he shouldn't. And not contributing to the village.

2. Cross for being inactive, whether for a good reason or not. And not Contributing to the village. Also the backroom comms thing didn't seem like bad wording. It felt like a slip.

3. Uri for starting flame wars all morning. Gone quiet this afternoon but the main protagonist and seems to be going after people (eg Molly) without much cause.

The only new one there is cross from this afternoon's discussion. The other two are as I said earlier yesterday and this morning.

It's worth watching the bandwagoning on me. There's wolves in there for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Why am I not a suspect? Am i really that inoffensive?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That sounds like something a wolf would say! :pac:

I'll vote for you if you like - at least it'll be partially random.

I'll vote for you if you like - at least it'll be partially random.

Why are you looking to do another random vote?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im not fully up to date, so cant comment on Yoss. Im gathering heat was on him last night and he claimed a role, now backtracked a little, Am I correct?

not quite

he came out 2nd in the FFA tally (see below). Te claimed apprentice seer (a role not listed in op) he still maintains that he is.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »

Player FFA1
    1. Skeith destroyer tritium PatrickStarr
    4. Triceratops Ballet Tritium Guffy Uriel
    5. Ectoplasm pter yosser sofireland
    6. MicksJaguar Drumpot Guffy
    10. Amandadon yosser sKeith Guffy
    11. Barney92 cross Guffy MrsFD
    14. Lord TSC sKeith Tritium Guffy
    15. tritium Triceratops Uriel drumpot
    17. Uriel Guffy Cross Tritium
    19. Molly Drumpot pter loughc
    20. Destroyer yosser guffy ectoplasm
    21. Kolido  Mick Vale sKeith
    25. partyjungle cross yosser drumpot
    27. Strawberry Milkshake yosser barney mahama
    29. duffman13 sKeith yosser Tritium

TALLY

Guffy 7
    yosser 6
    Tritium 5
    Drumpot 4
    sKeith 4
    Uriel 2
    pter 2
    Crosstownk 3
    Destroyer 1
    PatrickStarr 1
    sofireland 1
    TB 1
    Loughc 1
    Ectoplasm 1
    Barney 1
    Mahama 1
    Mick 1
    Vale 1
    MrsFD 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Thats more like it, hate to think id be forgotten about!!!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Simple enough answer. Sometimes, the best scenario is to ignore some accusations, especially if you know that they will only lead to an unnecessary detour. There's no "good" answer to questions like the ones you proposed, so rather than have time wasted on it, I brushed quickly past it, especially since you didn't follow up on it.

Some fair enough reasoning there TSC.

However, in a thread where people are bleeding responses, gifs, yourself included, where there's more interaction going on than at an old Roman orgy, where there is almost no such thing as wasted words when it comes to getting information out of other players at that early stage to get a read on them - you chose not to acknowledge a post that you were "well aware" of and one which invited discussion? Hmm.

To be honest, I didn't think that post of mine was that bad, yet you called it my strongest worded yet. When you did finally acknowledge it, it was obvious it had an effect on you where I on the other hand had almost forgot I made that post.

You ignored it, hence making sure that there was no hope of me, let alone anyone discussing the possibilities further, then. So yes, you prevented an unnecessary detour, but for whom is it unnecessary?

"There are no good answers to questions like the ones you proposed" - For both of us? Or just you?

I'm still no less interested in the fact that you chose to finally acknowledge that post only when there seemed to be a chance of me being up for the vote.

Loughc wrote: »
    Why are you looking to do another random vote?

Maybe I should have use the smiley face - just for clarity.

Id love for those who choose to do an FFA to not only give your reasons for selecting those 3 names, but your reasons for removing names previously on their FFA

Id love for those who choose to do an FFA to not only give your reasons for selecting those 3 names, but your reasons for removing names previously on their FFA

Are you doing a FFA?

Let's just get the FFAs shall we.

Then we can start picking them apart. You are up p*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

My FFA 2 is

Yoss- really don't like the timing of the reveal of seer and the conversations that followed haven't alleviated those fears

sKeith- still sceptical off the opening night posting jaunt followed by a very quiet second day. Hard to place but I feel he's on the wolf side.

Cross- The low post count was suspicious, the reference to the back room has piqued my interest a little more. Might revisit this around 7 once I get a chance to reread some of today's posts

Are you doing a FFA?

Im honestly undecided. I may just tell everyone whom I shall vote for.

I feel without knowing if we are going in the right direction, Im hesitating a fair bit. I will be voting on my gut alone yet I will not know if my gut was right or not.

• Advertisement

Im honestly undecided. I may just tell everyone whom I shall vote for.

Do an FFA. Don't be asking people to commit to giving names and then not doing it yourself.

Advertisement