Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Im honestly undecided. I may just tell everyone whom I shall vote for.

I feel without knowing if we are going in the right direction, Im hesitating a fair bit. I will be voting on my gut alone yet I will not know if my gut was right or not.

so you want to get a read on everyones thinkings, but are not willing to reciprocate and give us all a read on yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just popping in to keep up with the thread before I head home. Won't have my FFA ready till at least 7.
    I'm just not sure about cross. I feel like a wolf would have a better excuse than 'meh' for our questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Just popping in to keep up with the thread before I head home. Won't have my FFA ready till at least 7. I'm just not sure about cross. I feel like a wolf would have a better excuse than 'meh' for our questions.

Ah Molly that is suss as fcuk. Popping in to say your FFA will be late and that you think cross is clear on a hunch? Come on now.....you are making my reason for naming uri look like she!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

#ffa2

Armageddon - Being way too quiet, especially since the 'pressure' is on her.
    Yoss - Don't believe your claim and you have done nothing to convince me otherwise. seems your goal is to survive past tonight's lynch, which would allign with walkers goal, survive past tonights lynch and pass the keys of the place onto your recruit.
    destroyer - I've not gone away yet. Just a reminder, show me a better suspect, and i'll contemplate exchanging them for you. your list of bad guys have no reasons, you say your forgot to note: your reasons. Well, read back over a few pages, the thread was very small when you wrote that list. this time write notes to why you think they are bad enough to compile them in a list and call them out as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Pter wrote: »
    Do an FFA. Don't be asking people to commit to giving names and then not doing it yourself.

Ill do as I please. If people want to do them that's fine, but ill expect them to be in line with their thinking rationale from last nights votes considering not much has changed and we are still blind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Do an FFA. Don't be asking people to commit to giving names and then not doing it yourself.

I agree. Those calling for an ffa, should be leading the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Hi Everyone. Just caught up was in work all day being newish to the boards game doesn't help. Can someone explain to me yoss role reveal. I was suspicious of him yesterday and that seems aweful convenient.

so you want to get a read on everyones thinkings, but are not willing to reciprocate and give us all a read on yours?

I said I was undecided.

Either way you will get a read of at least one person (the person Ill vote for)

Ill do as I please. If people want to do them that's fine, but ill expect them to be in line with their thinking rationale from last nights votes considering not much has changed and we are still blind

if everyone acts like you we're all blind anyway so what does it matter. I expect peoples opinions to change over the course of the game as more info becomes available going by what you said there you just want us all to tunnel the f**k out of each other and have no evolution of thought.

and to think I though I wouldn't have a 3rd name for my FFA!

To be clear im not encouraging anyone to do an FFA, don't put words in my mouth

• Advertisement

if everyone acts like you we're all blind anyway so what does it matter. I expect peoples opinions to change over the course of the game as more info becomes available going by what you said there you just want us all to tunnel the f**k out of each other and have no evolution of thought.

and to think I though I wouldn't have a 3rd name for my FFA!

How can peoples opinions change when very little has changed from last night? We are in the same position more or less.

Id love for those who choose to do an FFA to not only give your reasons for selecting those 3 names, but your reasons for removing names previously on their FFA

i removed you because you are making a bit sense today and not being knobhead partridgey.
    I removed trit because hes dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Why am I not a suspect? Am i really that inoffensive?

I often find myself asking myself this on days 2+3. I mean ultimately it's not the worst thing, but I get it.

th?id=OIP.oouTwSoAUrJhAAak9sAEZgGyCP&pid=15.1&P=0&w=514&h=171

To be clear im not encouraging anyone to do an FFA, don't put words in my mouth

No you were encouraging people to dissect their own FFA decision changes so you wouldn't have to do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Quick skimming read of today's posts. Am not liking my new schedule, keeping me far too busy doing actual work.

My #FFA2

PatrickSTARR - I find the Alan Partridge quoting weird. If you'd enough time to intermittently post, you've enough time to say something more relevant than that
    Yosser - I'm actually somewhat inclined to believe yoss's claim as it seems too stupid to be a wolfy tactic and surely his wolfy brethern would've talked him out of it BUT it could be designed to make me think that, so hedging my bets and keeping him on the list. Probably won't vote for him though.
    Mahama - This one is a gut read and mostly to fill up a third slot in my FFA. Something twigged with me this morning and I've not had time to analyse it yet. This is one that might change.

Also Barney are you compiling both the #FFA2 and the other #WHO WANTS TO BE A WW thingy? Or am I doing the FFAs again?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why? Because I think youre more savvy than you claim?

Because as I said in the last few posts, despite those reasonable suspicions, it should be clear from my previous posts in this thread that I'm just an eejit. Definitely to someone who comes in after radio-darkness swinging as hard as you - That implies you are a seasoned player who should be well able to discard my ramblings on first glance as those of someone who is very lost, rather than as being savvy.
    I kind of want this to be true, I love a long con!
    Loughc wrote: »
    He's either really new to the game, or playing one of the best debuts of all time.

If he turned out to be a wolf it would be a fantastic con.

Ah guys, stop, please, you are teasing me with a glance at another life where I actually did that and became a legend in here. A life I can never reach now :(
    Its posts like that that lead me to believe your well aware of who the game works despite being new.

I only wish I had the time and pre-thought for a long con in a game I had no intention of playing until Jayop posted an open invite in a totally unrelated forum. If this is a long con and a wolf trying to cause a bit of carnage, well then either I can see the future (Jayop was going to issue that invite) or Jayop is in on this too.

I suppose I could have been a lurker in the WW for the last while who only chose/thought to play once Jayop mentioned it. That is really not the case though, whether you believe it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think we are still blind whether we pick 3 names for an FFA, or pick one. No information is available yet to work off bar our hunches. No solid info from lynch votes, no info from deaths...

Until a Seer comes out or a Priest which isnt advisable at this stage, TB and P* are argueing over nothing. It doesnt matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I recall you saying earlier that you didn't like FFAs on day 1,

Why do you like them on day 2?

Because we don't have much info on day 1 but we have MORE on day 2. It REALLY is that simple :D

I am not the only one who doesn't like FFA on the first day. It really is a crap shoot and people just naming for the sake of doing an FFA

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Also Barney are you compiling both the #FFA2 and the other #WHO WANTS TO BE A WW thingy? Or am I doing the FFAs again?

I was going to compile the #WhoWantsToHaveAWonderfulWackyWeirdWerewolfOnTheirWerewolfTeam, but it seems there is no interest in doing it. I'm not sure if I'll be online between 7 and 8 so you best do the FFA2, if you don't mind. If there is an interest in the #WWTHAWWWWOTWT then I'll do it.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote:
    I think we are still blind whether we pick 3 names for an FFA, or pick one. No information is available yet to work off bar our hunches. No solid info from lynch votes, no info from deaths...

That's the point. If we had a solid wolf we would just go with them. But we don't, so we pool our knowledge and votes and examine the top 3.

You have played enough games to know FFAs work. Maybe not immediately but they always eventually turn up wolves when we go back and look at voting patterns.

Do one.

Ok, well if I'm doing them I'm sticking a deadline of 7.30pm on getting them done.

Anything after that and I'm not changing them, so there :p

How can peoples opinions change when very little has changed from last night? We are in the same position more or less.

#ffa2

drop Armageddon off my #ffa2, was only trying to get a reaction there anyhow and bring p* back, real suspicion.
    p* - my reason for p* is in the poast between #1706 & #1723.

Yoss - Don't believe your claim and you have done nothing to convince me otherwise. seems your goal is to survive past tonight's lynch, which would allign with walkers goal, survive past tonights lynch and pass the keys of the place onto your recruit.

destroyer - I've not gone away yet. Just a reminder, show me a better suspect, and i'll contemplate exchanging them for you. your list of bad guys have no reasons, you say your forgot to note: your reasons. Well, read back over a few pages, the thread was very small when you wrote that list. this time write notes to why you think they are bad enough to compile them in a list and call them out as bad.

No you were encouraging people to dissect their own FFA decision changes so you wouldn't have to do it yourself.

True in a way, I just want people to be forthcoming about there changes and why considering we are still blind. People who wanted an FFA last night should still want one to day as not much has changed.

Im not in favour of an FFA, it gives wolves a chance to band wagon. I d rather everyone choose who they are voting for and state why.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Suppose its time to read back and see who has slipped up, whose mask has fallen.

How did that go as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Mahama, you posted very little on day 1 then pop up to hope aboard the tigger theory train.

So, with Tigger not being confirmed good, why so trusting of him? Why so quick to look at Cross depending on Tiggers allignment? Why so quick to dismiss Keith and Tiggers sh!itposting as a wolfy move?
    I think too often just forget about posters after they've been munched without seeing why they might have been targeted. Also, I specifically said if he was bad to look at Cross so why say I trust him?? I said that because of the phrasing he used, as I said in my post - he said if he could pick it'd be Cross or sKeith, but said he thought sKeith was bad and didn't say that about Cross. Just seems odd. I said nothing bout their sh¡tposting so dunno where you're coming up with that?
    I thought I was going mad because I couldn't find it, but here you go, here's previous discussion of who people would pick.
    Ta for saving me a job! :P
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Sounds alright to me.

For what it's worth I will also compile the list of who people would have selected for their wolf team. I would have gone with mahama, cross or guffy. If anyone wants to give their suggestions on this I can compile them.

Note, this is separate to the FFA. You don't have to do this, but if you want give the names of 1-3 people who would've been top of your list of picks.
    Sure, I'll play. Like I said earlier, if I was picking I would have avoided those considered "good" players. Too much of a target.
    If I had to pick it would be Trit the immer-villager, or a noob. There's a few in this game and we have no frame of reference for em. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, PJ would also have been a great call.
    Amm so to pick my top 3 would be Trit, Pj or Destroyer coz he's the noob with the most apt name. Like I said when Tigger brought it up though, until we know at least one wolf I wouldn't be lynching anyone based on that.
    Loughc wrote: »
    I'm not the only one who brought up tasks in this thread, so you're really reaching here. I didn't read the OP that well, that's as juicy as it gets. I just assumed there were tasks at play. I'm not the only one.
    Seriously???
    maybe tag them with something else

#wwawd? :p
    More fecking acronyms!!! :mad::pac:

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ok, well if I'm doing them I'm sticking a deadline of 7.30pm on getting them done.

Anything after that and I'm not changing them, so there :p

Thanks Ecto. Here's mine

#FFA2
    MrsFlushdraw - I still don't like the stuff about Tigger, both the following his reads and lamenting his death whilst having a go at the bodyguard.

crosstownk - would've been near the top of my list of choices for a team mate

Necro - posting as been all over the place this game, not sure why (Thought you might get a kick out of that for old time's sake Necro :))

Loughc - tenuous enough but the mentions of tasks stood out for me. Brought it up a few times, tasks and competition. It could be that they just didn't read the op clearly but it also could be an attempt to sow doubt and confusion.

Yoss doesn't make the list because I don't really see the gain for a wolf making that claim.

That's the point. If we had a solid wolf we would just go with them. But we don't, so we pool our knowledge and votes and examine the top 3.

You have played enough games to know FFAs work. Maybe not immediately but they always eventually turn up wolves when we go back and look at voting patterns.

Do one.

But your knowledge gained by FFAs is influenced by wolves

Im not in favour of an FFA, it gives wolves a chance to band wagon. I d rather everyone choose who they are voting for and state why.

If they bandwagon we can see that though. Yes we might lose a villager if they try, but we are less likely to lose in the long run.

It also means the village is poorer for not having your input, if you are a goodie. It also also means there is no breadcrumb trail on you later, so we are less likely to be able to catch you if you are a baddie or verifiy you if you are a goodie.

The benefits outweigh the risks.

• Advertisement

Plenty has changed, there has been 1000 posts since this time yesterday. People are talking now, so we have more information, how can your opinion not change with so much more information

Advertisement