Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

But your knowledge gained by FFAs is influenced by wolves

What and basing your decisions off the chatter here isn't?

Collective knowledge is better than individual knowledge.

And the collective is better with your input.

I won't be dragging the thread further off topic. I believe you should do one. It looks suss that you won't. Your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Pter and others, if we had some info to work off of rather than gut and hunches Id be all for an FFA. Its just as much as a shot in the dark now than it was on day one.

Drumpot got killed yday thanks to an FFA, based on hunches. Unsually we would have some evidence following to see if we were on the right track or not. Sadly we don't have such information to work off.

Is it wrong of me to think FFAs are used by wolves to bandwagon? Say your a wolf, and you see two FFAs, maybe 3 posted to the thread. Now you see what way the wind blows and can hop on the bandwagon by adding some names to yours and copy some reasoning. I just don't like it when we are blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

FFA2
    Yoss. I was suspicious of him yesterday and that suspicious role claim makes him look more guilty to me.

Skeith. He was on my FFA yesterday just seemed wolfy from the beginning. I haven't noticed anything in particular but considering iv of missed half the posts it's not surprising.

Stu he writes too much in each of his posts and I have nothing else to go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

FFAs in so far:

sKeith
    Duffman
    Ecto
    Barney

Anyone else, please tag 'em #FFA2

Ahem

• Advertisement

Pter and others, if we had some info to work off of rather than gut and hunches Id be all for an FFA. Its just as much as a shot in the dark now than it was on day one.

Drumpot got killed yday thanks to an FFA, based on hunches. Unsually we would have some evidence following to see if we were on the right track or not. Sadly we don't have such information to work off.

Is it wrong of me to think FFAs are used by wolves to bandwagon? Say your a wolf, and you see two FFAs, maybe 3 posted to the thread. Now you see what way the wind blows and can hop on the bandwagon by adding some names to yours and copy some reasoning. I just don't like it when we are blind.

The thing is though, with each person picking three names you get a cross section. If, as you suggested earlier, everyone picks just one person and gives a reason for them, it's even easier to create a bandwagon.

If you don't have more info after today, you are playing the wrong game pal. Weak excuse.

You have no idea whether he was good or bad. How can you say the FFA worked or didn't!!!???

Pter wrote: »
    What and basing your decisions off the chatter here isn't?

Collective knowledge is better than individual knowledge.

And the collective is better with your input.

I won't be dragging the thread further off topic. I believe you should do one. It looks suss that you won't. Your call.

Ill take my chances

Ahem

I'm guessing I missed yours so...back to thread I go...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Barney92 wrote: »
    That's part of my reason for suspecting MrsFD.

Much too obvious, no way is MrsFlushdraw going to be that obvious about a dead teammate.

I think you might be one of the bad guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I kind of agree with this. An FFA now is simply a complicated version of random right now.

Maybe you should all short circuit the process like I did yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

True in a way, I just want people to be forthcoming about there changes and why considering we are still blind. People who wanted an FFA last night should still want one to day as not much has changed.

Im not in favour of an FFA, it gives wolves a chance to band wagon. I d rather everyone choose who they are voting for and state why.

look I'm as big a fan as a blind vote as anyone, but as a village we either work together or we don't. There's no point in deciding to proceed one way if people are going to just do whatever they want in the end, that way we will end up in the same position this time tomorrow

If you don't have more info after today, you are playing the wrong game pal. Weak excuse.

You have no idea whether he was good or bad. How can you say the FFA worked or didn't!!!???

I meant solid information. We are more blind with not knowing which side a dead player lies on. I get your reasoning for FFAs, I do, but its a bigger shot in the dark now than if we knew if Drumpot was good or bad, right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    FFAs in so far:

sKeith
    Duffman
    Ecto
    Barney

Anyone else, please tag 'em #FFA2

Sorry, forgot to tag mine again. #FFA2
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    At the moment, I'm leaning towards...

Yoss - obvious reasons
    Cross - Kinda genie'd in when discussion turned properly to him, no actual reasons provided for his vote (conveniently voting for the person who got lynched), extremely low poster
    Beaker - Came in out of nowhere HARD on Mick this morning. Has jumped around a bit. Now seems to be doing a bit of wagon circling round Lough.

I'm putting a tentative vote in for Yoss, simply on the back of....he's the wolfiest of them, and would be my most solid wolf. Not sure he isn't protecting someone, but I can't figure out who that is. Especially if its a walker trying to simply survive till tonight.

I'm also half-expecting another role claim from him later...

More fecking acronyms!!! :mad::pac:

what would a wolf do, see it's a play on the what would jesus/beyonce do meme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

What real difference would it have made? Let's say we didn't do an FFA. Someone would've been lynched last night based on a hunch from someone. Someone would've raised a point that would've gathered steam, leading to a lynch. A wolf could easily jump on a bandwagon starting to form that way.

How is it different with an FFA? It makes things more transparent. It makes it easier for us to go back and check who said they were suspicious of someone and who they voted for.

I wonder what sort of info we could have to make an FFA worthwhile if you don't think it's worthwhile now. Let's say the priest came out and said Drumpot was evil. We'd be looking at those people who voted for Trit. But how would an FFA differ then to what we have now? It's still just based on hunches. Let's say the seer comes out and says Uriel is a evil or Strawberry Milkshake is good then how does an FFA help? We'd all lynch Uriel say, without any need for an FFA.

Of course FFAs are just hunches but they require wolves to plan as a team and that might reveal patterns.

destroyer wrote: »
    Much too obvious, no way is MrsFlushdraw going to be that obvious about a dead teammate.

I think you might be one of the bad guys.

I'm not saying she's on a team with Tigger. I'm saying I think Tigger was good and MrsFD was being fake in her disappointment. I don't think she was lamenting the death of a teammate on the thread.

I meant solid information. We are more blind with not knowing which side a dead player lies on. I get your reasoning for FFAs, I do, but its a bigger shot in the dark now than if we knew if Drumpot was good or bad, right?

It's no different. Drumpot being good or bad would have absolutely no impact on the fact the FFA gives us invaluable info on everyone who does one. Whether it gets bandwagoned. Whether it is blind. It gives us info on YOU, not the players you nominate. If everyone contributes we have info on everyone.

I'm done talking about this. Play how you will.

FFAs in so far:

sKeith
    Duffman
    Ecto
    Barney
    Pter
    MrsFD
    Amandadon
    LordTSC

If I've missed anyone else let me know and if you have still to post one please tag 'em #FFA2

What real difference would it have made? Let's say we didn't do an FFA. Someone would've been lynched last night based on a hunch from someone. Someone would've raised a point that would've gathered steam, leading to a lynch. A wolf could easily jump on a bandwagon starting to form that way.

How is it different with an FFA? It makes things more transparent. It makes it easier for us to go back and check who said they were suspicious of someone and who they voted for.

I wonder what sort of info we could have to make an FFA worthwhile if you don't think it's worthwhile now. Let's say the priest came out and said Drumpot was evil. We'd be looking at those people who voted for Trit. But how would an FFA differ then to what we have now? It's still just based on hunches. Let's say the seer comes out and says Uriel is a evil or Strawberry Milkshake is good then how does an FFA help? We'd all lynch Uriel say, without any need for an FFA.

Of course FFAs are just hunches but they require wolves to plan as a team and that might reveal patterns.

Pter, TB, Barney, you all make good points. Maybe I am better making an FFA now. I just hate going on hunches alone, Ive spotted nothing extremely wolfy so far bar Yoss and to be honest I believe him.

• Advertisement

Well then we might aswell give up now, because what if the priest and seer are dead? We might never get accurate info!

any method can be bandwagoned by wolves. Say instead of an ffa you just decide to tell us who you're voting for and 3 other people say the same, then there's a wagon ripe for the hopping on!

Pter, TB, Barney, you all make good points. Maybe I am better making an FFA now. I just hate going on hunches alone, Ive spotted nothing extremely wolfy so far bar Yoss and to be honest I believe him.

Glad to hear it, the more people do them the more information we gather.

Thanks Pter, Tb and Barney and others. You talk some good sense.

#FFA2

Y0ss - A seer claim on night one? deja vu. I didn't believe it before and I don't now!

Uriel - I suspected him yesterday and nothing has changed

I was going to include P* on the list because the opposition to FFA seems really obtuse for a villager and because I don't feel the Alan Partridge stuff had a good enough explanation, but I'm going to hold position 3 open for the moment and see.

Dear P* my ffa today is completely different today as Trit and Guffy are dead, I hope you find that explanation to be satisfactory!

#FFA2

Y0ss - A seer claim on night one? deja vu. I didn't believe it before and I don't now!

Uriel - I suspected him yesterday and nothing has changed

I was going to include P* on the list because the opposition to FFA seems really obtuse for a villager and because I don't feel the Alan Partridge stuff had a good enough explanation, but I'm going to hold position 3 open for the moment and see.

Dear P* my ffa today is completely different today as Trit and Guffy are dead, I hope you find that explanation to be satisfactory!

The Alan Partridge quotes are nothing but fluff as I wanted to be seen as active despite not being able to give the game any real attention yesterday. Its as simple as that.

#wwtbaww
    if I were picking I'd take Uriel/ Mahama or somebody new, maybe jay 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

I'm not saying she's on a team with Tigger. I'm saying I think Tigger was good and MrsFD was being fake in her disappointment. I don't think she was lamenting the death of a teammate on the thread.

OK, that makes sense.

Still don't think she does that as wolf though.

The Alan Partridge quotes are nothing but fluff as I wanted to be seen as active despite not being able to give the game any real attention yesterday. Its as simple as that.

yeah but dude, it's weird.

There are much easier ways to post fluff. It just looks like weirdness to derail the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

#wwtbaww
    if I were picking I'd take Uriel/ Mahama or somebody new, maybe jay 2.0

what's this one again? guessing who they pick?

• Advertisement

what's this one again? guessing who they pick?

yup!

Advertisement