Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm not saying she's on a team with Tigger. I'm saying I think Tigger was good and MrsFD was being fake in her disappointment. I don't think she was lamenting the death of a teammate on the thread.

You really have a hardon for me. This puts you in my suspect pile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

#FFA2

1. Cross
    2. PSTAR
    3. Yoss

Cross, the only member my yesterday FFA still alive :) , slightly meta reasons as discussed yesterday, but now also added to that are the Genie like appearances and the very quiet engagement. There's always a risk of hitting a good roled player unfortunately with a shot in the dark vote - but I just feel there's a wolf here or an uninterested villager, which although a number in the right column doesn't help us much.

2. PStar - has basically ****ed around since the beginning and offers nothing to the village except to actively push back against approaches.

3. Yoss. In any other context would have been top of the list for very very obvious reasons - but there's a niggling thought/doubt in the back of my mind (as mentioned earlier) with regard to the "secret roles" as outlined in the OP and for that reason he's been relegated to position three.

I also have a reserve list of three names who don't quite warrant inclusion in the FFA yet, but they've been doing classic wolf like wolf calls on the basis of zero rationale. Will be watching them very closely ;)

#wwtbaww

Uriel
    Cross
    Mick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote:
    Necro - posting as been all over the place this game, not sure why (Thought you might get a kick out of that for old time's sake Necro )

Haha. Even when I'm a mod I'm a wolf apparently :(

#wwtbaww

Uriel
    Cross
    Mick

please explain your rationale for all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Uriel. wrote: »

This is the who would you choose thing, not the FFA. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoes #FFA2

I never did one yesterday, I wasnt around much and voted randomly on Mahama. Hope that makes Pstarr happy

FFA

1. LouchC - His hunting walkers comment on day 1 and the defence of it had me suss after Trit questioned him. He seemed too eager to indirectly push the tigger list today. No trusting him one bit.

2. Stu Redman - Hes new, hes inexperienced....but my gut is telling me hes over acting the "Im new" line.

3. Ectoplasm - Only had 2, but Looking at his FFA and putting pStarr top is a bit odd based on the quotes. Seems very weak. An opportunistic wolf looking for a reason to bus a villager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm still not seeing how y0ss role claiming could be a wolf move, it feels too stupid. Villagers make stupid moves. The only 1 scenario I thought of today is if Tigger was bad, and y0ss was on a team with him, then maybe one wolf team is already down a person and as a wolf on a decimated team y0ss panicked? Esp true if Drum or Trit was on the same team. Until we get priest info about Tigger though I'd be inclined to believe y0ss coz it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I'm also struggling to buy the cross = wolf thing becuase his reasoning is so bad. Like, a wolf would attempt to cover his tracks better surely.

So my #FFA2 is
    - sofireland: lowest poster, and not contributing much to the thread. All his 8 posts are fluff. Says he's experienced (even though he's a noob here), but then has helped the village in no way. Also didn't vote night 1. Disinterested villager, or sleeping wolf??
    - sKeith: on reading back I noticed his weird line about how the walkers can only recruit when the original walker is alive. This is not something in the OP and came from nowhere. Found that while going through Trit's posts. Potential walker?
    - P* - This is the weakest, but waiting for others to put up FFAs and not recipricating is lazy play, and lazy is a great place for a wolf to hide.

Barney92 wrote: »
    This is the who would you choose thing, not the FFA. I think.

Im so confused right now

I'm really surprised that everyone is going for Uriel. I'm going to more than likely vote for Uriel but thought I had single handedly uncovered a mystery.

#FFA2

Yoss - we all know why, too many S's in his name. Reminds me of communist

Uriel - so there are two things that made me think of Uriel, both of which are double bluffs. The first was the constant mention of wolf backrooms working together to defend each other or deflect from each other. We established early on that the wolves don't know the identity of each other with the walker in play. Maybe Uriel didn't realise this because he hasn't got his own backroom. But I believe that is what Uriel wanted to project hence the opposite is true. Wolves are actors who lie. They act in the opposite way more often than not.

Then I was trying to figure out trits death. The last memorable thing from Trit was literally swearing at Uriel. Then Trit is dead. Looks like Uriel got pissed off and killed him off. That is the obvious conclusion to come to. So obvious that we would dismiss it. That's double bluff number two.

Since then I've just had it in my head that Uriel is evil. Lots of posts start backing it up through confirmation bias. He was opening inviting someone to tear apart his posts. How very nice and villagery of him. I'm on mobile so can't back these up right now.

That could be an off the wall narrative but it's what me brainz came up with while I was out raiding for supplies earlier.

I don't have a third right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I feel a band wagon on Pstarr......

Very weak reason for throwing him into FFAs

Three people I would pick if I was in a baddie team and wanting to add a member!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Im so confused right now

wwtbaww

who wants to be a werewolf: it's a list of who we would pick if we have been in the position to pick a team mate.

I'm still not seeing how y0ss role claiming could be a wolf move, it feels too stupid. Villagers make stupid moves. The only 1 scenario I thought of today is if Tigger was bad, and y0ss was on a team with him, then maybe one wolf team is already down a person and as a wolf on a decimated team y0ss panicked? Esp true if Drum or Trit was on the same team. Until we get priest info about Tigger though I'd be inclined to believe y0ss coz it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I'm also struggling to buy the cross = wolf thing becuase his reasoning is so bad. Like, a wolf would attempt to cover his tracks better surely.

So my #FFA2 is
    - sofireland: lowest poster, and not contributing much to the thread. All his 8 posts are fluff. Says he's experienced (even though he's a noob here), but then has helped the village in no way. Also didn't vote night 1. Disinterested villager, or sleeping wolf??
    - sKeith: on reading back I noticed his weird line about how the walkers can only recruit when the original walker is alive. This is not something in the OP and came from nowhere. Found that while going through Trit's posts. Potential walker?
    - P* - This is the weakest, but waiting for others to put up FFAs and not recipricating is lazy play, and lazy is a great place for a wolf to hide.

actually G-had you raise an interesting one here. Is two non-votes in a row a mod kill? will mods rebalance if an NRV is lost in such a way? possibly not...
    could we be about to lose two players, two of which could be nrvs

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

#FFA2

Yossi, suspect since the start

Valeyard and Crosstown, something about their interaction

Amandadon is 1st sub, dont ask me why, its subconcious

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

PatrickStarrs FFA

Ill get stick for this but here goes my #FFA2

1 .Mick : Accuses Uri, Yoss and Pter day 1 without reason, why? You throw Yoss’s name out then backtrack when asked by Yoss. You then say Uri is hard to read, yet you call him a wolf? Then you put Pter down to Jauntz. I don’t like this at all. Seemed very defensive when Beakerjoe popped up this morning. A wolf shook a little?

2. Yoss : My heart wants to believe his role claim, but my head says gut the wolf

3. Stu Redman - I get that you new, I was once new, but your acting way too inexperienced for my liking. I think your a wolf trying to act dumb.

I'd buy that if y0ss was new, but he's furniture round these parts, so I can't buy it as a panic move.

I'm really surprised that everyone is going for Uriel. I'm going to more than likely vote for Uriel but thought I had single handedly uncovered a mystery.

#FFA2

Yoss - we all know why, too many S's in his name. Reminds me of communist

Uriel - so there are two things that made me think of Uriel, both of which are double bluffs. The first was the constant mention of wolf backrooms working together to defend each other or deflect from each other. We established early on that the wolves don't know the identity of each other with the walker in play. Maybe Uriel didn't realise this because he hasn't got his own backroom. But I believe that is what Uriel wanted to project hence the opposite is true. Wolves are actors who lie. They act in the opposite way more often than not.

Then I was trying to figure out trits death. The last memorable thing from Trit was literally swearing at Uriel. Then Trit is dead. Looks like Uriel got pissed off and killed him off. That is the obvious conclusion to come to. So obvious that we would dismiss it. That's double bluff number two.

Since then I've just had it in my head that Uriel is evil. Lots of posts start backing it up through confirmation bias. He was opening inviting someone to tear apart his posts. How very nice and villagery of him. I'm on mobile so can't back these up right now.

That could be an off the wall narrative but it's what me brainz came up with while I was out raiding for supplies earlier.

I don't have a third right now

"The first was the constant mention of wolf backrooms working together to defend each other or deflect from each other. We established early on that the wolves don't know the identity of each other with the walker in play. Maybe Uriel didn't realise this because he hasn't got his own backroom. But I believe that is what Uriel wanted to project hence the opposite is true. Wolves are actors who lie. They act in the opposite way more often than not."

I'd really like to see where you have seen me playing that kind of conversation out on thread. I don't recall having such a conversation at all. At best I mentioned backrooms at some point (AT BEST)!!! but constant talking about them? No. Please link to this constant stream of conversation.

2. yes a good wolf call out and call out and call out and then munch that person, cos that isn't suspicious at all. double bluff, maybe. treble bluff, maybe quadruple bluff.

nowt like PJ to bring a tonne of manure to a party anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

duffman13 wrote: »
    I feel your acting solo, so either your telling the truth as a seer which I don't believe to be the case, your a nrv which seems unlikely as I don't think you were hugely in danger, it was a spread vote and could have went any way.

The role of walker fits you IMO cause it seemed like a desperate move to keep yourself in game. Your first turn is tonight so if you were protected you'd get a run to convert someone.

The voting patterns aren't really showing too much at the moment, few very low posters which are suspiciously quiet. The munch this morning throws up interesting questions, two wolf teams taking each other out or the majority of us were barking up the wrong tree. I feel at least one of them was a wolf

the reason i appeared in people's FFA last night was because of my engagement with tigger. if i was the walker, do you really think i would have done that?
    obviously not, i would have laid low, not drawing any attention to myself.
    therefore, if thats your reason for voting me i demand you withdraw it because it makes no sense

wwtbaww

who wants to be a werewolf: it's a list of who we would pick if we have been in the position to pick a team mate.
    Three people I would pick if I was in a baddie team and wanting to add a member!

cool bananas.
    you crazy kids with your crazy stuff.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    I dunno about that. As Walker, I would imagine it would be preferable to keep the head down until the first conversion - otherwise the risk of being killed is high and the Walkers may never be.

see here. cross makes sense

#FFA2 in no particular order at the moment.

Yossar - That was bizarre last night, with no real effort that I can see to explain it today.

LordTSC - I reckon one of the more experienced players who heaped on suspicion about me earlier is a wolf. Beaker joe genuinely seems to have been out and just looking to cover all possibilities...even if his comb is a little fine-toothed.

TSC however, I've explained my reasons to him in the last few pages. I think I asked a few decent questions of him in my last post to him. Again, just like that other post of mine which questioned his motives, he ignored it and therefore it gained no traction or further attention for a wider audience or scrutiny.

Amandadon - Reasoning for their FFA is hollow as fúck, and absence suspicious. "Keith seems wolfy since the start, nothing in particular though" - "Stu writes too much". Seems like a player who could be coasting in the background in these early days. Comfortable in their wolf status and just paying lip service while the NRVs argue among ourselves and condemn one of our own.

duffman13 wrote: »
    This is true but his strategy of claiming to be a seer in the run up to the vote was desperate and doesn't feel like it would be a good team move if he was in a team. Unless it was to deflect from a team mate however with that vote always going to be close it was a bit early for a hail Mary to out himself unless he needed a little time.

and according to you i'm not a wolf

cool bananas.
    you crazy kids with your crazy stuff.

you should be flattered most of us would choo choo choose you!!

crosstownk wrote: »
    I see where you're coming from but it seems like too high a risk to me - enough for me to be happy enough, for now, that Yoss isn't the Walker. I doubt he's the seer either.

sense again

Im still reading through yesterday, haven't come to anything about a Yoss role claim yet.

I will say this, not knowing who is bad or good after deaths is such a hindrance. Theres no real direction in the kills until a seer or priest comes forward. (Im not suggesting they should at this time BTW)

what are your thoughts now?

you should be flattered most of us would choo choo choose you!!

You just choose me so you don't have to face the headache of rattling your cage. :p

FFA#2 - I just realised that how the whole FFA works probably depends on players putting their submissions in a particular order. In that case...as I posted above. 1. Yossar 2. LordTSC 3. Amandadan

Fishing for compliments?? :p
    actually G-had you raise an interesting one here. Is two non-votes in a row a mod kill? will mods rebalance if an NRV is lost in such a way? possibly not...
    could we be about to lose two players, two of which could be nrvs
    Ugh, I was about to question what G-had was, you and your fëcking nicknames! I believe that there was a sub or two so chances are that mods will sub in regardless of role?
    I'd buy that if y0ss was new, but he's furniture round these parts, so I can't buy it as a panic move.
    Yeah, it's coz he's experienced that I can't buy it as a wolf move though. :/ Conflicted.

• Advertisement

FFA#2 - I just realised that how the whole FFA works probably depends on players putting their submissions in a particular order. In that case...as I posted above. 1. Yossar 2. LordTSC 3. Amandadan

It defo doesn't work on the order you put them in, it's the most votes overall. ;)

Advertisement