Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

what are your thoughts now?

Honestly like I said in my FFA, im torn a little. Part of me believes you and can see you as telling the truth, but part of me says your a wolf who made up a lie to save his ass for the time being.

Im going with your bad and I hope im right, but I could easily see you being good. Def roled

I've been out all day and still am so haven't caught up fully so apologies if something has happened in between. But one of the reasons ypss was picked out by trit was he was talking like he had a backroom.

He said he isn't in contact with the seer so he wouldn't have his own backroom with nothing to do in it or info to get.

So if he has a backroom its a wolf one.

Like if he is the apprentice seer there was no need to out urself as basically ur a nrv until the seer dies. So ud gamble in that spot. I mean u might vote to save urself but wouldn't out the role.

My 2cs

Also I'm suss of bj but just feeling so far

Uriel. wrote: »

I'd really like to see where you have seen me playing that kind of conversation out on thread. I don't recall having such a conversation at all. At best I mentioned backrooms at some point (AT BEST)!!! but constant talking about them? No. Please link to this constant stream of conversation.

2. yes a good wolf call out and call out and call out and then munch that person, cos that isn't suspicious at all. double bluff, maybe. treble bluff, maybe quadruple bluff.

nowt like PJ to bring a tonne of manure to a party anyway :pac:

Oh I'll be back with a steaming pile of quotes later winkyface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

duffman13 wrote: »
    My FFA 2 is

Yoss- really don't like the timing of the reveal of seer and the conversations that followed haven't alleviated those fears

sKeith- still sceptical off the opening night posting jaunt followed by a very quiet second day. Hard to place but I feel he's on the wolf side.

Cross- The low post count was suspicious, the reference to the back room has piqued my interest a little more. Might revisit this around 7 once I get a chance to reread some of today's posts

what timing do you think would have been more appropriate?

I've been out all day and still am so haven't caught up fully so apologies if something has happened in between. But one of the reasons ypss was picked out by trit was he was talking like he had a backroom.

He said he isn't in contact with the seer so he wouldn't have his own backroom with nothing to do in it or info to get.

Like if he is the apprentice seer there was no need to out urself as basically ur a nrv until the seer dies. So ud gamble in that spot. I mean u might vote to save urself but wouldn't out the role.

My 2cs

Well he could have a backroom with no seer, just him and the mods if he was the App. Seer.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    #ffa2

Armageddon - Being way too quiet, especially since the 'pressure' is on her.
    Yoss - Don't believe your claim and you have done nothing to convince me otherwise. seems your goal is to survive past tonight's lynch, which would allign with walkers goal, survive past tonights lynch and pass the keys of the place onto your recruit.
    destroyer - I've not gone away yet. Just a reminder, show me a better suspect, and i'll contemplate exchanging them for you. your list of bad guys have no reasons, you say your forgot to note: your reasons. Well, read back over a few pages, the thread was very small when you wrote that list. this time write notes to why you think they are bad enough to compile them in a list and call them out as bad.

see above. same response as to duffman. if that is your reason i demand i am removed from your ffa effetivve immediatley

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Quick skimming read of today's posts. Am not liking my new schedule, keeping me far too busy doing actual work.

My #FFA2

PatrickSTARR - I find the Alan Partridge quoting weird. If you'd enough time to intermittently post, you've enough time to say something more relevant than that
    Yosser - I'm actually somewhat inclined to believe yoss's claim as it seems too stupid to be a wolfy tactic and surely his wolfy brethern would've talked him out of it BUT it could be designed to make me think that, so hedging my bets and keeping him on the list. Probably won't vote for him though.
    Mahama - This one is a gut read and mostly to fill up a third slot in my FFA. Something twigged with me this morning and I've not had time to analyse it yet. This is one that might change.

but yet i appear in your ffa?

sKeith wrote: »
    #ffa2

drop Armageddon off my #ffa2, was only trying to get a reaction there anyhow and bring p* back, real suspicion.
    p* - my reason for p* is in the poast between #1706 & #1723.

Yoss - Don't believe your claim and you have done nothing to convince me otherwise. seems your goal is to survive past tonight's lynch, which would allign with walkers goal, survive past tonights lynch and pass the keys of the place onto your recruit.

destroyer - I've not gone away yet. Just a reminder, show me a better suspect, and i'll contemplate exchanging them for you. your list of bad guys have no reasons, you say your forgot to note: your reasons. Well, read back over a few pages, the thread was very small when you wrote that list. this time write notes to why you think they are bad enough to compile them in a list and call them out as bad.

see above. weak reason for voting me, it makes no sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

destroyer wrote: »
    How did that go as a matter of interest?

Not that good. The amount of utter ****e talk in this game is unreal.

So,

Im going to go uber meta and make myself a profile, ive been a Captain, now im a Survivor a commander, from the USS JFK which was overrun with zombie hordes that boarded the ship by climbing up the anchor from the ocean floor.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Thanks Ecto. Here's mine

#FFA2
    MrsFlushdraw - I still don't like the stuff about Tigger, both the following his reads and lamenting his death whilst having a go at the bodyguard.

crosstownk - would've been near the top of my list of choices for a team mate

Necro - posting as been all over the place this game, not sure why (Thought you might get a kick out of that for old time's sake Necro :))

Loughc - tenuous enough but the mentions of tasks stood out for me. Brought it up a few times, tasks and competition. It could be that they just didn't read the op clearly but it also could be an attempt to sow doubt and confusion.

Yoss doesn't make the list because I don't really see the gain for a wolf making that claim.

barney makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My 2cs

I feel on one side, he could have a backroom being the seer jnr, but he may not be joined by a seer in theory. Its possible.

I do think Yoss has a role, but Im thinking would the wolves not kill him if he was the seer jnr?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to tag mine again. #FFA2

I'm putting a tentative vote in for Yoss, simply on the back of....he's the wolfiest of them, and would be my most solid wolf. Not sure he isn't protecting someone, but I can't figure out who that is. Especially if its a walker trying to simply survive till tonight.

I'm also half-expecting another role claim from him later...

again, if you think im a walker its silly. we can have the debate about me being a wolf

but yet i appear in your ffa?

Yes as Im going with my head, not my gut.

#FFA2

Y0ss - A seer claim on night one? deja vu. I didn't believe it before and I don't now!

Uriel - I suspected him yesterday and nothing has changed

I was going to include P* on the list because the opposition to FFA seems really obtuse for a villager and because I don't feel the Alan Partridge stuff had a good enough explanation, but I'm going to hold position 3 open for the moment and see.

Dear P* my ffa today is completely different today as Trit and Guffy are dead, I hope you find that explanation to be satisfactory!

not a seer claim. if that is your reason i demand you retract, etc

I'm still not seeing how y0ss role claiming could be a wolf move, it feels too stupid. Villagers make stupid moves. The only 1 scenario I thought of today is if Tigger was bad, and y0ss was on a team with him, then maybe one wolf team is already down a person and as a wolf on a decimated team y0ss panicked? Esp true if Drum or Trit was on the same team. Until we get priest info about Tigger though I'd be inclined to believe y0ss coz it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I'm also struggling to buy the cross = wolf thing becuase his reasoning is so bad. Like, a wolf would attempt to cover his tracks better surely.

So my #FFA2 is
    - sofireland: lowest poster, and not contributing much to the thread. All his 8 posts are fluff. Says he's experienced (even though he's a noob here), but then has helped the village in no way. Also didn't vote night 1. Disinterested villager, or sleeping wolf??
    - sKeith: on reading back I noticed his weird line about how the walkers can only recruit when the original walker is alive. This is not something in the OP and came from nowhere. Found that while going through Trit's posts. Potential walker?
    - P* - This is the weakest, but waiting for others to put up FFAs and not recipricating is lazy play, and lazy is a great place for a wolf to hide.

read this please

I'm really surprised that everyone is going for Uriel. I'm going to more than likely vote for Uriel but thought I had single handedly uncovered a mystery.

#FFA2

Yoss - we all know why, too many S's in his name. Reminds me of communist

Uriel - so there are two things that made me think of Uriel, both of which are double bluffs. The first was the constant mention of wolf backrooms working together to defend each other or deflect from each other. We established early on that the wolves don't know the identity of each other with the walker in play. Maybe Uriel didn't realise this because he hasn't got his own backroom. But I believe that is what Uriel wanted to project hence the opposite is true. Wolves are actors who lie. They act in the opposite way more often than not.

Then I was trying to figure out trits death. The last memorable thing from Trit was literally swearing at Uriel. Then Trit is dead. Looks like Uriel got pissed off and killed him off. That is the obvious conclusion to come to. So obvious that we would dismiss it. That's double bluff number two.

Since then I've just had it in my head that Uriel is evil. Lots of posts start backing it up through confirmation bias. He was opening inviting someone to tear apart his posts. How very nice and villagery of him. I'm on mobile so can't back these up right now.

That could be an off the wall narrative but it's what me brainz came up with while I was out raiding for supplies earlier.

I don't have a third right now

really?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I feel on one side, he could have a backroom being the seer jnr, but he may not be joined by a seer in theory. Its possible.

I do think Yoss has a role, but Im thinking would the wolves not kill him if he was the seer jnr?

Perhaps the Wolves felt he was an obvious choice and may have been protected, that's why he lives.

However I think its more logical that hes a wolf. I want to believe you Yoss, I just think its more likely your a wolf. It makes more sense.

destroyer wrote: »
    #FFA2

Yossi, suspect since the start

Valeyard and Crosstown, something about their interaction

Amandadon is 1st sub, dont ask me why, its subconcious

we need more than that. why are you voting for me? dont pass the book, give your own reasons

For the village's sake - What has the world come to when a man cannot be any clearer that he's not a wolf, and still not be a believed?? Do you guys want to see a photo or something? :pac:

Alright Beaker Joe, I think you are edging Yossar off my FFA list. Your perseverance with suspecting me is as alarming as TSC's selective ignoring and recalling of my posts.

There's enough posters edging towards Yossar. Right now, my focus is on those out to get me, a genuine NRV, and specifically the true 'why?' behind their intent.

Going to mull it over, and then see if I need to update my FFA in an hour or so. I think one of you or TSC is a wolf, but likely not both. I've a bit of reviewing to do...

#FFA2 in no particular order at the moment.

Yossar - That was bizarre last night, with no real effort that I can see to explain it today.

LordTSC - I reckon one of the more experienced players who heaped on suspicion about me earlier is a wolf. Beaker joe genuinely seems to have been out and just looking to cover all possibilities...even if his comb is a little fine-toothed.

TSC however, I've explained my reasons to him in the last few pages. I think I asked a few decent questions of him in my last post to him. Again, just like that other post of mine which questioned his motives, he ignored it and therefore it gained no traction or further attention for a wider audience or scrutiny.

Amandadon - Reasoning for their FFA is hollow as fúck, and absence suspicious. "Keith seems wolfy since the start, nothing in particular though" - "Stu writes too much". Seems like a player who could be coasting in the background in these early days. Comfortable in their wolf status and just paying lip service while the NRVs argue among ourselves and condemn one of our own.

go back over my posts. i have explained myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Oh I'll be back with a steaming pile of quotes later winkyface

Well don't hang around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Strawbs tbh this post doesn't make me feel any better about you. Adding me to your FFA in retaliation? Really? Actually, I don't necessarily think you're a team, not getting much else from that, I just think safe listing people are villagers at this early stage feels a bit wolfy.

Any update on this one keith? Would be interested to hear why those 3 names.

Want to give a reason for any of those names, or are you just throwing shade to get the heat off you? Spotting something wolfy could be you being a helpful villager, or it could be you using insider wolf knowledge to gain village points. Also, team Rick are in a room together too so you pointing it out could have lost us Rick or one of those. A villager would have thought of that before blurting it out.

Why drumpot? Not seeing anything much on him.

Please tell me you're not serious???

I've my vote on Trit. There's 2 others I think are in a room, but haven't enough evidence yet to be sure it's a baddie room.

I have a theory that actually Tigger was one of Rick's group, and in a room with yoss. I think Trit is also in a room and wanted to score villager points by pointing out Tig and yoss. Tigg was munched shortly afterwards and he was suspicious of Trit. Tigger has a good nose for wolves. Trit had the head down for most of the day but popped up now, I'm also watching who's jumping up to defend and deflect from him.

Plus there's also the meta reason - if i was a wolf I think I would have picked Trit, the forever-villager. Either that or a noob, there's a few of those this game.

Mahama, I wanted to ask you about these two posts. You argue that 'outing' people in a room who might be goodies is suspect behaviour for a villager but then later you do exactly that. Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

For the village's sake - What has the world come to when a man cannot be any clearer that he's not a wolf, and still not be a believed?? Do you guys want to see a photo or something? :pac:

Alright Beaker Joe, I think you are edging Yossar off my FFA list. Your perseverance with suspecting me is as alarming as TSC's selective ignoring and recalling of my posts.

There's enough posters edging towards Yossar. Right now, my focus is on those out to get me, a genuine NRV, and specifically the true 'why?' behind their intent.

Going to mull it over, and then see if I need to update my FFA in an hour or so. I think one of you or TSC is a wolf, but likely not both. I've a bit of reviewing to do...

So because I think your suspect, that means Im a wolf. Tut tut.

I gave my reasons why i suspect you.

You call yourself a genuine NRV, but how am I to know that? You cant expect me or anyone to simply take you at your word. Sure isnt that what awolf might do?

go back over my posts. i have explained myself.

I will, but I reckon I saw a fair amount of everyone's posts in here today and thought you seemed to be avoiding saying outright if your claim last night was true.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

#FFA2

Breakerjoe - went in hard on myself and Keith today. Posts have been flipping around all day. Accusing and deflecting all over the place. I do not trust him one bit.

P* - not adding too much on day one and his earlier refusal to do a FFA seemed odd.

Yoss - made up a role to save his wolf skin.

Phrases like that aren't gonna help your cause.

You and BJ could be both NRV's, but hows he supposed to know. Just because someone is after you doesn't make them a wolf.

Loughc wrote: »
    #FFA2

Breakerjoe - went in hard on myself and Keith today. Posts have been flipping around all day. Accusing and deflecting all over the place. I do not trust him one bit.

P* - not adding too much on day one and his earlier refusal to do a FFA seemed odd.

Yoss - made up a role to save his wolf skin.

Weakest FFA ever.

On BJ, What did he deflect exactly? When did he go "hard" on keith?

Yoss is bandwagoning

Weakest FFA ever.

On BJ, What did he deflect exactly? When did he go "hard" on keith?

Yoss is bandwagoning

I wish you were sheriff.

Where is Patsy Clone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Mahama, I wanted to ask you about these two posts. You argue that 'outing' people in a room who might be goodies is suspect behaviour for a villager but then later you do exactly that. Why?

I don't see those posts as contradictory at all tbh Ecto. I think it was wolfy for trit to "out" two people as being in a room. I had spotted that backroom comment and noted it, but I didn't out it on thread coz they could have been the goodies in a room. I think Trit was using it to gain villager points. However, given that Trit had already said it on thread, there was no point keeping it to myself? It's the same people. I actually have 2 others that I think are in a room as I said in that post, but as time is going on I'm convinced it's the good room. So I haven't outed them.

Advertisement