Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

Pter wrote: »
    BJ, Geehad, Stu, Lough, Ecto all voting away from the main FFA.

PJ going off on one on Lord yesterday, going with the gang today.

Molly, Vale, myself all going with the popular votes both nights.

Duffman going with the gang tonight, after going solo last night.

I made myself very clear on my feelings towards yoss today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Not block voting. Going for a randomer so they won't be seen as bandwagoning.

Valid point but there's guaranteed to be 3/4 wolves who voted for Yoss and me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    OMG lads new Star Trek! I'm out!
    BF just discovered this so it's on here right now too. :rolleyes:
    BJ, Geehad, Stu, Lough, Ecto all voting away from the main FFA.

PJ going off on one on Lord yesterday, going with the gang today.

Molly, Vale, myself all going with the popular votes both nights.

Duffman going with the gang tonight, after going solo last night.
    I did say I wasn't planning on voting the FFA. I voted from my FFA. I wasn't sold on Cross or y0ss, and I said that. Find a wolf, kill a wolf. No-one even paid attention to my keith is walker theory! Keith got 4 FFA mentions and only 1 vote!

How do you feel about being on the popular vote both nights? Especially considering it looks like you were one of the last each night?

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm just not swinging wild aaccusations out there haha I'm confused more then not and I'm fuked tomorrow night because y0ss is gone I may find someone else to vote for and with good reason.

I hear you man, you're going for the "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" approach, nice one. Should have went that way myself maybe.

I think a few players will be stuck without Yosser tomorrow night. I think he might have been a convenient lynching for some tonight, there may be a wolf or 2 among his voters, not you necessarily, but I think it's worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm just not swinging wild aaccusations out there haha I'm confused more then not and I'm fuked tomorrow night because y0ss is gone I may find someone else to vote for and with good reason.
    Hopefully tomorrow we will have alot more info and be able to make sense of the past two days FFAs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I hear you man, you're going for the "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" approach, nice one. Should have went that way myself maybe.

I think a few players will be stuck without Yosser tomorrow night. I think he might have been a convenient lynching for some tonight, there may be a wolf or 2 among his voters, not you necessarily, but I think it's worth looking at.

It's not that I think it's better to remain silent I just haven't a clue what to think of the more experieenced players some of them have strategies down to a tee so I'm sitt8ng back and admiring and learning.

sKeith wrote: »
    Hopefully tomorrow we will have alot more info and be able to make sense of the past two days FFAs etc.

How do we get more info?

Welcome cryogenic. come in, tell us what role you have been given.

Yo skeith! What's with the vote on Mandy?
    I remember you dropping her from your FFA, then you put a vote on her...?

How do we get more info?
    If.. i say id.. a priest comes out tomorrow, they'll be able to tell us who was good and who was bad of the dead so far. they'l also be able to tell us the role over the person converted tonight.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Valid point but there's guaranteed to be 3/4 wolves who voted for Yoss and me.

I was thinking that, definitely for Yos' list tonight anyway.

Is it possible that the wolf/wolves might have done such a good job of heaping suspicion on Yossar early on, that they knew they wouldn't need to vote for him because they created such a landslide against him early on?

They might have tipped the snowball down the mountain, but might not have been part of the avalanche when it hit Yossar - that sort of thing.

It would be some excellent wolfing if so.

yo maha, i go find that now.. one sec..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If.. i say id.. a priest comes out tomorrow, they'll be able to tell us who was good and who was bad of the dead so far. they'l also be able to tell us the role over the person converted tonight.

Will they? I read that more as "priest will be told when someone died if they were a walker, and if so, what role they had before being a walker". I didn't not read that rule as "when someone gets turned, if they had a role, the priest is to.d".

Also, did I miss cryogenic being added?

i'm liking argmageddon for the walker now, i know i dropped her off my ffa, but showing my interest again pre lynch.
    skirting under the radar, ffa'ing unoffensively.
    yo maha.

I was thinking that, definitely for Yos' list tonight anyway.

Is it possible that the wolf/wolves might have done such a good job of heaping suspicion on Yossar early on, that they knew they wouldn't need to vote for him because they created such a landslide against him early on?

They might have tipped the snowball down the mountain, but might not have been part of the avalanche when it hit Yossar - that sort of thing.

It would be some excellent wolfing if so.

Y0ss didn't need help heaping suspicion on himself haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Barney votes for MrsFD both nights too.

Barney, any deep seated concerns about Mrs FD?

I've made my feelings very clear on the matter Pter. I wasn't convinced yoss was evil, and I thought MrsFD was more likely than cross to be a wolf.

It's possible but Yosser did a decent job all by himself :D

Does the priest learn about the converted? I thought it was just the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

If they do come out and it's a new player, come out at 9.59.59am. I'm not telling you to come out but if you do, wait until the last possible moment. Because then it's unlikely for the wolves to munch you. If you come out at any stage before that then they'll almost certainly munch you.

Also.

If the seer peeks someone who is then converted at a later time. Does the seer then get updated by the mods?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Will they? I read that more as "priest will be told when someone died if they were a walker, and if so, what role they had before being a walker". I didn't not read that rule as "when someone gets turned, if they had a role, the priest is to.d".

Also, did I miss cryogenic being added?

i've reread it, and can it be taken both ways? we may need clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Kind of hope the priest comes out tomorrow, it'd be nice to know we are on the right track or not. Might still be a bit early though, a lot of players still in the game but the lack of info on thread is tough to form solid opinions. Nothing another 1000 or so posts won't fix tomorrow :)

Welcome cryogenic. come in, tell us what role you have been given.
    Cryogenic?? What?
    Does the priest learn about the converted? I thought it was just the dead.
    From OP:
    Gabriel Stokes: Gabriel is the priest. Upon death he will receive information on what role the dead held. If that person was converted to a Walker he will also learn their original role. Gabriel will be able to recruit another priest to join him in his backroom.

I can't imagine the mods updating the seer on conversions though? Seems like it would make the mechanic a bit silly? You never know though.

Y0ss didn't need help heaping suspicion on himself haha :)
    It's possible but Yosser did a decent job all by himself :D

Exactly, perfect storm for Yossar.

Sorry, I had only copped after submitting my post and rereading it then that I had left out the important part - That it could only happen for the wolves when coupled with the golden opportunity Yossar presented them with.

I would have edited the post when I copped my omission, but editing seems to invoke a batein from the mods.

I'm not saying it's highly likely, just something which could be worth remembering when looking for obvious wolves on Yossar's list.

So the priest only knows after death.

"X was a walker who was Z before their recruitment"

Barney92 wrote: »
    If they do come out and it's a new player, come out at 9.59.59am. I'm not telling you to come out but if you do, wait until the last possible moment. Because then it's unlikely for the wolves to munch you. If you come out at any stage before that then they'll almost certainly munch you.

If the priest has not read mine and guffys postings from last night.

PLEASE go back and read it all, its only a few posts, but between us, we highlight everything, pros cons of turn 3 turn 5 turn 7 reveal and when best to come out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So the priest only knows after death.

"X was a walker who was Z before their recruitment"

That's my reading of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Uri, care to explain that list of names that went up around lynch time?

Sure I said hi to people who poorly rationaled an FFA for me
    I mentioned them beforehand too and fully rationaled why
    I'm like that
    Rationale.
    Explain things etc

If the priest has not read mine and guffys postings from last night.

PLEASE go back and read it all, its only a few posts, but between us, we highlight everything, pros cons of turn 3 turn 5 turn 7 reveal and when best to come out.

Out of interest, where abouts are these posts? I had to skim and skip quite a bit as I was late to the party so I'd like to read those posts and I'm too lazy to search right now.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, where abouts are these posts? I had to skim and skip quite a bit as I was late to the party so I'd like to read those posts and I'm too lazy to search right now.
    Start here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104776159&postcount=1205

Advertisement