Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Firstly Michael I tend to believe your reveal from last night,

But I agree with you about the wording of Mollys posts. Its suss.

What defense does Molly have on this?

I think her main defense was she didnt have a buter.. :pac:

Right im off out for a while running a tad late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Barns you had a weird post about not thinking Maha was a convert, do you see her as good or evil

BJ I don't know if you've ever spectated a game, but you don't tend to scrutinise, nor worry about who you would vote for. Retrospectively I think I'd probably have voted Trit or Uriel but that's skewed obviously as its D3 now.

I want to lynch Uriel tonight

And I think Amanda may also be a wolf, she's who I'd chose to be on my team. Low post count, fluff, but has played here before so not a total noob but would be treated with one. Not going to push this yet but a good candidate IMO.

Vale where are you, I won't forget you bby

Granted Im not the seasoned Zombie hunter you are, (If you are indeed on team village). But I have never spectated a game and I just wondered now, that you are in the game, looking back who you'd vote for.

Its nice to get some conversation from you. We had little from your predecessor so its nice to get some input

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Im the Dr i'll tell you how this **** works :pac: Here i didnt make up the role take it up with the mods if you want to go all super nerdy.

But my best guess was I only got ativavted once the conversion took place if it didnt happenI was active and couldnt revile so my character is just a mechanism to balance against the walker

So didn't you know about the role before last night? Have you any thoughts on who the Walker might be?

I just don't buy this "role" at all. Why does there need to be a balance against the walkers? There's only one starting off and two now, against the other 20 or so players.

Do you get how shakey that role reveal is on so many levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Barns you had a weird post about not thinking Maha was a convert, do you see her as good or evil

I'm not sure Digi. I can't tell either way. My post about her not being the convert was based on the thing I arranged which five people got involved with. Most said they would choose Mahama to be on their team, so I doubt that the walker would then go and choose Mahama. She could still be any of the other evil roles.

Cross was top of the list, but Mahama is now the top of the living list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Barney92 wrote: »
    Wary of people who look to try and organise stuff?
    Who first suggested organising an FFA? Think you should suspect them so.
    Who has posted any list throughout the whole game? Probably should suspect them too.
    I tried to do something that might provide some information for everyone. I'd be tempted not to post at all just in case people though I was trying to appear helpful.

On the me and Mahama thing. Staged? Something we came up with and then I referred to again this morning when there are only five people (six including a posthumous tigger) who actually did the thing, myself and mahama included? I reckon if we were on a team I probably wouldn't have brought it up this morning. I'd just be linking myself and mahama again.

now that your other suspects are dead, who do you suspect other than Mrs FD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jayop wrote: »
    Digital Solitude has replaced Sofireland

Definitely a wolf so.

now that your other suspects are dead, who do you suspect other than Mrs FD?

That's what I'm going to try and figure out today.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So didn't you know about the role before last night? Have you any thoughts on who the Walker might be?

I just don't buy this "role" at all. Why does there need to be a balance against the walkers? There's only one starting off and two now, against the other 20 or so players.

I think the opposite to be honest, I think its a real role. Why? It makes sense that the ods would try counter balance the game and I think the role which Mick claims fits in so well after the conversion. Walkers arent killing people, they are infecting people and taking away villagers and adding to walkers.

It be a bold brave move on a wolfs part. Mick had very little heat on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Granted Im not the seasoned Zombie hunter you are, (If you are indeed on team village). But I have never spectated a game and I just wondered now, that you are in the game, looking back who you'd vote for.

Its nice to get some conversation from you. We had little from your predecessor so its nice to get some input

You've probably played as many games as me including FB at this stage :D

Trit or Uri D1
    Prob Uri again D2, I didn't believe Yoss but there was no rush in lynching him imo. Like the last game were I wasn't believed as real seer, it could have worked out in the long run had we taken him at face value for a bit.

Anyways, who're the 11 dead people are counting, I only see 7?

duffman13 wrote: »
    My FFA 2 is

Yoss- really don't like the timing of the reveal of seer and the conversations that followed haven't alleviated those fears

sKeith- still sceptical off the opening night posting jaunt followed by a very quiet second day. Hard to place but I feel he's on the wolf side.

Cross- The low post count was suspicious, the reference to the back room has piqued my interest a little more. Might revisit this around 7 once I get a chance to reread some of today's posts
    FFA 1

sKeith - all the talk last night and then felt like keeping his head low for the rest of the day

Yosser - other posters picked up on the backroom username thing. Puts a cloud over him

Trit - was really struggling with a third, more of an instinct than anything

Not really sure about duff man's reasoning for sKeith. Keith seems to have had a lot of talk throughout the game. Haven't noticed a quiet day by Keith, or him keeping his head down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Special Challenges: There are special hidden challenges in place for some roles. The characters themselves are not aware of these challenges so they are not something to look for. We may announce some other special challenges throughout the game to allow you guys to win some Walker killing goodies.

It does state in the OP that there would be such role though.

It does seem like a quite powerfull role, everyone will want to keep him around until he tries to hit the walker, if he fails, the walker will avoid him and he will be basically a nrv so not high up the list for the wolves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I pulled him on this already. His excuse was pathetic something like "Amanda is the most likely walker coz her FFAs were too easy and she's coasting". That reasoning could have applied to loads of other players. Why her? Why not find evidence? Why drop her from his FFA then put a vote on her. Why random votes both nights that he never backs up? Today he said destroyer is probo good and we should give him a pass, but night 1 he voted for him??

Ugh, it's possible I'm tunneling him as Cross pointed out. I've said my piece for now. Can't shake the feeling though. I'm going to review Cross's posts at lunch.

Possibly, I mean I wasn't implying anything. Without knowing Lough's alignment it's tough to know what to make of the info. I had him as vanillager though, not reading any evil fromh is posts. Some flip flopping but that's a villager trait imo and not a wolf one.
    See practically every post I made this morning.

Eh like I said at the time, I don't think y0ss would have done that move if he was the walker. Makes even less sense that a wolf doing it. A walker needs to keep the head down and survive til day 2, why would y0ss draw so much heat on himself if walker? Plus, considering we don't know the sequence of lynch/convert, I'd say it would have been a gamble to do that as he was going to get lynched or munched anyways. I think the walker will be doing just enough to keep their heads above water, but draw no attention.

I read your post, I just wanted to see how well you've thought the story out before I decide to believe you. So you use the shot on the 1st walker and you kill them all. Doesn't really make sense in Walking Dead universe but OK. Use the shot on anyone else it does nothing and you lose the shot?

ehh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Firstly Michael I tend to believe your reveal from last night,

But I agree with you about the wording of Mollys posts. Its suss.

What defense does Molly have on this?

Please see below response to Mick.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Good morning folks. I'd like to address this question by Mick and Pter. Yes I popped in coz I had seen what Cross had been saying about our accusations and wanted to mention that I thought he would be giving more of an argument if he actually was a wolf. 'Meh' just didn't seem like a proper response to the threat of being lynched. But I didn't want people not considering that so I said I'd mention it. I was considering the angles ffs.
    I typed it up quickly as I was just about to head out the door to leave work. And yes Mick, I left work at 5, took an hour to get home, make dinner, eat dinner, do the dishes after dinner, catch up on the thread and then post my FFA. So it did take HOURS to ready my FFA. Unlike you I don't have butlers and maids and personal assistants who can do all the housework for me.

In conclusion, fack aff.

This is a nice and easy bandwagon for you to jump onto BJ. Nice wolfy move.

When the fudge did I cosy up to you?
    search your own posts for the word 'keith' yesterday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If people are trying to help the village and put forward theories why do people if they are innocent jump on them as bandwagoners and saying they are Wolfy hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Barney92 wrote: »
    Not really sure about duff man's reasoning for sKeith. Keith seems to have had a lot of talk throughout the game. Haven't noticed a quiet day by Keith, or him keeping his head down.

Quiet in comparison, mind you I've noticed a pattern which is at least consistent. Posts like a mad man in the early hours and wakes up early to post, the man doesn't sleep or works nights or something. Hard to figure out where he lies to be honest. I'm kinda lost at this stage, struggling to put together much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think the opposite to be honest, I think its a real role. Why? It makes sense that the ods would try counter balance the game and I think the role which Mick claims fits in so well after the conversion. Walkers arent killing people, they are infecting people and taking away villagers and adding to walkers.

It be a bold brave move on a wolfs part. Mick had very little heat on him.

I know Mick had very little heat on him. Which is why I find the move so odd. Unless there's heat on him, why come out with such a powerful role? He basically screamed "HEY BODYGUARD, PROTECT ME TONIGHT!" by claiming a role no one could counter.
    Kolido wrote: »
    It does state in the OP that there would be such role though.

It does seem like a quite powerfull role, everyone will want to keep him around until he tries to hit the walker, if he fails, the walker will avoid him and he will be basically a nrv so not high up the list for the wolves.

Fair point about the opening post.

Its one I'd have liked to hear Mick make himself, actually. Rather than leaving others to fill the gaps in his story for him. Further, if I was given a role that wasn't explained in the OP, I'd have a full explanation for it ready to go when it came time to out myself, and would be ready to discuss it with everyone (Mick's response this morning to my initial eqnuiries was to bat questions away with "Go ask the mods!")

I'll add this.

Why did Yoss get lynched HARD last night?

The popular reasoning behind everyone voting for him was he came up with a ludicrous role claim that no one could counter, and that wasn't forecast to the players, at a time when there wasn't much heat on him.

Mick's is more ludicrous. Its harder to verify, if not down right impossible.

It seems hypocritical for everyone to lump onto Yoss for the same offence, but now handwave Mick's claim away.

And that's ignorng that such a role MAKES NO SENSE IN THIS WORLD! The walkers, point blank, cannot be cured in The Walking Dead. Some believe they can initially, and then die in the process. Get me? PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT WALKERS CAN BE CURED DIE!!!! The role makes. No. sense. in. this. world.

I'm not going to get tunnel visioned on this. If no one else wants to discuss it, fine. But Mick (and Beaker for his defence of him) just flew up my list of names...

Definitely a wolf so.
    Can you take the substitution at face value. The first modkill was replaced by the sub.
    Dig into the players posts and find reasons to find wolf, not a substitution message from the mods.

I know Mick had very little heat on him. Which is why I find the move so odd. Unless there's heat on him, why come out with such a powerful role? He basically screamed "HEY BODYGUARD, PROTECT ME TONIGHT!" by claiming a role no one could counter.

So do you think its a Mick was trying to steer BG protection from another person onto him, to perhaps make a munch target more vunerable?

Its one I'd have liked to hear Mick make himself, actually. Rather than leaving others to fill the gaps in his story for him. Further, if I was given a role that wasn't explained in the OP, I'd have a full explanation for it ready to go when it came time to out myself, and would be ready to discuss it with everyone (Mick's response this morning to my initial eqnuiries was to bat questions away with "Go ask the mods!")

I'll add this.

The popular reasoning behind everyone voting for him was he came up with a ludicrous role claim that no one could counter, and that wasn't forecast to the players, at a time when there wasn't much heat on him.

It seems hypocritical for everyone to lump onto Yoss for the same offence, but now handwave Mick's claim away.

And that's ignorng that such a role MAKES NO SENSE IN THIS WORLD! The walkers, point blank, cannot be cured in The Walking Dead. Some believe they can initially, and then die in the process. Get me? PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT WALKERS CAN BE CURED DIE!!!! The role makes. No. sense. in. this. world.

I'm not going to get tunnel visioned on this. If no one else wants to discuss it, fine. But Mick (and Beaker for his defence of him) just flew up my list of names...

The timing of Yoss coming out was what set a lot of people off I thought. It's what pushed me to vote for him, it felt like a delaying tactic. Micks was weird aswell in that there was no need to come out at this point and does kind of feel like he was looking for protection.

Out of curiosity when is protection put on by the BG? And can it be changed? I suppose what I'm getting at was he making the play for protection in order to leave the priest vulnerable if there was a reveal.

• Advertisement

Well not everyone lumped onto Yoss, I for one believed him too. I dont think everyone is giving Mick a pass here either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So do you think its a Mick was trying to steer BG protection from another person onto him, to perhaps make a munch target more vunerable?

Maybe but on what planet did anyone here think that Cross and Loughc were potential munch targets? Who would Mick have been trying to divert the BG protection away from?

FWIW I'm inclined to believe Mick's claim. I don't really know the mechanics of TWD so I will take his word that it's a thing. It makes sense from a balance point of view too and without any other information to go on at the moment it's what I'm left with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'll add this.

I'm not saying I believe mick, in fact I think the role he has claim sound a bit too power to me. Good point also on the not having the full story at hand when questioned.

Regarding Yoss, I did give him the benefit of the doubt last night when I voted for cross, his role being the lesser of the 2 assuming they were both being honest.

Ive news :D

Im
    Dr.Jenner

got activated tongiht after the conversion.I have 1 syringe with the cure it can be used at antime on anyone but only effects the origional walker. If I choose correctly then I cure all walkers at which time ive completely my lifes work and will die. If i chose wrong thats it.[\B] im immune from being converted as Ive taken the anti virus had my role from the start but I couldnt say untill after the convert or I'd die in a lab explosion.

I first thgt trigger was the walker then I tght it was yosser and thats the reason he came out as the app seer so he'd get the conversion. Still could have been yoss if he got the conversion in before the lynch. hopefully thats cleared up in the morning

been a busy day for me in the lab doing lab type stuff and still havent caught up on the thread propely yet.

peace out

o the cured will count toward wins for whatever team they were on but i wasn't told if they got thier poweres back

This kind of seems odd, he can give the injection to some one but if he's wrong it doesn't do anything at all. Pretty much makes what you've said impossible to verify. Out of curiosity why did you reveal when you did? You weren't on many people's radar, not tempted to ride out the lynch and the next turn seeing as your immune from the walker?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Maybe but on what planet did anyone here think that Cross and Loughc were potential munch targets? Who would Mick have been trying to divert the BG protection away from?

FWIW I'm inclined to believe Mick's claim. I don't really know the mechanics of TWD so I will take his word that it's a thing. It makes sense from a balance point of view too and without any other information to go on at the moment it's what I'm left with.

Exactly, if Lord TSC is using that logic of course. I didnt see either as munch targets. If i was a BG I dont know whom Id protect last night, so I wouldnt think thats the reasoing for Micks reveal if he was a wolf. It doesnt add up

This kind of seems odd, he can give the injection to some one but if he's wrong it doesn't do anything at all. Pretty much makes what you've said impossible to verify. Out of curiosity why did you reveal when you did? You weren't on many people's radar, not tempted to ride out the lynch and the next turn seeing as your immune from the walker?

Well if he tells us who hes injecting, Id be looking for a mod message to tell us someone has been converted back (just like we got when a conversion took place).

If no Mod message, Id be looking at Mick for answers.

Made an arse trying to bold that one line :/

Well if he tells us who hes injecting, Id be looking for a mod message to tell us someone has been converted back (just like we got when a conversion took place).

If no Mod message, Id be looking at Mick for answers.

But according to him he can only turn the original walker which is very low of odds of nailing and the more time passes then the more walkers there will be among us. Seems like a stab in the dark kind of power regardless

My FFA 2 is

Yoss- really don't like the timing of the reveal of seer and the conversations that followed haven't alleviated those fears

sKeith- still sceptical off the opening night posting jaunt followed by a very quiet second day. Hard to place but I feel he's on the wolf side.

Cross- The low post count was suspicious, the reference to the back room has piqued my interest a little more. Might revisit this around 7 once I get a chance to reread some of today's posts

Duffman, whats your read on Skeith today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I presume we can all agree to an FFA later? We won't have to spend an hour convincing people to take part?

Advertisement