Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVII - The Walking Dead

Comments

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I cant shake the notion of Stu. I ve a bad feeling about you. Maybe Im wrong, but you gave a few good "im new and still learning" posts yday, yet I keep reading your posts from last night like the one above and feel its just an act.

But is it an act to stay alive as a villager or as a wolf.

Either way your not as unaware of the game as you let on.

Yesterday was a learning experience for me in my new Werewolf journey. I thought that being upfront would help at least rule me out as a wolf. As it turns out, that's how to make yourself a suspect.

To be honest, when I came in first yesterday, it wasn't just about being honest and direct with my role. I was also working up towards a departure, like "Sorry for fúcking yis around folks, but this game is too much for me to learn at this moment. I won't really be around - but if it helps, I'm no one important."

Then the craic I had in here yesterday hooked me in and I didn't want to leave. The more I was trying to work up to the 'Sorry, gotta go' post, the more I realised I was getting pulled into the game and the thread.

I am as unaware of the game's mechanics as I have said. But honestly, since I've spent the last 20 posts in here knocking myself, I will say that I'm not totally stupid in life and can pick things up quickly if I've an interest in them. If I had an experienced WW player to sit down with for 10 minutes and go through the mechanics and special roles with me, you might actually be in trouble and have something to worry about! Without that tutor though, it will take me a few games to grasp everything that's going on.

There's no act, apart from my early posts where I attempted to get into the role-playing element by talking more like a character - "There is no God, but someone save us" etc. But even in that 'act', I'm basically trying to honestly tell you that I'm an NRV with no power to save anyone.
    He voted for me because I suspected him and then voted for him. it was tit for tat.

You talking about LoughC there? It's interesting, the minute you and I started to get into a bit of debate, Lough would thank my posts which questioned you. Was Lough a wolf, or maybe just thanking me for indirectly helping him to smoke out a wolf? Dunno, but just thought I'd mention it if you want to include it in your thinking for today.

As for my current thinking on you - Your persistence with me and a couple of other things so close to the vote pushed me towards you in the lynch last night. Funny enough, the fact that you want to continue looking at me today has made me think you less likely a wolf...if that makes any sense. Like before the vote last night, you might have been looking to deflect to save your own wolf skin. Now though, without a lynching in the next few hours, I think you are investigating to save the village rather than yourself. That could change as the day goes on though!

Just wondering, as a noob - When the dust settles and the game ends, do we all get to find out each others roles? If so, can't wait! Beaker Joe, I want your home address dude - There's a 12" x 18" billboard going outside your abode "Stu was not a wolf" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Duffman, whats your read on Skeith today?

My initial feeling is still nagging at me but it was more from the timings of his posts than the content that made me suspicious. At this stage I'm struggling for an FFA, I'll need to reread some his and others posts before tonight in order to see where I lie. He now just seems like a looper who stays up till all hours and functions on an hour's sleep. He must go around like a zombie ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yesterday was a learning experience for me in my new Werewolf journey. I thought that being upfront would help at least rule me out as a wolf. As it turns out, that's how to make yourself a suspect.

To be honest, when I came in first yesterday, it wasn't just about being honest and direct with my role. I was also working up towards a departure, like "Sorry for fúcking yis around folks, but this game is too much for me to learn at this moment. I won't really be around - but if it helps, I'm no one important."

Then the craic I had in here yesterday hooked me in and I didn't want to leave. The more I was trying to work up to the 'Sorry, gotta go' post, the more I realised I was getting pulled into the game and the thread.

I am as unaware of the game's mechanics as I have said. But honestly, since I've spent the last 20 posts in here knocking myself, I will say that I'm not totally stupid in life and can pick things up quickly if I've an interest in them. If I had an experienced WW player to sit down with for 10 minutes and go through the mechanics and special roles with me, you might actually be in trouble and have something to worry about! Without that tutor though, it will take me a few games to grasp everything that's going on.

There's no act, apart from my early posts where I attempted to get into the role-playing element by talking more like a character - "There is no God, but someone save us" etc. But even in that 'act', I'm basically trying to honestly tell you that I'm an NRV with no power to save anyone.

You talking about LoughC there? It's interesting, the minute you and I started to get into a bit of debate, Lough would thank my posts which questioned you. Was Lough a wolf, or maybe just thanking me for indirectly helping him to smoke out a wolf? Dunno, but just thought I'd mention it if you want to include it in your thinking for today.

As for my current thinking on you - Your persistence with me and a couple of other things so close to the vote pushed me towards you in the lynch last night. Funny enough, the fact that you want to continue looking at me today has made me think you less likely a wolf...if that makes any sense. Like before the vote last night, you might have been looking to deflect to save your own wolf skin. Now though, without a lynching in the next few hours, I think you are investigating to save the village rather than yourself. That could change as the day goes on though!

Just wondering, as a noob - When the dust settles and the game ends, do we all get to find out each others roles? If so, can't wait! Beaker Joe, I want your home address dude - There's a 12" x 18" billboard going outside your abode "Stu was not a wolf" :pac:

Firstly, as a newbie who failed miserably on his first game, like really really miserably, well done at getting stuck in to the game with much better success than I.

I can only read whats in front of me Stu, while its very ease to do better than I did as a new player, you have done so well in my eyes that you've exceeded my expectations for new players. You seem to have a great handle on the game than you let on, I think thats fair to say.

We do get to know everyones roles when the game ends and you may be an NRV, but thats what a wolf would say so too. You get that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter wrote: »
    I presume we can all agree to an FFA later? We won't have to spend an hour convincing people to take part?

Given we haven't much more to go on since last night, mine will probably be based of the voting patterns the last 2 nights.

2 from my ffa from yesterday are now gone, the other has claimed a special role.

Yeah all the backrooms get opened including yours so we can see what you were posting in secret the whole time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

#ffa3

sKeith - He said he wanted a race.
    Armageddon - Maybe this will get you speaking!
    no number 3, don't want to dilute a good race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sKeith wrote: »
    #ffa3

sKeith - He said he wanted a race.
    Armageddon - Maybe this will get you speaking!
    no number 3, don't want to dilute a good race.

Why don't ya post a serious one ya big bastard ya

Why don't ya post a serious one ya big bastard ya

Why are you suss of Uriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

So Crosses posts. Not much to go through there either. No hint of a role claim, less even so than Lough so either wolves taking out wolves or he got too close to a wolf.
    Votes: Day 1- drumpot, day 2- Uriel.

Cross arrived late and said he voted Drumpot randomly. A few people pushed back on him for this.
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I was unable to keep up yesterday due to other stuff. I voted for Drumpot around 2045. It was a purely random vote as there was no way I had time to read the whole thread.

People also made a lot out of this comment though he explained it later. Molly defended him on this.
    The wolf teams know who each other are so they know if you are/aren't on their team already.
    We're all NRVs don't ya know.
    Correct, that's why I used the word 'team' rather than 'teams'. Maybe I should have said 'own team' as you did above.

Hmm so taking Cross at face value, here's who voted for him yday: Flush, Molly, Uriel, Kolido, y0sser, pter. These had him in their FFA but didn't vote for him: destroyer, lordy and duffman. y0sser was the odd one out (voted cross but not in FFA, but that's likely trying to save his own skin). Dunno if I should be making something of the fact that Molly defended Cross earlier, then voted him?
    It's worth watching the bandwagoning on me. There's wolves in there for sure.

Top suspicions were Uriel and Pter. Apart from y0sser he didn't comment much on anyone else. Solid enough reasoning behind the Pter accusation, but the Uriel one seems based on gut?
    Right. Here's what I think at the moment.

I'm not convinced of the Yosser thing. In fact I don't buy it at all right now. I won't be voting for him.

I'll be voting for Petr. There's something very suss about the following sequence. I'll try elaborate a bit.

Here's Petr's FFA from earlier. He takes an easy option and sticks me in for being inactive and then adds the back room comms thing. Yeah, whatever.

Then Molly arrives with a bit os sense and clearly she sees what I was trying to say.

Then, as I become more prevalent on FFAs, Petr tells Molly that she's suss for think as she did above. It appears to me as if he's trying to indicate to Molly that she's suspicious now in the hope she'll change her mind and get on board.

It look real wolfy to me. So I'll vote Petr.

My next choice would be Uriel but that's more of hunch. I can't put my finger on it but he's coming across real dodgy - I'm not sure if it's posting style or what - it's just making me uneasy.

If anyone has any reason to think that I'm wrong about Petr then please tell me (no Russians need reply :) ).

FWIW, I'm not trying to save my own skin, I'm just an NRV and like I said earlier, lynching me will help the wolves but at least it will protect a roled player.

Carry on.
    I'm hardly doing an excellent job given I'm high up on the lynch list :confused:

I can't do anything about the previous lack of posts - it was unavoidable, unfortunately. But if lack of posting is a valid reason then knock yourselves out and lynch me.

Incidently, I'm now undecided between Petr and Uriel. Principally because Uriels offish attitude is becoming more obvious by the page.
    I'm still undecided between Uriel. and Petr.

Although while I don't take Yosser's claim with anything else than a grain of salt, I can't help wonder if it's still a plan to entice out the actual roled player.......
    Apologies, I missed this. Thanks to Uriel for bringing it to my attention.

I don't have any other thoughts just yet. I given my thought on you, Uriel and Yoss.

I have nothing to contribute on any other player at this time. I'm not going to simply repeat what others are saying.

Believes Mick's claim, and thinks skeith is 51% villager.
    That alone makes him a candidate for a walker :D

I see why you might think that - especially as sKeith can never be trusted! But, tbh, he comes across as a bit villagery to me. Helpful with the reveal theory among other things. Of course, that could be subterfuge but for now I have him at 51% villager.

I'd say I'll be still under pressure today and am happy to be raced if necessary.

On the Mick thing, I'm inclined to take it as it appears for now. It seems to 'genuine' to be made up but it all depends on many other roles Mick claims :)

Again, like the Lough wall earlier, without knowing alignment it's hard to pick stuff from this. :/

because we are blind again!
    I really thought we'd have info today.
    Unless the priest wants us to believe that everybody dead so far was good!
    can't believe both are dead already unless tiggs was the origional priest and never picked an apprentice.

argmageddon because you and sofireland combined have more posts than her yet modkilled and she has ffa'd and voted every round so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

can't believe both are dead already unless tiggs was the origional priest and never picked an apprentice.

argmageddon because you and sofireland combined have more posts than her yet modkilled and she has ffa'd and voted every round so far!

Even if the priest knew that every single player that has died so far was good, I do think that now is a good time to come out. We might not have bagged a wolf but at least we can whittle down the number of villagers left alive. It's something to go on at least. At the moment we are just floundering because we have nothing to go on. We can't form any assumptions about anyone because we can't speculate on their reasonings.

I've just spent the entire lunchtime going through everyone's posts one by one and I've just got a whole lot of nothing. No one is jumping out at me as being super suspicious. I'm stumped. I'll continue this later when I'm home but as it stands I've got nothing to go on for an FFA. We badly need INPUT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sure you still need two more names

Tom Petty is serious by the by, good choice there.

PJ I think Uri is playing a very suss game, imo, along with TB so I'm shipping them as a team atm. I don't have much to go off, only really started scrutinizing last 20 pages or so. Uri is one who stood out as evil from the start for me.

Amanda for Walker I think

I'll try the maths

began with 30 - 23 good / 7 evil

we are now at 23

worst case scenario - 23 - 7 - 1 = 15 good v 8 evil

I'd be pretty confident at least 1 if not 2 wolves are already dead.

So it could be right now 16/17 v 7/6

There are multiple win scenarios as there are essentailly 4 factions.

The worst thing is, we are playing blind with allignement announcements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kolido wrote: »
    I'll try the maths

we are now at 23

a41e3423c792db65f4be2cefc5236891.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Assuming there was/is a priest, an apprentice priest, a seer, an apprentice seer (if we believe Yoss) and a bodyguard the village should be in a good position.
    Going by Keith/Guffy's calculations on night 1 any one of those 3 rolled villagers (not including the BG and assuming that the app seer is dead) should be coming out now to give us some more information to go on. We hopefully still have a bodyguard to provide protection but even if we don't the value of the potential information outweighs the risk of death. And with a backup priest we'd still be in a strong position.

Kolido wrote: »
    I'll try the maths

we are now at 23

Please state who you were confident about.

Sure you still need two more names

Tom Petty is serious by the by, good choice there.

PJ I think Uri is playing a very suss game, imo, along with TB so I'm shipping them as a team atm. I don't have much to go off, only really started scrutinizing last 20 pages or so. Uri is one who stood out as evil from the start for me.

Amanda for Walker I think

Not sure why I'm defending here but there isn't any teams with the walkers in play. I was curious about your accusation of Uriel because I was too eariler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yes because half of his posts are either rule quotes or statistical ****e, none of which has helped.

I don't know that but myself that's why I asked Urine. Also, coming in here with a perfect story would nearly be more suss like if I was trying to lie why wouldn't I just leave the Uriel post out?? :confused:
    The point being if he was walker and that was before conversion how would I know to back him up??? It makes no sense? I'd have to have knowledge that 1 he was walker and 2 that St some point in the future id be alive and he'd choose to convert me. Neither makes sense. It's a really odd inclusion in your post and I don't buy your explanation around it's conclusion. It's a very suss move by you.

Actually tho Uriel, I also have on my notes that Keith randomly called you good on day 1. How do you feel about that?? Seems to obvious for ye to be working together, but was there pocketing going on???

I feel great. Cos I am good. But I know

So taking both Cross and Lough together they were suspicious of Uriel, Pter, Pstarr and BJ. No cross over between them.

I'm not getting much from the votes/FFAs of them. Both Uriel and Pter voted Cross, but tough to tell if that's tit for tat voting coz he named them. Pter was one of the last on major votes both nights. P* explained the throwaway vote on day 1, as did BJ. P* voted y0ss, one of the last voters. BJ did you already explain your LoughC vote? Presumably tit for tat?

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »

Nothing about Keith. So you'll need to ask him why he thought I was good.

A quoted post would also be helpful

1 or 2 in Trit, cross, and yoss

But also going on laws of average, between lynches and munches, high chance 1 wolf is gone.

I think she is refering to the destroyer bad thing, which she then says i go after destroyer for no reason. more contradictions. let see when she fishes out the quote.

The point being if he was walker and that was before conversion how would I know to back him up??? It makes no sense? I'd have to have knowledge that 1 he was walker and 2 that St some point in the future id be alive and he'd choose to convert me. Neither makes sense. It's a really odd inclusion in your post and I don't buy your explanation around it's conclusion. It's a very suss move by you.
    Again, I thought it would be stranger to leave it out. You chipped in. I need to check back but I don't think you said why? You agreed that they were the rules but those rules weren't stated here anywhere? It could easily be something discussed in a backroom among wolves. skeith has spend an immense amount of time all thread talking about walkers, I'm not buying it as a villager move.
    So, how do you feel about serial keith then? Do you remember him randomly deciding you were good out of nowhere. Also, what was with your little role claims? I'm trying hard not to get on the wagon that I feel is forming around you. Usually when I don't understand what you're at it's because you're helping the village, and I could buy a pre-munch decoy claim but the second one.... Why mention BJ?

oh, and then she say i dropped it, as i said to destroyer at the time, find me somebody better and i'll look at that, well i found someone better to vote for but destroyer was still on my ffa though, so how did i drop it?

See below:
    yeah, i think uriel is a good skin myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Me too! he's been my number 1 to swing from the get go.

as for mention of me calling out non posters, this is why.. it works.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104768599&postcount=323 see.

give people a reason to engage. There was no smear campaign by me on low poster, i just wanted to see people type so I can try to get a read on them.

if there is nothing to read, how are we supposed to attempt to see signs of alignment?

oh, and then she say i dropped it, as i said to destroyer at the time, find me somebody better and i'll look at that, well i found someone better to vote for but destroyer was still on my ffa though, so how did i drop it?

Destroyer is on your FFA, but you've never gone hard for him now have you? If you have, show me the posts and I'll take it back. As far as I've seen in your mountain of fluff, you've never put forward any evidence only his initial list of names. Same to Manda, all you've said is safe FFA and coasting but how does that not apply to Flush or pj or duffman? Anyways, I've already stated my case against you, your constant defense indicates I'm hitting a nerve.

I need to find two more for my FFA now and it'll be this evening before I'm back. I bet you're wishing you just ate me last night Wolfyface McWolfypants because hopefully others are copping on and seeing you for who you are.

• Advertisement

Final post before I get fired. Why would you ask this? Trying to suss if he's the priest so you can munch him later?

Advertisement