Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched from Sky - Phone Query

Options
  • 22-09-2017 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just signed up to a Fibre Broadband and Phone package with you, having switched from Sky, and the broadband was installed and activated yesterday.

When I went to view my Sky account today, I see the broadband has been cancelled, but Sky Talk remains @ €30 a month, which is telling me the phone side of things isn't sorted yet?

What is the procedure regarding the entire switch to a Broadband and Phone package?

I don't want to see a €30 charge on any forthcoming Sky Bills.

Also, I'm unable to register for My Eir, which after calling you yesterday was told I should be able to do so within 24 hours.

I'm still getting the following message:

Unfortunately we couldn't verify your details. Please try again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

As far as I remember, phoneline switch takes a few days after broadband as the system can only handle one order at a time (broadband switch completes, then phoneline switch order).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

You have to apply to have your phone ported if not before the switch, certainly within a certain number of days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

fernrock wrote: »
    You have to apply to have your phone ported if not before the switch, certainly within a certain number of days after.
    Eir are supposed to be handling the entire switch. I was told nothing at all about this.

When I switched from Digiweb to Sky, everything was seamless.

This is landline I'm on about by the way, not mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Just from my own experience, I switched recently from Sky to Virgin , my BB came over once I advised sky but, I had to apply to virgin to port over my phone from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just from my own experience, I switched recently from Sky to Virgin , my BB came over once I advised sky but, I had to apply to virgin to port over my phone from Sky.
    That's because Virgin use a different system to Sky. Once you supply you uan to eir the transfer should go through for both Broadband and phone once you aren't picking a phone only option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Virgin is a different situation, Eir do the switch themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

I've just signed up to a Fibre Broadband and Phone package with you, having switched from Sky, and the broadband was installed and activated yesterday.

When I went to view my Sky account today, I see the broadband has been cancelled, but Sky Talk remains @ €30 a month, which is telling me the phone side of things isn't sorted yet?

What is the procedure regarding the entire switch to a Broadband and Phone package?

I don't want to see a €30 charge on any forthcoming Sky Bills.

Also, I'm unable to register for My Eir, which after calling you yesterday was told I should be able to do so within 24 hours.

I'm still getting the following message:

Unfortunately we couldn't verify your details. Please try again.
    Hi Silver Serpent,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I'll check on this for you. You won't be able to register for my eir until all of your services on your account are active.

- Adam

Advertisement