Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVRT Query Gross Vehicle Weight

• 22-09-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Hi

Hopefully someone can advise on this i went to do the CVRT Test today on my freshly converted Mazda Bongo but was told they cannot test it without getting a letter from a Mazda main dealer to confirm the gross vehicle weight and the Maximum axle weights I went to a Mazda garage and they checked their system and didn't have any information to fill the form out I have the info already from https://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk/ but Mazda wont sign it with this as a source does anyone know another way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Allan's say they got the axle weights from Mazda Europe so that would be a place to start. They may have a copy of the email / letter or tell you who to contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

try murphy trucks in ballymount I test my camper there and find them very good, they weight it anyway as far as I know.

Its maximum not actual axle weights he needs which are usually on the vin plate but not on japanese vehicles.

Another option if you don't mind spending a few hundred euro might be to contact sv tech or john ruffles - j r consultancy in the UK. A lot of camper owners in UK and a coupld in Ireland have uprated or downrated their camper vans through them. They can supply a weight plate and supporting documentation. You'd have to make sure they'll accept it first I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Its maximum not actual axle weights he needs which are usually on the vin plate but not on japanese vehicles.

Another option if you don't mind spending a few hundred euro might be to contact sv tech or john ruffles - j r consultancy in the UK. A lot of camper owners in UK and a coupld in Ireland have uprated or downrated their camper vans through them. They can supply a weight plate and supporting documentation. You'd have to make sure they'll accept it first I suppose.

My camper is a toyota hiace imported from Japan and this is the first I've heard of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

I have had this issue before and had to fill in a declaration with the weights you have above which then gets saved in the vehicle history for the CVRT centre. If you PM me, I'll send you on a copy of hte declaration which you can sign and submit.

EDIT: Here is what you need
    http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Testing/Circulars%20for%20test%20centres/Circular%20VT/2011/Circular_2006_re_LGV_Manufacturers_PlateRequirements.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I have had this issue before and had to fill in a declaration with the weights you have above which then gets saved in the vehicle history for the CVRT centre. If you PM me, I'll send you on a copy of hte declaration which you can sign and submit.

EDIT: Here is what you need
    http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Testing/Circulars%20for%20test%20centres/Circular%20VT/2011/Circular_2006_re_LGV_Manufacturers_PlateRequirements.pdf

Thanks for that that's the form he gave me and said it needs to be filled in by Mazda, Either way I bumped into a friend who works at a test centre and he said don't mind that book it in his place with the form filled out and he will input it into the system they get a lot of stuff in from the other test centre they turn away for similar reasons they seem to be making up their own rules on what they want to test

My camper is a toyota hiace imported from Japan and this is the first I've heard of it

Yours was probably done under the old system at the local tax office like ours was? The NCT center is much more thorough. Our hiace log book was a joke mostly blank had wrong number of seats, wrong cc, a partial vin number, no gvw etc.

I've had mine in three test centres and there was no issues, the first one got me to fill in that form and it's on the cvrt system ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hunbongo

Hi There!

Any luck with the mazda dealers ?
    Did you done the test?

Hunbongo wrote:
    Any luck with the mazda dealers ? Did you done the test?

Mazda dealers won't want to know. As per the link I put up earlier, the owner of the vehicle can make the declaration, if the test centre don't agree to that, go elsewhere

• Advertisement

Pretty much whar Simona said i have it booked into a friends test centre he is going to enter the weights i gave him

Just to follow up on this went to get the DOE and the tester filled in the form from a file he keeps of all vehicle weights asked me to sign the form and put it in the system the van failed on emissions but a new oxygen sensor and cleaning the MAF sensor and she flew through the retest

Advertisement