Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no detail in business banking statement?

Options
  • 22-09-2017 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there. I'm using BOI business banking. When I check online to see details of a recent statement, business online shows the name of the company/establishment, posting date and amount debited in the same way that an visa statement does. Then, after a few days, the name of the company/establishment is replaced with an indecipherable code. Thereafter, the statements are largely rendered useless. Normal business processes are practically impossible without the name of the establishment/company in the bank statement including - submitting statements for audits, querying charges, accounting for different projects, end of year accounts, and simply keeping day to day overview of expenses. Every business needs these as a basic requirement. Every Visa statement provides this info in perpetuity - why can't Bank of Ireland provide it to their customers? Thanks, Johnny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Jmail wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm using BOI business banking. When I check online to see details of a recent statement, business online shows the name of the company/establishment, posting date and amount debited in the same way that an visa statement does. Then, after a few days, the name of the company/establishment is replaced with an indecipherable code. Thereafter, the statements are largely rendered useless. Normal business processes are practically impossible without the name of the establishment/company in the bank statement including - submitting statements for audits, querying charges, accounting for different projects, end of year accounts, and simply keeping day to day overview of expenses. Every business needs these as a basic requirement. Every Visa statement provides this info in perpetuity - why can't Bank of Ireland provide it to their customers? Thanks, Johnny
    Hi Johnny, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties viewing your transaction details through Business Online.

With Business Online you can view transactions on your account for the past 90 days. To access the Balance and Transaction report, please login and select the Accounts tab in the menu bar of the Dashboard.

Then click on the 'eye' icon beside the account you wish to view on the Balance and Transactions page and select the orange 'Report' button.

Can you try this and let me know if you're still having problems viewing the details?

Thanks, Nicola :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jmail

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of what you suggested and yes, the problem is still there. Most of the transactions I'm referring to are in USD and are made from the US, where I'm currently based. The real issue is that the name of the establishment/company appears in a list of transactions going back a few days, but then changes to code after a few days. So any transactions older than 5 or so days do not contain any information about the place. The information is being sent by the retailer to the bank, but for some reason the bank is deleting this info after a few days.

For example, I rented a car from Turo Car Rental in Los Angeles and the name of the company was added to my statement the day after the transaction. WHen I checked it a week later, it was replaced with this - P0409US191.66

The only information I need (apart from the amount) is the name of the establishment - but this has now disappeared from our statement as have almost all company names. We're simply not able to do our end of year accounts until Bank of Ireland furnishes us with the correct information on this. Can you please look into this? Thanks, Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The bank is legally obliged to show the currency and rate of a cross currency transaction with limited character width. I have had similar issue with Amazon transactions. They appear as Amazon on the temporary shadow posting but change to the format as you describe on the permanent posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Jmail wrote: »
    Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of what you suggested and yes, the problem is still there. Most of the transactions I'm referring to are in USD and are made from the US, where I'm currently based. The real issue is that the name of the establishment/company appears in a list of transactions going back a few days, but then changes to code after a few days. So any transactions older than 5 or so days do not contain any information about the place. The information is being sent by the retailer to the bank, but for some reason the bank is deleting this info after a few days.

For example, I rented a car from Turo Car Rental in Los Angeles and the name of the company was added to my statement the day after the transaction. WHen I checked it a week later, it was replaced with this - P0409US191.66

The only information I need (apart from the amount) is the name of the establishment - but this has now disappeared from our statement as have almost all company names. We're simply not able to do our end of year accounts until Bank of Ireland furnishes us with the correct information on this. Can you please look into this? Thanks, Johnny

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here.

We would be obliged to show both the date and exchange rate for any Visa Debit card transaction done in a foreign currency. As the transaction is processing however you can see the retailer name on your transaction history. But as the exchange rate is decided on the date the transaction fully processed we would have to show the exchange rate for the transaction at that point.

If you would like to get any further retailer information on any transactions of this kind you can raise it through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be able to happy to look into any of these transactions for you.

Thanks again for your message,
    Darren.

Advertisement